PDA

View Full Version : Sold out, so im going by myself now.

ToddThaGod
02-13-2007, 06:09 PM
No worries.

3 of my friends were ' undecided ' and 50/50. On the whole idea. I was the only one who had the balls to buy the ticket and camping pass. I'm not gonna cry and get pathetic but I wasn't planning on going by myself to my first festival. I figure i'm 21 years old now...i'm not getting any younger, I've never been to California ( the state alot of kids from jersey dream about living when they are little ) and I just want to get away for a while. I'm going to make the best of it. And it will definitely be an experience that i'll never forget.

Are there alot of you now that are forced to go by yourself? Well..not forced. You know what I mean. I really didnt expect the 3 day passes to sell out this quick. I thought maybe in early April...but wow. Any suggestions for first timers like me? You gotta pop your cherry eventually...RIGHT?

smilingdownward
02-13-2007, 06:28 PM
hey, i'm going by myself too. but plan to meet up with some friends there but still go my own way as i please. the thing about festivals is that you end up by yourself most of the time anyway and its nice going by yourself then you can do what you want and dont have to worry too much about making sure everyone meets up at a certain time or dosnt get left behind because you wanted to leave early ect. it just ends up costing more. like i cant share my hotel room costs or the rental car costs. but i dont care. it will be worth it.

instinct
02-13-2007, 06:47 PM
hopefully it will be some type of magical experience where you make new friends along the way..

All my friends got their tickets except one.. It sucks for him right now.

garrett222
02-13-2007, 06:57 PM
My girlfriend was waiting till she got paid to buy her ticket...now apparantly i'm going alone...blows..but I still can't be un-excited...

ToddThaGod
02-13-2007, 07:06 PM
I debated for about 2 minutes in my head if I should sell the tickets on ebay shortly after I found that tix sold out. Then quickly snapped out of it and realized that that would be mildly retarded. do you think i should be on the safe side and get a hotel for 1 night?

boarderwoozel3
02-13-2007, 07:18 PM
I hear the campsite is way chilled out. You'll be able to find people to kick it with for the weekend.

MarkO
02-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Look around the forums, there are probably hundreds going alone; I'm 99.9% sure I'm going alone. Soak up the sun and enjoy the music. Have fun.

garrett222
02-13-2007, 07:51 PM
the daytime at the concert is the easy part...it's all the free time before in the campsite and after the show trying to fall asleep

garrett222
02-13-2007, 07:51 PM
not everyone is open enough to walk up to strangers

Natelevmofuggaz
02-13-2007, 08:02 PM
You'll make shitloads of friends if you're camping out. Just hang out with a ton of people you meet. You'll have fun no matter what man.

rno2worriesx
02-13-2007, 08:07 PM
I'll be there by myself as well..
this will be right after I move to cali

garrett222
02-13-2007, 08:07 PM
my luck is i'll meet some cool people, who like me until they all start smoking weed and I walk away and they make fun of me...

Carlo Von Sexron
02-13-2007, 08:52 PM
No worries.

3 of my friends were ' undecided ' and 50/50. On the whole idea. I was the only one who had the balls to buy the ticket and camping pass. I'm not gonna cry and get pathetic but I wasn't planning on going by myself to my first festival. I figure i'm 21 years old now...i'm not getting any younger, I've never been to California ( the state alot of kids from jersey dream about living when they are little ) and I just want to get away for a while. I'm going to make the best of it. And it will definitely be an experience that i'll never forget.

Are there alot of you now that are forced to go by yourself? Well..not forced. You know what I mean. I really didnt expect the 3 day passes to sell out this quick. I thought maybe in early April...but wow. Any suggestions for first timers like me? You gotta pop your cherry eventually...RIGHT?

With that positive of an attitude and the fact that you're so excited about going to Coachella and having a good time, you should have no worries finding people to hang out with.
Thanks for not crying about how your friends didn't sack up and get tickets. No use in you missing out because they aren't going.

trowa888
02-13-2007, 08:57 PM
WELL.... if you guys are alone and haven't already, check out the ONSITE-CAMPING-ALL-ALONE-CLUB in the camping section. You might even want to join! ;)

tiffdud41
02-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Last year was my first festival and first camping experience and I was all by myself. I had an awesome time and even relvelled in the "aloneness" a bit because I could do what I wanted, when I wanted and didn't have to stress out about anybody else or what they wanted to do/not do. I really didn't try to be social, but this year I'm doing it again and I'm going to be more friendly and less quiet. I can't wait!

AEversW
02-13-2007, 09:01 PM
im going alone this year too...no biggie.

tiffdud41
02-13-2007, 09:01 PM
WELL.... if you guys are alone and haven't already, check out the ONSITE-CAMPING-ALL-ALONE-CLUB in the camping section. You might even want to join! ;)

yeah, join! we're making tang martinis!

jerpar24
02-13-2007, 09:06 PM
No worries.

Its my first time too and I am already down with meeting new people. I think it will be fun for all of us loners.

dontfeedthebird
02-13-2007, 11:20 PM
yeah, join! we're making tang martinis!

*clears throat* What in the hell is that?