PDA

View Full Version : How to block malcolmjamalawesome posts?

brando4n82
02-19-2009, 09:51 AM
I've heard that you can block users posts in this forum so that they wont show up when you log in.

I'd like to do that with a certain board member who makes smart ass posts that just are painfully unfunny and just not clever. Any help?

Somewhat Damaged
02-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Go to "View public profile," go to "User Lists," select "Add to Ignore List," then answer yes when asked if you REALLY want to add the person to your ignore list. It works wonders, let me tell ya.

Shooters08
02-19-2009, 09:55 AM
I happen to like malcolmjamalawesome

brando4n82
02-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Go to "View public profile," go to "User Lists," select "Add to Ignore List," then answer yes when asked if you REALLY want to add the person to your ignore list. It works wonders, let me tell ya.

Thank you very much. This helps a lot

nbvwes
02-19-2009, 10:02 AM
MJA is a cunt... and not in that loveable way that so many of the board members are...

he's just not creatively funny... just posts like "This is stupid" and "Who the fuck are The Smiths?"... dumb. I don't know whose alias he is, but i'd punch him in the face...

brando4n82
02-19-2009, 10:04 AM
MJA is a cunt... and not in that loveable way that so many of the board members are...

he's just not creatively funny... just posts like "This is stupid" and "Who the fuck are The Smiths?"... dumb. I don't know whose alias he is, but i'd punch him in the face...

hahahah this is EXACTLY my point! I dont think he is an alias though.

Monklish
02-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Malcolm is one of the only things keeping this board funny.

rage patton
02-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Why on earth would anyone block malcolm? Him and Nipples are probably the most consistently funny board members.

Jon Blazed
02-19-2009, 10:28 AM
BOSS TIME

fac429
02-19-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm guessing Dave Wang thinks this thread is hilarious.

mostlikelytoblowthefup
02-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Brando & NBVWES...you both clearly have more seniority than me on this message board and we all must respect that, but you are both excessive "posters" so I guess I don't understand how you can rally behind censorship. Isn't the idea of a message board, so everyone can drop their two cents in, no matter how off-base or ill-colored it may be.

So let me get this straight, if someone disagrees with you then you want them to shut up? Seems to me a bit Un-American and totally self-serving. As I see it, maybe you need to tighten up your comments/posts so MJA can’t blow holes in everything you say.

I also like the aggression, “I want to punch him in the face…” Please, I bet you would wet your pants if he tapped you on the shoulder right now.

Let MJA and freedom ring!

feather
02-19-2009, 10:52 AM
I :pulse MJA.

Mordecai
02-19-2009, 10:56 AM
This thread is rediculous. Brando4n82 is obviously in need of more sweaty man-hugs.

Monklish
02-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Brando & NBVWES...you both clearly have more seniority than me on this message board and we all must respect that, but you are both excessive "posters" so I guess I don't understand how you can rally behind censorship. Isn't the idea of a message board, so everyone can drop their two cents in, no matter how off-base or ill-colored it may be.

So let me get this straight, if someone disagrees with you then you want them to shut up? Seems to me a bit Un-American and totally self-serving. As I see it, maybe you need to tighten up your comments/posts so MJA can’t blow holes in everything you say.

I also like the aggression, “I want to punch him in the face…” Please, I bet you would wet your pants if he tapped you on the shoulder right now.

Let MJA and freedom ring!

Actually they have no seniority. No one gives a fuck what they think.

Also, shut the fuck up about "America" as a defense to thinking someone is a douchebag and shut up. They're wrong in this case, but that's still not the point.

paganman7
02-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Dave Wang rocks the house.

bartelby
02-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Malcolm is part of what makes this board a great thing

Complete fucking losers like NBVWES and his fucking annoying-as-shit avatar is exactly what's bringing this board down...

Shooters08
02-19-2009, 11:08 AM
MJA's avatar is hilarious

mostlikelytoblowthefup
02-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Yowsers, I got served.

bobert
02-19-2009, 11:12 AM
NBVWES!!!! Jesus Christ, you're back!!! There's this new guy on the board named Peirogihead - he's also got a Tom Cruise avitar and is somehow twice as retarded and humorless as you, if that's possible.

And Brando, 3000+ posts and your asking for help finding the ignore button? And out of all the idiotic pieces of shit on this board who post shit that passes for humor, you want to ignore Malcolm? Is it because you hate black people?

A lot of racist assholes riding the short bus in this thread.

Shooters08
02-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Yowsers, I got served.

You and Monklish should have a dance off

feather
02-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Malcolm is not black.

HEADSTRUCK
02-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Putting anybody on your ignore list is lame. This is a public message board and if it bothers you that much you need a life.

bobert
02-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Malcolm is not black.

