PDA

View Full Version : More Drum and Bass! (WE WANT THE QEMISTS)

TheKid79
02-23-2009, 07:08 PM
OK, so I'm totally fine with Roni Size (decent at best) but I think Sahara could really benefit from some more drum and bass acts.

The Qemists - Join The Q
The Qemists just put their first full length release out and it is freaking AMAZING!. I would give just about anything to see them live. I think they could easily surpass what Pendulum did last year when they closed Friday night. Check out the album and you'll understand.

High Contrast
I've never seen them live, but I have heard amazing things. All 3 of their album's rock. I'd kill to see them in a sunrise set at the Sahara.

Sub Focus
Rounding out my drum and bass dream lineup is Sub Focus. A bit more obscure, but no less powerful. Special place live? Yes, please.

Who else?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-23-2009, 07:33 PM
if were getting drum and bass we need Dillinja and J Majik
simple as that

Vic Viper
02-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Concord Dawn plz.

I'd even take Noisia, try as they might to be Pendulum 2.

Distorted_Jungle
02-23-2009, 08:12 PM
if you are looking for a lot of good jungle Coachella is not the place. Drum & Bass is always just slightly at Coachella, besides when they had the BassRush dome. I love jungle more than any other kind of music and would love for a bigger Jungle line up, but it is just unrealistic because of the fact that it is the least popular of all electronic music and does not draw as big of crowds as House and Trance and all that. Jungle always has the smallest room at Massives and is always the smallest stage at festivals, i wish it were bigger but thats not the case. If you would like a massive junge line up go to things like EDC or Ultra not coachella.

Distorted_Jungle
02-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Concord Dawn plz.

I'd even take Noisia, try as they might to be Pendulum 2.

Pendulum has only released a couple good jungle tracks but majority of the stuff they put out is pop rock wannabe jungle and the show they put on last year in the Sahara was nothing special, actually kind of weak. You want some real jungle bring out Dillinja and Lemon D or if you want it really heavy Mampi swift or Blame or even heavier bring out Dylan and Tech Itch, but not Pendulum.

TheKid79
02-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Pendulum has only released a couple good jungle tracks but majority of the stuff they put out is pop rock wannabe jungle and the show they put on last year in the Sahara was nothing special, actually kind of weak.

I respectfully disagree. I was front and center for their set last year and it ripped my face off. I had to rescue all these screaming girls that got totally caught off guard when those mosh pits broke out. It was loud, powerful and ferocious. I do love me some Pendulum.

kronz420
02-23-2009, 11:22 PM
I was so excited for pendulum last year and I was let down to say the least. Their set was boring ive seen them dj at least 10 times and ill take anyone of them djing over the live show. They are playing glasshouse on st. pattys if your intrested btw. As far as djs id like to see at coachella I would have to say Andy C ofcourse but i would love Mampi Swift and Friction tag team on 4 decks. Dj Marky would be nice too. Subfocus, Adam F or Chase and Status. Oh and Craze put on one of the best dnb sets of all time at respect like 5 years ago too bad he wont be doing a dnb set at coachella but im sure he will drop a track or two

Jremy
02-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Jeez, Pendulum haters. Never thought I'd see the day.

Gribbz
02-23-2009, 11:56 PM
You think their dj set is better than their live set? Are you fucking kidding?

kronz420
02-24-2009, 12:05 AM
no Im not. When they dj they dont just play their own tracks. Belive me I think they have a few good songs but when they played live I was not impressed. Oh and that mc they had was really fucking bad

fikus222
02-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Pendulum SUCK, what a bunch of crappy crap crap. They are not jungle nor are they dnb. Just a bunch of Hot Topic bullsh!t.

Distorted_Jungle
02-24-2009, 06:52 AM
You think their dj set is better than their live set? Are you fucking kidding?

Yeah i would have to agree that a DJ set is WAY better than the live set. The new album they just put out blows ass like no other, and i wouldn't even consider it drum and bass. The few tracks they have produced in the past are heavy, mainly the remix they did of Prodigy's Voodoo People, but as far as actual drum & bass goes they are one of the weakest act's i have seen. I would way rather see Craze, Marky, Hype, Friction or any real jungle DJ for that matter. Pendulum's live set is just completely over rated and they are slowly just becoming a rock band.

Distorted_Jungle
02-24-2009, 06:55 AM
Jeez, Pendulum haters. Never thought I'd see the day.

then you obviously don't talk any real Drum & Bass heads because since pendulum came on the scene of jungle they have always had a big crowd of haters. A lot of people don't like the pop-punk drum & bass they bring into the picture.

audidude
02-24-2009, 09:52 AM
High Contrast = Lincoln Barrett (one dude)

The Qemists would indeed be a righteous show! I just saw Hive in Seattle and he would be a great add to the Coachella bill. He tears shit up.

Amon Tobin has done some great sets with lots of Noisia thrown in there.

Klute, Amit, christ bring out Marcus Intalex!! All would do a phenomenal show!

mittens4kittens
02-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Breakage FTW

redthreat
02-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Pendulum is 100x more disciplined than any D&B act I can think of. They are continuing legitimacy for a genre that has lived way past it's date.

Distorted_Jungle
02-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Pendulum is 100x more disciplined than any D&B act I can think of. They are continuing legitimacy for a genre that has lived way past it's date.

