PDA

View Full Version : Late Add Request: FAITH NO MORE (FNM threads will be merged here)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

reverendalexg
02-24-2009, 09:15 AM
Holy F'n Crap! FNM is reuniting for some EU shows. GV, PLEASE MAKE THEM A LATE ADD TO THE COACHELLA LINE-UP! Chime in, fellow fans!

captncrzy
02-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I bet Paul hasn't thought of this yet.

sin213
02-24-2009, 09:19 AM
FAITH NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PassiveTheory
02-24-2009, 09:19 AM
This is highly relevant and original content, good for you sir.

TallGuyCM
02-24-2009, 09:20 AM
I mean, yeah, Mike Patton's already gonna be there.

sin213
02-24-2009, 09:22 AM
there is a secret message imbedded in there....see if you can find it...

obzen
02-24-2009, 09:47 AM
its in the realm of possiblity now folks,
i fully support this tread

-now lets blow this mother fucker up-

Faith No More and Metallica for late Add!!

sin213
02-24-2009, 09:48 AM
take metallica out of that statement and I'll support it.

metallica post-black album == :poo

Jon Blazed
02-24-2009, 09:49 AM
no thanks

malcolmjamalawesome
02-24-2009, 10:00 AM
You fucks disgust me.

Gribbz
02-24-2009, 10:05 AM
I doubt Mike Patton would play 2 different sets a coachella. I'd support it though.

obzen
02-24-2009, 10:13 AM
metallica post-black album == :poo

eh-youre right there

technically,...and justice for all was their last great album

the black album was their last breath of air(decent) before they took the plunge

i merely stated them cause its still possible,but whatevs-

Faith No More for Late Add!!!!

sin213
02-24-2009, 10:19 AM
eh-youre right there

technically,...and justice for all was their last great album

the black album was their last breath of air(decent) before they took the plunge

agreed.

I doubt Mike Patton would play 2 different sets a coachella. I'd support it though.

very true. i was just saying the exact same thing to a friend that txted me wondering if they would be added this year. maybe next year, though...

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-24-2009, 10:46 AM
well i got to have faith! GETTHEFUCK-oh wait, wrong reunion thread.

the long grift
02-24-2009, 10:46 AM
FAITH NO MORE Reunion 'Confirmed' By MIKE PATTON's Publicist - Feb. 24, 2009

Former FAITH NO MORE singer Mike Patton's publicist has confirmed that the hugely influential '90s alt-metal band will reunite for a summer tour. At the moment, it appears that the group will only perform in Europe and there are absolutely no plans to tour the States.

The news was broken in the final line of a press release sent late Monday night (February 23) promoting Patton's involvement in the "major motion film 'Crank 2: High Voltage', which listed Patton's upcoming performance schedule, including a stop at the Coachella festival and "the highly anticipated reunion tour with FAITH NO MORE in Europe this summer."

As previously reported, a source close to guitarist Jim Martin, who was in FAITH NO MORE from 1983 until 1993, has told BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the axeman expressed interest in taking part in the reunion after being recently contacted by keyboardist Roddy Bottum and a member of FAITH NO MORE's management team, but that the band inexplicably decided to utilize a different guitarist ó believed to be one of several musicians that were in FAITH NO MORE following Martin's exit from the group ó for the upcoming dates.

Although Kerrang! magazine reported in November that a number of U.K. concert venues had been placed on hold for FAITH NO MORE dates next spring, bassist Billy Gould downplayed the speculation, saying, "If anything like this were to happen, it would have to come from the band, and I haven't spoken with any of them in over a year."

Meanwhile, U.K. promoter Andy Copping also said FAITH NO MORE's return this year was unlikely, telling Metal Hammer, "FAITH NO MORE haven't managed to get that PR machine together ... All of the band members haven't agreed to do it."

Martin left FAITH NO MORE in 1993 due to "internal conflicts" and was replaced by FNM singer Mike Patton's MR. BUNGLE bandmate Trey Spruance. Trey also exited soon after recording 1995's "King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime", just before the band was to begin a world tour. Spruance was replaced by Dean Menta, the band's guitar roadie. FAITH NO MORE's final studio CD, "Album of the Year", was released in 1997 and featured yet another new guitarist, Jon Hudson, who was a former roommate of Billy Gould.

PassiveTheory
02-24-2009, 10:48 AM
We know already. Go look in the music forum. It's not that hard to think before you post, k.

jonnypark
02-24-2009, 10:51 AM

Why not, Tom Morello did it. If Tom Morello did Mike Patton sure as fuck can too.

the long grift
02-24-2009, 10:52 AM
oops, sorry bout that, i guess... just found out, got excited, did not think to browse beforehand... shit, word travels fast... geez.

PassiveTheory
02-24-2009, 10:53 AM
You'll learn that the longer you stick around this place. Trust me, I've done it before too.

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Why not, Tom Morello did it. If Tom Morello did Mike Patton sure as fuck can too.

lol, and what a sad affair it was.

Gribbz
02-24-2009, 10:54 AM
That's a good point.

I still highly doubt this will happen though.

Gribbz
02-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Tom Morello trying to sing. Yeah...........

obzen
02-24-2009, 11:01 AM
:lool

Tom Morello trying to sing

beavington
02-24-2009, 11:51 AM
...or just say fuck it and do it anyway...

redthreat
02-24-2009, 11:58 AM
yeah, who cares. this place is a fucking echo-chamber...

NightGoat
02-24-2009, 12:19 PM
That's a good point.

I still highly doubt this will happen though.

Mike Patton did one set a day at Roskilde a few years back

coachile
02-24-2009, 01:13 PM
ok guys, after reading this today

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1605707/20090224/faith_no_more.jhtml
and even thou they mention "sorry coachella fans, european tour only" and mike patton is already confirmed...

i'm sure FAITH NO MORE will be the headliner this year.

I'M SURE THEY WILL!!!

hope hope hope

YES WE CAN!

coachile
02-24-2009, 01:14 PM
'cause seriously, the killers????? no way

Jon Blazed
02-24-2009, 01:32 PM
you guys are killing me

Bubba hotep
02-24-2009, 02:14 PM
IMHO This would be as good as the Prince add last year.

Bubba hotep
02-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Faith No More Dream Set

From Out Of Nowhere
Crack Hitler
Midlife Crisis
Stripsearch
Cuckoo for Caca
The Gentle Art Of Making Enemies
The Real Thing
As The Worm Turns
Zombie Eaters
Everything's Ruined
Helpless
A Small Victory
WoodPecker From Mars

Encore:
We Care A Lot
Falling to Pieces
Malpractice
Just A Man

obzen
02-24-2009, 03:13 PM

yeah,a serious treat

hear that GV?!

A SERIOUS TREAT

esy191
02-24-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm sure I've said this before on other FNM threads, but a Faith No More add would (for me) automatically make this the best Coachella ever.

AUTOMATICALLY

How bout this guys: no one buy tickets for saturday so that GV runs into a financial crisis for that day and they have to bring in a Prince-style emergency headliner in the form of Faith No More. Ok sweet, let's do it.

graffixload
02-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Faith No More Dream Set

Encore:
Falling to Pieces
Malpractice
Just A Man

Nailed it!

