PDA

View Full Version : When your friends bring mystery friends: The Thread

malcolmjamalawesome
03-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Have you ever gone to Coachella and one of the people in your crew brought some wackass friend but they were all like "No way dude this friend is totally sweet" and then when you get there they start freaking out and they're like "Fuck you dude I'm gonna leave early and get a flight home this sucks!" and you're all like "Who the fuck brought this guy?"

This thread is for that.

mattpach
03-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Haha I :pulse your threads.

But I have never had that happen to me.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-04-2009, 05:12 PM
It's one thing to just SAY that ... it's another thing to share your mystery friends story.

MantisMel
03-04-2009, 05:28 PM
I rented an RV 2007 w/ my roomates and one of them brought a high school buddy of his. He said he knew him for ages and such.... blah blah blah. His awesome dildo of friend made me never want to stay in an RV in such close quarters with anyone again. He decided it would be funny to climb into bed with me naked so when I woke up I would think we slept together. Never in my life would I even want to have fucked him let alone shake his masterbatorial hand. Needless to say the rest of the weekend he slept outside on the pavement. I had the last laugh when he woke up in the blistering Indio sun with such a bad sunburn he missed Sunday cuz he couldn't move. Naked that asshole!!

MissingPerson
03-04-2009, 05:30 PM
MJA, just the title made me laugh.

algunz
03-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Does it have to be just Coachella related stories? I got plenty of those "who brought that guy" stories.

HEADSTRUCK
03-04-2009, 05:40 PM
. He decided it would be funny to climb into bed with me naked so when I woke up I would think we slept together.

*crosses off the list of funny things I was gunna do to you over the weekend*

MissingPerson
03-04-2009, 05:41 PM
I have a story like that, sort of.

Somebody's stupid fucking mystery friend went completely insane at a weekend festival and literally ran off on us. Several hours later, we finally found her, just in time for her to vomit spectacularly all over everything and then pass dead out. This was about four o'clock on Saturday afternoon. Although I confess I was sore tempted to just heap some mud on her and leave her where she was, we heroically carried/ dragged her to the medical tent where she got her stomach pumped. We then ran as fast as our wellied legs could carry us.

I don't even know what her name was, so I can't even swear at her properly. She might not still be alive.

Dogvolta
03-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Couple years ago when I was watching the Sonic Youth show: A group of about 4 white guys had a very skinny and very tweaked out african american boy with them. At first they were all just kicking it enjoying the show, then the black kid started smoking rock and generously passed the piece to the other guys. I could tell everyone of them was apprehensive about it, but did it anyways. It was great watching as they white guys just kind of looked slightly scared the whole time while the kid they had with them was dancing all over each one of them and freaking out to the music.
I couldn't help but think at the time that the situation with them was just as this thread is about.

Cherita Chen
03-05-2009, 08:54 AM
I thought this was a thread about having your real friends meet your internet friends. How do you explain that?

MissingPerson
03-05-2009, 08:56 AM
I thought this was a thread about having your real friends meet your internet friends. How do you explain that?

I still haven't figured out the best way to do this, because at some point in the conversation, it's doomed to become apparent.

Cherita Chen
03-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Cuz it's like kinda embarrassing right?

MissingPerson
03-05-2009, 09:03 AM
To the person you're introducing, yeah. But to be honest, I'm beyond the point of embarrassment in that regard. I am a tragic, tragic nerd.

Come back to me when you have to introduce Internet Friend A, from Board A to Internet Friend B, from Board B, both of whom know you primarily by different lame usernames.

Cherita Chen
03-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Whoaaaaaaa

Cherita Chen
03-05-2009, 09:05 AM
That's kinda funny! I mean, I definitely giggled

Drewski27
03-05-2009, 09:21 AM
back in 2007 i went with this guy i worked with who only had a ticket for friday. i had a three day pass. we were camping in joshua tree and he was just gonna go off hiking and dirt bike riding and whatever. sat morning rolls around and he cant find his 300 dollar camera and freaks out about something work related. he decided he didnt want to be there anymore and was driving home. meanwhile im standing there going "okay wtf am i supposed to do?" luckily my friends had a hotel rrom down the way so i stayed with them.

