PDA

View Full Version : Fischerspooner.

I Hand You Your Head
02-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Coachella is about a month before Casey & Warren are set to begin their tour in the eastern U.S., but I really hope they'd be receptive to a decent offer from Paul to make an early trip out west.

dorkfish
02-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Casey said that Paul already told him "not wanted".

BlackSwan
02-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Paul T was too busy making sure DJ AM and Travis Barker would be there.

Monklish
02-26-2009, 04:55 PM
I don't understand why Paul wouldn't want them back after he put them on the DVD and it was the single most awesome performance on the whole fucking thing.

Stop fucking up, Paul.

captncrzy
02-26-2009, 05:28 PM

srsly

I don't understand why Paul wouldn't want them back after he put them on the DVD and it was the single most awesome performance on the whole fucking thing.

Stop fucking up, Paul.

srsly x 2

Reekinghaovc
02-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Fischerspooner would be awesome!!!

Harrisment
02-26-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm planning to go to their show in Houston in May. I'm assuming this tour is going to be a live show? I saw what was billed as Fischerspooner last year at a club and was really disappointed when I got there and it was just a DJ set, which was pretty shitty at that.

DJdharma
02-26-2009, 05:47 PM

Stop fucking up, Paul.

I approve! They've got a new album and a new live show, so WTF!

mattpach
02-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Fuck I really wanted them.

I agree with everyone in here wtf.

captncrzy
02-26-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm planning to go to their show in Houston in May. I'm assuming this tour is going to be a live show? I saw what was billed as Fischerspooner last year at a club and was really disappointed when I got there and it was just a DJ set, which was pretty shitty at that.

...I dunno. It kinda looks like they are doing a bunch of DJ sets.

jdaws
02-26-2009, 11:29 PM
someone help me understand why the fuck i would want to see fischerspooner live. ive seen the coachella dvd performance and felt annoyed, confused, and embarrassed. yeah, its fucking odd, but so overblown and done-up that the musicality of it is lost to me. screaming and demanding the lyrics and shit. wtf

humanoid
02-26-2009, 11:41 PM
someone help me understand why the fuck i would want to see fischerspooner live. ive seen the coachella dvd performance and felt annoyed, confused, and embarrassed. yeah, its fucking odd, but so overblown and done-up that the musicality of it is lost to me. screaming and demanding the lyrics and shit. wtf

I can't exactly explain it myself, but being there for that set was so incredibly fun, I'd love to see it happen again

boarderwoozel3
02-26-2009, 11:45 PM
If they get added this year, great. Either way I'll be seeing them for the first time in Seattle at the end of May :D

Monklish
02-26-2009, 11:56 PM

LOUDER

boarderwoozel3
02-27-2009, 12:01 AM
I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Monklish
02-27-2009, 12:03 AM
THINK ABOUT IT

boarderwoozel3
02-27-2009, 12:06 AM
That was one of the first Coachella clips I saw on youtube, instantly hooked.

jdaws
02-27-2009, 12:19 AM
just watched it on youtube. i can say that i liked the freeze-frame robot moves during the chorus and the silver confetti @ the end. still dont get why he has to make such a scene tho lol. distracting and not really entertaining to me. like a comedian coming on stage and trying to crack jokes while IM TRYING TO LISTEN TO MUSIC. all this said, don't know much about fischerspooner and have only been briefly introduced to their material

Monklish
02-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Are you a fucking idiot? It's called a performance.

Monklish
02-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Like, seriously, why do bands have to have those video screens with cool visualizations on 'em and stuff too? And why did Daft Punk need to make a pyramid? I'm there to listen to music, dammit.

jdaws
02-27-2009, 12:25 AM
of course im for a good performance if it goes with the music. i just didnt think fischerspooners performance matched with (my, admittedly limited) idea of what tehir music sounds like. i don't close my eyes or anything to block out the lights and make room for the sounds

boarderwoozel3
02-27-2009, 12:32 AM
They sum themselves up on their myspace and website:

fischerspooner is an art pop performance project created and helmed by warren fischer and casey spooner that makes music, dance, fashion, film and photography. their work fuses fine art and pop culture, as in their renowned outsider pop shows bursting with stage effects presented in both art galleries and traditional concert halls.