Damn, Just A Man would be soooooo.......EPIC!

normalone75
02-24-2009, 04:53 PM
YES! I was thinking of the same...what day is Patton and Rahzel? we cant have Faith Conflicting with Patton hahahahahaha!

esy191
02-24-2009, 05:07 PM
YES! I was thinking of the same...what day is Patton and Rahzel? we cant have Faith Conflicting with Patton hahahahahaha!

Patton & Rahzel = Friday

Faith No More = Saturday (in my wet dreams)

Bubba hotep
02-24-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm sure I've said this before on other FNM threads, but a Faith No More add would (for me) automatically make this the best Coachella ever.

AUTOMATICALLY

How bout this guys: no one buy tickets for saturday so that GV runs into a financial crisis for that day and they have to bring in a Prince-style emergency headliner in the form of Faith No More. Ok sweet, let's do it.

After some thought... Yes, best Coachella ever. Paul McCartney,
Faith No More, The Cure. Come on GV you have the power!!

Jon Blazed
02-24-2009, 05:44 PM
I suppose you put anyone's name between those two and it will look good.

Bubba hotep
02-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Does that "RagePatton" guy know about this yet? He is probably going to literally shit himself.

Bubba hotep
02-24-2009, 05:47 PM
I suppose you put anyone's name between those two and it will look good.
That's a damn good point, but put FNM in there and it looks fucking fantastic.

NightGoat
02-24-2009, 05:58 PM
FNM would be a pretty good choice, but I'd take a Bungle reunion over an FNM reunion any day.

obzen
02-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Does that "RagePatton" guy know about this yet?

old news.

deeznutz
02-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Faith No More would be sweet!

reverendalexg
02-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Wow...this is the real deal. I would shit myself for this setlist. I would only add "Evidence" and "Surprise! You're Dead!" Good work.

Faith No More Dream Set

From Out Of Nowhere
Crack Hitler
Midlife Crisis
Stripsearch
Cuckoo for Caca
The Real Thing
As The Worm Turns
Zombie Eaters
Everything's Ruined
Helpless
A Small Victory
WoodPecker From Mars

Encore:
Falling to Pieces
Malpractice
Just A Man

obzen
02-24-2009, 07:05 PM
"Surprise! You're Dead!"

^if they opened up w/that-the pit would really tear some new assholes!

rage patton
02-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Dear Paul Tollet,

Please work on adding Faith No More to Coachella this year. I know this is not a new idea, as I am sure you have been trying to get Faith No More this year already. Rumours have been swirling around for months about a reunion, so I am sure you picked up on them. Now, as of today Febuary 23, 2009, Faith No More are officialy reuniting for a summer tour. However, they claim this tour will occur in Europe only. They said they have no plans to tour North America. "Tour" is the keyword here.
If anyone will be able to bring Faith No More to this side of the ocean, I know it is you. This Coachella line up this year is fantastic already, but I cannot describe to you in words what Faith No More would do to this line up for me, as well as many others. It would be the biggest North American festival grab of the year.
If you cannot get Faith No More, I completely understand. I know you are trying. This is not a request, but rather, more of a message of encouragement. So, thank you Paul Tollet. Thank you for Coachella, and thank you for working on getting Faith No More to play Coachella. I know you are.

Sincerely
- Josh (A.K.A. rage patton)

DropletsOfYes&No
02-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Dear Paul Tollet,

Please work on adding Faith No More to Coachella this year. I know this is not a new idea, as I am sure you have been trying to get Faith No More this year already. Rumours have been swirling around for months about a reunion, so I am sure you picked up on them. Now, as of today Febuary 23, 2009, Faith No More are officialy reuniting for a summer tour. However, they claim this tour will occur in Europe only. They said they have no plans to tour North America. "Tour" is the keyword here.
If anyone will be able to bring Faith No More to this side of the ocean, I know it is you. This Coachella line up this year is fantastic already, but I cannot describe to you in words what Faith No More would do to this line up for me, as well as many others. It would be the biggest North American festival grab of the year.
If you cannot get Faith No More, I completely understand. I know you are trying. This is not a request, but rather, more of a message of encouragement. So, thank you Paul Tollet. Thank you for Coachella, and thank you for working on getting Faith No More to play Coachella. I know you are.

Sincerely
- Josh (A.K.A. rage patton)

Did you fax it?

Zippy024
02-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Faith No More headlining on Saturday Night would be pretty cool. I hope it happens.

bodydown
02-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Faith No More Dream Set

From Out Of Nowhere
Crack Hitler
Midlife Crisis
Stripsearch
Cuckoo for Caca
The Real Thing
As The Worm Turns
Zombie Eaters
Everything's Ruined
Helpless
A Small Victory
WoodPecker From Mars

Encore:
Falling to Pieces
Malpractice
Just A Man

Gotta add

evidence
Last cup of Sorrow
Ashes to Ashes

jonnypark
02-24-2009, 10:35 PM

You are out of your fucking element.

Duvel
02-24-2009, 10:55 PM
yes, pls!!!!

nbvwes
02-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Did you fax it?

odd post for somebody to go out of their way to sign up for an account and make only one post... dont ya think?

DropletsOfYes&No
02-25-2009, 05:25 AM
odd post for somebody to go out of their way to sign up for an account and make only one post... dont ya think?

No what is odd is that you didnt look to see that I had this account in January and I just didnt use it. So you assumed something you have no Idea about. This thread is about Faith No More at least I thought not whether I have put up a post or not. Faith No More for 09 if not Mr Bungle on Sunday!!!

JSam67
02-25-2009, 05:33 AM
This Coachella line up this year is fantastic already, but I cannot describe to you in words what Faith No More would do to this line up for me, as well as many others. It would be the biggest North American festival grab of the year.

I know you love this band, rage, but this is absurd.

obzen
02-25-2009, 06:12 AM
GV-do it!!!

Bubba hotep
02-25-2009, 07:56 AM
You are out of your fucking element.

Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm o.k...thanks.

Bubba hotep
02-25-2009, 07:57 AM
I read over at blabbermouth it will be Hudson on guitar not Jim Martin.

obzen
02-25-2009, 08:31 AM
as each hour passes,i think of the prospect of Faith No More playing Coachella this year and i ask,why not!?

beavington
02-25-2009, 08:54 AM
as each hour passes,i think of the prospect of Faith No More playing Coachella this year and i ask,why not!?

I would think this would happen. I really do not see any reason for it to not. But lets hope it is in the works.

brando4n82
02-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Getting Faith No More would be greater than any other band that Coachella has ever grabbed, From Rage, to Prince...maybe even Daft Punk.

EVIDENCE!

beavington
02-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Faith No More Dream Set

From Out Of Nowhere
Crack Hitler
Midlife Crisis
Stripsearch
Cuckoo for Caca
The Real Thing
As The Worm Turns
Zombie Eaters
Everything's Ruined
Helpless
A Small Victory
WoodPecker From Mars

Encore:
Falling to Pieces
Malpractice
Just A Man

I would like Angel Dust performed with some other songs added in (namely "As The Worm Turns") if i could have my way. I like when Mike Patton sings Chucks songs.

beavington
02-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Getting Faith No More would be greater than any other band that Coachella has ever grabbed, From Rage, to Prince...maybe even Daft Punk.

EVIDENCE!

i dont think so.

captncrzy
02-25-2009, 09:37 AM

EVIDENCE!

Let's get off the ledge, shall we?

rage patton
02-25-2009, 09:48 AM
I know you love this band, rage, but this is absurd.