jdaws
03-05-2009, 10:39 AM
i am guilty of once bringing a mystery friend to a music festival. i told her about 3 weeks prior that i was going to lollapalooza, and she was all about it. "cmon let US do it it will be so much fun for US i will drive US" .. i never really liked this girl from the moment i met her, but put up with her somehow, and have even confided some pretty personal stuff to her. i dont really know how that all works. so i felt bad about saying NO you cant come because she was over at my house all the time and i thought i would save money going by car vs. train to chicago. i was wrong about that, and just wrong about bringing her in general. i wasnt giving her any attention because my 2 best friends, who had moved down to key west a few months ago, were visiting chicago and i was basically just talking to them and kinda leaving her out of the conversation. i don't know how much this exclusion might have contributed to her little episode the next day, but basically, at the festival, during gogol, she ends up disappearing. we wonder where she is for awhile but dont really care. ends up that shes laying down on the dirt ground next to the fence in the corner of the venue, completely exposed to the sun. WTF. she says shes having a blurred vision attack and looks really out of it and i DO feel bad at this point. i ask her if she needs anything, food, water, doctors, whatever. i tell her she should probably get into the shade but she says shes fine. i know shes not really but what can i do? i end up being kinda disappointed with my friends from key west (another story), so i end up making my sole mission to get as close as i could, by myself, for radiohead who closed that stage that night. generally, she just didnt really fit in. and i didnt do much to facilitate that. we also think she mightve snagged some of our rolls.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-05-2009, 11:06 AM
To the person you're introducing, yeah. But to be honest, I'm beyond the point of embarrassment in that regard. I am a tragic, tragic nerd.

Come back to me when you have to introduce Internet Friend A, from Board A to Internet Friend B, from Board B, both of whom know you primarily by different lame usernames.

I have had to do this a number of times actually. I'm a member of several artist forums and at San Diego Comic-Con every year i'm totally in that position hahaha

Monklish
03-05-2009, 11:10 AM
In 06 my buddy flew out and brought his new boyfriend who made the car ride so intolerable that at one point I had to pull the car over near the windmills, get out, go around to his door at the back, drag him out of the fucking car and kicked him for about three minutes straight while explaining that I had absolutely no problem with leaving him there to die.

His boyfriend kicked him a little too.

jdaws
03-05-2009, 11:12 AM
what was he doing/saying?

Monklish
03-05-2009, 11:17 AM
I couldn't begin to describe the six hours of incessantly annoying things he was saying. But the reason it came to a head like that is that he just wouldn't respond to commands to stop talking. His boyfriend and I were both yelling at him to just shut the fuck up as we were trapped in a hot car in traffic for nine hours and he was constantly, constantly, constantly lisping the most irritating bullshit.

Eventually, I told him that if he didn't start shutting the fuck up I was gonna pull over and beat the shit out of him. It literally took five seconds before he said, "are you sure we're going the right way?"

MantisMel
03-05-2009, 11:49 AM
*crosses off the list of funny things I was gunna do to you over the weekend*

Even if you didnt cross it off your list of hilarious pranks. And lets say you went through with it anyway to have a funny story to share at the water cooler the following week, my punishment of making you sleep outside wouldn't suffice. I think it was you who fell asleep ON TOP of your tent last year. LOLzzz!

chairmenmeow47
03-05-2009, 11:57 AM
in 2005 i had what was advertised as a "suite" that was supposed to have three beds, a fold-out couch and a kitchen. instead, this "suite" (deluxe inn in indio) had three twin size beds and a loveseat that did not fold out. we had planned on a bunch of people staying in the room, so this sucked. this sucked even more because the people who owned the place watched it like a hawk and wouldn't let us have any extra people. we called the floor people to let them know the situation and asked if they still wanted the floor even though the room sucked, and they said yes.

luckily there was a couple that was also going to be staying with us, but not arriving until the next day so we told them to just use their money to find another room. the hotel had also charged us additional fees for a remote and some sort of deposit. all this meant i was out a bit of money since the whole thing was a few hundred dollars all together.

at the last minute, my BFF at the time had these three girlfriends that wanted to get rid of their hotel since they couldn't afford it and just wanted to crash on our floor. i said fine and that i'd only charge them $30 a piece and i also put their room up on the coachella boards and facilitated in getting rid of their reservation to help them out since they were broke. i had charged everyone else like $80 a piece since they were getting beds., but i only asked for $30 from them since they were sleeping on the floor.

well, they saw how crappy the suite actually was and decided they didn't want to stay, but then they came back and slept on the floor. the next night they did the same thing, they came by, realized how much it sucked and then went to find another room. sunday night they ask me for a refund. i had already lost money since i had to tell the one couple to leave, so i couldn't give them a refund. i literally had used the money from the hotel as my spending money for coachella, so it wasn't possible. i mean, i might have been able to do something when they arrived if they had said they were just going to get another room, because then the other couple could have stayed and i would have had the money to cover it, but as it was i was already out money.

they then started threatening to fight me via text and phone on our way back to the hotel. i told them they could come over and beat my ass all they wanted, but it wasn't going to make a difference. i not only didn't have the money, but i had gone WAY out of my way to help them and didn't feel this was justified. it was $30 freaking bucks a piece and they technically did sleep there, so wtf?!?!?

eventually they came over in the morning as we were all getting ready to leave and tried to act tough, but there was nothing i could do. they didn't fight me thankfully, but the whole thing was fucking retarded and made me feel stupid for trying to help them in the first place. i've learned to keep the hotel situation as small as possible and to not help out friends-of-friends like that.

