I agree 1000%

Wheres the beef?
03-11-2009, 12:31 PM
does APC exist as a band right now?

Of course.

familyguy420
03-11-2009, 12:31 PM
does APC exist as a band right now?

Maynard said that they are working on new material right now but not a full CD, and that they might do some "one off' shows but not a full tour so coachella would be Perfect!!!!

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=40759

Wheres the beef?
03-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Awesome! Great find!

zajaa
03-11-2009, 12:38 PM
what a tease

Blinken
03-11-2009, 12:42 PM
This would be so fucking awesome. Plus Salah would have sit through their set for the killers.

PotVsKtl
03-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Does anyone have any interest in anything unique?

Blinken
03-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Who do you want to replace Winehouse Pot?

PotVsKtl
03-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Roxy Music. I don't really give shit but it would be nice if the people on this board didn't talk about the same 5 or 6 bands over and over and over and over.

bigc1
03-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Roxy Music.

correct.

zajaa
03-11-2009, 12:58 PM
correct.

absolutely. granted, oldchella. but still.

obzen
03-11-2009, 01:21 PM
APC > Blur

:thu

dorkfish
03-11-2009, 01:23 PM
why not Stone Roses.

heyeric
03-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Yes!

Wheres the beef?
03-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Roxy Music. I don't really give shit but it would be nice if the people on this board didn't talk about the same 5 or 6 bands over and over and over and over.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who talks about APC.

Wheres the beef?
03-11-2009, 02:52 PM

It would be nice if people on this board would stop talking about irrelevant bands that were popular decades ago.

Monklish
03-11-2009, 02:58 PM
That would make me so happy. But at the same time, it would be so painful/funny to hear what The Reverend had to say about The Killers.

Mcoppel
03-11-2009, 03:05 PM
pretty much could replace anyone!...

im down with puscifer too!

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-11-2009, 03:07 PM

last year on our way home from Coachella our group sat around and made lists of '09 predictiuons and Roxy Music was actually one of my wish list guesses. That wouldf be a fucking amazing add

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-11-2009, 03:10 PM
It would be nice if people on this board would stop talking about irrelevant bands that were popular decades ago.

you're an idiot if you think Roxy Music is irrelevant

ALSO i in know way meant to imply anything negative about APC with my previous comment. it was just that both Billy and Maynard have been doing their own things recently and i hadn't heard anything about APC in a long time. Wonder who would be in the live band at this point?

I have seen both line ups perform, and while the second line up and thirteenth Step was good, the original band on the Mer De noms tour just fucking killed. September 8 2000 palladium show was amazing

Jon Blazed
03-11-2009, 03:15 PM
I would love for APC or Puscifer to take her place. With that said I would also love Roxy Music or The Kinks bitchez.

Jon Blazed
03-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Does anyone have any interest in anything unique?

OMGZZZ FAITH NO MORE!!!!

anti-square
03-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Maynard would replace any winehouse? His own too?

ELPOLLOLOCO
03-11-2009, 03:23 PM
ANY winehouse...how many are there?

ELPOLLOLOCO
03-11-2009, 03:23 PM
fuck! you beat me by 2 secs...

Jon Blazed
03-11-2009, 03:25 PM
nit pickin bunch we have here...

Wheres the beef?
03-11-2009, 03:28 PM
you're an idiot if you think Roxy Music is irrelevant

ALSO i in know way meant to imply anything negative about APC with my previous comment. it was just that both Billy and Maynard have been doing their own things recently and i hadn't heard anything about APC in a long time. Wonder who would be in the live band at this point?

I have seen both line ups perform, and while the second line up and thirteenth Step was good, the original band on the Mer De noms tour just fucking killed. September 8 2000 palladium show was amazing

You think PBR is a good beer. Your argument is invalid.

Wheres the beef?
03-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Maynard would replace any winehouse? His own too?

Hahaha.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-11-2009, 03:57 PM
You think PBR is a good beer. Your argument is invalid.

have you ever even tasted PBR? What qualities about it are bad? I like every style of beer

emtgreg
03-11-2009, 05:08 PM
even natty ice?

