PDA

View Full Version : deadmau5 for 2009?

thizzin my brains out
02-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Anyone have any information on the topic?

I think he would be a solid (and feasible) addition, even though he's already played chella. I think he might be last-sahara-set status.

PassiveTheory
02-24-2009, 02:54 PM
He said no already, and he's playing all of California and Ultra in Miami anyways.

thizzin my brains out
02-24-2009, 03:03 PM
He said no already, and he's playing all of California and Ultra in Miami anyways.

he has no dates scheduled in CA, and no shows during Coachella...
Wouldn't be the first time an act denied playing and ended up signing on.

frozen pilgrim
02-24-2009, 03:04 PM
expand your taste.

PassiveTheory
02-24-2009, 03:07 PM

He's playing ETD Pop in San Francisco. Last I checked, San Francisco was in California.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/ardentbiscuit/ETD1.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/ardentbiscuit/ETD2.jpg

thizzin my brains out
02-24-2009, 03:11 PM
expand your taste.

you don't know the breadth of my musical taste, so stfu.

He's playing ETD Pop in San Francisco. Last I checked, San Francisco was in California.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/ardentbiscuit/ETD1.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/ardentbiscuit/ETD2.jpg

ohh nice, you're a geography buff.
last years ETD was a massive conspiracy/ drug bust. Thanks, but I'll pass on the aids.

miSTEVEious
02-24-2009, 03:36 PM
how so?

El.C.Dub
02-24-2009, 06:28 PM
how so?

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=n...&id=6168792

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 | 5:34 PM
Bay City News

DALY CITY, CA -- Nearly 60 people were arrested on drug-related charges late Saturday and early Sunday during a sting operation at a rave party at the Cow Palace in Daly City, the San Mateo County Narcotics Task Force announced today.

More than 115 police officers and support personnel from about 20 law enforcement agencies, including the task force and the Daly City Police Department, were involved in the undercover sting operation at the event, "etd.POP 2008," which was promoted as an electronic music festival.

Fifty-five adults and three juveniles were arrested on charges of sales of illegal narcotics or possession for sale of illegal narcotics, according to the San Mateo County Narcotics Task Force.
Story continues below
Advertisement

Authorities seized more than 1,000 Ecstasy tablets as well as Ketamine, marijuana, methamphetamine and over $5,000.

The task force reported that patrons at similar events have used "club drugs" such as Ecstasy, GHB, Ketamine and LSD.

Daly City police Capt. Mike Edwards said that that the promoters of the event as well as management of the Cow Palace were notified in advance about the sting operation.

"The Cow Palace and the promoters of these events are all aware of what's going to happen and are all supportive of our efforts," Edwards said.

All those arrested were booked into the San Mateo County jail and were scheduled to be arraigned at 1:30 p.m. today.
///////

All the lights turned on about an hour into Tiesto's set. They had everyone out by 1:30, 3 hours before it was scheduled to end.

What's most fucked up is the artists knew about it. Just another reason why Tiesto is a massive d-bag.

Gribbz
02-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Boycott that shit.

Fucking rats.

Gribbz
02-24-2009, 06:30 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=n...&id=6168792

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 | 5:34 PM
Bay City News

DALY CITY, CA -- Nearly 60 people were arrested on drug-related charges late Saturday and early Sunday during a sting operation at a rave party at the Cow Palace in Daly City, the San Mateo County Narcotics Task Force announced today.

More than 115 police officers and support personnel from about 20 law enforcement agencies, including the task force and the Daly City Police Department, were involved in the undercover sting operation at the event, "etd.POP 2008," which was promoted as an electronic music festival.

Fifty-five adults and three juveniles were arrested on charges of sales of illegal narcotics or possession for sale of illegal narcotics, according to the San Mateo County Narcotics Task Force.
Story continues below
Advertisement

Authorities seized more than 1,000 Ecstasy tablets as well as Ketamine, marijuana, methamphetamine and over $5,000.

The task force reported that patrons at similar events have used "club drugs" such as Ecstasy, GHB, Ketamine and LSD.

Daly City police Capt. Mike Edwards said that that the promoters of the event as well as management of the Cow Palace were notified in advance about the sting operation.

"The Cow Palace and the promoters of these events are all aware of what's going to happen and are all supportive of our efforts," Edwards said.

All those arrested were booked into the San Mateo County jail and were scheduled to be arraigned at 1:30 p.m. today.
///////

All the lights turned on about an hour into Tiesto's set. They had everyone out by 1:30, 3 hours before it was scheduled to end.

What's most fucked up is the artists knew about it. Just another reason why Tiesto is a massive d-bag.

I hate tiesto even more now. Didn't think that was possible.

oceansc420
02-24-2009, 06:37 PM
You all are stupid. Tiesto had nothing to do with idiot drug dealers selling e at a rave.

Gribbz
02-24-2009, 06:41 PM
You all are stupid. Tiesto had nothing to do with idiot drug dealers selling e at a rave.

That's not what he said you fucking moron.

Nice reading and comprehension though!

