PDA

View Full Version : Nikka Costa anyone?

JewFace
02-14-2009, 05:46 AM
How has this stunning L.A. woman only played Coachella once? While she's a fine recording artist, she truly shines when performing live. She's a born performer. I haven't seen anyone whip a crowd into a hot, sweaty frenzy the way this funky siren does. Such an incredible voice -- I get chills when she lets that funk/soul wail out on the high notes. And you have never seen a woman work a mic stand like this before.

Before Amy, before Duffy, before Adele, before whichever blue-eyed soul lady is next in line, there was Nikka.

It's about time that Coachella has Nikka back, don't you think?

Live Hotness:
gRJTkoZ98Cs

Some of the new(ish) material:
GcyMOnHDWSs

MissingPerson
02-14-2009, 05:51 AM
And where is Everybody's Got Their Something...? :)

sassypants
02-14-2009, 07:05 AM
she's awesome. saw her for the first time at El Rey in Oct.

JewFace
02-14-2009, 10:11 AM
And where is Everybody's Got Their Something...? :)

That's one of the rare songs that I don't feel transfers well to a live setting. I mean it's fun with the whole audience singing along, but it doesn't hold up when you watch live performances of the song later. It's usually placed towards the end of her set and she is one hot sweaty mess by the end of her gigs. I mean this woman works on stage.

MissingPerson
02-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Really?

I have uh... whatever album that one's on, I bought it on the strength of that song alone. The only track of hers that really engaged me, but I couldn't imagine her being a live force. Hmm.

JorgeC
02-15-2009, 11:45 AM
i think Mark Ronson produced that first disc, so she clearly was blacker than Amy Winehouse earlier.