Blinken
03-11-2009, 05:09 PM
I like Natty Ice and PBR, but only because I am a cheap bastard.

Harrisment
03-11-2009, 05:18 PM
I would absolutely love this. Hell GV should have done this in the first place. I mean honestly who the fuck wants to see The Killers?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-11-2009, 06:04 PM
even natty ice?

not to derail every thread into a beer topic, but I do like natty light...generally don't drink ices though

obzen
03-11-2009, 06:19 PM
them Tool fellas jock all things Mike Patton...just sayin'.

interpolado
03-11-2009, 06:38 PM
APC could be the only band to compensate my NO-BOWIE-IN-COACHELLA deception

emtgreg
03-11-2009, 06:52 PM
bowie doesn't even know what coachella is...

and he never will...

also anything maynard related would be win...

obzen
03-11-2009, 06:58 PM
also anything maynard related would be win...
win.

phantomphlyer560
03-11-2009, 07:00 PM
not to derail every thread into a beer topic, but I do like natty light...generally don't drink ices though

my towns high school pretty much only drinks natty lights. its disgusting, im trying to break the trend and get budweiser in the loop.

emtgreg
03-11-2009, 07:03 PM
break the trend with budweiser?

uhh....oh wait, you are from jersey...nevermind...

JSam67
03-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Love this idea, APC would be an excellent subheadliner. It'd make my Saturday 1000x more exciting.

GauchoGuy17
03-12-2009, 02:52 AM
break the trend with budweiser?

uhh....oh wait, you are from jersey...nevermind...

Does he ski in his jeans?

TROOP! Agent Kevin
03-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Anything with Maynard in it would be a welcome add to me.
But the band I haven't seen yet is Puscifer.
And tell him to bring Milla with him!

Drinkey, I was at that 2000 Palladium show with you - killerouttasite.

bobert
03-12-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who talks about APC.

Yeah, to the point of being totally fucking delusional. That band will never play another show again, mark my words.

Monklish
03-12-2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah, to the point of being totally fucking delusional. That band will never play another show again, mark my words.

You're silly.

Drewski27
03-12-2009, 09:25 AM
yes. very silly.

Dogvolta
03-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Seeing Tool at coach a couple years ago put me in state of musical bliss that I try to obtain at every show I've been to since then. Seeing Tool in San Diego not too long after that was...fucking shitty. Seeing APC in at Universal was mediocre.
My vote goes to Puscifer.
I am being picky though. I actually don't care who Maynard plays with, just as long as he has a set.

zajaa
03-12-2009, 09:48 AM
^^ is there a fail worse than epic fail? catastrophic fail?

sbessiso
03-12-2009, 09:49 AM
worst. thread. ever.

GeezrRckr
03-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Unlikely that APC would do a one-off when Maynard is working hard to get the Puscifer tour going. I'd love to see APC (and Puscifer)....just saying.

Dogvolta
03-12-2009, 10:48 AM
^^ is there a fail worse than epic fail? catastrophic fail?

When Tool played in SD they played at a venue where 1: alcohol was not allowed 2: the floor had seats 3: the second a puff of smoke went up, security was on it and aggressively kicked out smoker 4: the closest anyone got to any sort of movement on the floor was maybe a head bob/nodding.
Pretty much 100% opposite experience I had seeing them at coachella. So, yes, huge fucking fail.
When I saw APC, I don't know, just didn't feel it. Maybe it was because I was surrounded by little eleven-teen year olds and in seats that people were actually fighting over.
I guess I should have clarified *why* those shows sucked, it wasn't really because Tool/APC sucked at their instrument music playing.
I've yet to see Puscifer and can't think of a better place to see them for the first time than at coachella weekend.

zajaa
03-12-2009, 10:50 AM
i dunno.. i was at both of those shows and they were incredible. apc at universal was one of my favorite concert moments

rhcpdude13
03-12-2009, 10:53 AM
whatever happened to amy winehouse fucking a donkey?

