PDA

View Full Version : the Roots on late night

thom cobain
03-03-2009, 09:03 AM
does anyone else think that this is the coolest thing to happen to late night? the roots are jimmy fallon's house band. fucking awesome. i can see them every night.

humanoid
03-03-2009, 09:06 AM
I think it's cool only if Jimmy Fallon can find a way to be funny consistently, otherwise, I'm watching Adult Swim at that time

All Your Base
03-03-2009, 09:10 AM
As a long time Roots fan (like, Square Roots long time) this could very well be the death of them, or at least the death of albums like Things Fall Apart. I mean, they haven't made an album like that (IMO) since Phrenology anyway, but....

Glad they got a nice, healthy income stream - but I'm afraid.

RedThom
03-03-2009, 09:11 AM
As a long time Roots fan (like, Square Roots long time) this could very well be the death of them, or at least the death of albums like Things Fall Apart. I mean, they haven't made an album like that (IMO) since Phrenology anyway, but....

Glad they got a nice, healthy income stream - but I'm afraid.

legitimate fear friendo

Distorted_Jungle
03-03-2009, 09:16 AM
The Roots at Audiotistic!!

www.audiotisticfestival.com

Main Stage:
Above & Beyond
The Thrillseekers
Donald Glaud
DJ Micro
Lenny V.
Joaquin Bamaca

Hip-Hop Stage:
The Roots
Reflection Eternal (Talib Kweli & DJ Hi Tek)
Z-Trip
The Cool Kids
Amanda Blank
Flosstradamus
Mike Relm
Aaron Lacrate
Them Jeans

House/Electro Stage:
Chromeo
Armand Van Helden
Does it Offend You, Yeah(DJ Set)
Junior Sanchez
DJ Funk
Le Castle Vania
F*kkk Offf
Kill The Noise
Villains
DJ Sin

Drum & Bass:
Goldie
Ed Rush & Optical
Dillinja & Lemon D
Shimon
RAW
Hazen

I am thinking more will be added, and tickets go on sale 3/17/2009.

thom cobain
03-03-2009, 09:17 AM
i hear what you're saying, and i feel you. i mean, the roots on tv? but as a long time roots fan myself, having seen them over 20 times, i don't see them dying. they are way too good. hell, i saw them recently and they kicked my ass again. fallon will die long before the roots.

quicksand
03-03-2009, 10:49 AM
I listened to The Roots a little bit when I heard they were playing Coachella. Then their performance was incredibly underwhelming. Now this? Aww man.

unknown
03-03-2009, 11:55 AM
I was also disappointed by their Coachella performance. I haven't had the privilege of seeing them 20 times, only three times now and Coachella was nowhere near the level of the other shows. I don't care for the medleys of other artists songs that they play especially since they have a number of albums to pick songs from. I hope my boyfriend recorded the late night show. When I first heard about this I was worried too about them falling off - I really haven't been into any of their albums since Things Fall Apart, that album is just too good.

Would like to check out Audiotistic - I think that was the first show I saw them at in 1999 or 2000. Maybe it was Nation? Anyway, Reflection Eternal, Mike Relm, Z-Trip, Chromeo, Ed Rush & Optical, Goldie, R.A.W. AND The Roots? Fuck Yeah. Too bad DIOYY is a dj set? didn't even know they rolled like that. booo at the NOS :(

Distorted_Jungle
03-03-2009, 12:23 PM
I was also disappointed by their Coachella performance. I haven't had the privilege of seeing them 20 times, only three times now and Coachella was nowhere near the level of the other shows. I don't care for the medleys of other artists songs that they play especially since they have a number of albums to pick songs from. I hope my boyfriend recorded the late night show. When I first heard about this I was worried too about them falling off - I really haven't been into any of their albums since Things Fall Apart, that album is just too good.

Would like to check out Audiotistic - I think that was the first show I saw them at in 1999 or 2000. Maybe it was Nation? Anyway, Reflection Eternal, Mike Relm, Z-Trip, Chromeo, Ed Rush & Optical, Goldie, R.A.W. AND The Roots? Fuck Yeah. Too bad DIOYY is a dj set? didn't even know they rolled like that. booo at the NOS :(

yeah DIOYY doing a DJ set was very surprising to me, but chromeo looks like it should be live so that should be good. NOS Event Center for me is a great venue i love the Drum & Bass in an airplane hanger, gets a little hot in there but sounds so good.