PDA

View Full Version : the troubadour parking structure

medornage
02-13-2007, 03:01 PM
i'm going to be driving to the troubadour (in LA) for my first time tomorrow and i just want to make sure the parking structure is across the street like the website does, because my mom said she didn't see it the time she drove me there. has anyone been there before? and does the parking structure have fees?

bleep
02-13-2007, 03:09 PM
it is across the street. isn't a building though, just a small, somewhat triangular, open lot. there are fees, don't recall exact amount but expect $7-$10.
try to find street parking (just make sure to read the signs). you should be able to find something near Ralphs and just walk the 1-2 blocks up north.

medornage
02-13-2007, 03:15 PM
thanks. i'll go with the ralph's thing

mozabilly54
02-13-2007, 03:29 PM
I just park in the nearby Beverly Hills neighborhood and walk a block.

bmack86
02-13-2007, 05:13 PM
I do what Mozabilly said. That's the most reliable parking. If you read the street signs you'll find a legal spot every time.

tessalasset
02-13-2007, 05:42 PM
troub is one of the easiest places to park ever. i used to be one of the suckers who paid for that lot across the street and then my friend aaron introduced me to the abundant street parking in the beverly hills neighborhood. i park in the same place on alta every time (about four blocks west of troub). it's a gorgeous walk and it's totally safe. now does someone want to clue me in on where to park for free for henry fonda?

bmack86
02-13-2007, 05:45 PM
I've been wondering the same thing. That's the reason I don't like going to the Fonda. it's the only place i ever pay for parking (excepting the Greek and The Bowl, of course)
Does anyone know the situation for parking at Spaceland? I've not been yet, but I'll be there for Fujiya and Miyagi, and i wanna know what i'm facing.

arbouler
02-13-2007, 06:08 PM
I've been wondering the same thing. That's the reason I don't like going to the Fonda. it's the only place i ever pay for parking (excepting the Greek and The Bowl, of course)
Does anyone know the situation for parking at Spaceland? I've not been yet, but I'll be there for Fujiya and Miyagi, and i wanna know what i'm facing.

^
spaceland is with the green arrow. i park on castle street (black arrow) about, i dunno quarter mile north east. it's kinda dark over there but thats the only place i ever found parking that doesnt require residential permit. i never got a chance with the street parking on the main streets though.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1892/spacelandck0.jpg

bmack86
02-13-2007, 06:10 PM
It's not too shady of an area to leave my car? I reall have no clue where spaceland is, so it's all in the dark

tessalasset
02-13-2007, 06:39 PM
yeah spaceland's a bitch, but parking is only like 4 bucks i think.

suprefan
02-13-2007, 06:40 PM
now does someone want to clue me in on where to park for free for henry fonda?

Take the subway.......... I do....

bleep
02-13-2007, 06:59 PM
i always get screwed finding parking for the el rey. hints? thx in advance.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-13-2007, 07:21 PM
troub is one of the easiest places to park ever. i used to be one of the suckers who paid for that lot across the street and then my friend aaron introduced me to the abundant street parking in the beverly hills neighborhood. i park in the same place on alta every time (about four blocks west of troub). it's a gorgeous walk and it's totally safe. now does someone want to clue me in on where to park for free for henry fonda?

So you're just parking on residential streets or whatnot?! I've always parked in that lot across the street, which has generally been no problem, but I am going to an afternoon gig there in March and I'll probably be getting there early so I wasn't sure how that would work with the parking. Maybe I'll try this way instead.

keriann
02-13-2007, 07:48 PM
For the Fonda I park on Yucca St and walk down Argyle. Its a bit of a walk but it's free and I always find a spot there.

bmack86
02-13-2007, 08:20 PM
that sounds much better tahn 10 bucks.
I'm willing to walk about 1/2 a mile

angrycandy
02-13-2007, 08:58 PM
thanks. i'll go with the ralph's thing

just make sure you don't actually go IN the parking lot; that's the best way to get ticketed. the troubadour is one of the greatest venues for parking because there's always plenty of free street parking and you don't have to worry about getting raped on the way to the venue. that's always nice.

