PDA

View Full Version : Annoying stuff

BillyCrystal
02-15-2009, 01:05 AM
Everything on this list annoys me. What's most annoying?

BROKENDOLL
02-15-2009, 01:27 AM
Lately? Lists and Polls. Yep, damn things annoy the shit out of me, especially when they interfere with my finding the Drunk Thread in a timely manner...

boarderwoozel3
02-15-2009, 01:29 AM
Religious people, Baaa-aaaaa-aaa.

I would have voted for you, Mr. Billy Crystal, in your Oscar hosting days had it been a choice.

sames44
02-15-2009, 08:41 AM
"chillax." I fucking hate that shit, I cringe every time I hear some moron say it.

rskapcat
02-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Athiests, easily. The first thing I thought of was my Wiccan-wannabe friend from high school. *eyeroll* I still want to punch her over a decade later. She didn't come to my wedding because I got married in a church. I think if a person is truly secure in his or her beliefs, he or she shouldn't feel the need to put down another person's beliefs.

Pixiessp
02-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Athiests, easily. The first thing I thought of was my Wiccan-wannabe friend from high school. *eyeroll* I still want to punch her over a decade later. She didn't come to my wedding because I got married in a church. I think if a person is truly secure in his or her beliefs, he or she shouldn't feel the need to put down another person's beliefs.

QFT, although I voted "Chillax".

boarderwoozel3
02-15-2009, 11:10 AM
^ That's ridiculous. She really should have come to the wedding.

MissingPerson
02-15-2009, 12:05 PM

Uh... if she's a Wiccan, she's not really an atheist though, right?

EDIT: And yeah, she should have gone to the damn wedding. Yeesh.

humanoid
02-15-2009, 12:38 PM

I think if you vote atheists, you must vote for both, as it is only one side of the coin...people on either side of that debate can be ridiculously annoying

I understand your personal connection due to the wedding issue though, which is a terrible thing for a friend to do someone

SubBass49
02-15-2009, 12:54 PM
I voted for New England Patriots fans, though the religious people would be a close 2nd place. Nothing quite like being cornered by two or three Mormons while out walking your dog and having them heap pamphlets on you after they pretend to just be random cool people that want to ask you what breed your dog is.

Fuck it. Can I change my vote?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-15-2009, 01:37 PM
religious people
gah

Cheddar's Cousin
02-15-2009, 02:22 PM
I literally want to kill people who use "literally" figuratively...literally.

Patriot fans are next on the list.

rskapcat
02-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Uh... if she's a Wiccan, she's not really an atheist though, right?

EDIT: And yeah, she should have gone to the damn wedding. Yeesh.

Haha! True...I guess I was still so pissy about the whole thing that I threw her into the athiest bag! :p

rage patton
02-15-2009, 02:31 PM
rskap, I still laugh everytime I see your sig. Fucking priceless.

Boourns
02-15-2009, 02:55 PM
The Patriots were caught cheating and nobody cared. But I still voted for religious nuts.

zenidogx
02-15-2009, 03:05 PM
i don't give a fuck about what your dog can do. i don't care what you can do either.

zajaa
02-15-2009, 04:05 PM
also annoying: people who misuse their / there / they're

you finished third grade right?

rskapcat
02-15-2009, 05:25 PM
I think if you vote atheists, you must vote for both, as it is only one side of the coin...people on either side of that debate can be ridiculously annoying.

I understand your point. Zealots of any sort are obnoxious. Since I'm already down with Jeebus, I've never had anyone try to "sell" me on religion. So I haven't dealt with the Bible-thumper annoyances that some of you obviously have. I've never judged anyone because of their beliefs, so it blew my mind that someone was so bothered by our belief differences. I think everyone has to go with what works for them. If it's God, that's fine. If it's an absence of belief, that's fine, too. I'm really sorry that some of you have dealt with pushy, judgmental Christians.

SubBass49
02-15-2009, 05:27 PM
I think the saying goes something like, "I don't mind Jesus...it's his fanclub that I can't stand."

Rockstarboy37
02-15-2009, 05:28 PM
People with cats think they're so damn smart. I bet your cat doesn't know how to search and rescue in the snow does it? nope

cause it's a fucking cat

oh and jesus freaks freak me out.

flowbee
02-15-2009, 05:30 PM
"chillax." I fucking hate that shit, I cringe every time I hear some moron say it.

