PDA

View Full Version : Why NO DRUM AND BASS!!!

DnBGoon
02-13-2007, 12:16 PM
I understand that the big rock acts are going to make the festival more money, but Coachella has ALWAYS had good DnB lineups in the past, and this year not even one act!!! Come on it wouldn't be difficult to book some DJ's and stick them in a tent somewhere. Coachella promoters: there are a ton of people who aren't going because of this reason. It's not too late to get something together!! Book locals, I'm sure you can get a decent lineup together.

fober
02-13-2007, 12:40 PM
I don't know if you've heard, but Drum 'N' Bass got cancelled in the US.

there are a ton of people who aren't going because of this reason.

hahahahahhahahaha yeah... right... 'a ton'...

DeltaSigChi4
02-13-2007, 12:41 PM
What the fuck is drum in bass?

E

Goliyth
02-13-2007, 12:49 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5SaFTm2bcac

fober
02-13-2007, 12:52 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5SaFTm2bcac

Gregory C. Coleman died last September.

FYI

Whatup
02-13-2007, 12:54 PM
no.

brokenDREAMS
02-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Good question, LA has an active drum and bass scene so Goldenvoice really doesn't have much excuse to ignore it. Bring in Pendulum, Photek, DJ Craze, Concord Dawn, Andy C, Fluke and Amon Tobin.

Goliyth
02-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Gregory C. Coleman died last September.

FYI

Had no idea.

DeltaSigChi4
02-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Damn you. I listened to that whole thing. :mad:

E

tango
02-13-2007, 01:17 PM
i agree there should be drum and bass djs. i just saw concord dawn a couple of months ago in Vancouver. SIC SHOW!!!!
having a dnb tent would be wikkid, but then i might miss some of the other good bands. lol

elChurro
02-13-2007, 01:42 PM
i can't see anyone paying 100+ bucks or having to buy three tickets to see some dj spin rekids.

Goliyth
02-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Damn you. I listened to that whole thing. :mad:

E

well you asked what it was.... that video is pretty much it. Never said it was gonna be good :dumbo

foto_synthesis
02-13-2007, 01:52 PM
I understand that the big rock acts are going to make the festival more money, but Coachella has ALWAYS had good DnB lineups in the past, and this year not even one act!!! Come on it wouldn't be difficult to book some DJ's and stick them in a tent somewhere. Coachella promoters: there are a ton of people who aren't going because of this reason. It's not too late to get something together!! Book locals, I'm sure you can get a decent lineup together.

I live down here in Miami and we have a good DnB scene (we kinda have to cuz of WMC). So I'm a BIG fan of DnB. I've already sent an email and posted on the Coachella myspace about this problem. We need a petition or something. I don't understand it. They had the "World of Drum n Bass" one year. What happened? :bump

Goliyth
02-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I live down here in Miami and we have a good DnB scene (we kinda have to cuz of WMC). So I'm a BIG fan of DnB. I've already sent an email and posted on the Coachella myspace about this problem. We need a petition or something. I don't understand it. They had the "World of Drum n Bass" one year. What happened? :bump

Yea I'm looking at that 'Ultra' festival or whatever its called in March.

We need a petition or something.

I'll sign it.

fober
02-13-2007, 02:25 PM
YEAH USE PETITIONONLINE THOSE ALWAYS WORK

Goliyth
02-13-2007, 02:29 PM
YEAH USE PETITIONONLINE THOSE ALWAYS WORK

:rotfl

merznerve
04-20-2007, 01:05 AM

so true..

tommorrow there is a free 4/20 party at laundry bar on lincoln and meridian..

talent: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/BassHeadProd/sixyearannieposterweb.jpg

instinct
04-20-2007, 01:13 AM
Check out my thread in the line-up forum.. there might be a lot more drum n bass than you thought..

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7294

foto_synthesis
04-20-2007, 07:30 AM
so true..

tommorrow there is a free 4/20 party at laundry bar on lincoln and meridian..

talent: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/BassHeadProd/sixyearannieposterweb.jpg

Otto Von Schirach?! Awesome... I'll be there. I saw him at Laundry Bar on NYE. He has a great show. Lots of energy. :bump

merznerve
04-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Otto Von Schirach?! Awesome... I'll be there. I saw him at Laundry Bar on NYE. He has a great show. Lots of energy. :bump

i was there on nye too! wish i could go today, but i have to work, i might pass by afterwards....depending.

foto_synthesis
04-20-2007, 02:13 PM
No, no.... it's "Depende!" not depending. We're in Miami. C'mon. :)

merznerve
04-21-2007, 04:00 AM
No, no.... it's "Depende!" not depending. We're in Miami. C'mon. :)

bueno, unfotunatamente (sp?) yo estaba muy triste a mi trabajo, ahora yo regreso de mi trabajo y estoy en la casa y es siete en la manana! que MIERDA!!

y como fue photek y otto?

