PDA

View Full Version : MARCH 3RD LAYAWAY CHARGE

tony666
03-03-2009, 11:32 AM
I did the the layaway thing with 3 day passes, paid the 10 percent when i signed up for it, the schedule said it would charge my card again on march 3rd, which is now today and i have no charge.

has anyone been charged yet? or does anyone know if there's a way to check up on the status of your payment plan?

thanks.

Cdubby
03-03-2009, 11:34 AM
wait till close of the business day...5 pm

jmsettles
03-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Me too! I was expecting to wake up and have the money taken out of my account this morning. I called the customer service number and left a message and I'm definitely not expecting them to get back to me because they never did about a previous issue that is still unresolved. Keep me updated on your situation.

I'm an alias...
03-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Do you guys really not know how banks work?

Aphxtwinin
03-03-2009, 01:27 PM
yep still no charge for me either...5:27pm EST

Aphxtwinin
03-03-2009, 01:57 PM
The Roo just charged me my $50...5:57pm EST

heyeric
03-03-2009, 02:12 PM
It'll show by tonight or tomorrow.

lickety_spit
03-03-2009, 02:41 PM
not only has the charge not gone through (it showed up on my online account IMMEDIATELY the day i started paying for them), but there is no "open invoice" for my festival tickets, only my camping ticket.

they had better come correct.

CyddV
03-03-2009, 02:53 PM
not only has the charge not gone through (it showed up on my online account IMMEDIATELY the day i started paying for them), but there is no "open invoice" for my festival tickets, only my camping ticket.

they had better come correct.

I have the same problem; tried emailing Goldenvoice/Coachella customer service, but received no response.

Wheres the beef?
03-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Because everyone there is shaking their heads and facepalming. If you all would just chill the fuck out they will take your money. I promise.

lickety_spit
03-03-2009, 03:08 PM
I have the same problem; tried emailing Goldenvoice/Coachella customer service, but received no response.

yeah, i got a "oh lily's handling that today," then a transfer, then an answering machine.

i was just thinking they may have taken the festival tickets off of the invoice today to avoid having people pay twice or something retarded like that,
but then i realized they would have done that for the camping ticket, too.
I'm A Fucking Idiot Park.

CyddV
03-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Because everyone there is shaking their heads and facepalming. If you all would just chill the fuck out they will take your money. I promise.

The actual festival tickets never showed up under the invoice section. After I sent the email 2 weeks ago, I've waited to see if the charge would post on my account by tomorrow. I'm just trying to let others know it's not an isolated incident.

chairmenmeow47
03-03-2009, 03:28 PM
i have had SEVERAL phone conversations regarding layway charges over the past few weeks, as referenced in my ticketmaster problems (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26154) thread. i was told recently that if you did the 10% plan with charges in march & april that only one of your tickets, most likely the camping pass, will show on your account.

this is because the 10% you are paying is coming from only one of your tickets, so only one of your tickets will show on your account. i had previously been told that all my tickets would be accessible, but a manager confirmed that only the one ticket will show because you have only made payments towards that one ticket.

hope that helps, it's not just you, it should be the same for everyone. i do not show any charges today and will be following up with them tomorrow. i appreciate that they are trying to help us out with this system, but i'm sorry to see that it's been such a hassle.

jmsettles
03-03-2009, 03:48 PM

Actually, yes I do. My boyfriend works at a bank. This has nothing to do with the bank. If this issue doesn't relate to you, you have no business coming in here and insulting others.

jmsettles
03-03-2009, 03:50 PM

Yes, because that's exactly the advice we were looking for. This doesn't relate to you so you don't have to poke your nose where it doesn't belong. We are all looking forward to Coachella and don't need your negativity.

lickety_spit
03-03-2009, 03:57 PM
i have had SEVERAL phone conversations regarding layway charges over the past few weeks, as referenced in my ticketmaster problems (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26154) thread. i was told recently that if you did the 10% plan with charges in march & april that only one of your tickets, most likely the camping pass, will show on your account.

this is because the 10% you are paying is coming from only one of your tickets, so only one of your tickets will show on your account. i had previously been told that all my tickets would be accessible, but a manager confirmed that only the one ticket will show because you have only made payments towards that one ticket.

hope that helps, it's not just you, it should be the same for everyone. i do not show any charges today and will be following up with them tomorrow. i appreciate that they are trying to help us out with this system, but i'm sorry to see that it's been such a hassle.

i bought my festival & camping passes separately (on different days but with the same card) & paid 10% for each of them, so that person lied to you. besides, if that were the case, it would be the festival ticket that we have left to pay on because the initial 60 some odd dollars would have just about taken care of the camping ticket.

whatever is going on, it'll work itself out.

