PDA

View Full Version : 3-day pass---$290

jentryjo
02-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey everyone,

I am trying to sell my 3-day pass because I unfortunately cannot make it to the festival this year. I am willing to negotiate on the price, but since I had to pay $310 for it, I want to try to get as close to what I paid as possible (since I am a poor college student). :)

Feel free to contact me anytime.
Thanks!
-Jentry

rhcpdude13
02-19-2009, 09:47 PM
ill buy for $190. im a poor college student too

Sleepingrock
02-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Jentry is quite a name

Is that your given name?? Where from?

I need details here boy/girl

lukeandciba
02-20-2009, 06:06 PM
feel free to PM me on if it is still available and how you would propose to go at it.

emllik
02-20-2009, 07:18 PM
if you still have the tickets, I would probably buy them. Contact me if you're interested.

paulct
02-20-2009, 07:35 PM
3 day passes will be no more than 200 in a few weeks. It happens every year the month before the show.

SF_Excuse
02-23-2009, 03:27 PM
UMMM.... really?

paulct
02-23-2009, 04:32 PM
3 day passes will be no more than 200 in a few weeks. It happens every year the month before the show.

(on ebay and craigslist)

JorgeC
02-23-2009, 06:02 PM
(on ebay and craigslist)

nope.

paulct
02-23-2009, 06:04 PM
nope what

SF_Excuse
02-24-2009, 11:38 AM
like no fucking way 3 day passes sell for $200 late in the game. That would be like selling Animal Collective tickets for face value after they sell out... (fucking bullshit they don't I might add)

pocket
02-24-2009, 11:47 AM
nope.

they really do every year. this is kinda fact. last year you could get into the sunday day for $20 and on friday for 30-40. with a festival there are a ton of cheap tickets come a few days before the show. people cant go, scalpers have extras, and the amount of people that buy tickets to coachella to resell are numerous, it really becomes a buyers market where you name your price for a ticket, especially when a day doesnt sell out. thats how i tend to get my tickets each year. sans 2007.

JorgeC
02-24-2009, 11:51 AM
nope what

let me elaborate, nope, they don't sell for $200 on ebay or craigslist. if you do find them, you better hope they actually work to get you in.

you're the dick that also agreed that it's okay to try to sell a $20 SMD ticket and a $23 Cut Copy ticket for $40 a piece, so what is it? Buy high or buy low, make up your mind little beeyotch.

JorgeC
02-24-2009, 11:53 AM
they really do every year. this is kinda fact. last year you could get into the sunday day for $20 and on friday for 30-40. with a festival there are a ton of free tickets come a few days before the show. thats how i tend to get my tickets each year. sans 2007.

yeah, at the festival, not on ebay and IF on craigslist, usually in the Palm Springs area from people that had flakey friends or just too drugged out/hung over to go the last day.

pocket
02-24-2009, 11:58 AM
yeah, at the festival, not on ebay and IF on craigslist, usually in the Palm Springs area from people that had flakey friends or just too drugged out/hung over to go the last day.

i got my friday tickets on ebay and my sunday from craigslist los angeles. sorry to poke holes in this but seriously you can get tickets to any sold out show for face or less than day of shows through craigslist if you spend time refreshing it.

JorgeC
02-24-2009, 12:30 PM
i'm not saying it's not possible, you got a Friday and you got a Sunday at a cheap price. That's not the same as a 3-day pass. The person above is making it sound like there will be tons of $200/3day passes available and no one should buy anything now. not going to happen. if you have the money and want to support the festival and are dedicated to going, just buy the ticket.

as for the point of other sold out shows, I also agree with you, where there's a will, there's a way. Just depends on how dedicated you are to going and taking a chance on showing up at the venue with no ticket or possibly spending minutes to hours on CL (god knows we spend plenty of time on this messageboard, why not do CL at the same time, right?). That is not time that everyone is willing to take and also not a risk that everyone is willing to take.

Cheddar's Cousin
02-24-2009, 02:33 PM
The person above is making it sound like there will be tons of $200/3day passes available and no one should buy anything now.

There will be.

No one should.

marooko
02-24-2009, 02:41 PM
i know someone whos last name is Gentry. maybe they'll buy it.

marooko
02-24-2009, 02:41 PM
There will be.

No one should.

i got my sunday ticket last year for 65 bones. good times.

hellscrape
02-24-2009, 03:47 PM
didn't last year sell out once prince was official?

take your chances, but if they pull out a crazy card like that, you can bet that at least one day could easily sell out.

pocket
02-24-2009, 04:14 PM
i'm not saying it's not possible, you got a Friday and you got a Sunday at a cheap price. That's not the same as a 3-day pass. The person above is making it sound like there will be tons of $200/3day passes available and no one should buy anything now. not going to happen. if you have the money and want to support the festival and are dedicated to going, just buy the ticket.

well thats 2 of three days, i got the saturday ticket for face from the venue as they sold them at the gate, so that made a 3 day pass for less than $150.

i understand the support the festival blah blah blah, but scalpers supported it by buying tons of tickets, at least they should get used by the smart cost conscious fan.

maybe if coachella did what other festivals did by offering cheaper presale tickets or tired tickets i would buy a ticket early but really there is no need to.

and honestly, i believe there will be a ton of tickets cheap this year, just like last year, just like every year (cept the day radiohead headlined and the day of RATM)

pocket
02-24-2009, 04:15 PM
i got my sunday ticket last year for 65 bones. good times.

you got ripped off, thats more than i paid for my friday + sunday ticket.

paulct
02-25-2009, 12:31 PM
This is my 7th coachella. EVERY YEAR i buy on craigslist or ebay and pay no more than 50 a day. The closer to the date of the show, the more and more tickets go this low, no matter which day. I have no reason to lie about this. People all over the country buy a shitload of tickets to scalp and it never sells out, or they just cant make it to the show. Obviously stay away from scam artists on craigslist and always make sure to get hard tickets. Im not here to argue, just stating the fact that there is no reason to pay more than 150-200 for a 3 day pass this year, or any other year. The tickets on ebay and craigslist were already bought by who is selling them so its not ripping the festival off. The fact that you are on here telling people they cant get a 3 day pass for under 200 is just flat out wrong. And by 3 day pass, of corse there is no such thing as a 3 day pass, its just a ticket for each day.