PDA

View Full Version : Animal Collective late-night on Saturday

TallGuyCM
02-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Wouldn't it be perfect to have Animal Collective late-night on Saturday? Yeah, they played last year, but they'd still be good this year as well.

Went to the show last night in L.A., I was the 6'8" asshole at the very front center against the rail who people were bitching at cuz I was blocking their view. :sorry

mitzkitz
02-27-2009, 11:03 AM
yes it would be perfect.. no matter when! i was looking at their tour dates a few months ago and saw there was nothing in april, so i was sure they'd play coachella. esp after releasing mpp (what a masterpiece) they have a much larger audience now. so disappointing :(

Mister DVNO
02-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Wouldn't it be perfect to have Animal Collective late-night on Saturday? Yeah, they played last year, but they'd still be good this year as well.

Went to the show last night in L.A., I was the 6'8" asshole at the very front center against the rail who people were bitching at cuz I was blocking their view. :sorry

Haha oh man, did I know who this was right away.

What's up, I stood on your left throughout the entire night. White headband.

TallGuyCM
02-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Haha oh man, did I know who this was right away.

What's up, I stood on your left throughout the entire night. White headband.

Ha! Yeah I could tell by Explosions in the Sky being your "current obsession" in your sig. What up!

I'll for sure be at the Mogwai show in May...you know tix go on sale tomorrow morning at 10am right?

Mister DVNO
02-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Ha! Yeah I could tell by Explosions in the Sky being your "current obsession" in your sig. What up!

I'll for sure be at the Mogwai show in May...you know tix go on sale tomorrow morning at 10am right?

Today absolutely sucked, I've been running on absolutely no sleep whatsoever.

No way? I think I'm going to have to do what you did for Radiohead and camp out for the sale.

zajaa
02-27-2009, 11:12 AM
oh damn. they put tickets on sale for a tour didnt they. the shows around me are sold out arent they. feck

zajaa
02-27-2009, 11:13 AM
i vote for late-night animal pow-wow ho-down in mojave

kitt kat
02-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi tall man. I giggled at you from the balcony from Ariel Pink.

I have to ask, because I always wonder this:

Why do people as tall you feel the need to be on the rail at EVERY concert? I mean, there's a lot of very short people. Wouldn't being three or four rows of short people back be the same as being up front? You can see over them; we can't see over you. I'm 5' 3". People like you make me sad at concerts.

Trick Loves The Kids
02-27-2009, 03:14 PM
yeah I'm kinda short too and I don't get that. You guys can see from anywhere in the venue, do you really need to be front and center wearing a Lincoln tophat? This goes double for tall dudes who don't dance, I swear to god there'll be a pit going nuts and a really tall guy nodding his head (MAYBE) just standing in the middle of it.

roboticwaltz
02-27-2009, 03:42 PM
yeah I'm kinda short too and I don't get that. You guys can see from anywhere in the venue, do you really need to be front and center wearing a Lincoln tophat? This goes double for tall dudes who don't dance, I swear to god there'll be a pit going nuts and a really tall guy nodding his head (MAYBE) just standing in the middle of it.

QFTx10. The worst are the ones who know that they're tall and powerful, and use it to their advantage to steamroll to the front of the crowd.

Me: "Hey man this is my spot."

Asshole: *shoulders me right in the face* "I don't give a fuck."

Me: "Fuck you, mutant."

True story, Sunset Junction 2007. Damn near ruined Blonde Redhead for me.

DRcube
02-27-2009, 04:13 PM
hey the tall guy got there early enough and was rewarded up-front center for a good show....tough shit if hes in front of you, you should have got their earlier if your short

CrimesceneCookie
02-27-2009, 04:34 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/KenMixtape/AnimalCollectiveFFFUUU.jpg

suprefan
02-27-2009, 04:38 PM

You weren't sorry for one second. and I am happy there are no shows on your list that I am attending, therefore not ruining any concert experience due to a tall guy like in times past.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/KenMixtape/AnimalCollectiveFFFUUU.jpg

plus 1000

PassiveTheory
02-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Ahahahahahah.

So there was a tall guy up front, and apparently someone in the crowd had a seizure. What I have yet to see happen is a tall guy up at the rail have a seizure. That would be a sight to behold.

woogie846
02-27-2009, 04:49 PM
hahaha what an awesome picture.

However, if TallGuy gets there early enough, he deserves the spot.

woogie846
02-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Ahahahahahah.

So there was a tall guy up front, and apparently someone in the crowd had a seizure. What I have yet to see happen is a tall guy up at the rail have a seizure. That would be a sight to behold.

Was the girl in the front on the right side? I didn't see her, I only heard screams.

moomoo
02-27-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm tall and I want the front damnit.

DAMNIT.

JustSteve
02-27-2009, 06:07 PM
You weren't sorry for one second. and I am happy there are no shows on your list that I am attending, therefore not ruining any concert experience due to a tall guy like in times past.

says the guy who snaps hundreds of pictures per show, people like you can be just as annoying...

haven't i read that you push over little girls to get to the rail first?

