PDA

View Full Version : The Strokes !

rio_mufc29
02-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Would love to see The Strokes!! Anyone know what there up too?

Shooters08
02-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Recording new music.

ozmusic
02-14-2009, 03:31 AM
fuck yeah!!! the lineup needs somthing like this or k.o.l, t.w.s, korn. haha

kata rokkar
02-14-2009, 04:11 AM
well i hear limp bisquick is back together. just in time for the march surprise act!

pocket
02-14-2009, 04:16 AM
well i hear limp bisquick is back together. just in time for the march surprise act!

i dont care what anyone says, when i saw the bizkit back in the day, the shit was pretty cool. not my style, sad i was into that, but they put on a great show. those first family values tours some great high school memories for me.

biggfoot17
02-14-2009, 08:22 AM
i dont care what anyone says, when i saw the bizkit back in the day, the shit was pretty cool. not my style, sad i was into that, but they put on a great show. those first family values tours some great high school memories for me.

haha, i hate to admit it, but limp bizkit was my first concert when i was like 13. i had a great time, but there's a reason all those limp cds are burried deep away haha

as for the strokes...yes please

bluemamba
02-14-2009, 07:47 PM
When they say promises
They mean promises.
They'd say, "that's ok,
Long as we can celebrate"
You see, my uncle would say
things would change when he's dead

PassiveTheory
02-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Not happening. =/

clumsy342
02-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Next year.
Along with The White Stripes and Gorillaz.

bluemamba
02-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Id much rather have The Strokes headlining than The Killers.

ozmusic
02-16-2009, 12:25 AM

mate, i dont think i would ever see such a worthless band that does not give a fuck about the people who made them as artists. (the public). i recall one big day out (sydney) where a girl got crushed to death in one of there moshpits. it was massive news over hear papers,tv,radio ect. and there response to it was just to get on a plane cancel the rest of the tour and fuck off back home never to be herd of again! to most ozzies these guys are a bunch of idiots that will never be welcome back into our country

Rockstarboy37
02-16-2009, 12:30 AM
supposedly pharrell is producing their next album. Frankly after their third album I was done with the strokes. I hope they have a comeback though. I do enjoy a lot of their tunes.

I'm skeptical about the pharrell thing though.

boarderwoozel3
02-16-2009, 12:42 PM

haha, i hate to admit it, but limp bizkit was my first concert when i was like 13. i had a great time, but there's a reason all those limp cds are burried deep away haha

as for the strokes...yes please

Ha. I'm in the same boat. Had to get introduced to live music somehow and with no cool parent or older sibling to guide me... :nono

humanoid
02-16-2009, 01:04 PM
supposedly pharrell is producing their next album. Frankly after their third album I was done with the strokes. I hope they have a comeback though. I do enjoy a lot of their tunes.

I liked their third album the most, but I feel they are dreadfully boring live

bluemamba
02-16-2009, 08:05 PM

Where did you hear this?? LINK.

F00FIGHTER20
02-17-2009, 04:16 PM
yeah, i can't find that info anywhere... and i hope it isn't true..

Pharell may have produced that converse song that he, Julian, and Satogold did together.

Jakewc151
02-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Super-producer Pharrell Williams has told NME.COM that he wants to produce The Strokes' next album.

The Neptunes man, currently returning with his band N.E.R.D, revealed that he has already spoken with the New York band about working on their fourth record, which will be the follow-up to 2006's 'First Impressions Of Earth'.

"Julian Casablancas and I collaborated on something with Santogold (a track for shoe company Converse) so I'm talking to him about their next record," he explained. "I want it bad!"

The Strokes are expected to hit the studio later this year, and Williams is hoping that, having worked with The Hives last year, the band will take his offer seriously.

"Julian and I were in the studio together," he said. "We came together and did a track for the commemoration of the 100th year anniversary of the Chuck Taylor [shoe]," he explained. "I really wanna do it. I don't know [if Casablancas wants me], but I’d love to [produce the album]."

For more of the exclusive interview get this week's issue of NME, on UK newsstands now.

Meanwhule Pharrell Williams' Converse song with Julian Casablancas and Santogold is available to hear on NME.COM now.

http://www.nme.com/news/pharrell-williams/37303

brycerosen
02-17-2009, 07:21 PM
I want strokes at coachella bad