How so? If it was their ONLY North American appearance, it would be the biggest festival grab in North America. What other festival this year has a band reuniting for a one off show? One as big as Faith No More for that matter? Which one? I'll tell you. None. Faith No More would be the biggest festival grab of the year, unless someone gets The Smiths, Bowie, Talkings Heads, etc., etc. But they would have to be a one off.

n3glect
02-25-2009, 10:15 AM
I, sadly, have to agree with Rage. Even Album of the Year sold over a million copies.

All albums combined, they've sold more than several past headliners.

If Coachella had them as an exclusive U.S. show.. That'd be a huge coup.

I'm not sure that people would believe it though. I can see the logic now: "Oh they're touring Europe, they'll come here eventually."

It'll certainly sell more tickets. Would it be a draw of Rage Against the Machine proportions? Probably not.

But I do think they'd be a bigger draw than most of the other reunions, such as Bauhaus, Cocteau, Daft Punk, etc.

rage patton
02-25-2009, 10:21 AM
It definately wouldn't be as big as Rage Against The Machine, but it would certainly be a bigger draw than Daft Punk in 06. If Faith No More are added, I don't think they would headline. But they would be a solid subheadliner addition to any of the days.

Bubba hotep
02-25-2009, 10:30 AM
It definately wouldn't be as big as Rage Against The Machine, but it would certainly be a bigger draw than Daft Punk in 06. If Faith No More are added, I don't think they would headline. But they would be a solid subheadliner addition to any of the days.

This is headliner material fo sho. The only artists on the bill bigger than FNM are Paul and The Cure.

Jon Blazed
02-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Puscifer eats Faith No More for breakfest. Sorry, kids...

Bubba hotep
02-25-2009, 10:38 AM

Puscifer have named themselves correctly. Sorry, dude...

beavington
02-25-2009, 10:45 AM
This is headliner material fo sho. The only artists on the bill bigger than FNM are Paul and The Cure.

I do not recall Faith No More being that popular outside of a small cult following. They are in no way bigger than everyone on the bill minus Sir Paul and Fat Bob.
But this is the same board that thought My Bloody Valentine were actual headliners. THat is it, they are about as big as My Bloody Valentine.

Jon Blazed
02-25-2009, 10:52 AM
just not as good...

n3glect
02-25-2009, 11:16 AM
I do not recall Faith No More being that popular outside of a small cult following. They are in no way bigger than everyone on the bill minus Sir Paul and Fat Bob.
But this is the same board that thought My Bloody Valentine were actual headliners. THat is it, they are about as big as My Bloody Valentine.

Um.

Faith No More :
The Big Thing - 3+ Million Records Sold
Angel Dust - 3+ Million Records Sold
King for a Day - 1.5+ Million Records Sold
Album of the Year - 2+ Million Records Sold

n3glect
02-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Those are worldwide figures, BTW.

obzen
02-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Um.

Faith No More :
The Big Thing - 3+ Million Records Sold
Angel Dust - 3+ Million Records Sold
King for a Day - 1.5+ Million Records Sold
Album of the Year - 2+ Million Records Sold

The Real Thing?

obzen
02-25-2009, 12:16 PM

agreed-and even at subheadliner-it would be the biggest get for a North American festival

unless of course,The Smiths/David Bowie are added

Sexecutioner
02-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Faith No More Dream Set

From Out Of Nowhere
Crack Hitler
Midlife Crisis
Stripsearch
Cuckoo for Caca
The Real Thing
As The Worm Turns
Zombie Eaters
Everything's Ruined
Helpless
A Small Victory
WoodPecker From Mars

Encore:
Falling to Pieces
Malpractice
Just A Man

thats a pretty awesome setlist. i love how woodpecker ends the normal set, then just a man closes the encore set. damn, im going to go listen to some faith no more right now.

KungFuJay
02-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Yeah, they wouldn't play their biggest hit or anything.:rolleyes

Down Rodeo
02-25-2009, 02:02 PM
No War Pigs on that setlist. That song would be a necessity.

Bubba hotep
02-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Yeah, they wouldn't play their biggest hit or anything.:rolleyes

It says dream set.

Bubba hotep
02-25-2009, 02:14 PM
thats a pretty awesome setlist. i love how woodpecker ends the normal set, then just a man closes the encore set. damn, im going to go listen to some faith no more right now.

Thanks man!

psycobetabuckdown
02-25-2009, 02:16 PM
I think anyone who thinks they're as big as MBV are just people who never personally listened to them. Faith No More was mainstream, and they'd still be basically headliner, although nowadays The Killers are still probably a bigger draw.

Bubba hotep
02-25-2009, 02:21 PM

http://www.muzieklijstjes.nl/Kerrang50influential.htm

beavington
02-25-2009, 02:32 PM

thats a magazines opinion. I never trust a critic anyway.

but that doesnt mean they are more popular than everyone else.

reverendalexg
02-25-2009, 02:56 PM

Fine. You're totally right. Feel better?

obzen
02-25-2009, 04:22 PM

i have that one,good issue-Kerrang has mad clout!!
-way better than US publications

thats where i first heard about Faith No More reuniting!!

Sexecutioner
02-25-2009, 04:25 PM

Morrissey is the only non-headliner on the lineup that might be bigger than FNM. And even that is debatable.

sin213
02-25-2009, 04:37 PM

lol...no way, jon. now you're just talking crazy. we were both at that puscifer show. it wasn't that great.

FNM would be a huge add. Easily replace The Killers as headliner on sat...no question.

beavington
02-25-2009, 09:32 PM
its getting a little delusional here...it would still be a great add

JSam67
02-25-2009, 10:41 PM
If Faith No More are added, I don't think they would headline. But they would be a solid subheadliner addition to any of the days.

By saying this, you acknowledge that FNM wouldn't be the biggest get of any North American festival this year. Look, you have an opinion that this is one of the greatest bands ever. Yes, they have plenty of fans. But if they can't headline, then I don't care how many times they're playing over here or not, they're NOT the biggest festival get. They would only be, sentimentally, for you and some others.

obzen
02-26-2009, 06:29 AM
^
likes the killers:)

Bubba hotep
02-26-2009, 08:01 AM
The official statement from the band:

Faith No More has always stood out as some sort of unique beast; part dog, part cat--its music almost as schizophrenic as the personalities of its members. When it all worked, it worked really well, even if the chemistry was always volatile. Throughout our 17years of existence, the mental and physical energy required to sustain this creature was considerable and relentless. Though amicable enough, when we finally split, we all followed paths seemingly destined to opposite ends of the universe.

Yet during the entire 10 years that have passed since our decision to break up we've experienced constant rumors and requests from fans and promoters alike. Nevertheless, for whatever reason, none of us kept in regular touch, much less to discuss any possibilities of getting together.

What's changed is that this year, for the first time, we've all decided to sit down together and talk about it. And what we've discovered is that time has afforded us enough distance to look back on our years together through a clearer lens and made us realize that through all the hard work, the music still sounds good, and we are beginning to appreciate the fact that we might have actually done something right.

Meanwhile we find ourselves at a moment in time with zero label obligations, still young and strong enough to deliver a kickass set, with enthusiasm to not only revisit our past but possibly add something to the present. And so with this we've decided to hold our collective breaths and jump off this cliff....
BACK, GOD FORBID, INTO THE MONKEY CAGE!!!

