PDA

View Full Version : UNDERWORLD

balletmina
02-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Come back to Coachella! Check them out... www.myspace.com/underworld

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-10-2009, 05:16 PM
on the one hand its a N00b just asking for trouble...on the other hand...UNDERWORLD BITCHES!!!

boarderwoozel3
02-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Yes, tons of people would be extremely happy if they get added, myself included, but this idea has been beaten to death around here. It's with the Chemical Brothers, Prodigy and Basement Jaxx right behind Radiohead, Daft Punk, Outkast, Gorillaz, Bowie, The Smiths, Talking Heads and BoC on the perpetual wish list.

But yeah, elation wouldn't come close to describing my reaction to Underworld playing Coachella 2009.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-10-2009, 05:19 PM
I for one do not care for the Chemicals anymore...I've seen them twice and their recent albums have been meh...and no way can they beat their set up they had in 2002...that was just sick...

BrettShipes
02-10-2009, 05:21 PM
I listened to an album of theirs and wasn't too impressed... can someone recommended a good one?

karma_guy
02-10-2009, 05:42 PM
i support this thread

menikmati
02-10-2009, 05:43 PM
I listened to an album of theirs and wasn't too impressed... can someone recommended a good one?

You should really listen to their live bootlegs.

shotglass75
02-10-2009, 05:43 PM

I would just download Bootleg Babies if you really want to get the full Underworld experience.

sportsbunny
02-10-2009, 05:47 PM

"Dubnobasswithmyheadman", "Second Toughest in the Infants" - both excellent

cured
02-10-2009, 07:12 PM
"Everything, Everything" DVD? ;)

Bud Luster
02-10-2009, 07:18 PM

Yes, everything everything is where it is at.

gooftroop
02-10-2009, 07:21 PM
i'm invisible, i'm invisible, i'm invisible

jaysocal
02-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Seeing them at the Hollywood Bowl was magical and truly did fulfill a life-long dream for me...Seeing them at Coachella would be OUT OF THIS WORLD!

Favorite album = dubnobasswithmyheadman
Second favorite = Beaucoup Fish

Their newest album (Oblivion with Bells) is actually incredibly genius...but it took some time to grow on me. If you want a fun set, download the underworld @ creamfields bootleg (from 8-24-02) -- its from the Radio 1 essentials mix....INCREDIBLE!

Okay, you may be able to tell I'm a bit biased (see my avatar)...but Underworld would make my Coachella.

betao
02-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Seeing them at the Hollywood Bowl was magical and truly did fulfill a life-long dream for me...Seeing them at Coachella would be OUT OF THIS WORLD!

Their newest album (Oblivion with Bells) is actually incredibly genius...but it took some time to grow on me. If you want a fun set, download the underworld @ creamfields bootleg (from 8-24-02) -- its from the Radio 1 essentials mix....INCREDIBLE!

Okay, you may be able to tell I'm a bit biased (see my avatar)...but Underworld would make my Coachella.

nice avatar! it's the same as my default facebook pic!

Underworld is real dance music with soul in it. Try to listen to Dubnobass and not want to get your groove on.

"Spoonman" is one of the most brilliant pieces of house/techno ever.

BrettShipes
02-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks all for the recommendations. I'm downloading some live and Everything Everything, I'll have a listen tomorrow.

cooperb1
02-10-2009, 11:42 PM
yes for the win

Silent Shout
02-11-2009, 05:56 AM
Please GV make it happen!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-11-2009, 05:59 AM
You should really listen to their live bootlegs.

true dat. Live Underworld KILLS.....

Derekx
02-11-2009, 06:57 AM
This will easily make Coachella for me, so do it GV!

Gribbz
02-11-2009, 07:56 AM
I'd check them out live..... but the first album I downloaded kinda put me to sleep. I guess I was expecting something else.

betao
02-11-2009, 08:13 AM
This is why you should check them out live:

f1JF1W_i0-I

tCfJqqEAjgA&feature=related

aYQ6_rdFWLo

redthreat
02-11-2009, 08:30 AM
aYQ6_rdFWLo

wow. that last video is insane. i would be losing it right about then.

miraj
02-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Rez :)

cured
02-11-2009, 09:25 AM
I was a huge, huge, HUGE Chemical Brothers fan way back in the day (still am, but). In 1999 the original Coachella line-up came out and was bouncing all over the walls with the Chems on the bill. A friend of mine told me I HAD to check out Underworld, so I kept that in mind. I'd only heard a song or two of theirs and thought they'd be a good catch, as well.

Well, the Chemical Brothers played the main stage and I was maybe 10 feet from the rail to the front of the stage. They were amazing. After it was over, a young woman came onto the stage and said that underworld was about to start playing on the smaller outdoor stage. So we walked with a huge crowd over there and I was a good 150 feet from the stage. That set, though, totally changed my shit up. It was sort of a religious experience and they've been my favorite band ever since. Seeing them is usually one of the highlights of my year.

So, when the idea comes up of filling out the Sahara tent, it goes without saying Underworld is always at the top of my list.

zomgitsme
02-11-2009, 01:28 PM
I hope so!!!!

BlackSwan
02-11-2009, 01:31 PM
http://www.macdirectory.com/newmd/mac/PAGES/music/Orbital/orbital.gif

sportsbunny
02-11-2009, 04:07 PM

I have to agree about the Hollywood Bowl show - it was almost a spiritual experience. I lost it when they played Rez and Cowgirl (Everything,everything)

Please bring them to Coachella this year!!

balletmina
03-02-2009, 01:01 PM

---------------------------
Hey, I can relate to your Hollywood Bowl experience. I live two hours away from LA and didn't hear a word about the concert so I missed the show. Was totally devastated... San Diego is pretty dead when it comes to techno music. The only way I could get over missing Underworld in LA was to fly to Jersey last August to see them at the All Points West festival. Was an amazing show! --J~

Grant
03-02-2009, 03:41 PM
http://www.macdirectory.com/newmd/mac/PAGES/music/Orbital/orbital.gif
Would make me SO happy.

Vic Viper
03-02-2009, 04:33 PM
I would sob like a BABY if they came to Coachella (again).

Distorted_Jungle
03-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Chem Bros, Basement Jaxx, Prodigy and Soulwax would all be way better add's than Underworld in my opinion.

OutOfmYminD
03-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Underworld please. Unlike some of the recent examples their last album was solid and they qualify as the Sahara headliner this year deserves.

diso dave
03-04-2009, 05:15 PM
My inside friends of Underworld have confirmed that they will not be playing this year....

sorry to burst your bubble, but believe.... there is no one who would LOVE see them on the line up more than me!

nbvcide
10-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Underworld 2010!!