El.C.Dub
02-24-2009, 06:47 PM

A sad example of the no child left behind years.

oceansc420
02-24-2009, 06:53 PM
A sad example of the no child left behind years.

How exactly?

El.C.Dub
02-24-2009, 08:02 PM
insert: bush humor

error: did not compute

WhyTheLongFace
02-24-2009, 11:30 PM
Wow, that's fucking wack.

cooperb1
02-24-2009, 11:58 PM
expand your taste.
qft

cooperb1
02-25-2009, 12:02 AM
insert: bush humor

error: did not compute
error 404?

leo01g
02-25-2009, 06:44 AM
deadmau5 can get boring at times

dudemac
02-25-2009, 07:12 AM
deadmau5 killed it a tao. hope he gets added

Trick Loves The Kids
02-25-2009, 08:11 AM
wait, they shut down tiesto in the middle of his set to search everybody? post a link to a rave forum, I want moire info

miSTEVEious
02-25-2009, 08:34 AM
yeah that's insane. i live in bay area and didn't hear about this. i wouldn't go see tiesto if it were free, though. i can't believe the promoters knew about it. fuck you skills, fuck you.

El.C.Dub
02-25-2009, 09:53 AM
yes i have multiple friends who went and described the situation. It was pretty fucked up from what I understand, and obviously there is no way that Tiesto didn't know about it. The show stopped during his set, they turned off the lights/music, and Tiesto proceeded to hand the mic over to an SFPD officer. The kids were going nuts; half of them probably thought it was part of the show. Boy were they wrong.

Trick Loves The Kids
02-25-2009, 10:52 AM
damn, what a buzz killer. i don't think tiesto is really at fault, he just shows up and plays trance when he's told to, and stops playing trance when he's told not to.

leo01g
02-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Wow that sucks, I would be pretty disappointed if they pulled some shit like that around here :(

DFrank
02-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Wow...Deadmau5 is your idea of a surprise add on? Go home.

Distorted_Jungle
02-25-2009, 11:17 AM
damn, what a buzz killer. i don't think tiesto is really at fault, he just shows up and plays trance when he's told to, and stops playing trance when he's told not to.

you are in love with tiesto so this is no surprise that you are defending him, and as far as Deadmau5 at coachella i could care less. Personally i think he is overbooked in california anyways he has been on too many fliers for not being that great. Not saying he isn't a good DJ or Producer, but just given too much credit in my opinion.

Gribbz
02-25-2009, 11:29 AM
I don't think trick loves tiesto.

I'm pretty sure I read someone's sig that said something like "Tiesto is the jack johnson of electronic music." -tricklovesthekids

Something along those lines.

digitalmau5
02-25-2009, 11:52 AM
expand your taste.

You need to expand yours.

And I've seen Deadmau5 3 times the past year and wouldnt mind seeing him again at Coachella, but I would prefer him to be at EDC instead. I would much rather have Digitalism added to Coachella though.

Gribbz
02-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Never seen Deadmau5 before. I've heard good things. Something about face melting...

dudemac
02-25-2009, 11:55 AM
deadmau5 = best live dj ive ever seen

El.C.Dub
02-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Never seen Deadmau5 before. I've heard good things. Something about face melting...

he has been known to melt faces, this is true.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-25-2009, 12:00 PM
So, FYI, Deadmau5 and the Whip are playing in Chicago on April 11 with Crookers and Late of the Pier ..... do I smell ... additions?

digitalmau5
02-25-2009, 12:00 PM

He is awesome. Definitely check him out next time hes around your part of town.

Gribbz
02-25-2009, 12:07 PM
So, FYI, Deadmau5 and the Whip are playing in Chicago on April 11 with Crookers and Late of the Pier ..... do I smell ... additions?

What you actually are smelling are cinnabuns.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-25-2009, 12:08 PM
That was my fraternity nickname.

Gribbz
02-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Malcolmjamalcinnabuns?

Distorted_Jungle
02-25-2009, 12:13 PM

It is clear now that you have not seen very many dj's because i have seen countless performances better than his

Distorted_Jungle
02-25-2009, 12:18 PM
I would say 2manydj's for the Sahara would be sick, the talent in those 2 brothers is unreal and if they were booked there would be a good chance of Soulwax.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-25-2009, 12:20 PM
and then a good chance of Soulwax Nite Versions

Jremy
02-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Don't get me wrong Deadmau5 is cool. Seen him 4 times now.
I fucking hate the hype that surrounds him.
Come on people, he's a DJ wearing a mask. Thats it.

miSTEVEious
02-25-2009, 02:42 PM
i wouldn't doubt if he got added - but i don't think i'll see him because i've heard his entire set all ready. and i've never seen him live, its just that he's going to play his 10 hits or w/e that all sound exactly the same. WTF? chicken is a SICK song though i will admit.

cansei de ser sexme
02-25-2009, 02:44 PM
<------i really just like his mask

Distorted_Jungle
02-25-2009, 02:50 PM
i wouldn't doubt if he got added - but i don't think i'll see him because i've heard his entire set all ready. and i've never seen him live, its just that he's going to play his 10 hits or w/e that all sound exactly the same. WTF? chicken is a SICK song though i will admit.

exactly, only certain people can get away with spinning sets made entirely of the tracks that they have produced. I would say 2 of them are DJ Shadow and Daft punk but some others could do it too. Best song i have heard from Deadmau5 is Ghost N Stuff, but they do all sound alike.

digitalmau5
02-25-2009, 03:46 PM
I would say 2manydj's for the Sahara would be sick, the talent in those 2 brothers is unreal and if they were booked there would be a good chance of Soulwax.