HEADSTRUCK
03-05-2009, 01:43 PM
these stories are why I ride solo

HEADSTRUCK
03-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Even if you didnt cross it off your list of hilarious pranks. And lets say you went through with it anyway to have a funny story to share at the water cooler the following week, my punishment of making you sleep outside wouldn't suffice. I think it was you who fell asleep ON TOP of your tent last year. LOLzzz!

I never even set my tent up Mel. I sleep in chairs most nite, pretty much where I fell. One nite I guess I passed out in mikes tent, nothing like waking up in a random dudes tent.

Donaldj
03-05-2009, 02:02 PM
these stories are why I ride solo

planning on ditching us huh?

I see how it is...

This thread is hilarious btw.

HEADSTRUCK
03-05-2009, 02:05 PM
planning on ditching us huh?

I see how it is...

I am giving you guys rides but I am still there solo. I am not responsible for sheltering you or taking care of you guys. We may all ride in the same cars but we are all solo when it comes to the weekend.

Donaldj
03-05-2009, 02:06 PM
I am giving you guys rides but I am still there solo. I am not responsible for sheltering you or taking care of you guys. We may all ride in the same cars but we are all solo when it comes to the weekend.

Nice save...

algunz
03-05-2009, 02:35 PM
I went to a rave in the early 90's with some close friends and a few of their tangent friends. We downed a brilliant cocktail of who knows what, and one of the girls kind of lost her grip on reality and logic. She spent much of the evening trying to hump random men. She would go up behind them and just start having fun. Unfortunately, there were a few random girlfriends and boyfriends connected to these random men and by the end of the evening there were at least a half dozen people looking for her to kick her ass. They kept coming over to me because I was a regular and they had seen me with her. I would just throw up my hands and happily declare, "She's not my problem."

She wasn't a pretty girl which makes the story a bit more tragic in a sense. Nobody was enjoying her attention.

I later heard that she had suffered a nervous breakdown about a month later after having spent that month straight taking E and acid every day.

Dogvolta
03-05-2009, 04:17 PM
I went to a rave in the early 90's with some close friends and a few of their tangent friends. We downed a brilliant cocktail of who knows what, and one of the girls kind of lost her grip on reality and logic. She spent much of the evening trying to hump random men. She would go up behind them and just start having fun. Unfortunately, there were a few random girlfriends and boyfriends connected to these random men and by the end of the evening there were at least a half dozen people looking for her to kick her ass. They kept coming over to me because I was a regular and they had seen me with her. I would just throw up my hands and happily declare, "She's not my problem."

She wasn't a pretty girl which makes the story a bit more tragic in a sense. Nobody was enjoying her attention.

I later heard that she had suffered a nervous breakdown about a month later after having spent that month straight taking E and acid every day.

Awesome story.
No really, :thu

Cherita Chen
03-05-2009, 04:20 PM

Except me of course :)

HEADSTRUCK
03-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Except me of course :)

Yes I am sheltering you I guess.

Wheres the beef?
03-05-2009, 07:10 PM
I couldn't begin to describe the six hours of incessantly annoying things he was saying. But the reason it came to a head like that is that he just wouldn't respond to commands to stop talking. His boyfriend and I were both yelling at him to just shut the fuck up as we were trapped in a hot car in traffic for nine hours and he was constantly, constantly, constantly lisping the most irritating bullshit.

Eventually, I told him that if he didn't start shutting the fuck up I was gonna pull over and beat the shit out of him. It literally took five seconds before he said, "are you sure we're going the right way?"

:rotfl

influence
03-19-2009, 12:21 AM
In '07 my friend asked me to buy him 5 extra tickets for Friday the night before off of Craigslist because he had 4 other friends coming. Being a good friend, I said sure I just want to go and have a good time, the more the merrier! The next day, it turned out only my friend came and his other 4 guys bailed out on us last minute the day of the event so we drove alone to Coachella. I ended up having 4 extra tickets...

