PDA

View Full Version : Bonnaroo Lineup Leaked...

typeoserv
02-13-2007, 10:55 AM
The Police • Tool • Widespread Panic • The White Stripes • Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals • Flaming Lips • Wilco • Manu Chao • The String Cheese Incident • Franz Ferdinand • Bob Weir & Ratdog • Damien Rice • Ween • The Roots • Gov’t Mule • Ziggy Marley & the Melody Makers • The Decemberists • Kings of Leon • Spearhead • Wolfmother • Regina Spektor • The Black Keys • DJ Shadow • Gillian Welch & David Rawlings • Spoon • Keller Williams • Sasha & Digweed • STS9 • Old Crow Medicine Show • The Hold Steady • Galactic • Lily Allen • North Mississippi Allstars • Fountains Of Wayne • Hot Tuna • Feist • Hot Chip • John Butler Trio • Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys • Aesop Rock • The Richard Thompson Band • Xavier Rudd • Tortoise • T-Bone Burnett • Mavis Staples • Clutch • Cold War Kids • Paolo Nutini • Brazilian Girls • RX Bandits • The Slip • Girl Talk • Railroad Earth • Martha Wainright • Rodrigo y Gabriela • Annuals • Tea Leaf Green • Sam Roberts Band • Elvis Perkins in Dearland • Charlie Louven • Sonya Kitchell • Apollo Sunshine • Ryan Shaw • Uncle Earl • The National • The Little Ones •

http://www.bonnaroo.com/festivals/2007;lineup#

mob roulette
02-13-2007, 10:57 AM
well thanks for that. who is manu chao and what has he done with colin meloy?

invisiblerobots
02-13-2007, 11:04 AM
The Flaming Lips? At a festival? Get out!

psychic friend
02-13-2007, 11:05 AM
how is that "leaked" when its on the official site? Cool line up! esp if they removed the jammy stuff.

schoolofruckus
If they add Tom Waits to that mix, it's going to be fucking impossible for me to pass that up.

SojuGorae
The Police • Tool • Widespread Panic • The White Stripes • Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals • Flaming Lips • Wilco • Manu Chao • The String Cheese Incident • Franz Ferdinand • Bob Weir & Ratdog • Damien Rice • Ween • The Roots • Gov’t Mule • Ziggy Marley & the Melody Makers • The Decemberists • Kings of Leon • Spearhead • Wolfmother • Regina Spektor • The Black Keys • DJ Shadow • Gillian Welch & David Rawlings • Spoon • Keller Williams • Sasha & Digweed • STS9 • Old Crow Medicine Show • The Hold Steady • Galactic • Lily Allen • North Mississippi Allstars • Fountains Of Wayne • Hot Tuna • Feist • Hot Chip • John Butler Trio • Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys • Aesop Rock • The Richard Thompson Band • Xavier Rudd • Tortoise • T-Bone Burnett • Mavis Staples • Clutch • Cold War Kids • Paolo Nutini • Brazilian Girls • RX Bandits • The Slip • Girl Talk • Railroad Earth • Martha Wainright • Rodrigo y Gabriela • Annuals • Tea Leaf Green • Sam Roberts Band • Elvis Perkins in Dearland • Charlie Louven • Sonya Kitchell • Apollo Sunshine • Ryan Shaw • Uncle Earl • The National • The Little Ones •

That's a stacked line-up.

typeoserv
02-13-2007, 11:09 AM
how is that "leaked" when its on the official site? Cool line up! esp if they removed the jammy stuff.

cause it's not "released" on the site yet :)

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-13-2007, 11:10 AM
hmmm...no tom waits?