That would be sick, but I just saw them at HARD, and wouldn't want to see them at Coachella.

Distorted_Jungle
02-25-2009, 06:01 PM
That would be sick, but I just saw them at HARD, and wouldn't want to see them at Coachella.

just saw them? that shit was on halloween and guess what? Deadmau5 was at HARD too, so you could use the same argument for him. The only difference is that 2manydj's is way better.

subjectinchanging
02-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Deadmau5 is going to Sasquatch, hurray for not having to get on a plane!

leo01g
02-25-2009, 08:06 PM
and then a good chance of Soulwax Nite Versions

where is Mr. Wang planning his meeting this year?

digitalmau5
02-25-2009, 08:22 PM
just saw them? that shit was on halloween and guess what? Deadmau5 was at HARD too, so you could use the same argument for him. The only difference is that 2manydj's is way better.

I also just saw him at TAO, but I never said I wanted to see the mau5 at Coachella. In a earlier post i've stated I've seen him 3 times the past year(4 since TAO 07-08) so I dont need to see him there. Would love to see him at EDC though, 6 months is a long enough gap.

Leeartlee
03-18-2009, 01:21 PM
From an interview he gave about DJ's in general:

“It puts me to fucking sleep to be quite honest, I don’t really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to fucking tears and hopefully with all due respect to the dj type that will fucking go the way of the dinosaur id like them to dis-a-fucking-pear. Joel continued, its so middle man,they’re like fucking lawyers. You need them, but they’re fucking ****s. God bless them they’re my number one customer right so I’m not gonna go diss every fucking DJ. But to say you become this massive up on a podium performer by playing other peoples productions at the same speed as someone else’s productions and fading between the two of them, I don’t get it.”

Source http://trainspottr.com/uncategorized/djproducer-deadmau5-public-statement-about-djs-theyre-fcking-cts

Egull
03-18-2009, 03:38 PM

“It puts me to fucking sleep to be quite honest, I don’t really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to fucking tears and hopefully with all due respect to the dj type that will fucking go the way of the dinosaur id like them to dis-a-fucking-pear. Joel continued, its so middle man,they’re like fucking lawyers. You need them, but they’re fucking ****s. God bless them they’re my number one customer right so I’m not gonna go diss every fucking DJ. But to say you become this massive up on a podium performer by playing other peoples productions at the same speed as someone else’s productions and fading between the two of them, I don’t get it.”

Source http://trainspottr.com/uncategorized/djproducer-deadmau5-public-statement-about-djs-theyre-fcking-cts

I was just going to post this. I really like Deadmau5's music, but what the fuck?

Egull
03-18-2009, 03:42 PM
o ya and Deadmau5 is really good live but,

HAHAHA! :rotfl

heyeric
03-18-2009, 03:48 PM
^He's known to have already displayed that type of attitude. Months back I read a few articles where he's bad mouthed others as well in the industry.

daftsquirrel
03-18-2009, 06:17 PM

This really sucks...I love deadmau5 but he is a dick

daftsquirrel
03-18-2009, 06:17 PM
o ya and Deadmau5 is really good live but,

HAHAHA! :rotfl

I second that laughter!

Leeartlee
03-19-2009, 07:26 AM
I find this comment coming out of him to be very strange. I mean, it's not exactly as if he is "pushing" the boundaries of EDM in a totally new frontier. In fact, if anything, he is kind of moving backwards a little. Some of his tracks sound like they were produced during the heyday of progressive trance in the late 90's... not that I have a problem with that per se (I think that bring back true melodies into EDM is a good thing overall) but fuck, someone's got to spin the tunes for the masses.

What a tool.

JorgeC
03-19-2009, 09:55 AM
He's playing the Palladium in Hollywood on 5/22.

Leeartlee
03-19-2009, 10:47 AM
I gotta admit, though, that I find 'I Remember" to be very catchy. It's incredibly cheezy (he collaborated with Kaskade for Christ sake) but it's infectious.

jlk2490
03-19-2009, 10:51 AM

Yo Malcom, I might be heading out to chicago for that. Are you thinking about mega-bussing it out there?

Sonicifyouwantit
03-19-2009, 01:17 PM

May 22nd @ Hollywood Paladium $35

also he played last year, sorry if you missed coachella in 2007. Some of us have learned long ago not to miss a year.

OutOfmYminD
03-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Wow there is a really cool looking Deadmau5 iphone app that lets you remix deadmau5 songs. Don't have an iphone but that sort of thing sounds like my cup of tea.

Except I generally find deadmau5 to be kind boring, that bloop sound.... Give it a rest please.