Really? Well, then he can't join my gang.

DruggyFestivalGuy
02-19-2009, 12:00 PM
I agree that MJA is inappropriate. Here are some examples:

1) When I started a thread announcing that I thought Daft Punk should play after the moderator said Daft Punk would not be playing, he called me an asshole.

2) My nuanced explanation of why I thought Radiohead would make an excellent and likely late-addition headliner garnered me being called a fucking piece of shit.

3) He made fun of me in multiple threads I started in the Line Up/Artists forum, after the lineup was announced, discussing bands that are not on the Lineup that I think are cool, and that are on my "wish list" of artists to play.

For the above reasons, I think MJA is way out of line and brings nothing to this board.

Also, I have never read the advisory threads on stopping making stupid threads and on avoiding getting flamed, because I thought they looked boring.

Further, I think everyone should be nice. Always.

Genedefekt
02-19-2009, 12:08 PM

1) When I started a thread announcing that I thought Daft Punk should play after the moderator said Daft Punk would not be playing, he called me an asshole.

2) My nuanced explanation of why I thought Radiohead would make an excellent and likely late-addition headliner garnered me being called a fucking piece of shit.

3) He made fun of me in multiple threads I started in the Line Up/Artists forum, after the lineup was announced, discussing bands that are not on the Lineup that I think are cool, and that are on my "wish list" of artists to play.

For the above reasons, I think MJA is way out of line and brings nothing to this board.

Also, I have never read the advisory threads on stopping making stupid threads and on avoiding getting flamed, because I thought they looked boring.

Best post I've read in months!!!

Maybe it's because I'm high?

DruggyFestivalGuy
02-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Yeah, dude!

Courtney
02-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Although I respect the right of anyone to utilize the ignore list as a way to better boarding, I would just like to point out that it is impressive that malcolmjamalawesome's posts would be considered entertaining by posters as diverse as Monklish, rage patton, feather and myself. That's saying something.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 12:17 PM
I also find Malcolmjamalawesome....AWESOME.

HEADSTRUCK
02-19-2009, 12:17 PM

as for #1

He called you an asshole.....? waaaa stop your fucking crying THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD

again waaaaaaa stop your fucking crying

maybe if you learned how to use the board correctly people would call you names

MJA brings entertainment to this board and you bring nothing but pointless threads that have already been done and you have the worst screen name I have every seen

THIS IS A FUCKING MESSAGE BOARD GET THE SAND OUT OF YOUR VAGINA

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-19-2009, 12:22 PM

Welcome to kindergarden.

The Ogre
02-19-2009, 12:28 PM
I like Malcolmjamalawesome and DruggyFestivalGuy so back off you fucking NERDS!

they're both just misunderstood...kinda like me...:(

malcolmjamalawesome
02-19-2009, 12:34 PM
I would just like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all of you for your kind words and praise.
At first glance, it seemed very unlikely that this thread would turn into a veritable celebration of how entertaining, clever, friendly, charismatic, and sexually charged I am, but that's exactly what happened.
Brandon, if this was your plan all along, a virtual "surprise party" of sorts for me, well, then sir, I extend to you my sincerest gratitude.
Reading this thread has made my day and solidified all of you as true treasures in my life.
This thread, I must say (Brandon), is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 12:48 PM
and with that. This bloody tampon of a thread is saved.

luckyface
02-19-2009, 12:53 PM
I am a little late, but since Brando wanted to throw a lovefest for MJA, I thought I would join in. MJA is easily one of the most consistently funny and entertaining posters on the board here. Unlike many here, I will actually visit a thread just to see his response.

bobert
02-19-2009, 12:55 PM
I would just like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all of you for your kind words and praise.
At first glance, it seemed very unlikely that this thread would turn into a veritable celebration of how entertaining, clever, friendly, charismatic, and sexually charged I am, but that's exactly what happened.
Brandon, if this was your plan all along, a virtual "surprise party" of sorts for me, well, then sir, I extend to you my sincerest gratitude.
Reading this thread has made my day and solidified all of you as true treasures in my life.
This thread, I must say (Brandon), is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.

(just in case he figured out the ignore function.)

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2009, 12:58 PM

good idea bobert. I'll do the same.

Coachella Bound
02-19-2009, 01:00 PM

Ha he ha he, ughhhhhhhh........ DruggyFestivalGuy go take some more drugs.

Malcomjamalawesome broke my heart and now i come to find out hes not even black. And yet i still got love for the little deuch!

Monklish
02-19-2009, 01:17 PM
I prefer DruggyFestivalGuy to Malcolm.

Malcolm's too black-sounding for me.

