PDA

View Full Version : What's the cutoff date for posting about adds

Trick Loves The Kids
02-13-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm wondering what the latest date will be for threads like this. Like, say I wanted to bring to goldenvoice's attention this little band called "Daft PUnk" they kind of make electronic funk muisc, I think they'd be a good add. What's the latest I can post about that? Like, the Tuesday before the Festival? Is that enough time for them to read my post, find out about the band, and hten book them? I am just curious.

humanoid
02-13-2009, 02:06 PM
up until the last performance on Sunday. GV is able to teleport bands to the festival any time they wish, they will work out the details afterward

R41N570RM
02-13-2009, 02:08 PM
there was just some of that teleportation-static right before Fatboy Slim played last year.

zenidogx
02-13-2009, 02:11 PM
how long would it take the Smiths to arrive in Indio? subtract that time from 10:15pm on Saturday.

weezy f baby
02-13-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm wondering what the latest date will be for threads like this. Like, say I wanted to bring to goldenvoice's attention this little band called "Daft PUnk" they kind of make electronic funk muisc, I think they'd be a good add. What's the latest I can post about that? Like, the Tuesday before the Festival? Is that enough time for them to read my post, find out about the band, and hten book them? I am just curious.

Daft Punk is not fuckin playing! JEEZE!! let it go already! They're working on new material. Ask for Daft Punk in 2010. 2009... out of the question!

Trick Loves The Kids
02-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Aww damn! Well okay, Golden Voices, have you heard of the Ramones? PRetty good punk band., seems like a good add for Saturday...

Gribbz
02-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Oooh oooh will GV please add radiohead and daft punk?!??! OMG OMG LOLZ

weezy f baby
02-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Aww damn! Well okay, Golden Voices, have you heard of the Ramones? PRetty good punk band., seems like a good add for Saturday...

The Ramones are not fuckin playing! JEEZE!! let it go already! They're working on new material. Ask for Ramones in 2010. 2009... out of the question!
Wait... Dee Dee? You sure?
And Joey?!
ok maybe they won't play in 2010 either.

AlecEiffel
02-13-2009, 04:28 PM
The Ramones are not fuckin playing! JEEZE!! let it go already! They're working on new material. Ask for Ramones in 2010. 2009... out of the question!
Wait... Dee Dee? You sure?
And Joey?!
ok maybe they won't play in 2010 either.

Marky for the Do Lab 2010!

Drewski27
02-13-2009, 05:23 PM
dee dee is working on solo material with help from daft punk at the moment. try back in 2011

shakermaker113
02-13-2009, 05:38 PM
up until the last performance on Sunday. GV is able to teleport bands to the festival any time they wish, they will work out the details afterward

can they teleport bands FROM any time they wish?

deeznutz
02-13-2009, 05:55 PM
what time zone are you in?

Jman4321
02-13-2009, 05:58 PM
dee dee is working what will no doubt be the worst audio recording in human existence with help from daft punk at the moment. try back in 2011

there we go.

BrettShipes
02-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Did someone mention Dee Dee Ramone?

H5-G2_1Zj6c

Jman4321
02-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Even Daft Punk couldn't save that flow.

And is that a sample from "Are You Experienced?"?

ELPOLLOLOCO
02-13-2009, 06:29 PM
fufufufufufufufufunky...first time i saw that was in the Ramones movie...

sacleonard
02-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Oooh oooh will GV please add radiohead and daft punk?!??! OMG OMG LOLZ

Don't forget Bowie.

Mak Attack
02-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Man, I was thinking the other day that it would be really cool if Golven Doice got my most favorite band The Smiths. Does anyone know if that is in the works??? It could happen...i mean Morrissey is totally playing on Friday.

Shooters08
02-13-2009, 09:50 PM
there was just some of that teleportation-static right before Fatboy Slim played last year.

Yeah, they brought in a shitty version of him.

zenidogx
02-13-2009, 09:53 PM
i wonder if Goldenvoice could get Joey, Chandler, Ross, Monica, Rachel, and Phoebe to reunite.

Xenocide
02-14-2009, 06:08 AM
i heardz that the nirvannas would be playings, is this true??

obzen
02-14-2009, 09:36 AM
how long would it take the Smiths to arrive in Indio? subtract that time from 10:15pm on Saturday.

youre obvoiusly being facetious,but a source says that The Smiths convention in LA in the last week of March will feature Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke,so...:rolleyes

shakermaker113
02-16-2009, 02:19 PM
i wonder if Goldenvoice could get Joey, Chandler, Ross, Monica, Rachel, and Phoebe to reunite.

ha!

AlecEiffel
02-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Did someone mention Dee Dee Ramone?

H5-G2_1Zj6c

The Ultimate Dee Dee jam:
1H0NEoRnKps

KungFuJay
02-16-2009, 02:39 PM
The Ultimate Dee Dee jam:
1H0NEoRnKps

I have this album. My favorite is "Commotion in the Ocean" feat. Debbie Harry.

I am a surf nut and the surf is up.....