Tylerdurden31
02-13-2007, 11:16 AM
The Police • The White Stripes • Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals • Flaming Lips • Spoon • The Hold Steady • Feist • Tortoise • Clutch • Apollo Sunshine

taking away coachella bands from this year and last year along with acts I dont care for...this is what I'm left with...

chunk
02-13-2007, 11:17 AM
no les savy fav? probably pitchfork.

fatbastard
02-13-2007, 11:19 AM
• The White Stripes • Flaming Lips • Wilco • Manu Chao • Ween • Sasha & Digweed • Tortoise • T-Bone Burnett •

This is all I would want to see.

psychic friend
02-13-2007, 11:21 AM
cause it's not "released" on the site yet what are you talking about? that link IS on bonnaroo.com

schoolofruckus
02-13-2007, 11:23 AM
I would want to see:

The Police • Tool • The White Stripes • Flaming Lips • Wilco • Manu Chao • Franz Ferdinand • Damien Rice • Ween • The Roots • The Decemberists • Regina Spektor • DJ Shadow • Sasha & Digweed • Feist • Tortoise • Cold War Kids • Girl Talk • The National

If I'm gonna pay $50 to see The Police here, why not throw in $150 or whatever extra to see the others? Especially if Tom Waits is added.

typeoserv
02-13-2007, 11:24 AM
what are you talking about? that link IS on bonnaroo.com

try the link now..
they locked it up..

bmack86
02-13-2007, 11:30 AM
The Police • Tool • The White Stripes • • Flaming Lips • Wilco • Manu Chao • Franz Ferdinand • Ween • The Roots • Ziggy Marley & the Melody Makers • The Decemberists • Kings of Leon • Spearhead • Wolfmother • The Black Keys • DJ Shadow • Spoon • Sasha & Digweed • The Hold Steady • Lily Allen • Hot Chip • Aesop Rock • The Richard Thompson Band • Tortoise • T-Bone Burnett • Mavis Staples • Girl Talk • Rodrigo y Gabriela • Annuals • Elvis Perkins in Dearland • Charlie Louven • The National

Seems like i should try to go to this.

amyzzz
02-13-2007, 11:32 AM
If that's it, I'm not going. The only bands that really compel me are The White Stripes and Franz Ferdinand, and those aren't "1st tier" bands on my list of favorite bands.

xxxxxxxxxx
02-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Dammit why aren't WEEN playing Coachella??? I wanna go but I can't afford both festivals.

canexplain
02-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Dammit why aren't WEEN playing Coachella??? I wanna go but I can't afford both festivals.

we saw ween at an afterhours show at vegoose year before last .... it was halloween and talk about a fun show ... the only thing about it was it didnt start till 200 in the morn ... made me think of the ole rave days when doors didnt open till 100 or so ... fun times ... and we missed the roo last year, yikes we really have to go this year but i dont see it happening ... grrrrr ... cr****

bartelby
02-13-2007, 11:41 AM
hmmmmmmmm....i guess i can always get another credit card....

fober
02-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Aesop Rock • Cold War Kids

That's about it for me, considering who I've seen in the past year, who I will see at Coachella and the rest of the crap that I don't consider "good music".

bmack86
02-13-2007, 11:46 AM
maybe it's just me, but if a band puts on a good concert i will definitely see them more than once

bartelby
02-13-2007, 11:50 AM
for sure...

fober
02-13-2007, 12:01 PM
maybe it's just me, but if a band puts on a good concert i will definitely see them more than once

Yes, but would you travel to the farmland of the deep south to watch them perform 50% of the material you saw them perform in the middle of the day under the unforgiving sun?

If a band puts on a good concert, I will definitely see them more than once at a similar venue/circumstance.

bmack86
02-13-2007, 12:03 PM
If there were enough bands to entice me towards it, then yes. And, bands tend to play different shows in a festival setting.

schoolofruckus
02-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Except Tool. That's the only part that would bum me out about this - there's very little evidence to suggest they'd be playing much of a different set than the one they played at Coachella, Street Scene, and on their headlining tour.

TomAz
02-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Yes, but would you travel to the farmland of the deep south to watch them perform 50% of the material you saw them perform in the middle of the day under the unforgiving sun?

If a band puts on a good concert, I will definitely see them more than once at a similar venue/circumstance.

I don't understand this post.

fober
02-13-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't understand this post.

Your favorite band is performing two shows.

Show 1
Friday Night 9PM
Local Venue
2,000 Attendees
2 Hour Set

Show 2
Saturday Afternoon 3PM
Outdoors (Desert/Farmland)
10,000 Random People
50 Minute Set

Pick a show.