Dogvolta
03-12-2009, 11:07 AM
i dunno.. i was at both of those shows and they were incredible. apc at universal was one of my favorite concert moments

Yeah. I believe it too, just goes to show that it was my head that wasn't right with the shows

zajaa
03-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Yeah. I believe it too, just goes to show that it was my head that wasn't right with the shows

i think my head-state was probably key as well. especially at apc-- i was pretty buzzed of some jager, went inside and enjoyed an herbal cigarette during opening song Vanishing. the initial rush from this (that sorta head expanding feeling) grew into an immensely euphoric bodily reaction during the climactic ending of Pet. truly an enthralling live show.

Dogvolta
03-12-2009, 11:19 AM
I do remember them throwing down a STUNNING rehash of The Nurse Who Loved Me.
Mini-Kiss was fun too.

Shooters08
03-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Maynard said that they are working on new material right now but not a full CD, and that they might do some "one off' shows but not a full tour so coachella would be Perfect!!!!

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=40759

They have a huge schedule booked

zajaa
03-12-2009, 11:23 AM

come on. please validate this somehow.

familyguy420
03-12-2009, 11:32 AM

Ya I really was just being hopeful, I know it wont happen.

zeg0ggles
03-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Perfect Circle would be pretty fantastic. I have a feeling that GV might want to replace her with someone who might hold Winehouse's fan base better (which is what i'm kind of afraid of). I don't want to see Pete Doherty running around Indio as much as the next rational man anyway...

I'd just like to see a newer heavier act because the headliners are so tame and/or rather old this year. Perfect Circle fits that, but I think someone else could do it better. I like the idea of Faith No More, but I don't know if I want them without Jim Martin, who I heard wasn't reuniting with the band.

This is why I think Queens of the Stoneage would be a perfect addition. They have the radio popularity to bring in the random wanderers, while also having a built in, and quite vehement fan base (as well as a fairly recent and solid album).

Also if you disagree Josh Homme will publicly accost you.

Wheres the beef?
03-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Perfect Circle would be pretty fantastic. I have a feeling that GV might want to replace her with someone who might hold Winehouse's fan base better (which is what i'm kind of afraid of). I don't want to see Pete Doherty running around Indio as much as the next rational man anyway...

I'd just like to see a newer heavier act because the headliners are so tame and/or rather old this year. Perfect Circle fits that, but I think someone else could do it better. I like the idea of Faith No More, but I don't know if I want them without Jim Martin, who I heard wasn't reuniting with the band.

This is why I think Queens of the Stoneage would be a perfect addition. They have the radio popularity to bring in the random wanderers, while also having a built in, and quite vehement fan base (as well as a fairly recent and solid album).

Also if you disagree Josh Homme will publicly accost you.

I like the QOTSA idea but I've been let down with their live show in the past........

how bout Cypress Hill instead?

zajaa
03-12-2009, 03:30 PM
I like the QOTSA idea...

hell yeah!

...but I've been let down with their live show in the past........

yeah me too

how bout Cypress Hill instead?
wait what the fuck.

zeg0ggles
03-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Kyuss reunion anyone?

...anyone?

Xenocide
03-12-2009, 05:57 PM
i'd rather have Puscifer than APC...

oh, and sorry Kingsblend, but Blur >>> APC...
(although Tool >>> Blur)

karma_guy
03-12-2009, 06:38 PM
pretty sure it was stated that APC would never play live again
wikipedia says:
"On December 9, blabbermouth.net reported that Keenan had announced on The Pulse of Radio that he and Howerdel have been writing new music for A Perfect Circle. However, Keenan also said that the band has no plans to resume full-scale touring, or even to write and record a new album. Instead, they will focus on "one or two songs at a time", which will most likely be released via the Internet"

okay so i know a one off is possible
but i really just don't see it happening

obzen
03-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Tool >>> Blur

win.