M Sparks
02-16-2009, 03:06 PM

Jesus, Trick...I wasn't paying attention and just thought you were a random idiot. Almost had an stroke.

Carry on with your little performance art piece.

AlecEiffel
02-17-2009, 01:35 PM
I have this album. My favorite is "Commotion in the Ocean" feat. Debbie Harry.

I am a surf nut and the surf is up.....

My second favorite track from the Brilliant Dee Dee King album. That album's version of the Crusher rules too.

woogie846
02-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Kanye West was added when the set times were posted in '06.

KungFuJay
02-17-2009, 01:40 PM
My second favorite track from the Brilliant Dee Dee King album. That album's version of the Crusher rules too.

I wouldn't want to face the "Russian Bear."

BTW, how many different songs does he rap about his cat on that album?

AlecEiffel
02-17-2009, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't want to face the "Russian Bear."

BTW, how many different songs does he rap about his cat on that album?

haha, you know, I never really thought about that. I'll have to dig out the cassette and revisit. As stupid as that album is I really do consider it an unsung masterpiece.

KungFuJay
02-17-2009, 01:48 PM
haha, you know, I never really thought about that. I'll have to dig out the cassette and revisit. As stupid as that album is I really do consider it an unsung masterpiece.

I have a burn of it on CD. My best friend was/is a huge Ramones fan and I remember us finding that in the used CD bin when we were in high school, circa 1995 - way out of print, mind you. I bet we listened to that CD every Friday and Saturday night for about 9 months straight.

Edit: It was at Coconuts Records in Evansville, IN for those of you keeping score at home. :)

AlecEiffel
02-17-2009, 01:53 PM
It's one of those holy grail records for me. I look for the CD every time I go record shopping. I'll find it one day.

I could probably get it on ebay, I guess, but that feels like cheating.

krk67
02-17-2009, 01:54 PM
I have it on vinyl.

AlecEiffel
02-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Nice!

KungFuJay
02-17-2009, 01:55 PM
It's one of those holy grail records for me. I look for the CD every time I go record shopping. I'll find it one day.

I could probably get it on ebay, I guess, but that feels like cheating.

You'll probably pay an arm and a leg too

I have it on vinyl.

Winner.

KungFuJay
02-17-2009, 01:56 PM
It's time to rock
It's time to rap
It's time for the
Mashed potato attack

It's the latest
It's the greatest
Mashed potato

Well, i drive a mercedes
I like to impress the ladies
And knock out the home-boys too
This ain't the twist or the bugaloo
The mashed potato is in the groove
It's gonna make your body move
Make you snap, crackle and pop
I'm the master of hip hop

Mashed potato
Mashed potato
Yeah-yeah-yeah
It's the latest
It's the greatest
Mashed potato

I'm as cool as they come
You other rappers better run
I'm as strong as sly stallone
I take the beat home
I'm the man on top
I can rock and hip-hop
Other rappers gettin' sour
I'm the man of the hour

Mashed potato
Mashed potato
Yeah-yeah-yeah!
It's the latest (come on)!
It's the greatest (come on)!
Put som gravy
On your mashed potatoes

No one can beat me
At my game
I'm badder than def
Dee dee king is my name
The mashed potato
On the radio
On boom boxes
Whereveer you go

Mashed potato ...

AlecEiffel
02-17-2009, 01:58 PM
This has become the best thread on the board.

KungFuJay
02-17-2009, 02:01 PM
"The Brooklyn Babe" FTW

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0VXUNd5grEY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0VXUNd5grEY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KungFuJay
02-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Also, I bet you didn't know Dee Dee was a German kid.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GDeuiosLPIM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GDeuiosLPIM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

God bless you Debbie Harry.

AlecEiffel
02-17-2009, 02:07 PM
You know, I'm a pretty big Ramones fan. A Fan of Dee Dee in particular, and the line "the guy with the rhyme about the pyramid" has always stuck out and baffled me. Is that lyric a reference to itself?

KungFuJay
02-17-2009, 02:19 PM
You know, I'm a pretty big Ramones fan. A Fan of Dee Dee in particular, and the line "the guy with the rhyme about the pyramid" has always stuck out and baffled me. Is that lyric a reference to itself?

My friend Matt and I used to talk about that as well. The best thing I could come up with was (and this is a stretch) is "Endless Vacation." It doesn't mention pyramids, but it does mention "skulls bleaching in the dust" and "deadly spittin' cobras" - kinda reminds me of Egypt. Like I said, it's a stretch. But he really didn't sing that many songs - that and "Warthog" stick out, but he wrote a ton of them. Maybe he was looking for a word to rhyme with "kid" (which would be awesome).

Interesting coincidence, Matt emailed me a joke today:

How many Ramones does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Six: Tommy to notice that they're sitting in the dark, Monte to go to the hardware store to get a new bulb, Joey to reach up and screw it in, Dee Dee to sell the old bulb as a Ramones collectible, Johnny to dock their pay for the cost of the bulb, and Marky to show up later and act like he invented electricity

AlecEiffel
02-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Holy Cow! I'm trying to think up a way to fit Arturo into that, otherwise it's a perfect joke.