i find it's easiest to park on doheny, south of santa monica. or, as a previous poster mentioned, you can head a couple blocks west of the troub (on santa monica), hang a right, and park in front of one of the obscenely gorgeous houses. check out the map.
http://troubadour.com/map.php

arbouler
02-13-2007, 09:08 PM
i park on the metered parkings on doheny too. you dont have to pay past 6 i think. there's also a couple metered parkings right across from that petco place. i usually park there.

p/s-this is a very good thread btw

bmack86
02-13-2007, 10:11 PM
If i don't get a metered spot on Doheny, I continue driving until i reach the first left. There are no restrictions to parking in these areas and there's always space. It's around 1/4 mile from the venue, and there's always at least one other person walking back at the same time.

tessalasset
02-13-2007, 11:07 PM
oh i forgot! when i'm in a hurry, i park here (only on the north side of the street):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/tessizzle/troubparking.jpg

arbouler
02-13-2007, 11:24 PM
damn thats far.

sometimes i hate how troubadour tells me i cant bring my camera in and how the photo pass that i was supposed to get didnt show up at the box office. i had to walk back to my car, leave my gear in there, come back inside, talk to the band to let me bring my camera in, then walk back to my car, get my stuff and come back inside. it's such a bitch.

bmack86
02-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Do you bring a professional camera with you? I've never had problems with my digital. I thought theyeven had a sign that said you could take pictures.

bballarl
02-13-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm going to the Troub tomorrow also. Without a ticket. Hooray! I hope I don't overpay too much.

arbouler
02-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Do you bring a professional camera with you? I've never had problems with my digital. I thought theyeven had a sign that said you could take pictures.

i bring my dslr.

ya thats what i figured. even their website said that you can take any photo as long as it has no flash.

bleep
02-14-2007, 12:05 AM
on the map in tessa's post, i'm usually able to find a spot at about Doheny & Rangely. be careful when crossing the streets at Santa Monica and Melrose. Always look both ways despite what the crossing light tells you, some crazy drivers don't look out for pedestrians.

el rey parking tips, anyone?

tessalasset
02-14-2007, 12:06 AM
damn thats far.not at all, actually. it takes like a minute to walk from your car to the front door (if all the lights work in your favor).

most venues don't let you bring cameras with detachable lenses. just a rule of thumb.

tessalasset
02-14-2007, 12:07 AM
el rey parking tips, anyone?when i used to go to el rey shows, i would park at a meter on hauser just south of wilshire every single time.

bmack86
02-14-2007, 12:09 AM
That's where i always go

suprefan
02-14-2007, 01:05 AM
i bring my dslr.

ya thats what i figured. even their website said that you can take any photo as long as it has no flash.

The thing is also they never say anything about flash in the first place. Going to the Troub saturday for some good punk rock in the form of Lifetime, I'll have some insane photos I can imagine....

arbouler
02-14-2007, 07:39 AM
^they do on their website

arbouler
03-04-2007, 12:41 AM
i paid 10 bucks to park at the troubadour to see midlake tonight.
i couldnt find an open meter spot. tonight i spent:

ticket: 20 bucks
parking: 10 bucks
tshirt: 15 bucks
total: 45 bucks
seeing midlake: priceless, but i'd still like my 10 dollars parking charge back.

suprefan
03-04-2007, 01:36 AM
but i'd still like my 10 dollars parking charge back.

Dude, up 2 blocks on Doheny are open spots in residential neighborhoods that dont need a permit. Its worth the walk...

And yeah I know about the flash thing on their website but they still dont say anything, its just a formality...

arbouler
03-04-2007, 02:19 AM
^ya, i shouldve checked this thread again before i left. i was too confident about finding a metered spot. and i got to the venue a bit late too.

dumb dumb.

ThomThom
03-04-2007, 02:28 AM
Do NOT park at the Ralph's parking lot, they tow, boy oh fucking boy do they tow. A rookie mistake I made when I was like 16.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
03-04-2007, 02:45 PM
I went to an afternoon gig at the troubadour yesterday and parked in that lot across the street, but there was no attendant when we parked or when we left so free parking @ us. Hahaha, but I am sure that wouldn't be the case normally.

