PDA

View Full Version : Easy Star All Stars

CoachellaFriendly
03-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Add these guys please :) Always wanted to see them perform live !! They're gimmick rocks with "Radiodread" and "Dub Side of The Moon" and with their new album coming out next month titled "Easy Stars Lonely Hearts Dub Band" they'd surely fit in with the scene. Plus...an additional reggae act is always a plus :) !! Add em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ6GxCHb2O0

djandrews25
03-13-2009, 10:59 AM
fuck you

Sleepingrock
03-13-2009, 02:51 PM
A month or so i posted almost the excatly same thing haha!
I still like the idea

Jremy
03-13-2009, 02:53 PM
fuck you

Fuck you.
I'm seeing them tonite in Denver. They're amazing

beavington
03-13-2009, 02:59 PM
fuck you

goddamn you are tired and boring. you fit in well.

amidoingitwrite
03-13-2009, 03:09 PM
interwebz is bad
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t113/lalocura_2007/pics/1232504711540.jpg

Jremy
03-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Just an update... These guys would be PERFECT for Coachella.
Their show last night was a mixture of Dub side of the moon, Radiodread, and Sgt. Peppers lonely Hearts Dub Band.
This would be an act anyone and everyone would enjoy.

For those of you who love Reggae, Radiohead, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, or some combination of these. CHECK OUT EASY STAR!

Sleepingrock
03-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Just an update... These guys would be PERFECT for Coachella.
Their show last night was a mixture of Dub side of the moon, Radiodread, and Sgt. Peppers lonely Hearts Dub Band.
This would be an act anyone and everyone would enjoy.

For those of you who love Reggae, Radiohead, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, or some combination of these. CHECK OUT EASY STAR!

Lucky ass >.<

I wanna see them badly

whynotsmile99
03-14-2009, 02:55 PM
love these guys. they are playign the key club in LA on a thursday in june

LooseAtTheZoo
03-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Do they actually play any original music?

Jremy
03-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Do they actually play any original music?

I believe they do have 1 original release (which I've never heard).
But I think they really found their niche in "reggatizing" other artists. Thats why i went to the show. They're literally the only cover band I like.

edit: I once saw a Neil Diamond cover band... That was a fuckin' good time.

Whiskers
03-15-2009, 01:08 PM
These guys would be great. Im stoked we at least have The Aggrolites this year though.

sonnyboy11
03-15-2009, 01:50 PM
I had ticket to see them do Dub Side of the Moon at the Henry Fonda here in LA a few years back. The show cancelled for some reason and I got a refund. I'd still love to see them live!

Jremy
12-17-2009, 01:53 AM
Gotta give this a bump for 2010.
They're perfect for this festival.

FoxeyLady
12-17-2009, 11:11 AM
seconded
lQ6GxCHb2O0

humanoid
12-17-2009, 11:19 AM
I saw them do a free show at the Great Park at the former Marine base here in Irvine over the summer...

had been a fan since Dub Side(perfect) came out, didn't love Radiodread...I was skeptical about the Beatles material...

I was blown away by these guys live. Their musicianship was simply brilliant and they executed every song flawlessly. It was truly impressive how great they sounded, and they had such a great time performing, it was infectious. Absolutely wonderful show. In the context of a live set, all the songs, even the Radiodread songs that I don't like that much, really fit perfectly. The Beatles interpretations were flawless and sounds incredible. More people need to hear these guys.

AbundantChoice
12-17-2009, 11:42 AM
I caught them on their most recent tour doing the Lonely Hearts Dub Band stuff. Was going expecting a silly/funny good time, and actually came away pretty impressed.

They actually are tremendous fun live, clearly have the musical chops to be something other than a gimmick band if they wanted to be, but seem to be happy doing this instead.

I actually broke down and grabbed the Sgt Pepper disc from eMusic... it's actually far better than it has any right to be. I'd argue their version of Lovely Rita is better than the original.

humanoid
12-17-2009, 12:07 PM
/\ Lovely Rita was one of the songs that really impressed me live

they have have very little original material, but you're right they definitely have the ability. They have sold a few hundred thousand albums and have toured regularly internationally for several years now, so this seems to be working for them.

honestly, i never could have imagined enjoying reggae/dub note for note recreations of these albums as much as I do. It sounds very gimmicky, but these guys pull it off almost perfectly. I really hope to see them again in the near future.

I have to pick up the Sgt Pepper disc pretty soon.