Dizzan
02-13-2007, 12:10 PM
The Police • Tool • Widespread Panic • The White Stripes • Flaming Lips • Wilco • Manu Chao • The String Cheese Incident • Franz Ferdinand • Damien Rice • Ween • The Roots • Ziggy Marley & the Melody Makers • The Decemberists • Kings of Leon • Wolfmother • DJ Shadow • Spoon • Keller Williams • Sasha & Digweed • STS9 • The Hold Steady • Galactic • Hot Chip • Aesop Rock • Brazilian Girls • RX Bandits • Girl Talk •

I want to see all of these I'll be there! especially STS9 even though i've seen them/going to see them this weekend in ya'lls next of the woods. everytime the show is amazing and different. even for a jam band. and by the way PF if they took out all the jammy stuff they would have to call in coachella in the boonies.

TomAz
02-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Your favorite band is performing two shows.

Show 1
Friday Night 9PM
Local Venue
2,000 Attendees
2 Hour Set

Show 2
Saturday Afternoon 3PM
Outdoors (Desert/Farmland)
10,000 Random People
50 Minute Set

Pick a show.

now this I understand. I don't see how your first post gets us to this, but no matter.

bballarl
02-13-2007, 12:35 PM
This is tempting. But I don't really want to pay to fly out to Bumfuck, Tennessee to see groups that I will see at Coachella/have seen already. The only one that will really truly hurt is The White Stripes. They will get a nice set, they kill live, and they might play new material. Pretty good lineup though.

fortydollarsworthofmeat
02-13-2007, 12:40 PM
The Police • The White Stripes • Wilco • Franz Ferdinand • Damien Rice • The Roots • The Decemberists • Gillian Welch & David Rawlings • Spoon • Lily Allen • Hot Chip • Aesop Rock • Cold War Kids • Brazilian Girls • Girl Talk • Martha Wainright • Elvis Perkins in Dearland

fuck yessssss.

also, tennessee is one of the most beautiful states in the country. yay.

summerkid
02-13-2007, 12:44 PM
If that's it, I'm not going. The only bands that really compel me are The White Stripes and Franz Ferdinand, and those aren't "1st tier" bands on my list of favorite bands.

didn't you win tickets amyzzz?

bballarl
02-13-2007, 12:48 PM
No, ewiggy aka Meat did.

amyzzz
02-13-2007, 01:10 PM
This is tempting. But I don't really want to pay to fly out to Bumfuck, Tennessee to see groups that I will see at Coachella/have seen already. The only one that will really truly hurt is The White Stripes. They will get a nice set, they kill live, and they might play new material. Pretty good lineup though.
That is a good point. My kids love the White Stripes, and at one point they really liked Franz Ferdinand. Don't they allow children under 6 in free at Bonnaroo? (I think coach is under 5). Hmmm. Not sure about all that drug use though.

TomAz
02-13-2007, 01:12 PM
But I don't really want to pay to fly out to Bumfuck, Tennessee

Andrew, you are mistaken. You don't fly to Bumfuck. You fly to Nashville and then have to rent a car to get to Bumfuck.

amyzzz
02-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Sounds like another case of confused identities.

fortydollarsworthofmeat
02-13-2007, 01:15 PM

naw dawg, that was me. a pair of VIP tickets, whatever that means.

fatboy192
02-13-2007, 01:24 PM
ain't a patch on coachella, just my opinion before you all start slating me!!

menikmati
02-13-2007, 01:28 PM
I told you all TOOL was playing!!! I called that way back in the fall of last year...damn I'm good.

amyzzz
02-13-2007, 01:47 PM
I remember that. Congrats on your psychic abilities, erik.

braundiggity
02-13-2007, 03:00 PM
I'd go for The Police, The Lips, The White Stripes, The Hold Steady, and Annuals.

Otherwise, it just reads to me like a list of people who've played Coachella the last couple of years, people playing Coachella this year, and people I don't care about.

bballarl
02-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Andrew, you are mistaken. You don't fly to Bumfuck. You fly to Nashville and then have to rent a car to get to Bumfuck.