We can only hope that the experience of playing together again will yield results erratic and unpredictable enough to live up to the legacy of FNM.
Who know where this will end or what it will bring up...only the future knows. But we are about to find out!

FAITH NO MORE are:
Mike Bordin, Roddy Bottum, Bill Gould, Jon Hudson and Mike Patton

http://www.fnm.com/news

Jon Blazed
02-26-2009, 08:44 AM
lol...no way, jon. now you're just talking crazy. we were both at that puscifer show. it wasn't that great.

FNM would be a huge add. Easily replace The Killers as headliner on sat...no question.

I'll admit that the Puscifer concert wasn't that great but Maynard's voice and creativity is about 1,000,000x's better than Patton. FAITH NO MORE FUCKIN SUCKS, they always have and always will. Faith No More is a joke and I can't believe you assholes are acting like they once were good. Sure they might have been BIG...but so were Z Cavariccis. And sure they might be an influential band but they are influential to some of the shittiest bands around today like AFI, My Chemical Romance, Korn, Limp Bizkit and System of A Down. I seriously hope that this 'hard on' that Coachella seems to have for Patton doesn't blossom into a FNM reunion at Coachella.

reverendalexg
02-26-2009, 08:54 AM
FAITH NO MORE FUCKIN SUCKS, they always have and always will. Faith No More is a joke and I can't believe you assholes are acting like they once were good.
Wow, you sure told us! Why in the fuck are you in this thread if you hate this band so much? Get a fuckin' life. I'm sure there are some bands you love that other people don't think much of...

Drewski27
02-26-2009, 09:31 AM
"i do cocaine!"

Bubba hotep
02-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Wow, you sure told us! Why in the fuck are you in this thread if you hate this band so much? Get a fuckin' life. I'm sure there are some bands you love that other people don't think much of...

Totally right on. Go listen to Undertow and play with your Star Wars action figures.

stinkbutt
02-26-2009, 09:44 AM
FAITH NO MORE are:
Mike Bordin, Roddy Bottum, Bill Gould, Jon Hudson and Mike Patton

Told yall no Jim

kinda lame but still going to try and see this

obzen
02-26-2009, 10:01 AM
they might be an influential band but they are influential to some of the shittiest bands around today

is that the only shit you can think of??
you forgot Sepultura,Deftones,Tool and a slew of other talented Metal acts that came before 95

and dont forget about Bjork-she jocks everything Patton does:thu

obzen
02-26-2009, 10:05 AM
"i do cocaine!"
im through with coke in the desert:)

Bubba hotep
02-26-2009, 10:32 AM
is that the only shit you can think of??
you forgot Sepultura,Deftones,Tool and a slew of other talented Metal acts that came before 95

and dont forget about Bjork-she jocks everything Patton does:thu

Oh my, Jon Blazed is gettin Flamed!

beavington
02-26-2009, 12:00 PM
im through with coke in the desert:)

dont say such things.

scoop49er
02-26-2009, 02:04 PM
I'll admit that the Puscifer concert wasn't that great but Maynard's voice and creativity is about 1,000,000x's better than Patton. FAITH NO MORE FUCKIN SUCKS, they always have and always will. Faith No More is a joke and I can't believe you assholes are acting like they once were good. Sure they might have been BIG...but so were Z Cavariccis. And sure they might be an influential band but they are influential to some of the shittiest bands around today like AFI, My Chemical Romance, Korn, Limp Bizkit and System of A Down. I seriously hope that this 'hard on' that Coachella seems to have for Patton doesn't blossom into a FNM reunion at Coachella.

to each his own...but faith no more will happen!

Bubba hotep
02-26-2009, 02:26 PM
to each his own...but faith no more will happen!

I love your optimism. Let us pray!

NightGoat
02-26-2009, 02:35 PM
I find it very odd that they're getting back together, considering that most of the members have been saying for years that a reunion was out of the question.

reverendalexg
02-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Who's up for a Euro trip?

Bubba hotep
02-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Who's up for a Euro trip?

Goddamn that would be amazing if I was not broke as a joke.
My only hope is for GV to come through.

obzen
02-26-2009, 02:46 PM
long shot

but its a long shot i want!!!

Jeancarlo Aldana
02-26-2009, 07:11 PM
3 words... FAITH NO MORE
nothing else matters, please Paul & all the GV team, bring us the magnificent FNM once again
See ya there!!!
JAM
www.rajasproducciones.com

Bubba hotep
02-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Look at what this writer from Rolling Stone is saying. Hmmmm.
It's getting warmer?

No tour dates have been revealed yet, but itís been reiterated that the reunion will only cover Europe. Still, Mike Patton has a solo slot at Coachella, a festival the band was rumored to play even before the reunion was announced, so festivalgoers might just catch FNM in the states after all. Read the bandís entire statement after the jump:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/02/26/faith-no-more-confirm-reunion-reveal-lineup/

obzen
02-27-2009, 09:40 AM
its like im on 24-hour FNM-watch.

Bubba hotep
02-27-2009, 09:49 AM
its like im on 24-hour FNM-watch.

I know, it fucking great. Can you image if they did a new record. :dumbo

obzen
02-27-2009, 10:01 AM
i can but not yet-

:rolleyesi just want to see Faith No More live...

rage patton
02-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Look at what this writer from Rolling Stone is saying. Hmmmm.
It's getting warmer?

No tour dates have been revealed yet, but itís been reiterated that the reunion will only cover Europe. Still, Mike Patton has a solo slot at Coachella, a festival the band was rumored to play even before the reunion was announced, so festivalgoers might just catch FNM in the states after all. Read the bandís entire statement after the jump:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/02/26/faith-no-more-confirm-reunion-reveal-lineup/

Oh god... please let this happen. PLEASE!

scoop49er
02-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Oh god... please let this happen. PLEASE!

its gonna happen RagePatton. start the thread for us FNM fanatics to get together before their legendary set! :)

DruggyFestivalGuy
02-27-2009, 08:36 PM
You go to a lot of festivals, Scooper. Do you need a druggy festival guy to hang with you?

Gribbz
02-27-2009, 08:37 PM
You go to a lot of festivals, Scooper. Do you need a druggy festival guy to hang with you?

I think we all do.

obzen
02-27-2009, 08:37 PM
:dumbodude-scooper i take back all the bad things i said bout ya man!!!:pulse

rage patton
02-27-2009, 08:39 PM
its gonna happen RagePatton. start the thread for us FNM fanatics to get together before their legendary set! :)

Scooper... I will love you forever if this reunion pans out. You are generally a nice guy around the boards here, so don't take this personally, but I can't trust you on this one. No offence. But if it does... you are getting a hug at Coachella!

obzen
02-27-2009, 08:44 PM
scoop,just outta curiosity-are you going out on a limb or have you been roundin the rumor mill??

malcolmjamalawesome
02-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Scooper fabricates the rumor mill. So both.

You came from out of noooooowheeeeeeerererererererere

rage patton
02-27-2009, 09:00 PM
2ewckqytgLM

My glaaaaaaaance tuuuuurns to a staaaare...

scoop49er
02-27-2009, 09:08 PM
the only thing ive heard is the possible san francisco warmup show in april... other than that coachella is just a wet dream for me at this point! :)

obzen
02-27-2009, 09:11 PM
man,this Faith No More reunion gig better go down or ill be personally disappointed in GV for not acqiuring them-they already have Patton there for that weekend-why cant they get 'em??
Besides,Patton apparently likes GV(Paul T)or else he wouldnt be here again-i just wouldnt understand if they dont end up here-Rage Against the Machine reunited in Indio before they went off to Europe,so what the fuck?!,
they better get them...

scoop49er
02-27-2009, 09:15 PM
faith no more would be fucking amazing... the lineup at coachella is solid as is so im good with or without them but if they are there,, they will be the highlight of the festival for me....

obzen
02-27-2009, 09:20 PM
yeah,im all set and satisfied as far as the overall fest goes-but im still waiting on being blown away-as they put it...