hypervera
03-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Blur>>Apc
Blur>tool

obzen
03-12-2009, 08:45 PM
^:lool
no.

zajaa
03-12-2009, 08:55 PM
tool used to be amazing. undertow and aenima were both important milestones in metal (bands can't keep up the same tiny-string guitar solo formula forever). their live sets were totally shrouded in mystique, a mining and purging of the dark underbelly of the psyche. there was something smartly restrained about their aesthetic.

but then it just got bad and then worse. the dirty musclehead fans, maynard's emerging 'wacky' sense of humor (so glad he's keeping puscifer separate from tool), increasingly cheezy music videos, and a sense of phoned-in grandeur took the place of genuinely compelling music (ala U2 perhaps).

i almost wonder if tool fandom is a nerdier institution today than ever before, or could i just not see it all the way back in junior high....?

obzen
03-12-2009, 09:15 PM
i dunno 'bout you man,but ive listening to Tool since 92-Adam Jones made me want to pick up a guitar,each member is a virtuoso-and while they may be a little on the pretentious side,thankfully every LP theyve put out after Opiate is completely epic-theyre the Radiohead of Metal-completely congruent.

zajaa
03-12-2009, 09:33 PM
i dunno 'bout you man,but ive listening to Tool since 92-Adam Jones made me want to pick up a guitar,each member is a virtuoso-and while they may be a little on the pretentious side,thankfully every LP theyve put out after Opiate is completely epic-theyre the Radiohead of Metal-completely congruent.

they are virtuosos for sure, especially danny. i don't know about pretentious-- i think they're too un-hip to be pretentious.

obzen
03-12-2009, 09:42 PM
nah man-when you check out their live set-and plus the 8+ minute songs,you start realizing the band are really playing the Alex Grey/transcendentalism/self-actualization card-and thats great-more power to them...

...but then Maynard makes a remark about the crowd or the city theyre playing between songs that alienates the audience that worships him so-its really a funny thing to behold-i jock it though,fuck it.:)

zajaa
03-12-2009, 10:49 PM
nah man-when you check out their live set-and plus the 8+ minute songs,you start realizing the band are really playing the Alex Grey/transcendentalism/self-actualization card-and thats great-more power to them...

...but then Maynard makes a remark about the crowd or the city theyre playing between songs that alienates the audience that worships him so-its really a funny thing to behold-i jock it though,fuck it.:)

i think the man realizes he has a lot of dipshit fans

Wheres the beef?
03-12-2009, 10:54 PM
but then it just got bad and then worse. the dirty musclehead fans, maynard's emerging 'wacky' sense of humor (so glad he's keeping puscifer separate from tool), increasingly cheezy music videos, and a sense of phoned-in grandeur took the place of genuinely compelling music (ala U2 perhaps).

Just curious? Which videos are cheezy? (besides Vicarious).

Wheres the beef?
03-12-2009, 10:54 PM
I think your guys are forgetting that Tool is first and foremost not to be taken seriously at all.

roboticwaltz
03-12-2009, 11:14 PM
I think your guys are forgetting that Tool is first and foremost not to be taken seriously at all.

Yeah, all that and stuff. But I don't really like APC, although I'd have no problem with them. It just means I'm spending all night in the sahara.

tool used to be amazing. undertow and aenima were both important milestones in metal (bands can't keep up the same tiny-string guitar solo formula forever). their live sets were totally shrouded in mystique, a mining and purging of the dark underbelly of the psyche. there was something smartly restrained about their aesthetic.

i almost wonder if tool fandom is a nerdier institution today than ever before, or could i just not see it all the way back in junior high....?

Really? I think Lateralus was their best album, and 10,000 Days was really great too. I mean I could agree about the fan base, but their live act is still a thing to behold. I met Adam Jones outside my work one day, and he was as humble as you could imagine. I acted about as flustered as a horny 12-year-old meeting the Jonas brothers, but he was totally cool about it and he seemed to genuinely appreciate the impact he's had.

opiateruby
03-12-2009, 11:15 PM
APC hasn't sounded decent live since paz and troy left. I hope they have enough sense to stop.