JorgeC
02-27-2009, 08:22 AM
from ticketmaster

Mon, 05/11/09 Roxy, Boston, MA
Sat, 05/16/09 House of Blues Houston, TX
Mon, 05/18/09 Ogden Theatre Denver, CO
Wed, 05/20/09 House of Blues San Diego, CA
Thu, 05/21/09 House of Blues Anaheim, CA
Sat, 5/23/09 Avalon, Hollywood CA <----- NOT on ticketmaster, I saw this on a LN email
Mon, 05/25/09 Wonder Ballroom, Portland, OR
Tue, 05/26/09 Showbox at the Market Seattle, WA
Sun 05/31/09 Majestic Theatre Detroit, MI
Mon, 06/01/09 The Phoenix Concert Theatre Toronto, ON

slurpee
02-27-2009, 08:25 AM
JorgeC I know you missed at least one date.

Fischerspooner is playing The Metro in Chicago 5/30.

Too bad they wont be emerging for Coachella :(

JorgeC
02-27-2009, 08:38 AM
yeah, if it's a Livenation exclusive venue, then it won't show up on ticketmaster.com (like The FIllmore, Avalon, Palladium). I only saw the Avalon show in Hollywood because I live in california, so that's the version of the email notification i get.

microcuts
02-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Sweeeet, finally someone not leaving Detroit off a schedule.

betao
02-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Did they forget that the US has an east coast?

TonyWonder
02-27-2009, 09:54 AM
They're also playing in Dallas at the Granada Theater on 5/15.

JorgeC
02-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Did they forget that the US has an east coast?

That's not the full list, just what was available on ticketmaster as of this morning. They are doing Boston and you KNOW they have to do New York and they have a 5 day window from MA to TX so i'm sure we'll hear about more dates soon.

lurker_with_a_bush
02-27-2009, 05:33 PM

and this is complete fail.

go ahead (a mod) *block me but supporting those two men that are suing the pilots family (ahem, dont believe the more expensive PR) is an ethical kick in the balls.

shitty move GV, shitty.

cooperb1
02-27-2009, 06:01 PM
i,m seeing fisherspooner at hob in oc in may

I Hand You Your Head
02-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Casey said that Paul already told him "not wanted".Are you being serious? If so, did Casey elaborate as to why the thinks Paul would say that? FS ruled the stage during their performance back in 2003, and how can you not love Casey Spooner? I mean, I'm as hetero as they come and I fucking love that man. Sexy and charming as all hell. (Wonderful voice, too.)

fikus222
02-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Fischerspooner plays in Seattle the night my wife and I get back from Sasquatch. I have almost convinced my wife that four days in a row of concerts is in our best interest...its a good thing she likes FS, cuz I wouldn't be making any headway otherwise.

dorkfish
03-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Are you being serious? If so, did Casey elaborate as to why the thinks Paul would say that? FS ruled the stage during their performance back in 2003, and how can you not love Casey Spooner? I mean, I'm as hetero as they come and I fucking love that man. Sexy and charming as all hell. (Wonderful voice, too.)

http://forum.fischerspooner.com/viewtopic.php?t=4145

boarderwoozel3
03-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Fischerspooner plays in Seattle the night my wife and I get back from Sasquatch. I have almost convinced my wife that four days in a row of concerts is in our best interest...its a good thing she likes FS, cuz I wouldn't be making any headway otherwise.
That's what I'm doing. But I only have to convince myself, it was an easy sell.

and this is complete fail.

go ahead (a mod) *block me but supporting those two men that are suing the pilots family (ahem, dont believe the more expensive PR) is an ethical kick in the balls.

shitty move GV, shitty.
That's horrendous. As if their music wasn't reason enough to dislike them...

Devin the Dude
03-02-2009, 11:05 AM
FISHERSP0000000000000NERRRRRRRRR 09 COME ON BITCHES YOU KNOW YOU WANNT ITTTTTTTTT

LiKeBuTtAh !
03-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Casey said that Paul already told him "not wanted".

harsh.

It would fit into the tradition of bringing back prior players
(Hell! The Killers were 3rd from the bottom of Saturday's bill in 2004).

All 1st and 2nd line performers are repeats (except McCartney)...

Devin the Dude
03-11-2009, 01:56 PM
seriously, i'm kinda pissed.

not to complain about this already stuffed lineup. but that paul would choose some of the shittier, less respected newer acts over an old fave.

whatevs. still going.