Coachella would easily be the best again

w/o a doubt:afu

Bubba hotep
02-27-2009, 10:26 PM
I really think the rolling stone article is pretty significant. I mean why would he write that?

captncrzy
02-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Scooper fabricates the rumor mill. So both.

Oh, the truth you speak

obzen
02-28-2009, 07:54 AM
:nono

Bubba hotep
02-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Please GV!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1EN5P_wTLKc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1EN5P_wTLKc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bubba hotep
03-02-2009, 08:26 AM
More rumblings from Rolling Stone.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/02/27/after-faith-no-more-is-there-hope-for-other-long-shot-reunions/

rage patton
03-02-2009, 09:23 AM
GAH!

This is killing me!!!

Bubba hotep
03-02-2009, 06:43 PM
First date of tour officially confirmed. Download Festival UK
Lucky Bastards!!!

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/FNM010309.aspx

Please GV Please !!!

obzen
03-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Download is a good Metal festival-i knew theyd play at least one of those fests-Donnington just seemed to be the right place

captncrzy
03-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Stop begging, bitches. If Paul can get them, he will. What do you want him to do? Kidnap them at gunpoint?

obzen
03-03-2009, 07:46 AM
yeah-why not?

hes only gotta get 4 of em.

Mike Tattoo
03-04-2009, 11:18 AM
the only thing ive heard is the possible san francisco warmup show in april... ! :)

Interesting ....

Where did you hear that from?

reverendalexg
03-04-2009, 11:51 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=115517

The reunited FAITH NO MORE has been confirmed for Germany's Hurricane and Southside festivals, set to take place June 19-21 at Eichenring in ScheeŖel and Take Off Park in Neuhausen ob Eck, respectively. Also scheduled to appear are DISTURBED and EAGLES OF DEATH METAL, among many others.

Germany, anyone?

obzen
03-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Interesting ....

Where did you hear that from?

well they are from the bay-area:rolleyes

BillyHate
03-04-2009, 10:36 PM
The Black album is definitely Metallica's sell by date.

Mike Tattoo
03-04-2009, 11:16 PM
well they are from the bay-area:rolleyes

Interesting....

Where

Did

You

Hear

That

From ????

WWW.THEOUTERSUNSET.COM

obzen
03-05-2009, 06:14 AM
...:)

Mike Tattoo
03-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Fair enough, I suppose.

One fan to another, if anyone out there does have a solid lead on any future San Francisco secret shows Ė what alias they will be using or venues playing, PLEASE let me know. Iíll represent and then report back to the group. Iíd sure as hell do the same for you guys if the positions were reversed.

I was thinking last night if FNM ever did to decide to tour again in the US who Iíd like to see them withÖ.

Right now Iím toying with a BOO YAA Tribe, SADE, Faith No More line up. I was really digging that idea Ö

reverendalexg
03-05-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm on board for this. I have some unreliable spies up in SF that come through every once in a while, so hopefully the moon will be blue for FNM.

That's a solid line-up, if only for the fact that we might be able to hear "Another Body Murdered" live. I'm gonna go Deftones and Secret Chiefs 3...

obzen
03-05-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm gonna go Deftones and Secret Chiefs 3...

???

NightGoat
03-05-2009, 11:17 AM
They will NOT play with Secret Chiefs 3. I can guarantee that.

reverendalexg
03-05-2009, 11:28 AM
They will NOT play with Secret Chiefs 3. I can guarantee that.

I was serious, of course. But while on the subject, I don't think it was Trevor Dunn who Patton had a problem with in Bungle...or do I have my facts wrong here?

In other news, Gould updated his Twitter to say rehearsals are going well and that "By the end of May we should be completely dialed in." End of May is not 4/17-4/19. Boo.

NightGoat
03-05-2009, 11:32 AM
It's Trey Spruance that he had a problem with, who is the guitarist for SC3. He's fine with Dunn, he plays bass in Fantomas after all. I wouldn't be shocked if he tried to get the Melvins to open.

reverendalexg
03-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Fkn A...I'm slippin'. Of course. Brain fart, my bad. Good call on the Melvins, but I'm a little tired of them.

Mike Tattoo
03-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm on board for this. I have some unreliable spies up in SF that come through every once in a while, so hopefully the moon will be blue for FNM.

Thanks, man. I appreciate that.

Bubba hotep
03-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Paul, get on the phone with Patton, tell him Whinehouse cancelled and it's an emergency!!

Faith No More saves the Saturday!!

obzen
03-09-2009, 10:16 AM
^:thu

esy191
03-09-2009, 07:47 PM
All we can do is plead.

qYzehC2xSbs

please?

beavington
03-11-2009, 12:19 PM
^:thu

So obzen are you looking forward to Disturbed cover of Midlife Crisis?

obzen
03-11-2009, 01:38 PM
fuck disturbed!!!

tryin to be a wise-guy,eh!?

beavington
03-11-2009, 02:44 PM
haha no i just read that and thought of this board. and how much everyone loves disturbed you know..it was done out of love.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-11-2009, 03:17 PM
get up, get down with the sickness

reverendalexg
03-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Zzz...

Bubba hotep
03-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Latest from Billy's Twitter page in response to questions regarding their musical importance.
http://tinyurl.com/bjd3hj

Bubba hotep
03-14-2009, 09:43 AM
http://twitter.com/MRGOULD

Bubba hotep
03-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Check out the latest issue of Kerrang.
http://www2.kerrang.com/newissue/

esy191
03-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks for all these updates Bubba.

You da best!

Bubba hotep
03-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Very suspicious update on Billy Goulds twitter.

http://twitter.com/MRGOULD

rage patton
03-16-2009, 10:01 PM
I have been following Mr. Goulds updates very carefully... news is comming.

weeklymix
03-16-2009, 10:54 PM
ditto. hopefully some GREAT news.

obzen
03-17-2009, 09:20 AM
hopefully its news regarding them playing in Indio...

has anyone tweeted Gould on the prospect of playing the Polo Fields this year?

Bubba hotep
03-17-2009, 09:57 AM
hopefully its news regarding them playing in Indio...

Someone should. I sent him a Facebook message regarding such.

obzen
03-17-2009, 11:55 AM
^fuckin please Faith No More,PLEASE!!

obzen
03-17-2009, 11:58 AM
i have an idea-how about someone hit Gould at one of his contacts and provide a link to the threads we have on this forum that pertain to Faith No More-hell get the picture.

Bubba hotep
03-17-2009, 12:07 PM
i have an idea-how about someone hit Gould at one of his contacts and provide a link to the threads we have on this forum that pertain to Faith No More-hell get the picture.

Done.

rage patton
03-17-2009, 12:12 PM

I told you I already did. He didnt reply to me. Curiously though, a few hours after I asked him the question, he sent out the twitter message saying this...