During Coachella we were getting food and coincidentally saw them inline in front of me with 4 girls. I was pissed, plus the girls were good looking so that made it worse. At first I told my friend "Hey, let's just order our food first and handle them later..." So we did, and it turned out one of the guys had ordered the last falafel sandwich to be made for a while and that was what I wanted... I got even more furious inside.

After ordering our foods they noticed us and after getting my food seeing them from a distance I had noticed that one of the girls that were with them turned out to be my ex that broke up with me 3 weeks before. So I went up to them and was like "Dude, WTF? I bought tickets for you guys and you bailed out on me and now you're here with her? Out of all people?" First of all, I didn't really know these guys, they were like secondhand acquaintances. One of the guys looked at me and responded in an evil laugh "Hahaha, you fool! You've got nothing on us! We have you're food and your woman! What are you going to do now?"

I then looked up at the sky, it looked red to me even though I knew it really wasn't. The heat had got to me so I dropped my food and took off my shirt. My socks had been soaking from walking in the heat all day so I took off my shoes. I piled up all my stuff and called him out to a duel, he acknowledged that it was going down. As he stepped away from his group, I took a deep breath and with all my force I was able to gather all the heat surrounding me and threw a massive fireball at his chest.

And that was that.

djandrews25
03-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Last year, my buddies brought one of their friends. This guy got so drunk in the beer garden we started daring him to do shit. The first idea was to do the party guy freak(a jackass skit) to many different females. After we watched him get punched by a few girls, we decided to leave the beer garden to get a decent spot for roger waters. On the way, he kept up the party boy routine(which was fucking hilarious), but dissappeared somewhere along the way. Apparently he ended up going to a hotel with some random whore that he was doing the "party boy" to, and freaked out in the morning when he saw her.

All Your Base
03-19-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm bringing a friend to PAW that I've hung out with a bit at parties and massives and what not. A couple of weeks ago I had 'the talk' with him.

My only Coachella rule, I told him, was there there will be things I want to see that you might not....things you want to see and I might not. No guilt, no tagging along. Every man for himself. Coachella is supposed to be an exercise in freedom and lack of responsibility. He took it exactly the way I wanted him to.

CalmerThanYou
03-19-2009, 06:53 PM
I still haven't figured out the best way to do this, because at some point in the conversation, it's doomed to become apparent.

i just tell them, "hey, these are some people from the coachella message boards."

This has happened 4-5 times, and it's never been awkward.

BakForMore
03-19-2009, 07:31 PM
First Coachella I went to in 2001, my sister brought a mutual friend and turns out he was the biggest BITCH I've ever met! He complained about the heat, line up, drive, hotel(whcih we shared to save money), and everything you could think of. My girlfriend (at the time) and I split from the group once inside the ground. It almost killed the trip, but we did our own thing and didn't let up get to us. This will be my 5th Coachella, and haven't hadn't a bad experience since then.

pocket
03-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Last year, my buddies brought one of their friends. This guy got so drunk in the beer garden we started daring him to do shit. The first idea was to do the party guy freak(a jackass skit) to many different females. After we watched him get punched by a few girls, we decided to leave the beer garden to get a decent spot for roger waters. On the way, he kept up the party boy routine(which was fucking hilarious), but dissappeared somewhere along the way. Apparently he ended up going to a hotel with some random whore that he was doing the "party boy" to, and freaked out in the morning when he saw her.

based on this i am guessing you are a bro....

djandrews25
03-20-2009, 07:58 PM

based on this im guessing you have no story...

justinaqui
03-21-2009, 08:02 AM
No one responded to that fireball story? I loved it. I have no story though.

greghead
03-21-2009, 10:04 AM
One of the guys looked at me and responded in an evil laugh "Hahaha, you fool! You've got nothing on us! We have you're food and your woman! What are you going to do now?"

I then looked up at the sky, it looked red to me even though I knew it really wasn't. The heat had got to me so I dropped my food and took off my shirt. My socks had been soaking from walking in the heat all day so I took off my shoes. I piled up all my stuff and called him out to a duel, he acknowledged that it was going down. As he stepped away from his group, I took a deep breath and with all my force I was able to gather all the heat surrounding me and threw a massive fireball at his chest.

Fucking.Win.

emtgreg
03-21-2009, 10:21 AM
The fireball story was win.

All Your Base
03-21-2009, 10:31 AM
The fireball story was win.

First thing I thought of:

http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/114468-1.jpg

drewdrewdrew
03-21-2009, 02:58 PM
So about a week ago my friend calls me up and asks me, "do you think tha tmy girlfriend could come?" I honestly hate this girl and she has done all she can to destroy my friendship with him, so I easily tell him no. This is our one weekend out of the year to just have fun and fuck around, not have to worry about shit like girlfriends and their incessant arguements.