PassiveTheory
02-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Was the girl in the front on the right side? I didn't see her, I only heard screams.

I'm not the man to ask. Talk to summerkid, he told me about it.

Mister DVNO
02-27-2009, 06:34 PM
He was one of the first people in line, and people were queuing from 330 PM or so. If he waits that long for a show, he can stand wherever the hell he wants.

emtgreg
02-27-2009, 06:45 PM
He was one of the first people in line, and people were queuing from 330 PM or so. If he waits that long for a show, he can stand wherever the hell he wants.

TRUTH :)

emtgreg
02-27-2009, 06:46 PM
although...i will say, that its wierd that people who get there hella early don't even dance half the time...

i mean, you are obviously nuts about the band...go nuts!!

TallGuyCM
02-28-2009, 11:13 AM

Easy, supre. I stick up for you around here when everyone else calls you a douche because I remember you from mortigi tempo. Sorry if I blocked your view for Radiohead last August.

I actually got there at 6:30 pm, but there's this I guess well-kept secret that's not such a secret you could say? If you spend like 10 or 15 bucks at the restaurant/bar next door to the Fonda, you get your receipt stamped and line up on the other side of the entrance from where the main line is, and get let in first.

I just got there when I did, ate a good meal and had a nice drink til about 7:30, got in the other line, and was the first person let into the venue when the doors opened at 8.

crazzz2007
02-28-2009, 11:31 AM
says the guy who snaps hundreds of pictures per show, people like you can be just as annoying...

haven't i read that you push over little girls to get to the rail first?

you heard wrong. he likes to push over little boys.

kitt kat
02-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Someone had a seizure?!

DruggyFestivalGuy
02-28-2009, 12:01 PM
I'll be disappointed if I don't have a Coachella seizure.

jdaws
03-01-2009, 09:00 PM
i believe in you, druggy festival guy. you can do it!

PassiveTheory
03-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Someone had a seizure?!

You were probably too busy taking photographs of yourself in front of the band to notice. That, or maybe the glare off your sunglasses sent him into shock.

Mister DVNO
03-01-2009, 10:47 PM
although...i will say, that its wierd that people who get there hella early don't even dance half the time...

i mean, you are obviously nuts about the band...go nuts!!

I assure you, I did.

I actually got there at 6:30 pm, but there's this I guess well-kept secret that's not such a secret you could say? If you spend like 10 or 15 bucks at the restaurant/bar next door to the Fonda, you get your receipt stamped and line up on the other side of the entrance from where the main line is, and get let in first.

I just got there when I did, ate a good meal and had a nice drink til about 7:30, got in the other line, and was the first person let into the venue when the doors opened at 8.

You fuck, haha. I remember running into the venue to find you already sitting down with your back against the metal barrier, front and center, and going "The fuck?" What restaurant is that?

You were probably too busy taking photographs of yourself in front of the band to notice. That, or maybe the glare off your sugnlasses sent him into shock.

I lol-ed.

kitt kat
03-01-2009, 11:21 PM
You were probably too busy taking photographs of yourself in front of the band to notice. That, or maybe the glare off your sunglasses sent him into shock.

I took no photos at the Fonda show and I had only my seeing glasses on for a little bit.

Kerowackattack
03-02-2009, 07:36 PM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=836&stc=1&d=1236054938

nothingisnothing
03-02-2009, 08:06 PM
It would be cool. As long as there aren't hipster assholes screaming so loudly off-key that you can't hear the concert the whole time :| (i.e. the LA show)

TallGuyCM
03-03-2009, 12:28 AM
It would be cool. As long as there aren't hipster assholes screaming so loudly off-key that you can't hear the concert the whole time :| (i.e. the LA show)

Agreed. Especially when they played "My Girls" toward the beginning, and the audience was jumping up and down in place like it was "Mr. Brightside". :nono

momof5
03-03-2009, 10:38 AM
I was really excited for last year-I have the cds and lokked forward to a live show but it might have been my biggest disappointmenrt last year. That said I have the new cd in my car now and would give them another chance!

WALRUS
03-11-2009, 08:54 AM

WE DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR ROCK TOUR, FUCK OFF

djandrews25
03-11-2009, 09:12 AM
WE DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR ROCK TOUR, FUCK OFF

What the fuck are you talking about, hes talking about being at a show you fucking douche bag.

WALRUS
03-11-2009, 09:14 AM
What the fuck are you talking about, hes talking about being at a show you fucking douche bag.

im talking about his firm, fucking idiot

darkjustice
03-11-2009, 12:18 PM
???

NightGoat
03-11-2009, 02:05 PM
yeah, I don't know what he's talking about either, but I think most of his posts are hilarious.

And TallGuy, if you're at the Akron/Family show and someone tries to sit on your shoulders to get a better view, that means you're standing in my way, so don't be confused