PDA

View Full Version : Why is Coachella anti Dulli & Lanegan?

sweet artie
02-11-2009, 01:58 PM
I saw Greg Dulli & Mark Lanegan perform an acoustic set @ the Troubadour in L.A. last night (they did Afghan Whigs, Screaming Trees, Twilight Singers, Gutter Twins & Lanegan solo stuff) and they were absolutely AMAZING!
I can't understand why neither of these brilliant men have played Coachella in any of their musical incarnations.
We should've gotten Gutter Twins this year. : (

HandBanana
02-11-2009, 02:08 PM
I think it may be because they require a dark set and GV thinks they arent big enough to play post 4.

But Im with ya man. I always wanted the Singers to show up.

An AW reunion would be IDEAL.

P.S. I think Lanegan showed up with Desert Sessions?

sweet artie
02-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Yeah. Sigh.
Thw Twilight Singers would be the best!
Dulli's lyrics are dark but their music is so uplifting.
It truly sooths my soul.
And a Whigs reunion would probably cause me to miss Coachella because I would die from a heart attack!

And you're right, I forgot about Desert Sessions ; )

I can't remeber, was Lanegan still in QOTSA when they played Coachella a few years back?

frozen pilgrim
02-11-2009, 03:39 PM
lanegan STILL tours with QOTSA.

Pixiessp
02-11-2009, 04:42 PM
I would love to see Afghan Whigs at Coachella!!

sweet artie
02-11-2009, 05:03 PM
lanegan STILL tours with QOTSA.

That isn't necessarily true.
I saw QOTSA twice on the last tour and Lanegan was nowhere to be seen my friend.

karecares
02-11-2009, 05:53 PM
saw him during the lullabies tour 2xs and did not see with the era vulgaris tour at all

saw the gutter twins early in the saturnella tour and they just blew me away. i swear lanegan's voice just does it for me, he could sing the phone book and i'd be happy

MissingPerson
02-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Saw Gutter Twins last year. Lanegan looked really tired and disinterested - like... more tired and disinterested than he's supposed to - but they were still great. Saturnalia's still a really strong album, although the sheen's dimmed a little...

saxomophone
02-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Sweet artie, do you have a setlist from the Troubadour? Or do you remember any of the Dulli songs played?

Givemean8ball
02-12-2009, 08:30 AM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26370&highlight=gutter+twins

robotrock1382
02-12-2009, 09:56 AM
they don't only play in the dark. Saw them at Lolla and they played at like 2 in the afternoon. And they killed.

also, Lanegan hasn't toured with QOTSA since the Songs of the Deaf tour.

IlliniQ
02-12-2009, 11:13 AM
I saw Greg Dulli & Mark Lanegan perform an acoustic set @ the Troubadour in L.A. last night (they did Afghan Whigs, Screaming Trees, Twilight Singers, Gutter Twins & Lanegan solo stuff) and they were absolutely AMAZING!
I can't understand why neither of these brilliant men have played Coachella in any of their musical incarnations.
We should've gotten Gutter Twins this year. : (

Was really hoping Gutter Twins would be on the bill also...love all their incantations but my personal favorite was Lanegan's Solo release Bubblegum...one of the decade's hidden gems, a phenomenal album that got great initial reviews and then critic's/fans lost site of.