BeerUpHo'sDown
02-19-2009, 01:20 PM
MJA grabbed my boobs in the Sahara two years ago. Best. Coachella. Moment. EVER.

feather
02-19-2009, 01:21 PM

You can't spell PL_R without U!

Monklish
02-19-2009, 01:24 PM
You can't spell PL_R without U!

Don't you ever get tired of this shit?

HEADSTRUCK
02-19-2009, 01:27 PM
:rotfl

Shooters08
02-19-2009, 01:27 PM
I do!

feather
02-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Haha I will Randy one day I'm sure.

bobert
02-19-2009, 01:58 PM

Haha I will Randy one day I'm sure.

That's not really Randy, is it?

Ill_Eagle
02-19-2009, 02:00 PM
MJA helped me choose dessert on valentines day.

HE STAYS.

Ill_Eagle
02-19-2009, 02:05 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f368/gregcoll3000/doobie_master.jpg

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/fail-owned-playground-fail.jpg

weeklymix
02-19-2009, 02:22 PM
hail malcolm.

BROKENDOLL
02-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Putting anybody on your ignore list is lame. This is a public message board and if it bothers you that much you need a life. Or, a shrink...

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-19-2009, 05:37 PM
i'm really hungry somebody get me a sandwich

CalmerThanYou
02-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Fuck MJA

indietron
02-19-2009, 07:20 PM
MJA is one of the funniest posters here. Him, GPS, Pot, and Nipples are in a league of their own.

Drewski27
02-19-2009, 07:32 PM
MJA makes me wet. i hope he touches me in the sahara this year.

zenidogx
02-19-2009, 07:44 PM
MJA boss timed my Dave Wang

Drewski27
02-19-2009, 07:48 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MJA!!!!!

Brit_totheKnee
02-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Malcolm is one of the only things keeping this board funny.

ah, the person i secretly think is MJA...

Monklish
02-20-2009, 12:29 AM
We're not the same person, although we do share a similar brilliance (read as: he does a pale imitation of my brilliance).

malcolmjamalawesome
02-20-2009, 03:51 AM
Racist.

MissingPerson
02-20-2009, 04:10 AM
MJA is one of the funniest posters here. Him, GPS, Pot, and Nipples are in a league of their own.

Malcolm's right, and you all suck.

:nono

SoulDischarge
02-20-2009, 05:39 AM

http://ladiesdotdotdot.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/leage-own.jpg

mountmccabe
02-20-2009, 07:34 AM
I used to have malcolmjamalawsome on ignore. This was back when his posts had three different flavors: (a) nonsense about Dave Wang, (b) blind devotion to Peaches and (c) "BEST THREAD EVER."

Somewhere in the last couple thousand posts, though, dude actually started posting as a human being. An entertaining/interesting one, even.

chairmenmeow47
02-20-2009, 08:02 AM
blind devotion to peaches, REALLY?!?! i'm so glad i hadn't already posted kudos to MJA then :p

luckyface
02-20-2009, 08:03 AM
I used to have malcolmjamalawsome on ignore. This was back when his posts had three different flavors: (a) nonsense about Dave Wang, (b) blind devotion to Peaches and (c) "BEST THREAD EVER."

Somewhere in the last couple thousand posts, though, dude actually started posting as a human being. An entertaining/interesting one, even.

You sure you aren't getting him confused with airguitarvet on b and c?

Genedefekt
02-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Yeah I was gonna say, that's totally AirGuitar

Courtney
02-20-2009, 09:08 AM

(a) is malcolmjamalawesome, but (b) and (c) are airguitarvet.

MissingPerson
02-20-2009, 09:56 AM
I used to have malcolmjamalawsome on ignore. This was back when his posts had three different flavors: (a) nonsense about Dave Wang, (b) "You fucking piece of shit." (c) "racist"

FYP.

Jon Blazed
02-20-2009, 09:59 AM
FYP.

Fondle Your Penis

real talk
02-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Malcolm Jamal Awesome is a gentleman and a scholar of messageboard theory and technique. One of the greats in this wintry messageboard economy.

I fucking love Druggy Festival Guy. I don't know if it's an alias and I don't even want to know. I just want him to keep on keeping on.

MissingPerson
02-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Agreed.

Don't you go going, Druggy Festival Guy.

DruggyFestivalGuy
02-20-2009, 11:03 AM
What's an alias?

Fuck yeah.

Devin the Dude
02-20-2009, 12:27 PM
wait why would you want to block on of these guys? i think they only go after douchebags who deserve to be made fun of, or sometimes even just stuff that deserves to be made fun of. like funny things or dumb people. for example, if they were to make fun of me, it would be for being dumb people, and it would be funny, and i would laugh with them at the making fun of me being dumb people, for that is funny. and i have a sense of humor, and nothing is in my ass..

my suspects are different for you, though, thread poster.