In answer to your questions of shows outside the EU, especially from Brazil and Australia, yes, we are thinking of coming there.

I wonder why he didn't mention NA... :(

In other news...

someone translate this shit pronto!!! (http://g1.globo.com/Noticias/Musica/0,,MUL1042068-7085,00-DEPOIS+DO+MYSPACE+BANDAS+USAM+TWITTER+PARA+SE+COMU NICAR+DIRETO+COM+OS+FAS.html)

scoop49er
03-17-2009, 12:16 PM
coachella is not happening...

but outside lands will happen....

and they will be a part of something in the u.s. in late summer! :)

count on it! :)

Bubba hotep
03-17-2009, 12:16 PM
I told you I already did. He didnt reply to me. Curiously though, a few hours after I asked him the question, he sent out the twitter message saying this...

I wonder why he didn't mention NA... :(

In other news...

someone translate this shit pronto!!! (http://g1.globo.com/Noticias/Musica/0,,MUL1042068-7085,00-DEPOIS+DO+MYSPACE+BANDAS+USAM+TWITTER+PARA+SE+COMU NICAR+DIRETO+COM+OS+FAS.html)

It says Faith No More are fucking awesome! We can't wait until they hit Brazil on their reunion tour! Suck it America !! :(

Bubba hotep
03-17-2009, 12:18 PM

Source please.

rage patton
03-17-2009, 12:20 PM

Scooper. Don't be rediculous. You are a good guy and I appreciate your FNM enthusiasm... but you have been wrong about fucking EVERYTHING so far this year. Please stop.

It says Faith No More are fucking awesome! We can't wait until they hit Brazil on their reunion tour! Suck it America !! :(

Thanks for the translation. Booooooo Brazil!

Source please.

Just ignore him. He has no sources. And if he does, they are always wrong.

Bubba hotep
03-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Scooper. Don't be rediculous. You are a good guy and I appreciate your FNM enthusiasm... but you have been wrong about fucking EVERYTHING so far this year. Please stop.

Thanks for the translation. Booooooo Brazil!

Just ignore him. He has no sources. And if he does, they are always wrong.

Noted. *takes Scooper with a grain of salt henceforth*

Bubba hotep
03-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Im starting to believe, what with Patton already being there and all, That if FNM don't play it will be a huge fail.

obzen
03-17-2009, 01:03 PM
yes it will be a huge fuckin fail,for GV-theres no excuse for them now.
thats the way i see it,plain and simple.

i called Donnington last month,but as for fuckin lucky Brazil-i say they play Rock In Rio...fuckin lucky fucks.:mad:

rage patton
03-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Im starting to believe, what with Patton already being there and all, That if FNM don't play it will be a huge fail.

Faith No More at Coachella isn't happening. This comes straight from mouth (uhhh... twitter?) of Billy Gould...

First rehearsal was good! Much better than expected. By the end of May we should be completely dialed in.

Sorry guys. Accept it. I have.

scoop49er
03-17-2009, 02:08 PM
rage patton, u r a cool guy as well, but fuck off when it comes to faith no more... ive been down the road too long with FNM so if i say i know something about them, it is what it is.. everything else is always rumours, but dont challenge me on FNM...

thank you.. :)

rage patton
03-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Im not challenging you on FNM specifically. Just rumours in general. Im not trying to pick a fight with you. It just seems your "sources" are wrong more often then not.

If Faith No More play Outside Lands I will give you a great big hug at Coachella. If they don't play OSL, it is just further evidence...

boarderwoozel3
03-17-2009, 02:11 PM
So you're saying that you didn't really know what you were talking about in the past but this time you do? Furthermore, your outspoken fanaticism of FMN leads me to believe even more that this could be wishful thinking.

Bubba hotep
03-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Faith No More at Coachella isn't happening. This comes straight from mouth (uhhh... twitter?) of Billy Gould...

Did he email you?

I don't see it on the page.

Bubba hotep
03-17-2009, 02:23 PM

For the right amount of Money they could bump up those rehearsal times and be ready. If my band rehearsed a FNM set 5 days a week until coachella we would be ready.

Bubba hotep
03-17-2009, 02:24 PM
and my band is no FNM

obzen
03-17-2009, 02:32 PM
So you're saying that you didn't really know what you were talking about in the past but this time you do? Furthermore, your outspoken fanaticism of FMN leads me to believe even more that this could be wishful thinking.
(stroking gesture)

obzen
03-17-2009, 02:38 PM
If my band rehearsed a FNM set 5 days a week until coachella we would be ready.

amen brother.
its not about executing the passages/arrangements-its all about transcending Faith No More!!

1 month is enough time,Period.

rage patton
03-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Just plan a trip to Europe like I am. If they play anywhere in the UK mid-ish July... then I am going to Europe. I will be broke after the trip. But it would be worth it.

http://www.fanfromhell.com.mx/portadas_blog/faithnomore_brixton.jpg

I have a feeling they are gonna do a string of shows at Brixton Academy.

Just a feeling.

obzen
03-17-2009, 05:20 PM

very possible.

Bubba hotep
03-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Just plan a trip to Europe like I am. If they play anywhere in the UK mid-ish July... then I am going to Europe. I will be broke after the trip. But it would be worth it.

http://www.fanfromhell.com.mx/portadas_blog/faithnomore_brixton.jpg

Just a feeling.

This is depressing. We are supposed to stay positive, a united front.

FNM FOR COACHELLA 09!! I AM NOT LOOSING HOPE.

obzen
03-17-2009, 06:48 PM
^yeah,im not either-the perpetual silver lining is that Patton is gonna be there-i think the slot has been offered to Faith No More already-its just a matter if theyll be ready by then and im sure GV is offering enough...

that might be why amy winehouse is up there on the bill and blantanly crossed out

its gonna go down to the wire...

jockeyfullofbourbon
03-17-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm already looking to take days off to see them at least 2 days in a row. Seen FNM once, Tomahawk twice, and Peeping Tom once. Met Patton at Coachella 07, and it was cool. Anyways, it might take them a few shows to get the kinks out.

jockeyfullofbourbon
03-17-2009, 07:22 PM
If these fuckers add FNM then I'll set aside my disdain for the Killers and go on Saturday. Otherwise, I'm going FRI/Sun.

rage patton
03-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Sorry guys. Don't mean to be a bummer. I just don't wanna get too excited, and then inevitably get let down.

If FNM are added EVERYONE is getting hugs from me.

EDIT: Oh, and...

Hey Guys, I'm happy to give you more band updates, but now we're in rehearsal mode. That's a bit boring to say over and over...isnt' it?

The more rehersals the better, right?

weeklymix
03-17-2009, 08:42 PM
If FNM are added EVERYONE is getting drugs from me.

these too?

rage patton
03-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Sorry. Im not full of that much love.

weeklymix
03-17-2009, 08:51 PM
that's fair.

i have to see faith no more live. i think it's time we all arrange a trip if our coachella wish falls short.

rage patton
03-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Madness and The Specials are playing a show together on July 17. I was thinking of going to Europe just for that. I am really hoping FNM play some Brixton shows within a week or so of that show. Or, I hope they get added to T in the Park in Scotland. That has a greatline up.

weeklymix
03-17-2009, 08:54 PM
now would be the time to check orbitz for flightz i suppose.

weeklymix
03-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Check it out "48+ songs." (http://twitter.com/MRGOULD)

rage patton
03-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Jesus...