That's just a flat out dumb statement/

orbit
02-24-2009, 06:18 PM
pendulum set last year was disappointing. but i agree with people requesting high contrast. i don't know why there's no love for hospital records at coachella.

i would like to see current value playing there. a back to back set between laurent garnier and dj marky would be really cool too.

jusbcus25
02-24-2009, 06:40 PM
london elektricity live
high contrast
random movement
yes please!!

Donaldj
02-24-2009, 06:47 PM
pendulum set last year was disappointing. but i agree with people requesting high contrast. i don't know why there's no love for hospital records at coachella.

I don't either. I really think High Contrast especially but all the roster would go over very well at Coachella. I don't see them getting a headlining spot obviously but I think a later afternoon/early evening spot could kill.

I'd love to see Marky too. Everything his label puts out is great imo.

DaKINe
02-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Progression Sessions
LTJ BUKEM & MC CONRAD

Donaldj
02-24-2009, 06:49 PM
london elektricity live
high contrast
random movement
yes please!!

I love Random Movement's work but I don't think he has made quite a name for himself yet to really book Coachella.

London Elektricity live would be great but Tony has said that he won't be touring the USA as a DJ in the future let alone as a live band.

insbordnat
02-24-2009, 07:22 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again:

High Contrast
J Majik
Lemon D/Dillinja
Fabio/Grooverider
Danny Byrd

More Hospital Love.
More Metalheadz Love.

I still will never forget going to Coachella in 2003 and seeing Lemon D and Dillinja kill it in the (Mohave? Gobi?) tent. I don't recall which was spinning but all I know was someone was drinking mad Jack Daniels and just completely wrecking the crowd. Mad fun. Oh, how I lament about those days.

Jremy
02-24-2009, 09:18 PM
We all have our favorites, but one thing is certain: WE NEED SOME HEAVY HITTERS FROM THE UK!

Distorted_Jungle
02-25-2009, 06:41 AM
We all have our favorites, but one thing is certain: WE NEED SOME HEAVY HITTERS FROM THE UK!

Yeah but look at last years line up you had the one jungle act of Pendulum and that was it all weekend. So i don't think they will add anymore drum & bass because it's the least popular of all electronic musics, other than that crazy gabber house and hardcore shit. So Roni Size Reprazent it is for the weekend and i am happy i get to see it but someone to rinse it out extra proper would be nice.

Donaldj
02-25-2009, 08:43 AM
if you want it really heavy Mampi swift or Blame or even heavier bring out Dylan and Tech Itch, but not Pendulum.

I wouldn't call Blame heavy by any stretch of the imagination. I am quite a fan of his tracks though. He is also scheduled to do Radio 1's essential mix this weekend so keep your eyes out for that one.

Blame's newest drop...

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8jfihJvQvqs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8jfihJvQvqs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Donaldj
02-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Blame essential mix

http://deepgoa.wordpress.com/2009/02/28/blame-essential-mix-bbc-radio-1-28022009/

http://rapidshare.com/Essential_Mix-2009-02-28-Blame.mp3

oftheheartofthesoul
02-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Goldie
Goldie
Goldie
Goldie
Goldie

Goldie

frozen pilgrim
02-28-2009, 10:59 PM
oh man, I was JUST going to say goldie.

oooohhhh, you know who would actually fit in at coachella in an odd way? shitmat.

Vic Viper
03-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Pendulum has only released a couple good jungle tracks but majority of the stuff they put out is pop rock wannabe jungle and the show they put on last year in the Sahara was nothing special, actually kind of weak. You want some real jungle bring out Dillinja and Lemon D or if you want it really heavy Mampi swift or Blame or even heavier bring out Dylan and Tech Itch, but not Pendulum.
PEOPLE NEED TO CALM THE FUCK DOWN ABOUT PENDULUM JESUSHCHRIST.

You completely misread my comment. I said I'd even take Noisia (as in compared to other DnB acts, they're low on my list) since they're trying the whole 'rockstars who do drum and bass' act that Pendulum has crafted which is something I'M NOT A FAN OF.

I like Pendulum, but I do NOT go around telling people that they're are 'legitimate drum and bass' because they are not.

Holy fuck you kids and your musical elitism. I MENTIONED Pendulum and suddenly the thread is full of people jumping at the chance to say how they suck. Calm down.

Distorted_Jungle
03-01-2009, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't call Blame heavy by any stretch of the imagination. I am quite a fan of his tracks though. He is also scheduled to do Radio 1's essential mix this weekend so keep your eyes out for that one.

Blame's newest drop...

i don't listen to much of blame's production but i have a live blame b2b mampi swift set and it is one of the heavier sets i own, so from the only set i have really heard from him i have the impression he spins heavy sets.

Jremy
03-01-2009, 02:11 PM
oooohhhh, you know who would actually fit in at coachella in an odd way? shitmat.
shitmat would be way cool.

TheKid79
03-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Has anyone else picked up the new release Mistabishi - Drop?

Blew me away.

I have to say one again that hospital records would be a huge add for Sahara this year. Unlikely, but we can dream can't we?

Donaldj
03-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Yea it came in the mail last week.

I don't like the re-recorded vocals for No Natter What. I prefer the vocal sample on the original 12" single. I do like Heaven's Sake, Printer Jam, White Collar Grime, Greed and the Lights Really Bad.

Dub5tep
03-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Chase & Status would be cool. Jaydan, Original Sin, DJ Hazard, DJ Pleasure would be dopebut proly will never happen

instinct
03-03-2009, 05:54 PM
way too much Clownstep in this thread.