What does he do? He gives her my cell number and she calls me drunk and crying at 3 am on a saturday begging me to give her my blessing to come.

What do I do? I told her no.

Moral of the story? Shes probably coming anyway. Yay for drugs.

NightGoat
03-21-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm going to be the mystery friend this year.

Drewski27
03-22-2009, 10:47 PM
well be a good mystery friend then. and make sure you take the blue pill.

jdaws
03-22-2009, 11:24 PM

And that was that.

was the guys name duken?

lurker_with_a_bush
03-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Have you ever gone to Coachella and one of the people in your crew brought some wackass friend but they were all like "No way dude this friend is totally sweet" and then when you get there they start freaking out and they're like "Fuck you dude I'm gonna leave early and get a flight home this sucks!" and you're all like "Who the fuck brought this guy?"

This thread is for that.

Guilty.

locachica73
03-23-2009, 11:33 AM
My sister and I have been planning on going back to coachella since we left the polo fields last year. We planned on camping and also having a back up hotel just for showers and mid morning sun escape. We had so much fun together last year when we did the same thing and I was really looking forward to it.

This year she has decided to bring her new boyfriend and her friend Susan. They both live in Oregon and hate the heat. She doesn't drink or do drugs, he does drink but has stomach problems so whenever he drinks he gets sick. And my sister who does smoke weed on occasion will probably not smoke now because of the other people she is bringing.

I have since decided to skip the hotel and just hang out with all the PAW'ers instead. I refuse to let anyone ruin what I have looked forward to now for a year. I think I might actually be more excited now then I was with my previous plans. :)

Dogvolta
03-23-2009, 12:05 PM

He is from Huntington.....whatever though, Coachella can be for bros too.
And epic win to the fireball story. That was pure goodness.

amyzzz
03-23-2009, 12:25 PM
My sister and I have been planning on going back to coachella since we left the polo fields last year. We planned on camping and also having a back up hotel just for showers and mid morning sun escape. We had so much fun together last year when we did the same thing and I was really looking forward to it.

This year she has decided to bring her new boyfriend and her friend Susan. They both live in Oregon and hate the heat. She doesn't drink or do drugs, he does drink but has stomach problems so whenever he drinks he gets sick. And my sister who does smoke weed on occasion will probably not smoke now because of the other people she is bringing.

I have since decided to skip the hotel and just hang out with all the PAW'ers instead. I refuse to let anyone ruin what I have looked forward to now for a year. I think I might actually be more excited now then I was with my previous plans. :)
I hear ya, loca! Jacob decided to bring his sister and her husband this year, and he expects me not to do anything untoward...but I'm going to anyway.
I haven't broached the subject of getting a camping pass to hang out with people yet--not sure what he'd say.

paganman7
03-23-2009, 02:58 PM
at the last minute, my BFF at the time had these three girlfriends that wanted to get rid of their hotel since they couldn't afford it and just wanted to crash on our floor. i said fine and that i'd only charge them $30 a piece and i also put their room up on the coachella boards and facilitated in getting rid of their reservation to help them out since they were broke. i had charged everyone else like $80 a piece since they were getting beds., but i only asked for $30 from them since they were sleeping on the floor.

I stopped reading right there. I thought BFFs were, you know, 'forever'?

Sorry homie, I get hung up on mundane nonsense at times.

locachica73
03-23-2009, 03:09 PM
I hear ya, loca! Jacob decided to bring his sister and her husband this year, and he expects me not to do anything untoward...but I'm going to anyway.
I haven't broached the subject of getting a camping pass to hang out with people yet--not sure what he'd say.

I have lived most of my life always trying to make others happy, I have decided that it is my turn. So if others fuck with my happy I just change my plan. Probably not as easy when married but I am really hoping you find a night to sneak away and come play with us. :)

ZackQ
03-25-2009, 12:57 PM

This thread is for that.

Um, no....but that's my number one fear.

NotQuiteNixon
03-26-2009, 05:52 PM
im mildly concerned that this year is going to be the year where "that other guy" comes along and fuck things up....its gunna be a chick though...its hard to tell your hot friend that shes not allowed to bring other chicks but ive meet this girl a few times and can tell its gunna suck. hope she gets aids and cant come or something ^_^

All Your Base
03-26-2009, 05:57 PM
If you're worried about it, TELL THEM NOW. Straighten it all out, even if it means hurt feelings. You have three weeks for them to get over it. DON'T WAIT UNTIL COACHELLA! It will fuck things up.

frozen pilgrim
03-26-2009, 07:18 PM
give everyone you plan on bringing a scare talk. basically, try and talk them out of it. there's nothing worse than trying to accommodate a friend who can't handle the heat, both literally and metaphorically

dantoro
04-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Nice save...