M Sparks
02-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Brando & NBVWES...you both clearly have more seniority than me on this message board

Irony indeed...

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/marc242/MJA.jpg

Putting anybody on your ignore list is lame. This is a public message board and if it bothers you that much you need a life.

For me, it's about my own compulsive behavior. There are certain people who I just found myself "yelling" at over and over, and when I realize they aren't capable of carrying on the other side of the argument, I put them on ignore. It's just to protect my brain from wasting more time than necessary.

There are tons of other people who I can't stand that I would never dream of putting on ignore, because they are either capable of carrying on a decent argument, or they are consistently entertaining.

I'm an alias...
02-20-2009, 01:19 PM
What's an alias?

Just be you, man.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Fuckin' Boss Time.

KungFuJay
02-21-2009, 07:33 AM

Best post ever.

The fact that people responded seriously to this makes me happy I spend time on this board.

Also, I like MJA FWIW.

bleep
02-21-2009, 07:49 AM
MJA has one of the best avatars around

rskapcat
02-21-2009, 11:49 AM
See my sig for my opinion of MJA.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-21-2009, 09:35 PM
I love you all.

Monklish
02-22-2009, 12:46 AM
You asshole.

PassiveTheory
02-22-2009, 01:09 AM
MJA will never boss time it. Never.

Monklish
02-22-2009, 01:11 AM
Passive when you were born the doctor smacked you on the ass and sighed, "Boss time..."

PassiveTheory
02-22-2009, 01:13 AM
He should have smacked that stupid hat off your face while he was at it.

Gribbz
02-22-2009, 07:54 AM
I prefer DruggyFestivalGuy to Malcolm.

Malcolm's too black-sounding for me.

Malcolm? Maître d' at Canal bar?

agentapplejuice
02-22-2009, 04:46 PM
this thread makes me happy

Xenocide
02-23-2009, 03:53 AM
this is totally the best thread ever...

Monklish
02-23-2009, 03:54 AM
He should have smacked that stupid hat off your face while he was at it.

Why would the doctor smack me at your birth? I ain't your daddy. Lord knows no one would fess up to such a claim.

nbvwes
02-23-2009, 04:18 AM
Sparks, you DO realize the only reason you put me on ignore was because you had a stick up your ass on april fools day, don't you?

Irony indeed...

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/marc242/MJA.jpg

greghead
02-23-2009, 05:03 PM
mja is the second funniest person on this board; putting him on ignore confirms you have no sense of humor

Drewski27
02-23-2009, 08:47 PM
MJA, if i ever find you this year, i will buy you a churro AND a beverage of your choice. just becasue you make being here worth being here. you're better than jesus.

iloveorangejuice
02-24-2009, 09:27 AM
i've already wished he would die of cancer.

Gribbz
02-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Cancer died of MJA.

Donaldj
02-24-2009, 11:43 AM
We're not the same person, although we do share a similar brilliance (read as: he does a pale imitation of my brilliance).

LoL, I still can't believe there are those you haven't figured out who you are yet.

WhyTheLongFace
02-25-2009, 02:03 AM
Cancer died of MJA.

I chuckled

biggfoot17
02-28-2009, 07:19 PM
MJA has one of the best avatars around

haha don't you want to just slap that kid?

mountmccabe
03-01-2009, 08:19 PM
I just saw a post by airguitarvet and did a facepalm.

Also it looks like if I had kept up with this thread that facepalm would've happened earlier. Oops.

So, umm, sorry, malcolmjamalawesome.

know ID ya
03-02-2009, 11:55 AM
MJA: Enjoy Buckethead
Me: I feel like your statement is an indirect way of telling me I am a Fucking Idiot, but thanks.
MJA: I was being nice. Check my posts. I'm usually nice.
Me: I recognize your name and avatar, and you are usually a cocky asshole.
MJA: You're thinking of mean malcolmjamalawesome. He blows. He's way sweet over here.

Then I checked his posts, and sure enough, he is right. When he states that he is going to piss on you, and that you're a piece of shit, you just need to think, "maybe I am a piece of shit, maybe I do deserve to be pissed on?" Once the self-realization kicks in, you can thank him for merely pointing out what everyone else is already thinking. Then it becomes funny again.

BROKENDOLL
03-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Passive when you were born the doctor smacked you on the ass and sighed, "Boss time..."

He should have smacked that stupid hat off your face while he was at it. Monkliosh fathered you, Passive?

Why would the doctor smack me at your birth? I ain't your daddy. Lord knows no one would fess up to such a claim. Denial, at it's best.