Holy shit. If they play the entirety of Angel Dust live... I would die.

weeklymix
03-17-2009, 09:53 PM
i have mobile updates activated for mr. gould haha

need to see 'em.

crombrenner
03-18-2009, 06:29 AM
Angel Dust is by far and away their best album. One of my top ten all time!! I saw them at the Hollywood Palladium and at the Huntridge in Vegas on that tour and it was sick!!!

obzen
03-18-2009, 06:55 AM
Holy shit. If they play the entirety of Angel Dust live... I would die.
word to big-bird.

Bubba hotep
03-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Hey Guys, I'm happy to give you more band updates, but now we're in rehearsal mode. That's a bit boring to say over and over...isnt' it?

No. We wanna know what songs you are playing? Did you have coffee or orange juice before rehearsal? Who brought doughnuts to practice? Did you eat one? Did Patton eat one? What's the rehearsal room look like? Pretty much hanging on every word about one of our favorite bands getting back together.

rage patton
03-18-2009, 09:22 AM
I want to ask him how Puffy's dreads are doing.

scoop49er
03-18-2009, 10:06 AM
48+songs? thats pretty much 90 percent of their catalog! :) nice!

im assuming they will get it down to a solid 15-18 song set 75-90 min...

they need to play anne's song and death march....!!

Bubba hotep
03-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Speaking of FNM and Patton, anyone check this out yet.
Sounds pretty good.
http://www.myspace.com/cranksoundtrack

Bubba hotep
03-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Looks like Roddy has a twitter going too.
http://twitter.com/RODDYBOTTUM

jockeyfullofbourbon
03-18-2009, 04:09 PM
I've yet to see any proof of Patton's alleged bodily fluid incorporating stunts, but Roddy mentions one in Video Croissant. Myth, or true?

crombrenner
03-18-2009, 05:34 PM
I can attest to Mike Patton's bodily fluid stunts. When I saw FNM at the Huntridge in 1992 for the Angel Dust tiur, Mike took off his shoe, pissed in it, and then drank his own piss. Needless to say my jaw dropped to the ground and I will never forget that moment. Patton is a fucking rock god!!!!

obzen
03-18-2009, 07:21 PM
^this is all true.

crombrenner
03-18-2009, 07:43 PM
^this is all true.

Were you there as well? That was a great fucking show!! Now that I live in Cali, I miss the Huntridge. Saw some great shows there in the early 90's. Besides the FNM show, another one that I'll never forget was when Porno For Pyros played there with Tool opening up for them. Maynard still had his long hair and he had a green light shining down on him that made him look like a reptile. I was tripping balls at the time, and no matter where I stood in the room it seemed like he was staring right at me.
I also saw FNM right after that show down at the Hollywood Palladium. Unfortunately, I took a boot in the eye from some douchebag who was floating, but I didn't let it ruin the excellence that was FNM touring on Angel Dust. Is there anything better than RV live?

obzen
03-18-2009, 10:31 PM
"...i just tell them what my daddy told me,you aint never gonna amount to nothin'... "

crombrenner
03-19-2009, 06:28 AM
"I'm a swinging guy!! Throw a noose, over a shower curtain rod... And SWING!! Then toss me inside a hefty, and put meeee in the grooound"... Di di di du duu du

scoop49er
03-19-2009, 06:56 AM
I can attest to Mike Patton's bodily fluid stunts. When I saw FNM at the Huntridge in 1992 for the Angel Dust tiur, Mike took off his shoe, pissed in it, and then drank his own piss. Needless to say my jaw dropped to the ground and I will never forget that moment. Patton is a fucking rock god!!!!

i never saw him do that with FNM, but i saw him play with mr bungle new years eve 1992 with the melvins and primus and he did do the piss in the shoe and drink it trick...

i was right in the front at the time and it was not real!!

now ive heard that he has actually done this before and i would have no problem believing it as he is a fucking brilliant nuitcase, but at that show, that was some fake ass shit! but a great trick and everyone was shocked! :)

what a fucking awesome show! Primus-Mr bungle-The Melvins 1992!!!!

sbessiso
03-19-2009, 06:57 AM
peeing in your shoe and drinking it=brilliant nutcase?

k

xuclarockerx
03-19-2009, 07:28 AM

k

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28226

obzen
03-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Primus-Mr bungle-The Melvins 1992!!!!

that wouldve been fuckin rad to witness...

rage patton
03-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Primus-Mr bungle-The Melvins 1992!!!!

GAH!

*dies*

obzen
03-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Hey Goldenvoice,
bring on-
Faith No More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubba hotep
03-19-2009, 11:22 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CGex5VZB7T4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CGex5VZB7T4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jockeyfullofbourbon
03-19-2009, 04:13 PM

k

Take what the fan of a 3rd rate u2 says seriously. It is gospel you know.

obzen
03-19-2009, 05:10 PM
w/an 8th rate David Bowie for a frontman.

scoop49er
03-19-2009, 05:20 PM
that wouldve been fuckin rad to witness...

i lost 8 pounds that night from al the moshpitting and jumping up and down we did! i was 21 at the time and we drank like young fools and were stoned up the ass and fucking loved every minute. at midnight primus had a flying elivs come out from the top of the building and land on the stage and tons of confetti came out.....

mr bungle had alot of technical issues but got through it and when they did "love is a fist" the fucking place went insane!!

the mevlins were a underground band and did well but alot of people did not now them but they kicked ass..

primus was 90 min of pure bliss........... my favorite moment was there was this 250 pound 6 ft 3 woman woman who was in the pit and i got behind her and followed her while she was crushing the pit and got right to the front! :) and she got me high as fuck!!

good times...good times....

DropletsOfYes&No
03-19-2009, 05:30 PM
If it happens that FNM plays what would you like to see in the set list?

From Out of Nowhere
Ashes to Ashes
Crack Hitler
We Care A Lot
Surprize You're Dead
The Cowboy Song
A Small Victory
Evidence
Be Aggressive
Midlife Crisis
Edge of the World
Last Cup of Sorrow
Falling to Pieces
Ricochet
Easy
As the Worm Turns
Digging the Grave
Epic

obzen
03-19-2009, 05:32 PM
my favorite moment was there was this 250 pound 6 ft 3 woman woman who was in the pit and i got behind her and followed her while she was crushing the pit and got right to the front! :) and she got me high as fuck!!

so thats how you met your better half,eh?

j to the k man-i couldnt resist!:sorry

obzen
03-19-2009, 05:36 PM
If it happens that FNM plays what would you like to see in the set list?
anything man!
-for sure anything off Angeldust/The Real Thing
im thinkin Faith No More would easily be ready to rock by mid-April...

fuckin GV...:nono

:)

Bubba hotep
03-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Faith No More Dream Set

From Out Of Nowhere
Crack Hitler
Midlife Crisis
Stripsearch
Cuckoo for Caca
The Real Thing
As The Worm Turns
Zombie Eaters
Everything's Ruined
Helpless
A Small Victory
WoodPecker From Mars

Encore:
We Care A Lot
Falling to Pieces
Malpractice
Just A Man

Once again for page 2-3 nostalgia.

Bubba hotep
03-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Hearing them do Midlife Crisis again is going to be so fucking RAD!

DropletsOfYes&No
03-19-2009, 06:26 PM
I would be happy if they just did Angel Dust in its entirety. It was so funny back in 92 watching them open for Metallica and Guns N Roses. They were so amazing half of the people there didnt know what to think.