I really wish all the best for everyone this year, it's a drag to have someone around who isn't having as much of a good experience you are.

I won't let anyone drag me down at Coachella...!! DITCH the lame and find other people to share the love with...

>>>>> Influence that FireBall ending was superb

brematale111
05-16-2011, 03:49 PM
bump

frizzlefry
05-16-2011, 11:53 PM
I brought that friend unfortunately this year. Had an amazing camping group, most of us were always happy to see each other roaming in the fest and meeting up here and there with a good number of the group was always a great time, and the pre and post fest parties were always a nice touch. I brought a co-worker though that I made a decent effort looking for a ticket and she eventually found which I thought was cool, but it turned out to be the start of a nuisance. First off, she avoided the rest of our camping party like the plauge, I brought another co-worker and his gf and they got along swimmingly with everyone but this girl could just not socialize. She was also completely inept for some reason, basically asked me for everything, making her drinks, food, asking for anything that might be in one of my friend's sites, it was incessant. By the second day I flat out told her that she can make her own damn drink, I have dreams too!
She also would not stop trying to bring me to her aunt's house a couple miles away for a shower and rest up in the middle of the day. I appreciated the first five offers but she for some reason could not understand that I was afraid that I'd miss music that I have been looking forward to for months as opposed to some shower, and lo and behold, the day she went she wasn't back at the campgrounds until four. It was at this point I just turned my phone off, I couldn't stand the constant calls and "Where are yous?" being texted to me while in the middle of a great show.
The worst part though was that even she only drank the entire weekend, and was considerably less intoxicated than the rest of us who had more diverse taste in intoxicants, she was still the most belligerent every single night! Passed out cold in a neighbor's chair every single night, completely helpless, and she even broke my gf's tent's zipper getting into it one night! /rant
On the other hand someone in my group brought a true mystery friend, (seriously the guy just turned up to our site on the first night and his one connection to us was passed out) this guy was a perfect fit though and got along with everyone.

DFrank
05-17-2011, 05:33 AM
This year was the first time this happened to me and it didnt take more than a "hello" from the girl (gf's coworker) to make me hate her.

She would constantly say "ohh you guys must be tripping balllzz" every so often on Friday night which just buzkilled the feel.

The worst was when she offered to drive back to the hotel and after hitting several lane dividers and almost swerving into a car said, "sorry lol, just got my license 2 weeks ago."

Wonderbot
05-17-2011, 01:15 PM
2010 my friend brought not one, but two mystery friends.

Now this guy has impossibly high standards for girls... so I assume that he's bringing a pair of hotties. So I'm like ok man, cool. So he shows up with the one friend who is neither good looking nor a good fit with the group.

Then the second girl was a last minute addition, I wasn't consulted or warned about her. So when she comes out of the car the story is she decided she wanted to come to Coachella out of the blue, with no ticket, no place to stay, no plan, no nothing. Even though the girl was cute she seemed like a bit of a flake and I just didn't want her around.

So she's going to wander around and try and score a ticket or a wristband from someone and wants to leave her things locked in my friends car. Then she's like ok well let me have the car keys so I can get at my stuff. wtf? no. I told my friend you're not giving her your car keys (the car was borrowed from a friend too btw) if she wants access to her things she can carry them with her or shove them underneath the car and hope no one steals anything.

So fast forward some and we're at my camp and she finds us (had been texting my friend). She shows up with two more mystery friends in tow a guy and a girl. So she managed to get a wristband off someone who was only there for friday... and now back to finding a place to stay. So my friend is like "hey... so they still need a place to stay" and I'm like "Your friends, your problem. We're full up here"

So then they're just wanting to use my tent to change... so I allow that. But I'm in the tent and I'm not leaving them alone with our stuff. So I just sit there and they look at me like "Excuse me?" so I look back like "You're excused, but I'm not leaving" and so they stripped down naked in front of me and changed.

In the end the girl still left her shit with us, and we expressed how we're booking it first thing monday morning and if she's not there to get her things we're just going to leave them there and split. By the time we were done packing they didn't show so we packed their stuff up and left it in a pile next to our garbage bag and left.

I guess I come off as kind of an asshole after that... but I was not about to let randoms fuck with my fun or my groups fun.