That's what I meant. Thank you TomAz.

breakjaw
02-13-2007, 03:28 PM
The Police • Flaming Lips • The Hold Steady • The Richard Thompson Band • Tortoise • Cold War Kids • Annuals •
These are the ones I wish were playing Coachella,particularly Richard Thompson.Can we do a straight-up trade:Richard Thompson for Roky Erickson?

full on idle
02-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Flaming Lips
Wilco
The Roots
Ziggy Marley & the Melody Makers
The Decemberists
Regina Spektor
Gillian Welch & David Rawlings
The Hold Steady
Aesop Rock
Cold War Kids
Girl Talk
Martha Wainright
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Elvis Perkins in Dearland

Actually, E. Wiggy, the VIP tickets to Bonnaroo I think are pretty awesome. You get nice food and showers and things I'm pretty sure. They're super expensive to buy. Did you just get one set? Take a photo from the ferris wheel.

Yablonowitz
02-13-2007, 03:53 PM
The only one that will really truly hurt is The White Stripes.

Apparently you didn't notice that Ween and The Police are on that list.

vinylmartyr
02-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Like this is the last White Stripes show ever.

vinylmartyr
02-13-2007, 04:03 PM
That fest is nice but most of those bands play everywhere all the time. Its not very special. The Police is nice but thats about it.

vinylmartyr
02-13-2007, 04:04 PM
And I HATE Widespread Panic. If I had to sit through a 3 hour set of that shit I might kill someone.

TomAz
02-13-2007, 04:05 PM
These are the ones I wish were playing Coachella,particularly Richard Thompson.Can we do a straight-up trade:Richard Thompson for Roky Erickson?

I saw Richard Thompson once and he was boring as hell. And I like Richard Thompson, I have a number of his albums.

Transitory
02-13-2007, 04:07 PM
damn.... GV should add Sasha and/or Digweed to the tent now that Tiesto is confirmed on mainstage

vinylmartyr
02-13-2007, 04:08 PM
They might have and exclusive contract to just play Bonnaroo.

boarderwoozel3
02-13-2007, 05:43 PM
The Police & tool are quite the headlining duo. I think another roadtrip is in order.

bartelby
02-13-2007, 06:15 PM
i think the Lips would be fun for a 3hour set...

if radiohead couldn't get me there though, this lineup ain't gonna either...

vinylmartyr
02-13-2007, 06:22 PM
The Lips would be great for 3 hours if you had never seen them before. Wayne would probably ramble unnecessarily for at least half that time. Then you would get the rest of their predictable shtick. I love em but they need some new material.

CuervoPH
02-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Open Letter to The National:

Since you guys are already committed to this show, why not add another show in the Baltimore/Washington DC area?

If this is not possible, contact someone at GV and try to get on as a last-minute add at Coachella.

Thanks.

tessalasset
02-13-2007, 06:35 PM
and by the way PF if they took out all the jammy stuff they would have to call in coachella in the boonies.i was just gonna say... bonnaroo has turned out to be the coachella of the east.

fortydollarsworthofmeat
02-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Actually, E. Wiggy, the VIP tickets to Bonnaroo I think are pretty awesome. You get nice food and showers and things I'm pretty sure. They're super expensive to buy. Did you just get one set? Take a photo from the ferris wheel.

yah - i got one set.

and i'm afraid of heights, but i'll see what i can do.

dorkfish
02-13-2007, 07:07 PM
2007 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival Confirmed Artists:

The Police
Tool
Widespread Panic
The White Stripes
Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals
Wilco
The Flaming Lips
Manu Chao
The String Cheese Incident
Franz Ferdinand
Bob Weir & Ratdog
Damien Rice
Ween
Gov’t Mule
Ziggy Marley & the Melody Makers
The Decemberists
Kings of Leon
Michael Franti & Spearhead
Wolfmother
Regina Spektor
Galactic
The Black Keys
DJ Shadow
Gillian Welch & David Rawlings
Spoon
Keller Williams (WMD’s)
Sasha & John Digweed
STS9
Old Crow Medicine Show
The Hold Steady
North Mississippi Allstars
Fountains Of Wayne
Hot Tuna
Feist
Hot Chip
Lily Allen
John Butler Trio
Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys
Aesop Rock
The Richard Thompson Band
Dierks Bentley
Xavier Rudd
Gogol Bordelo
Junior Brown
Tortoise
T-Bone Burnett
Mavis Staples
Clutch
Cold War Kids
Dr. Dog
Paolo Nutini
Brazilian Girls
RX Bandits
The Nightwatchman
The Slip
Girl Talk
Railroad Earth
Martha Wainwright
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Annuals
Tea Leaf Green
Sam Roberts Band
Elvis Perkins in Dearland
Charlie Louvin
Sonya Kitchell
Mute Math
Apollo Sunshine
Uncle Earl
James Blood Ulmer
The National
The Little Ones
Ryan Shaw

