PDA

View Full Version : Good Cameras for video recording

rideincircles
02-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Any recommendations for cameras that record decent video footage. I am thinking about getting a Canon A710, which can record an hour of footage. Is there any good way to muffle the sound so it doesn't sound like crap? i want to put together a good video of what goes down.

Mctommy
02-13-2007, 09:16 PM
look for the highest res possible, and also as to the limitations of the camera. I know some only allow x minute clips at higher resolutions, while at lower resolutions it would be unlimited.

Leckie
02-13-2007, 09:30 PM
sony has a new HDD camera that records HD digital quality straight to a hard drive. its pricey but you would get what you're looking for. also, if you're concerned about audio, get one of the attachable large microphones

suprefan
02-13-2007, 09:47 PM
sony has a new HDD camera that records HD digital quality straight to a hard drive. its pricey but you would get what you're looking for. also, if you're concerned about audio, get one of the attachable large microphones

Digital camera to take into coachella not a camcorder..

Californicator
02-13-2007, 11:10 PM
to help with audio, put your hand in front of the speaker, but don't touch it. the sound will travel around your hand and sound less "harsh".

Mr Dogs
02-14-2007, 01:20 AM
I've got a Fuji F30, which won quite a few awards over here. Video is 640x480 at 30fps, and is perfectly watchable. I recommend it heartily. Can provide sample clips if needed.