Strange
05-17-2011, 01:24 PM
It's funny, this year I thought I was bringing one of these friends. For years now my friends and I have been talking about Coachella, and every year she says "I'm going next year!" and every year the bull shit falls through. This year though she actually bought tickets and I cringed on the inside. I knew random BS/Drama was on the way, but I figured with a grp of 14 ppl I could easily ditch out and avoid her if needed. She even started her own "look at me" thread some of you may remember "Coachella Cuddle Buddy".... It was looking bad. But then this amazing thing happened, the first day (Thursday for us) everyone gave her so much shit that she actually chilled out and became a person! The rest of the weekend it was completely chill and awesome, no drama, no fights, nada.

P.S. I loved the Fireball and Party Boy stories (although I feel sorry for the guy who chose some skank over Rodger Waters, that show was too amazing to miss for pussy)

Courtney
05-17-2011, 02:13 PM
This one time I went to a smallish music festival with some long-time friends and they kept on talking about this crazy, douchey guy who they seemed to be always standing near during sets who was super drunk and would talk loudly during sets and sing along poorly and just generally go nuts. They mentioned this dude and how annoying he was at least a couple times per day for the duration of the festival.

On the evening of the last day, I introduced them to another friend of mine, who I had promised that he could share a ride home with us. Turns out he was the douchey guy.

The epilogue of course is that during the ride home they learned to all love each other. So everything worked out in the end. But man that initial awkwardness of realization.

Gribbz
05-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Where's Humanoid?

GuyInTucson
05-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Each year I have gone, someone new has gone with me except for last year. The friend I brought last year is who went in 2003 with me as well. Each time, the person / people I bring become hooked on Coachella and none of them are annoying.

Although I do wonder if one of the girls being talked about above is the girl we ran into that was doodling in her notebook during BSS and Bright Eyes. She was talking about how she drove up with a co-worker from San Diego that ditched her and she wasn't sure where her friend was or how she was getting back to SD.

She was telling us about these random festivals she had been to and a bunch of other stuff. She eventually followed us around briefly but when we made it clear that we weren't taking her home or hooking her up with drugs, she bolted.

Mr. Porter
05-17-2011, 04:01 PM
No matter what kind of friend, longtime or mutual, if he or she is not having as much fun as you are at Coachella, well...ya'll are not meant to be friends in the first place

full on idle
05-17-2011, 04:01 PM
In 2006 we gave my friend's roommate a ride and had to drive past Palm Springs so that we could pick up a girl he met on myspace and then every day on the way from the hotel into the festival they would drink straight liquor out of Big Gulp cups and scream at eachother, intermittent with "WOLFMOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I may have told this story before.

GuyInTucson
05-17-2011, 04:11 PM
No matter what kind of friend, longtime or mutual, if he or she is not having as much fun as you are at Coachella, well...ya'll are not meant to be friends in the first place

I fully agree.

Strange
05-17-2011, 05:51 PM

Amen!

Iamwelting
05-17-2011, 05:54 PM
So I posted this in the "people on substances" thread, but I feel that it belongs in this one as well:

This guy who I was camping with, friend of a friend who kind of invited himself along, decided that it was a good idea to eat two hits of L at 11:30 saturday night after he had gotten separated from anyone he knew. I guess he was having a great time at arcade fire until the giant balloon things came down. We found him back at the campsite, absolutely freaking out in his tent and babbling about how the giant orbs were mind control devices. I thought it was pretty funny, but only because I've been there before and know that it all ends eventually. We just made sure he was okay physically, and then went and danced at the Roller Rink for a while. Basically he just stayed up all night sitting in the car watching people walk by and being terrified of them. I'm sure they were way more scared of the creepy bearded guy in his mid thirties staring at them from a mini van at 4 in the morning.

He was also extremely slow doing everything (he was smoking bowl after bowl after bowl all three days), and was constantly questioning me about electronic music ("is this dubstep??" times about 12000). The kicker was, on the way back to LA he wanted to stop at some nice-ish sit down restaurant and started acting like a baby when we said no.

pa7156
06-03-2011, 10:53 PM
i met people at coachella in 2010 who are better friends than my friends, lol, except my roomate who got his coachella cherry popped with me that year... but in the end i feel like if you dont absolutely love coachella to death, i mean, its not fuck you, but yeah it is, oh yeah and i added another 3 people to that list of coachella family who really are of greater importance in my life than most other people... fucked up as it my seem, its just the truth

rodStewart
06-16-2011, 04:17 AM
i met people at coachella in 2010 who are better friends than my friends, lol, except my roomate who got his coachella cherry popped with me that year... but in the end i feel like if you dont absolutely love coachella to death, i mean, its not fuck you, but yeah it is, oh yeah and i added another 3 people to that list of coachella family who really are of greater importance in my life than most other people... fucked up as it my seem, its just the truth

O RLY?