blastyourears
03-04-2007, 05:31 PM

I always park on Alta also ; )

tessalasset
03-04-2007, 06:16 PM
i paid 10 bucks to park at the troubadour to see midlake tonight.
i couldnt find an open meter spot.yeha, sorry i didnt get your message until too late last night. seriously, park where i marked it on that map on page 1. you can see the space standing on the steps of the troub. it's really really close, but just hidden by santa monica blvd, so no one ever parks there. its probably 200 feet away from the parking lot across the street from the troub.

arbouler
05-16-2007, 03:22 PM
so i can park on alta or north of doheny? im seein patrick wolf at the troub tonite. hopefully parking wont be a bitch!

tessalasset
05-16-2007, 06:56 PM
seriously lickey PARK IN THAT SPOT. I'm not kidding. it's so easy dude. It's a one way stree so you can only access it by driving up Oakwood from Beverly Blvd. Some day I'm just gonna have to drive with you and show you cause once you park there you'll never park anywhere else.

suprefan
05-16-2007, 07:01 PM
so i can park on alta or north of doheny? im seein patrick wolf at the troub tonite. hopefully parking wont be a bitch!

Yeah what Tessa, said. I dont know why you guys freak out on the street parking when there clearly is some to be used for shows. If there are no signs saying anything.,park there, its that simple. I had no problem finding a spot on Saturday night for Dinosaur Jr, and it was SOLD OUT. And it was Saturday night.

Jenniehoo
05-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Hey look it's a thread. About a parking structure.

tessalasset
05-16-2007, 11:59 PM
I hope we eventually get to every los angeles venue in this thread and then i will bookmark it.

PineapplePete
05-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Yeah what Tessa, said. I dont know why you guys freak out on the street parking when there clearly is some to be used for shows. If there are no signs saying anything.,park there, its that simple. I had no problem finding a spot on Saturday night for Dinosaur Jr, and it was SOLD OUT. And it was Saturday night.

how was it? i wanted to go so bad.

arbouler
05-17-2007, 09:42 AM
hooray free parking on civic center! thanks tessa!

arbouler
05-23-2007, 10:32 AM
hey hey,
where do we park for free near the knitting factory area?

p/s-i love this thread.

tessalasset
05-23-2007, 01:27 PM
oooh knitting factory's a tough one. if i have enough time, i'll park in the H&H center and walk over. $2 for 4 hours with a validation.

kroqken
05-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Has anyone been to that dance club next to the Troubador called the Lobby? The people in line look like snobby brats.

arbouler
06-03-2007, 10:28 PM
oooh knitting factory's a tough one. if i have enough time, i'll park in the H&H center and walk over. $2 for 4 hours with a validation.

i found some street parking a block south of hollywood blvd (hawthorn ave).

im goin to the roxy tomorrow. anybody know where to park?

Courtney
07-20-2007, 01:34 PM
So... the Greek is pretty much impossible, right? $15 stacked parking. Anyone tried any of the dinner & shuttle options?

suprefan
07-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Try the shuttle it shoudl be less and easier. And yes its stacked. $15? It was only $10 for Radiohead.

Courtney
07-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Try the shuttle it shoudl be less and easier. And yes its stacked. $15? It was only $10 for Radiohead.

Which shuttle? As far as I know there are individual restaurants that do this, but it's not like an official Greek Theatre service.

I hear they just raised it from $10 to $15 because they are evil. But I haven't personally experienced the $15 parking yet.

suprefan
07-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Oh, I dont know, but I guess try the restaraunts. I thought there was a shuttle in general, I don tknow why there isnt a bus line that runs up there, there should be. and maybe they raised it to be able to get money fast to fix the forest, who knows. You could be HxC and park at the bottom and walk it.

PineapplePete
07-20-2007, 01:52 PM
courtney, are you going to sonic youth?

arbouler
08-28-2007, 08:01 PM
hey im goin to henry fonda tnight. where should i park (for free!)

suprefan
08-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Subway, thats what I do. Better to spend the $3 on that then waste gas and money on parking.

bmack86
08-28-2007, 08:34 PM
I always park on Gower or the street parallel to that. You can almost always find something there.

suprefan
08-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Oh yeah, I always forget about those spots and the street after Hollywood if you are on Vine. Or after Sunset if you are going north on Vine, turn there and there might be some open spots.

bmack86
08-28-2007, 08:56 PM
yeah, there's always a way to find parking. I never pay there now, and it makes both the Avalon and the Fonda much better.