CyddV
03-03-2009, 04:22 PM

That doesn't seem right, because I paid $16.50 ($5.50 + $11 fees) for camping, and $65.55 ($26.90 + $38.65 fees) for 3 day passes. If what the manager said was true, these two charges would have paid for my camping passes outright.

Hopefully both charges process correctly and we get our tickets in early April. :)

JustSteve
03-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Yes, because that's exactly the advice we were looking for. This doesn't relate to you so you don't have to poke your nose where it doesn't belong. We are all looking forward to Coachella and don't need your negativity.

way to be an asshat and take shit so serioussly!

tony666
03-03-2009, 04:47 PM

Well, with most banks, things like this occur at midnight right when the day begins. I don't wait til 6 PM or 12 the next day to get my Direct Deposit now do i? or for my reoccurring to go through. I was merely concerned about my tickets. Get a life.

Aphxtwinin
03-03-2009, 05:12 PM
i got charged...121.05

Wheres the beef?
03-03-2009, 05:20 PM

Its only negative because you are having a problem. Others might see it as positive. Just saying.

HEADSTRUCK
03-03-2009, 05:48 PM

exactly!

they are gunna take the money for the ticket......

Stop worrying about it and just subtract the money from your balance

lickety_spit
03-03-2009, 06:02 PM
it happened.
i'm $145.80 less of a baller.
weird... i thought i'd be relieved when this matter was resolved.

instead, i just feel dickslapped.

HEADSTRUCK
03-03-2009, 06:17 PM
mine was taken as well

daftmonkey64
03-03-2009, 06:48 PM
glad i dropped 140 on the first payment. only took out 94 on this one

HEADSTRUCK
03-03-2009, 06:56 PM
I have the money in there but since its no interest I would rather not spend in it one chunk just in case

daftmonkey64
03-03-2009, 06:59 PM
yeah. me gusta layaway

BROKENDOLL
03-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Actually, yes I do. My boyfriend works at a bank. This has nothing to do with the bank. If this issue doesn't relate to you, you have no business coming in here and insulting others.

Yes, because that's exactly the advice we were looking for. This doesn't relate to you so you don't have to poke your nose where it doesn't belong. We are all looking forward to Coachella and don't need your negativity. A word of advice...(And it does relate to me/been there, done that.) Don't be so sensitive and snubnosed around here or you'll only end up finding negativity at every turn. Sarcasm may run through out veins and insults seem to rule our fodder, but Coachella fills our souls, so chill out, my friend!

way to be an asshat and take shit so serioussly! Insults and Sarcasm: We Go There...

sydaud
03-06-2009, 12:40 PM
I don't know what to do?

I just lost my job and that was the reason that I can't go. I was fine with GV keeping my 10%. From what I understand, they would just release my tickets back into the pile and they could resell them?

The whole thing is utterly depressing.

JustSteve
03-06-2009, 12:43 PM
did you call your bank or credit card company, maybe they can help?

otherwise send a nice pm to psychic friend, maybe she can help.

sydaud
03-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Now that I have had a moment to calm down, I realize that this is all my fault and I apologize for the rant above. I do not understand the ways of the banks and I think that GV does a great job and offered a great service with the layaway.

This one is on me. I have had a lot going on with the loss of job and I should have pulled my head out of my ass and just followed thru more thouroughly.

The way this week is going, I will probably get a DUI this weekend.

BROKENDOLL
03-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Now that I have had a moment to calm down, I realize that this is all my fault and I apologize for the rant above. I do not understand the ways of the banks and I think that GV does a great job and offered a great service with the layaway.

This one is on me. I have had a lot going on with the loss of job and I should have pulled my head out of my ass and just followed thru more thouroughly.

The way this week is going, I will probably get a DUI this weekend.:nono!!! That could cost you more than 1 Coachella in the future when shit could otherwise be getting better! Calm down, send PF a message, and hopefully things will start to look up. Oh, and contacting the bank is a wise idea as well. Atleast before another installment gets taken out, right?

sydaud
03-06-2009, 01:12 PM
I just feel real stupid for getting upset. Lashing out when something is my own damn fault is childish. I am embarrassed.

psychic friend
03-06-2009, 01:21 PM
I just skimmed through and had to laugh at the part yelling that you got a NSF because the money you said gv could take was taken, but late. As if you were forced to spend that money because it was not taken out at the exact moment you thought it would be. Do you know how to balance a check book? When you commit to a purchase, you pretend that money is gone. You don't spend it. If you do spend it once you have already committed to spending it, that is spending it twice and you get NSF. lol. They really should teach this stuff in high school.

That being said.. glad you had some time to calm down. Sorry about your job loss, that can make anyone go batty.

