PDA

View Full Version : Radiohead Made Miley Cyrus Cry!!!

BlackSwan
03-05-2009, 10:32 AM
I couldn't resist starting a thread about this. Also, I want that US Weekly title CDUB and ThomThom are fighting over.

Radiohead Suffer the Wrath of Miley Cyrus

Two words I never thought I'd write on this website: It's Miley! Teen pop queen Miley Cyrus may resemble a Juicy Couture mom, but she's figured out the most direct route into our little P4k news bubble-- dissing Radiohead. (Hey, it worked for Robert Smith and Kanye.) Bitching to Portland morning zoo radio hosts Johnjay and Rich, the teen pop idol recently relayed an ADD-addled story about how Radiohead snubbed her at this year's Grammys (via Stereogum). Listen to the whole gum-smacking interview here.

The gist: Apparently, Radiohead are the only band in the world Miley "would cry over," and "they're the reason I love music," which is shocking enough. (Next thing you know her favorite album turns out to be Amnesiac and she's doing an acoustic cover of "Like Spinning Plates" in concert.) So when she tried to get her people to pull some strings for an awkward backstage meeting at the Grammys, Radiohead's crew told Miley's crew that the band "doesn't really do that." Amazing.

This did not sit well with Miley-- a girl, I imagine, who doesn't hear the word "no" too often. "The reason I'm in this business is to make people happy," she said, suggesting Radiohead are not in it to make people smile. No shit! Radiohead are about making people miserable-- beautifully, heart-explodingly miserable! Get it straight, Cyrus!

She said, "I left 'cause I was so upset. I wasn't going to watch. Stinkin' Radiohead! I'm gonna ruin them, I'm going to tell everyone." While it's possible she was kidding, it's kinda hard to tell.

This makes me like Radiohead even more. They go to the Grammys, win an award, kill it with their performance and snub two really obnoxious people.

humanoid
03-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Pitchfork is getting really stupid with the constant celebrity personality and gossip stories...I used to enjoy it because it had a lot of great information on pretty good music, but it has definitely slipped in my opinion

Cherita Chen
03-05-2009, 10:44 AM
I wonder what Wayne Coyne thinks

ThomThom
03-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Blacky, you are really giving CDUB a run for his money with this US Weekly horse shit.

BlackSwan
03-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Pitchfork is getting really stupid with the constant celebrity personality and gossip stories...I used to enjoy it because it had a lot of great information on pretty good music, but it has definitely slipped in my opinion

I agree.

Blacky, you are really giving CDUB a run for his money with this US Weekly horse shit.

Hey, it's Radiohead related. It deserves at least 3 threads.

mindcradle
03-05-2009, 11:06 AM
What's really getting stupid is every time there's a new pitchfork story, there's a new thread for it.

suprefan
03-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Miley is the new britney, except she is trying to play off being smart.

Wheres the beef?
03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
I agree.

Hey, it's Radiohead related. It deserves at least 3 threads.

At least 3 threads.

I think it goes:
Radiohead: 5 threads for positive news, 8 threads for negative
Arcade Fire: 2 threads for positive news, 5 threads for negative
Coachella Message Board format change: 15 threads
Can I bring beer into the campground: 6 threads (at an annualized rate)
NIN: 3 threads for new tour info, 1 thread for all others

RedThom
03-05-2009, 11:16 AM
is pitchfork becoming the hipster tmz?

mindcradle
03-05-2009, 11:19 AM

Wait, when wasn't it?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-05-2009, 12:00 PM
I love Radiohead....best band ever...

humanoid
03-05-2009, 12:59 PM
I love Radiohead....best band ever...

well, best after Miley's band

zenidogx
03-05-2009, 01:04 PM
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck radiohead.

and i'll wait two years(?) before ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffucking miley

seandlr
03-05-2009, 01:06 PM

best thing ive heard all day

AlecEiffel
03-05-2009, 01:24 PM

no, that's superficial and wwtdd. and tmz.

indietron
03-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Im on your side Blackswan, that was hilarious :thu

obzen
03-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Miley still wants Thoms cock-and that diss just made her jock him even more so

the mild neglect movida always works with females for reasons 'unknown':)

rhcpdude13
03-05-2009, 01:36 PM
YEH MILEY! FUCK RADIOHEAD. MILEY>Radiohead. Thom York can suck Supre's dick just like trenty trent

benhur
03-05-2009, 02:28 PM
this is soooo funny....i love how anti-industry radiohead is....they want NOOO connections, thats why they're great.