PepeO
06-16-2011, 10:53 AM
So about a week ago my friend calls me up and asks me, "do you think tha tmy girlfriend could come?" I honestly hate this girl and she has done all she can to destroy my friendship with him, so I easily tell him no. This is our one weekend out of the year to just have fun and fuck around, not have to worry about shit like girlfriends and their incessant arguements.

What does he do? He gives her my cell number and she calls me drunk and crying at 3 am on a saturday begging me to give her my blessing to come.

What do I do? I told her no.

Moral of the story? Shes probably coming anyway. Yay for drugs.

Yes! I have absolutely no problem banning people from the Coachella Camping Clan! Yay for drugs! jajaa

TomServo
06-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Alright, one of my oldest friends and I had a minor freakout when the NIN/JA tour came around - after all, we were getting Nine Inch Nails, Jane's Addiction (who neither of us seen prior, despite being long-time fans), and some Tom Morello/Boots Riley to start things off. What's more - they were doing a VIP thing, so we could pony up big bucks and be front row. Only problem - the VIP tickets were a pair and his wife wanted to come, despite hating Jane's Addiction.

Of course, it's his wife, so she came along without any of us going VIP. Immediately she was plastered on wine (!) during Street Sweeper Social Club. All the imbibing made her a restroom frequenter, but we held her spot without trouble (six back at the center in the pit). SSSC was cool, NIN was badass, but the problem came when JA was coming on. I had to go to the restroom (my buddy had already gone), so I asked them to hold my spot.. no problem. Except - after I left, she told my buddy to go get her three wines, because she'd been siphoning off her new "friends" around us.

Anyhow - I come out of the restroom and spot my buddy in line to get concessions, but way back in line. I ask him what's up - he tells me he has to buy wines for some schmucks in the pit, but his wife is holding our spot. I look to the right, his wife is walking around the food area, and we both scream at the top of our lungs as she walks past and back into the seating area. Directly, the music starts - "Three Days" - one of the most epic JA songs. We're both like "flock this" but he's like third in line to buy the wines, so I run back into the pit to find her after missing about half the song.

Problem 1 - She's no longer in her spot, our "six back at the center" spot we've stood at all afternoon/evening, since she decided to wander around in a drunken haze.

Problem 2 - She's nowhere to be found at all. The pit is a writhing mass of fanhood, but she seems to have disappeared. I run around the pit, the restroom area, back to the pit... no buddy's wife. I find my friend - he's looking for her too, wines in hand ("Three days" ended long ago)... but she's nowhere. Finally, after a few songs have passed, we find her at the far left back of the pit.

Problem 3 - She has no idea where the wine people are, so my buddy just blew $35 on wine he didn't want or need, and there's no way to get back to our prized spot in the center.

Problem 4 - Instead of enjoying the rock and roll show like a proper drunk, she's bitching loudly about how much she hates Jane's Addiction, how she knew she shouldn't have come, how gay Perry Farrell acts, how ridiculous his costume is.

End result, I left them and fought my way back up to Dave Navarro's side of the pit, and I've never encouraged her to attend a concert since then. It's like "No L.A. Rising? Alright." "Coachella's too dusty? No problem." Heck, we saw Roger Waters do "The Wall" and gave her thicket to our receptionist instead, so we could avoid the annoying complaints.*

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3809/daveg.jpg
Dave never wears a shirt.

*Yes, she hates Roger Waters too, despite saying she didn't like Jane's "nonsense" songs... she likes "political" music like Bad Religion. But not Pink Floyd.

hydr1
06-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Sounds like fun...standing in the same spot all day.

She prob wanted to find new friends and find a real man, seeing how you were stealing hers.

TomServo
06-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Not everyone goes to a concert to get stoned and walk around barefoot, some of us actually want to see bands we like play songs we like. Ever been to a non-festival show?

As for a real man - go back to crying over singer/songwriters before you pull that card out.

guedita
06-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Flock you, TomServo.

TomServo
06-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Flock you, TomServo.

Man, what a bitch you are. What is your obsession with posting some asshole retort in every thread I post in? This thread is about sharing these stories, so I shared one.

God forbid anyone have an opinion that doesn't fit into your raver/EDC world.

guedita
06-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Why the flock does everyone think I'm a raver.

hydr1
06-17-2011, 07:44 AM
Cool story Tom.

Everyone DOES want to get stoned and walk barefoot...your just in it for the music...that's all you care about these days.

I like how some try to hate and say I don't go to enough festies and some clowns think I don't go to enough non festies.

To answer your question, no. I have never done anything other than attend a festival...im where you want to be when your not on the internet