:(

sydaud
03-06-2009, 01:28 PM
I just skimmed through and had to laugh at the part yelling that you got a NSF because the money you said gv could take was taken, but late. As if you were forced to spend that money because it was not taken out at the exact moment you thought it would be. Do you know how to balance a check book? When you commit to a purchase, you pretend that money is gone. You don't spend it. If you do spend it once you have already committed to spending it, that is spending it twice and you get NSF. lol. They really should teach this stuff in high school.

That being said.. glad you had some time to calm down. Sorry about your job loss, that can make anyone go batty.

:(

Like I said, I am pretty embarrassed.

Once I lost my job, I then knew that I could not come out to the festival.
I was trying to find away to have the purchase cancelled before the 2nd installment was taken out. On that account, I just failed. I did not follow up thouroughly enough to make sure that I could cancel, and just give up the 10% that I had put down.

I deleted my original post. Childish and ridiculous, it was....

psychic friend
03-06-2009, 01:32 PM
would a delta spirit cd make you feel any better? if so, PM me your snail mail.

scoop49er
03-06-2009, 02:22 PM
hang in there! i got laid off tuesday and am scrambling to make sure i have everything covered as well! :)

still going to coachella cuz everything was paid for. just gonna have to cut down on costs but still gonna enjoy the 3 days! :)

Cdubby
03-06-2009, 02:48 PM
you still gonna be enjoying all this as well?

JANES ADDICTION/NIN 5/22
BFD 6/5
BONNAROO 6/11.12.13.14
MAYHEM FESTIVAL 7/10
NO DOUBT 7/24
CRUEFEST 7/30
LOLLAPALOOZA 8/7.8.9
DEPECHE MODE 8/12
WARPED TOUR 8/21
OUTSIDE LANDS 8/28.29.30
DEF LEPPARD 9/3
AUSTIN CITY LIMITS 10/2.3.4

heyeric
03-08-2009, 12:45 PM
COACHELLA 4/17.18.19
JANES ADDICTION/NIN 5/22
BFD 6/5
BONNAROO 6/11.12.13.14
MAYHEM FESTIVAL 7/10
NO DOUBT 7/24
CRUEFEST 7/30
LOLLAPALOOZA 8/7.8.9
DEPECHE MODE 8/12
WARPED TOUR 8/21
OUTSIDE LANDS 8/28.29.30
DEF LEPPARD 9/3
AUSTIN CITY LIMITS 10/2.3.4

"what I wish I could go to now..."

haha, kidding!

scoop49er
03-08-2009, 02:00 PM
haha! fucker!

yeah i should change this asap! :) lol

righteousdnk
03-10-2009, 11:40 AM
So March 3rd came and past and thought my payment was made but then received a call from GV saying my card had been declined. Took a look at my account and saw the money was there and contacted the bank, turned out they froze my account over a "questionable" deposit. Didn't know my Boys and Girls Club paycheck was "questionable". Anyways I've been trying for the past few days to get a hold of them and clear this up so my deposit isn't lost along with my tickets. Called the number the girl gave me, called customer service, and emailed. I've left a few messages and still haven't gotten any responses and my account hasn't been charged anything. Should I be worried and is there anything else you guys could suggest me?

Grant
03-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Just paid the rest of my balance... My attendance is now official. Woop de woop!

sydaud
03-15-2009, 06:09 AM
would a delta spirit cd make you feel any better? if so, PM me your snail mail.

For the record, the Delta Spirit CD made me feel much better. It's one of the best CD's I have listened to in the past year. It's been in my car cd player all week. PF, I thank you very, very much :)

sacleonard
03-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Reading through this thread, PF is right. You have to keep balances against your pending transactions. I thought about the layaway plan, but decided to just charge the tickets to avoid any confusion. For me, the interest was a small price to pay in order to know that I had my tickets.

frozen pilgrim
03-15-2009, 09:15 AM
For the record, the Delta Spirit CD made me feel much better. It's one of the best CD's I have listened to in the past year. It's been in my car cd player all week. PF, I thank you very, very much :)

honestly man, you get credit for being one of the few people who've had the balls to openly and fully admit to and retract a mistake. you deserve the cd.

psychic friend
03-15-2009, 05:03 PM
i like that cd too! glad you're enjoying it sydaud.

leo01g
03-15-2009, 06:09 PM
So March 3rd came and past and thought my payment was made but then received a call from GV saying my card had been declined. Took a look at my account and saw the money was there and contacted the bank, turned out they froze my account over a "questionable" deposit. Didn't know my Boys and Girls Club paycheck was "questionable". Anyways I've been trying for the past few days to get a hold of them and clear this up so my deposit isn't lost along with my tickets. Called the number the girl gave me, called customer service, and emailed. I've left a few messages and still haven't gotten any responses and my account hasn't been charged anything. Should I be worried and is there anything else you guys could suggest me?

They called me too becuase my card had been declined but it was my fault since I didnt change the expiration date. But I would suggest calling ticketmaster maybe they can help.