Astrid
03-05-2009, 02:56 PM
hahahahahahahahhahaha miley is going to ruin radiohead HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

p.s. how the fuck does she think she is entitled to cover a spinning plates? that makes me cry in my inside parts.

mattpach
03-05-2009, 02:57 PM
hahaha this is priceless.

stinkbutt
03-05-2009, 03:02 PM
p.s. how the fuck does she think she is entitled to cover a spinning plates? that makes me cry in my inside parts.

you read that wrong pitchfork was trying to add some humor in there

here is what it says

(Next thing you know her favorite album turns out to be Amnesiac and she's doing an acoustic cover of "Like Spinning Plates" in concert.)

rskapcat
03-05-2009, 03:03 PM
I think the saddest part about the whole thing is the fact that she was trying to use her "people" to make it happen. I'm sure Thom would have at least been cordial if she had just gone up to him (like a normal fan) and told him that she loves their music. She pulled the pretentious ass card by making the whole thing completely impersonal.

Alchemy
03-05-2009, 03:13 PM
If Miley Cyrus tried tracking down Radiohead on her own, I'd respect that. I think its cool that she likes Amnesiac so much. I mean, it's rare for a product on the Disney Line to even feel emotions! If Radiohead dissed her in the event that she tried tracking them down herself, then I'd be disappointed in Radiohead... but because she got her "people" to try and arrange a meet, I just want to bend her over and spank her and yell, "No!"

BlackSwan
03-05-2009, 03:15 PM
/\
Very true... Or there would have been a better story to come out of it.

PotVsKtl
03-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Two people in this thread so far have demonstrated that they fail at basic reading comprehension.

DRcube
03-05-2009, 06:29 PM

If Miley Cyrus tried tracking down Radiohead on her own, I'd respect that. I think its cool that she likes Amnesiac so much.

:nono

suprefan
03-05-2009, 06:36 PM
I think the saddest part about the whole thing is the fact that she was trying to use her "people" to make it happen. I'm sure Thom would have at least been cordial if she had just gone up to him (like a normal fan) and told him that she loves their music. She pulled the pretentious ass card by making the whole thing completely impersonal.

No, Kanye approached Thom and Thom dissed him straight up....

Alchemy
03-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Oh I see she doesn't actually like Amnesiac. Well to be fair, it's hard to have good reading comprehension when it reads:

Apparently, Radiohead are the only band in the world Miley "would cry over," and "they're the reason I love music," which is shocking enough. (Next thing you know her favorite album turns out to be Amnesiac and she's doing an acoustic cover of "Like Spinning Plates" in concert.)

and not:

Apparently, Radiohead are the only band in the world Miley "would cry over," and "they're the reason [she loves] music," which is shocking enough. (Next thing you know her favorite album will turn out to be Amnesiac and she'll do an acoustic cover of "Like Spinning Plates" in concert.)

team squirrel
03-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Even if Miley DID get to meet them.... what the fuck could she possibly talk to them about? That whole situation would just be awkward.

And Miley covering Like Spinning Plates would be complete bullshit. Creep is probably her favorite song, ha.

AND DIDN'T HER DAD WRITE ACHEY BRAKEY HEART? That's reason enough for me to wish both of them didn't exist.

NightGoat
03-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Goddammit man! you just HAD to go and get that song stuck in my head didn't you?

woogie846
03-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Awesome move, Radiohead.

Alchemy
03-05-2009, 06:51 PM
And Miley covering Like Spinning Plates would be complete bullshit. Creep is probably her favorite song, ha.

Well... John Mayer did cover Kid A. That's pretty weird.

It was actually an okay job.

obzen
03-05-2009, 06:53 PM
John Mayer did cover Kid A.It was actually an okay job.
never.

kitt kat
03-05-2009, 07:02 PM
I THINK I LIKE RADIOHEAD NOW

suprefan
03-05-2009, 07:07 PM

+ 10

betao
03-05-2009, 07:50 PM
No, Kanye approached Thom and Thom dissed him straight up....

really? whats the word behind this?

suprefan
03-05-2009, 07:54 PM
really? whats the word behind this?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5iaEa5dA-JfU_P97X-blyML4N59BA

http://stereogum.com/archives/thom-yorke-chris-brown-oj-comments-cut-from-kanye_055411.html

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/149435-kanye-west-bashes-thom-yorke-defends-chris-brown

bballarl
03-05-2009, 08:19 PM
That sounds more like Thom didn't feel like talking to Kanye than that Thom dissed him.

obzen
03-05-2009, 09:00 PM

:pulse

disgustipated
03-05-2009, 10:16 PM
WTF is pitchfork?

Cherita Chen
03-06-2009, 03:13 AM
WTF is pitchfork?

someone sig this! please!!

BlackSwan