PDA

View Full Version : Repost? Daft new news! I HOPE?

trancehiphop
02-13-2009, 09:54 PM
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7014002758

Nidhi Sharma - Celebrity News Service Reporter

Los Angeles, CA (CNS) - Daft Punk, the electronic music duo consisting of French musicians, took home two Grammys winning Best Dance Recording for "Harder Better Faster Stronger" from 2008's live album Alive 2007, as well as Best Electronic Dance Album for the aforementioned LP.

The duo consisting of French musicians Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter beat the likes of Hot Chip - "Ready For The Floor," Lady Gaga & Colby O'Donis - "Just Dance," Madonna - "Give It 2 Me", Rihanna - "Disturbia" and Sam Sparro at the 51st Annual Grammy Awards ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday night.

Meanwhile the duo is headed to Shanghai for a show on February 13, it has been revealed. The single was first released on October 13, 2001. As part of the album Discovery, the song appeared in the film "Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem." A live version of "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" was released as a single from the album Alive 2007 on October 15, 2007.

"Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" features a robotic vocal performance by Daft Punk. As documented in the Discovery liner notes, "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" contains a sample of "Cola Bottle Baby" by Edwin Birdsong.

Copyright 2003 - 2009 AHN - All rights reserved.

DO you realize what this might mean?!?!?!

Noooo...Not that they might be performing at coachella, but that they might just be performing AT ALL this year. Is fucking awesome in itself. I just hope that the source is legit. And wasn't made by some little asshole who admires Daft. If it is true, I wonder, where and when they might play.

P.S. I do realize that there are wayyyy to many daft punk posts in this forum, so I just want to clear it up that I just am posting this in excitement that they are touring once again! YAY!

RedThom
02-13-2009, 09:57 PM
trance. I hate to do this to you but

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27220&highlight=daft+fraud

captncrzy
02-14-2009, 06:58 AM
Are you retarded?

betao
02-14-2009, 07:19 AM
You should go to the shanghai gig. It's sure to be a swell time.

captncrzy
02-14-2009, 07:40 AM
In fact, I bought a ticket for $70 but I'll sell it to you for $50.

R41N570RM
02-14-2009, 10:24 PM
WOW