Alchemy
04-21-2007, 07:50 AM
There is going to be a whole drum & bass dome, yo.

.:christine:.
04-21-2007, 11:12 AM
We have a pretty healthy DnB scene around here too... (near Toronto)

But id Drum and Bass is what you want, you should have bought tickets to the 7 day party in Spain that is in June.

My boyfriend and I almost did but then we saw the Flier for coachella and is was NO contest :)

foto_synthesis
04-21-2007, 12:03 PM
We have a pretty healthy DnB scene around here too... (near Toronto)

But id Drum and Bass is what you want, you should have bought tickets to the 7 day party in Spain that is in June.

My boyfriend and I almost did but then we saw the Flier for coachella and is was NO contest :)

I believe that would be Sonar. That's the next trip we'll plan. But the cost of flying to Spain and the hotel is a bitch, so Coachella won this year.

But as far as European music festivals go, I would rather go to the Big Chill.

04-21-2007, 02:13 PM
oh and World of DnB wasn't very good this year... Ladies Take Control was alright, but I wasn't impressed otherwise- we spent most of the night at that party in the breaks room listening to a well-known local DJ (czech)'s last hometown set before he took off to live in the czech republic.

Luckily, that set was amazing, so we hadn't wasted our money entirely ;)

Representing London
04-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Jesus! Quite possibly one of the most amazing festival line-ups ever seen and all that can be vouched for in the way of dance music is Paul Van Dick! People rest assured I will be bringing the Drum and Bass tent (well more so a winnebago!) so for the post-festival parties follow the Union Jack as means to a new source of enlightenment. And for all the people who haven't heard drum and bass yet......get ready to break your neck!
Enjoy!

electronicrevolution
04-22-2007, 09:47 PM
No one listens to DnB my friend, all personal opinion aside there are hardly enough people going who even know what trance or house are.

balls2thewall
04-23-2007, 06:27 AM
No one listens to DnB my friend, all personal opinion aside there are hardly enough people going who even know what trance or house are.

a lot of kids missed the boat on this one. DnB has been a major influence in electronic music since the early 90's and i assure you A LOT of people still listen to it. it's not your mainstream generic club music that most people associate it with because they are uneducated about it. one main reason is because its more underground than independent hip hop and they never got into the "rave" scene. its all good...dont knock it til you give it a legit chance. i would recommend going to an underground show in your local big city with a headline dj, some local djs, a good sound system, leave your prejudices at the door and grip the bassbins for your life son! haha-- i would say it comes down to personal opinion. my opinion is that DnB IS a very musical art, experience, and lifestyle one should be so lucky to have the opportunity to be enlighten by Drum and Bass (especially at a music fest of this caliber).

cheers

dnb<3er
04-24-2007, 11:54 PM
^^^^big up the DnB! :)

house sucks, trance sucks (IMO, please don't rip me a new bunghole if u a fan!) it's not the music that bugs me most tho, it's the people that go to their parties...15 yrs old and on 5 "e" pills trying to give me a sweaty hug or blow vicks into my eyes...eeek!

tho i appreciate their presence @ massives...i like people watching n people on drugs are of the funniest to watch :)

dnb is the grimey bastard of electronic music...well the facet of dnb i enjoy anyway...definitely a vibe that has to be experienced to be appreciated

farside
04-25-2007, 05:51 AM
Drum and bass got replaced by jumpstyle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv18nWHKZDc

luvthemusic
04-25-2007, 11:55 AM
a lot of kids missed the boat on this one. DnB has been a major influence in electronic music since the early 90's and i assure you A LOT of people still listen to it. it's not your mainstream generic club music that most people associate it with because they are uneducated about it. one main reason is because its more underground than independent hip hop and they never got into the "rave" scene. its all good...dont knock it til you give it a legit chance. i would recommend going to an underground show in your local big city with a headline dj, some local djs, a good sound system, leave your prejudices at the door and grip the bassbins for your life son! haha-- i would say it comes down to personal opinion. my opinion is that DnB IS a very musical art, experience, and lifestyle one should be so lucky to have the opportunity to be enlighten by Drum and Bass (especially at a music fest of this caliber).

cheers

Maybe there is a larger appreciation for it wherever you live, but I've been to a few underground and mainstream dnb shows around here and hardly anyone goes to them. It does come down to personal opinion and being a dj and having an extremely broad scope of electronic music, my opinion is that the majority of dnb hardly sounds like music. I never said I didn't respect it because there is certainly dnb out there that I might enjoy mildy, it also takes some talent to spin. As for bringing it to coachella, I can't really see too many people around the stage, who knows.

05-12-2007, 10:56 AM
guess you were proved wrong- the dnb drew a pretty solid crowd to the dome.... and i dont know what the dnb/ other electronic scene is where you live, but around here, its the new black :P

05-12-2007, 10:58 AM
and save yourself! don't click on the jumpstyle link! its almost as bad as happy hardcore :\

;)