Comedians:

Lewis Black & Friends
Dave Attell
David Cross

More acts will be announced in the coming weeks.

menikmati
02-13-2007, 07:20 PM
A 3 hour Tool show sounds awesome

Dr. Odd Marvel
02-13-2007, 07:32 PM
If I get tix before they sell out I'm going to Bonnaroo.

instinct
02-13-2007, 07:38 PM
needs electronica!

menikmati
02-13-2007, 07:41 PM
I would not be surprised if a future addition to the lineup included either the Crystal Method or The Chemical Brothers. I think a few other bigger names may be added in the future as well including Qotsa, and maybe another hip hopper

vinylmartyr
02-13-2007, 07:43 PM
The Bonnaroo lineup needs less acts that play every other fest in the world.

vinylmartyr
02-13-2007, 07:47 PM
2jaBXyccLRs

Wait heres something Bonnaroo needs.

SometimesNJ
02-13-2007, 07:55 PM

also David Cross, Lewis Black, and Dave Attell are headlining the comedy tent

fortydollarsworthofmeat
02-14-2007, 12:48 AM
ok, so last year Bonnaroo had 82 bands. in this initial lineup there are 66 bands. so we can be expecting an addition of 10-15 bands, i guess.

i'm hoping for okkervil river.

crazzz2007
02-14-2007, 02:51 AM
ok, so last year Bonnaroo had 82 bands. in this initial lineup there are 66 bands. so we can be expecting an addition of 10-15 bands, i guess.

i'm hoping for okkervil river.

according to bonnaroo press release, there will be over 100 bands this year.

crazzz2007
02-14-2007, 02:53 AM
The Bonnaroo lineup needs less acts that play every other fest in the world.

you make it sound as though coachella acts play only at coachella. take a chill pill and acknowledge that bonnaroo has a great lineup this year, and they are still going to add about 30 acts.

crazzz2007
02-14-2007, 03:04 AM
2jaBXyccLRs

Wait heres something Bonnaroo needs.

shit, i just realized you have 1852 posts. my god!!! is there a waking moment when you're NOT on the coachella boards?

Sally Cinnamon
02-14-2007, 03:23 AM
John Butler Trio would be enough to make me wanna go
too bad two trips stateside is too expensive

TomAz
02-14-2007, 05:41 AM
IMO Bonnaroo's lineup this year is not as good as last year's. Nor is it as good as Coachella's.

vinylmartyr
02-14-2007, 05:55 AM
shit, i just realized you have 1852 posts. my god!!! is there a waking moment when you're NOT on the coachella boards?

No.

Dr. Odd Marvel
02-14-2007, 06:00 AM
IMO Bonnaroo's lineup this year is not as good as last year's. Nor is it as good as Coachella's.

Tortoise, Ween, & Clutch already make it better than this years Coachella.

vinylmartyr
02-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Well have a good time.

vinylmartyr
02-14-2007, 06:12 AM
Widespread Panic is aural vomit.

menikmati
02-23-2007, 08:23 AM
The Roots and The Wild Magnolia Mardi Gras Indians have been added to our Bonnaroo 2007 lineup!

dorkfish
02-23-2007, 09:07 AM
oh boy! The Wild Magnolia Mardi Gras Indians!

DeltaSigChi4
02-23-2007, 09:10 AM
If I'm gonna pay $50 to see The Police here, why not throw in $150 or whatever extra to see the others? Especially if Tom Waits is added.

Hmmmm ....

because you will be seeing them "HERE", and not after traveling halfway across the country. To each his own, but let's not forget the travel expenses. Unless you own your own private jet.

lear.jpg

E

Hannahrain
02-23-2007, 09:13 AM
delta, you are mistaken.

tom waits>money.