Bubba hotep
03-19-2009, 06:30 PM
DropletsOfYes&No is secretly Billy Gould testing the waters.

Bubba hotep
03-19-2009, 06:31 PM
It's cool we want you to come play.

DropletsOfYes&No
03-19-2009, 07:00 PM
DropletsOfYes&No is secretly Billy Gould testing the waters.

ha ha

obzen
03-19-2009, 07:26 PM
^whats up Bill?

Bubba hotep
03-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Found some footage of the guys getting ready for coachella, it's sounding great!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dXqTlOK82Fk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dXqTlOK82Fk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

weeklymix
03-19-2009, 09:51 PM
need this to happen

reverendalexg
03-20-2009, 12:24 PM
I saw Patton w/ Zu last night at Great American Music Hall. I just happened to be in SF for work and my buddy surprised me with some tickets. It was quintessential Patton. Noise, noise and more beautiful noise. I didn't get a chance to catch up with him to ask him about FNM, but I also didn't wanna be "that guy." Seeing him wail solo through an Italian ballad for an encore lit me the fuck up. I have to see to this reunion, dammit.

Bubba hotep
03-20-2009, 12:47 PM
I saw Patton w/ Zu last night at Great American Music Hall. I just happened to be in SF for work and my buddy surprised me with some tickets. It was quintessential Patton. Noise, noise and more beautiful noise. I didn't get a chance to catch up with him to ask him about FNM, but I also didn't wanna be "that guy." Seeing him wail solo through an Italian ballad for an encore lit me the fuck up. I have to see to this reunion, dammit.

I have to see to this reunion too.

NightGoat
03-20-2009, 01:17 PM
]
the mevlins were a underground band and did well but alot of people did not now them but they kicked ass..

The Melvins are amazing simply for the fact that they have yet to release one bad album in their 25 year career. Did you catch either of the shows they did @ the Troubadour last year? The double-drum set up they've got now is fucking phenomenal.

The Melvins should be added to Saturday

Bubba hotep
03-20-2009, 02:10 PM
The Melvins are amazing simply for the fact that they have yet to release one bad album in their 25 year career. Did you catch either of the shows they did @ the Troubadour last year? The double-drum set up they've got now is fucking phenomenal.

The Melvins should be added to Saturday

You liked "Prick"?

obzen
03-20-2009, 02:23 PM
The Melvins are great guys-lets just not get into anything-uhh too personal...:rolleyes

NightGoat
03-20-2009, 03:16 PM
You liked "Prick"?

Liked it just fine, but I was a big noise fan to begin with. "Colossus of Destiny" makes for some good listening too, it's just not as good as "Prick".

Patton has a few good noise albums as well

Bubba hotep
03-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Liked it just fine, but I was a big noise fan to begin with. "Colossus of Destiny" makes for some good listening too, it's just not as good as "Prick".

Patton has a few good noise albums as well

Yep, I have never been a big fan of "the noise" stuff. Pattons solo efforts to me are, at best masturbation. The only performer I really feel like mastered that art was Zorn, specifically with his Naked City and Film works albums. But hey.. that's just me.

Bubba hotep
03-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Especially this. Love it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fVxUqDzOGDQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fVxUqDzOGDQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

reverendalexg
03-20-2009, 04:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj91bY8LNKw

Bubba hotep
03-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Botany, the study of plants, occupies a peculiar position in the history of human knowledge. ,For many thousands of years it was the one field ,wow power leveling (http://www.wotlk-powerleveling.com),of awareness about which humans had anything more than the vaguest of insights. It is impossible to know today just what our Stone Age ancestors knew about plants, but form what we can observe of pre-industrial societies that still exist a detailed learning of plants and their properties must be extremely ancient.
,wow power leveling (http://www.superpowerleveling.com),
This is logical. Plants are the basis of the food pyramid for all living things even for other plants. They have always been enormously important to the welfare of people not only for food, but also for clothing, weapons, tools, dyes, medicines, shelter, and a great many other purposes. Tribes living today in the jungles of the Amazon recognize literally hundreds of plants and know many properties of each. To them, botany, as such, has no name and is probably not even recognized as a special branch of " knowledge" at all.wow gold (http://www.wowgoldvip.fr),

Unfortunately, the more industrialized we become the farther away we move from direct contact with plants, and the less distinct our knowledge of botany grows. Yet everyone comes unconsciously on an amazing amount of botanical knowledge, and few people will fail to recognize a rose,an apple, or an orchid.flyff penya (http://www.flyff-penya.com), When our Neolithic ancestors, living in the Middle East about 10,000 years ago, discovered that certain grasses could be harvested and their seeds planted for richer yields the next season the first great step in a new association of plants and humans was taken. Grains were discovered and from them flowed the marvel of agriculture: cultivated crops.flyff penya (http://www.cheap-penya.com), From then on, humans would increasingly take their living from the controlled production of a few plants, rather than getting a little here and a little there from many varieties that grew wild- and the accumulated knowledge of tens of thousands of years of experience and intimacy with plants in the wild would begin to fade away.
wow gold (http://www.buy-wow-gold.fr),
In the last decades, the development of market oriented economy has brought a large number of newly emerging things into our daily life. Yet when it comes to one of these new things lottery, welfare lottery in particular, some people believe that it creates a good social atmosphere while others argue that the opposite is true. There is probably a little bit of truth in both statements. But in recent years, lottery has done a lot to support the view that it does more good than harm.
wow gold (http://www.wow-power-leveling.es),
On one hand, welfare lottery encourages people to do small kindness for the welfare of others as well as for the profit of oneself. When we read the daily newspapers, we are ,wow gold (http://www.buywowgold.es),
frequently appraised of the "Big Kindness" performed by well-to-do philanthropists who donate large sums of money for the establishment of schools, libraries, free hospitals for the poor, orphanages,and the like. These, of course, are laudable acts of charity that deserve wide public acclaim. But in my estimation, not all the people have the financial ability to support these "Big Kindness",archlord money (http://www.archlord-money.com),,and those many minor acts of kindness performed daily in different situations by public minded citizens who receive no recognition or praise from the mass media are equally commendable.Similarly, welfare lottery provide the majority of people a chance to perform this kind of small kindness.

Botany

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dipshit
Main Entry:
dip∑shit
Pronunciation:
\ˈdip-ˌshit\
Function:
noun
Date:
usually vulgar : a stupid or incompetent person

NightGoat
03-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Especially this. Love it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fVxUqDzOGDQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fVxUqDzOGDQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I love this video. The fact that they had Eye on the original version was badass enough, but getting the vocalist of Brutal Truth to join in makes it an overload on awesomeness

Bubba hotep
03-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Alright I am making a pledge. Until we see Faith No More on that goddamn poster, I swear, I will never let this thread die. Maybe it won't be today or tomorrow or next year. But until it does this thread will be bumped for all eternity!

WHO'S WITH ME !!!!!

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/decctGN6JOM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/decctGN6JOM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

weeklymix
03-21-2009, 01:27 PM
i am with you

Bubba hotep
03-21-2009, 03:05 PM
i am with you

Thank you. Who else? RagePatton? Obzen? Are you guys with me and David Freaking Robinson!?

rage patton
03-21-2009, 03:07 PM
I will continue to bump this thread until I see FNM on a Coachella line up.