It was a pretty cool thing to say in 2001

zajaa
02-15-2009, 05:30 PM
...I've never judged anyone because of their beliefs...

i dunno if this is as noble a stance as you think it is. people believe some dumb ass shit.

religious conviction has led to many of history's worst atrocities, and continues to do so today.

forcing people to believe / not believe something seems wrong. but judgement is something we all exercise whether we admit it or not.

jimmycrackcorn
02-15-2009, 05:33 PM
narrow parking spaces :mad: :afu:mad:

rskapcat
02-15-2009, 05:57 PM
i dunno if this is as noble a stance as you think it is. people believe some dumb ass shit.

religious conviction has led to many of history's worst atrocities, and continues to do so today.

forcing people to believe / not believe something seems wrong. but judgement is something we all exercise whether we admit it or not.

Okay, I'll clarify what I meant. I don't choose my friends based on what they believe. I have Christian friends, Buddhist friends, agnostic friends, etc. Whether or not they pray to the same deity as me, or whether or not they pray at all, isn't a factor I consider when I decide to be friends with someone. I'm not trying to be "noble".
The only time a person's beliefs would matter to me is if those beliefs are related to an action on that person's part with which I don't agree, such as disrespecting someone of a different faith or something wacky like animal sacrifice! :p But I would be judging them on the action, not the beliefs. Make sense?
Could I have chosen multiple annoyances in this poll? 'Cause I totally would've voted for all of them except Patriots fans!

MissingPerson
02-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Plus atheists are really, really attractive.

zajaa
02-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Plus atheists are really, really attractive.

agnostics r hotter duhz

MissingPerson
02-15-2009, 06:02 PM
They don't have our bad girl appeal.

MeowMixer
02-15-2009, 06:37 PM
THe dog people fo sho.

BillyCrystal
02-15-2009, 07:21 PM
i'm surprised more people aren't annoyed by Stephanie from Full House. I mean, she was never funny at all. Totally unnecessary as a character.

Also, i'm a little surprised that "chillax" is getting more votes than people who talk about how smart their dog is. Like, even the world's smartest dog is stupider than the dumbest human...so annoying.

BillyCrystal
02-15-2009, 07:28 PM
also, aren't wiccans atheists? like, they're religious (or "spiritual" or whatever), but they don't believe in god, right?

MissingPerson
02-15-2009, 07:31 PM
They have some sort of earth spirit thing going though, right?

Dunno. They've got some sort of religious system as I understand it, pardon my ignorance.

rskapcat
02-15-2009, 07:52 PM
You're on the right track, MP. Something about the goddess and spirits in nature and such.

SometimesNJ
02-15-2009, 08:37 PM
the word chillax is awesome

paulb
02-15-2009, 08:41 PM
religious people...

agentapplejuice
02-16-2009, 11:33 PM
every time someone utters the word "chillax" an angel gets it's wings ripped off

BKsaysAction!
02-17-2009, 01:17 AM
Yeah i voted patriots fans but religious people and athiests both get on my nerves because they're constantly both shoving their points down your throat. I just say "Who knows? we'll find out when we're dead so relax," I mean i respect all of your opinions just don't tell me i'm wrong it can only be INSERT GOD(s).

ELIZA83TH
02-28-2013, 12:33 AM
omg, i literally just died reading this.

Zafocaine
03-21-2013, 12:04 AM

Agreed. It's one of many. I like to hide the cringe, and play along. Don't reveal too much =O

fatbastard
03-21-2013, 09:07 PM
I’d like to take this moment to ask, has anyone ever insinuated that you are a dead ringer for a Randy mini-me? No problem with it, but the comparison is frightening.

santasutt
03-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Hating on Patriots fans is sooooo 2007.

Zafocaine
03-22-2013, 12:22 AM
I’d like to take this moment to ask, has anyone ever insinuated that you are a dead ringer for a Randy mini-me? No problem with it, but the comparison is frightening.

Who the shit is Randy? I'm sure if you had both of us side by side, you'd realize quickly who the mini of us is.

Miroir Noir
03-22-2013, 09:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hXydX9p_ZxA

Eddie S.
03-25-2013, 11:00 PM
The word "chillax" was the strongest answer but with some thought, religious talk literally makes me nauseous.

CaseSensitive
03-26-2013, 10:28 AM
haha, Stephanie from Full House? How rude. My six year old watches Full House every day. It's so strange to watch it as an adult. Jody Sweetin had jokes though!

Kimmy Gibbler: "Check out your horoscope, Stephanie?"
Stephanie: "Horoscope? What's that? A telescope that can only see YOUR face?"