Monklish
03-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Are you fucking kidding me? You don't even recognize Thirteenth Step? Suck one.

microcuts
03-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Josh Freese didn't just quit NIN for no reason...

Or maybe I think too much.

zajaa
03-12-2009, 11:53 PM
I think Lateralus was their best album, and 10,000 Days was really great too.

yeah but you were a toddler when they were dominating rock radio with their earlier records. you may have a different perspective if you were listening to them as undertow and aenima actually came out. just sayin.

familyguy420
03-13-2009, 12:06 AM

I like the way you think.

GauchoGuy17
03-13-2009, 12:45 AM
I lost a bit of respect for Adam Jones after 10,000 Days. Between the 3-note solos and the mostly perfunctory riffs, it almost sounded like they got a more creative version of Mike Mushok from Staind to fill in on guitar on that album.

The guitar solo in 10,000 Days (Wings pt 2) sounds like something a guy who was just starting out on guitar would play.

obzen
03-13-2009, 07:23 AM
^die.
you just compared Tool to staind?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

srsly,die.

Dogvolta
03-13-2009, 07:37 AM

I ask myself that question often. And as much as I love Opiate - 10,000 Days (I do have to disagree with you in that the albums get progressively worse, Tool is one of those bands where I have yet to get annoyed/disappointed with a new album), I can't help but get a slight bitter taste of pretentiousness once in a great while listening to their music.

Dogvolta
03-13-2009, 07:41 AM
I lost a bit of respect for Adam Jones after 10,000 Days. Between the 3-note solos and the mostly perfunctory riffs, it almost sounded like they got a more creative version of Mike Mushok from Staind to fill in on guitar on that album.

The guitar solo in 10,000 Days (Wings pt 2) sounds like something a guy who was just starting out on guitar would play.

I always looked at Lateralus as having a heavy focus on Danny Carey, while 10,000 as a focus on Justin (seriously, the bass on this album is all time).
Sure 10,000 days doesn't have any ground breaking face melting 5 minute solos...big fucking deal...

Neither does Staind.

obzen
03-13-2009, 08:32 AM
i think the man realizes he has a lot of dipshit fans

yeah but thats kind of played out-labeling bands fans in general and what not,
and if that were the case-its only cause every band has their own dipshit fans,its all subjective anyways,everyones different

but i see what you mean though,in their formative years they(Maynard especially)heard alot of noise from meatheads and the like about the on/off-stage antics/wardrobe etc.,but then again i steer clear from heads like that, the lames w/nothing to say,just being over-assertive w/their common-place opinions that seem only hinder the message the music brings...

Tool is awesome

fin.

Blinken
03-19-2009, 09:30 AM
:bump

obzen
03-19-2009, 09:48 AM
i said fin motherfucker!!

Tigo the Tiger
03-19-2009, 09:52 AM
I concur!

Aphxtwinin
03-19-2009, 10:36 AM

Or maybe I think too much.

he quit NIN cuz Devo is getting back together. their playing SXSW, ATP: Fans Strike Back, and some of their own shows

sonnyboy11
03-19-2009, 04:55 PM
i said fin motherfucker!!

Aw- I just got here. Can we talk about Tool some more... pretty please?? :)

APC will not happen. Maynard has pretty much closed that door. Puscifer would be great (seeing them Apr 4). I think it could make for an interesting evening with them on Saturday night. But, we talked it about it already in the Puscifer Tour thread. Doesn't seem likely to happen.

psycobetabuckdown
03-19-2009, 10:39 PM

When they came to SF last, Maynard told us to put our thumbs in the air, then bend over and stick them up our self-righteous assholes

awesome.

Wheres the beef?
03-19-2009, 10:51 PM
When they came to SF last, Maynard told us to put our thumbs in the air, then bend over and stick them up our self-righteous assholes

awesome.

I don't remember that. I remember nipple-shit-fuck though.