PDA

View Full Version : THE FIELD for 2009

Kerowackattack
02-28-2009, 12:41 AM
Unfortunately, I was among the Disappointed in 2008's Mohave tent when a large security guard lumbered on stage with a mic to announce The Field was barred entry into the United States from Sweden.

He could rock the Sahara nicely (not as a headliner), especially if following his label-mate, Gui Boratto. But that day has the most electronic so he'd probably be fit for a Sunday Sahara sunset spot. This would be my favorite addition. Just wondering if any body's interested/knows rumors/if he's gonna possibly announce tour dates due to his new album's imminent arrival (& leave a certain 4/19 available).

Mordecai
02-28-2009, 06:12 AM
I like your first post. A third Kompakt artist would be nice. I dig that label. A lot.

Kerowackattack
02-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Thank you, sir. Kompakt needs more representation. Supermayer and Gui are excellent, but THE FIELD could really strengthen Sunday... I suppose Time will tell.
I just don't wanna see electronic/Sahara space be taken up by any last resort DJs like Van Dyk, Oakenfold, Van Buuren, the shitty like. After seeing Tiesto in 07 I have lost all my interest in such formulaic techno.
which is pretty ironic considering how repetitive The Field is.
He just knows how to do it right: Transcendence

deeznutz
02-28-2009, 03:24 PM
YES!

The little heart beats so fast imo.

jazzz
02-28-2009, 03:29 PM
we need THE FIELD!

I would also love to have THOMAS FEHLMANN and PAN/TONE

Kerowackattack
02-28-2009, 03:33 PM
The Little (Sahara) Heart (would) Beat So Fast

<fade in> t-t-t-t-BOOM-t-t-t-t-BOOM-t-t-t-t-BOOM-t-t-t-t
"uh. uh. uh. uh. uh. uh. uh. uh. uhhuhuh. uh. uh. uh. uh."
vvvvrrrrvvrvvrvvvvvrvvrvrvvVvrvvrvvVvrvrvVvrvvrvVv rvrvV

Mindless Dancing.

goatparade
02-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Unfortunately, I was among the Disappointed in 2008's Mohave tent when a large security guard lumbered on stage with a mic to announce The Field was barred entry into the United States from Sweden.

He could rock the Sahara nicely (not as a headliner), especially if following his label-mate, Gui Boratto. But that day has the most electronic so he'd probably be fit for a Sunday Sahara sunset spot. This would be my favorite addition. Just wondering if any body's interested/knows rumors/if he's gonna possibly announce tour dates due to his new album's imminent arrival (& leave a certain 4/19 available).

It was the Gobi. And I flipped out...I was the weird kid loudly screaming "just play The Field's CD!" as they did that annoying Q & A.

Kerowackattack
02-28-2009, 06:20 PM
AH. It WAS the Gobi. Faaawk i was so disappointed.
I do recall somebody saying that. if only! It would've been way better than walking around traumatized passing the day-time with Stars (who blew) and simply waiting around till MMJ at Sunset. All that is need is that Sublime bass.

I am kind of consoled by the fact that Gui will be bringing that same transcendent bass/ambiance

at least Holy Fuck killed it

goatparade
02-28-2009, 08:57 PM
dude, my thoughts exactly....Walked around impatiently waiting for MMJ, talking about Holy Fuck.

Kerowackattack
02-28-2009, 09:06 PM
dude, my thoughts exactly....Walked around impatiently waiting for MMJ, talking about Holy Fuck.
exactly,
I pray the same thing doesn't happen this year cuz that interim was kinda shitty. At least it was backed up by My Morning Jacket, Roger Waters, SMD, Chromeo, & Justice.

but mid-day looks excellent with No Age, Themselves, Supermayer, Friendly Fires & Okkervil

kreutz2112
02-28-2009, 09:44 PM
do you guys remember when the dude came out and said the Field had to cancel and then some kid yelled out "just put on his CD!"

Kerowackattack
03-01-2009, 12:00 AM
In any case, Yesterday & Today - The Field's 'more organic predecessor' to Sublime - comes out May 26th.

redthreat
03-01-2009, 02:26 PM
i was also really disappointed.

also, the field is set to release a new album i think in the summer sometime.

i would love to see his set.

Alligator Bogaloo
03-08-2009, 09:31 PM
It was the Gobi. And I flipped out...I was the weird kid loudly screaming "just play The Field's CD!" as they did that annoying Q & A.

I too went to see them at the gobi too and felt like a hot girl broke up with me when the roadie told us they were cancelled. Hearing you yell "just play the Field's CD" was gold, one of the best Coachella quotes ever. Maybe we'll get to hear them in 2010.

jazzz
05-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Fuck yes! The Field our touring with The Juan Maclean and are playing 5min walking distance from my house!

and Kruetz they are coming to you too!