View Full Version : Rothbury 2009

slurpee
02-09-2009, 11:44 AM
ROTHBURY 2009 IS ON!

YEAR TWO OF THE GROUND BREAKING FESTIVAL
HAPPENS 4th OF JULY WEEKEND, 2009
AT THE DOUBLE JJ RANCH IN ROTHBURY, MICHIGAN

LINE-UP ANNOUNCEMENT AND TICKET ON-SALE INFORMATION COMING SOON

ROTHBURY, last year’s break-out festival hit, returns to the Double JJ Ranch in Rothbury, Michigan on July 2-3-4-5, 2009. Look for artist line-up announcement and ticket on-sale information coming soon.

Building on the outstanding success of its inaugural year, ROTHBURY once again harnesses the unique 21st century American festival spirit to create an event unlike any other. With music at its core, ROTHBURY continues its mission to create a state-of-the-art large scale sustainable event and to organize and nurture community involvement that makes a difference. ROTHBURY is a huge party with a purpose.

This announcement ends months of speculation as to whether or not this highly anticipated festival gem would resurface. No two ROTHBURY festivals will be the same. 2009 attendees can look forward to even more over-the-top entertainment experiences and broadened VIP offerings unmatched by any other U.S. festival.

ROTHBURY’s bold social and environmental mission continues to manifest in 2009, building on last year’s topic of Climate Change and Clean Energy Solutions. Within the festival, look for expanded ROTHBURY Think Tank activities and even more cutting-edge festival implementation of ever-changing technologies in the quest for energy independence. Beyond the festival, via innovative community projects and local partnerships, ROTHBURY 09 offers increased involvement opportunities to make a positive impact locally, nationally, and globally.

As ROTHBURY Producer Jeremy Stein explains, “ROTHBURY is proud to host a community of conscious and involved fans who strive for a better future. We’re also extremely grateful for the support of our local neighbors and the greater Michigan community. Together – we’re raising the bar.”

Indeed, such unparalleled community support and involvement led to huge successes for ROTHBURY’s 2008 philanthropic programs and on-site environmental festival initiatives. Such initiatives included ROTHBURY's Music in Schools Program, ROTHBURY’s Solar Schools Program, the ROTHBURY Food Drive and The Conscious Alliance Can Sculpture, and ROTHBURY’s Greening and Sustainability Initiatives.
For details on these 2008 programs visit www. rothburyfestival. com

Stay tuned for 2009 ROTHBURY lineup announcement and ticket on-sale information, including ROTHBURY’s Ticket Layaway Plan.

ROTHBURY is produced by Madison House Presents and AEG Live.

microcuts
02-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Since I'm unable to attend Coachella this year, this is definitely a possibility for me, being a <3 hour drive from me.

I just hope the lineup is decent. Last year's left A LOT to be desired. If they can snag the Cure, I'm so there. Or omgradioheadlulz.

Young blood
02-09-2009, 11:46 AM
4 days!

How was the camping last year? Cabins?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-09-2009, 11:50 AM
its only camping? no hotels nearby?

Young blood
02-09-2009, 11:52 AM
http://www.doublejj.com/

They had a water park last year.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-09-2009, 11:54 AM
http://www.doublejj.com/

They had a water park last year.

um...

Double JJ suspends operations to ready for impending sale

Young blood
02-09-2009, 11:55 AM
yes, but they are allowing rothbury to take over the ranch this year.

sydaud
02-09-2009, 11:58 AM
its only camping? no hotels nearby?

When I tell you it's in the middle of nowhere...

Muskegon's about 30 miles south of Rothbury. The festival includes camping costs in your ticket price, if that tells you anything.

slurpee
02-09-2009, 11:59 AM
I went last year not expecting much. I live in Chicago so it is only about a 4 hour drive. I figured it would be a good time to spend the 4th of July weekend with my friends camping.....

I WAS BLOWN AWAY. It is was one of TEH best festivals/experiences of my life.

The camping is very similar to Bonnaroo...all over the place, no real supervision, and some spots are kind of far from the music. Although people in golf cars will drive you around as if it were a taxi.

You are more than welcome to enter/leave the festival grounds in your car. People were driving into town to get more supplies and/or eat. Some people we met from New York had a hotel they drove to each night/morning.

If anyone has any questions...lemme know. I can get some pictures online too.

NOTE.....I <3 Spicy Pie was there last year!!!

samiksha
02-09-2009, 12:49 PM
post pics

Young blood
02-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Sherwood Forest looks awesome. Needs more lasers.

http://flickr.com/photos/26543259@N00/2656791160

BlackSwan
02-09-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm calling Wilco right now.

Young blood
02-09-2009, 01:28 PM
tell em I say Hi.

Young blood
02-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Madison house manages these artists.....

Abalone Dots
Angelique Kidjo
Augie March
Born in the Flood
The Dresden Dolls
Drew Emmitt
Drive-By Truckers
JJ Grey & MOFRO
Los Lobos
Paolo Nutini
Secret Machines
Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars
Taj Mahal

and books for these....

Bassnectar
Break Science feat. Adam Deitch
Charlie Hunter
Chris Pierce
DJ Rekha
The Greyboy Allstars
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe
Kraak & Smaak
Lateef the Truthspeaker
Lifesavas
Lipp Service
Liza
Lotus
Lyrics Born
The Mighty Underdogs
Perpetual Groove
The Pimps Of Joytime
Pnuma Trio / Pnuma Live PA
Rachel Goodrich
RAQ
Reed Thomas Lawrence
Robert Walter Trio
Rupa & The April Fishes
Stanton Moore
Underground Orchestra
Yard Dogs Road Show

They also did something for sea of Dreams NYE

canexplain
02-09-2009, 01:33 PM
i have read many many posts by people that went there and they said it was hands down the best fest they ever went to ... it tends to be a jammy fest though, just to let you know ..... cr****

here is the link to last years lineup ... we are waiting for this year still

http://www.rothburyfestival.com/festival/artists.php

sbessiso
02-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I really wanna go to this one year

canexplain
02-09-2009, 01:36 PM
I really wanna go to this one year

well dude this is only the 2nd one :) cr****

pancakespancakes
02-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Of all of the new festivals that came out in 2008, this is the only one I really heard nothing but fucking RAVE reviews about. So for that, I'm very interested in going.

But a lot of the great talk was about the lineup, which to me, was pretty good but not necessarily great.... I thought OSL and Pemberton had better lineups personally speaking.

If the lineup's really good this year though... I'll be seriously conisdering it.

sbessiso
Its just like Sasquatch being in May (too soon after Coachella). This is only a few weeks after Bonnaroo. I need to make more money

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
I'll go to this when Radiohead headlines...*que Erik!*

seriously with all the green initatives at this festival why not?

pancakespancakes
02-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Why does Michigan have to be such a lame place to travel to, anyway?

For that... Pemberton and APW > Rothbury. :(

pancakespancakes
02-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Its just like Sasquatch being in May (too soon after Coachella). This is only a few weeks after Bonnaroo. I need to make more money

Oh it is? I thought it was in August... dammit. Now I really doubt I'll be going... unless the lineup is fucking orgasm-worthy... which, in theory, it could be.

Bosco
02-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Slurpee, is the festival close to the lake or is a bit away?

I only ask because I used to camp in the area with my family a few years ago at North Muskegon state park. And the best part of camping at this particular state park is that you're literally in walking distance from the camp sites to the dunes/lake michigan. If the Rothbury festival is anything similar, I might just go up there for that exact reason.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-09-2009, 01:40 PM
how far is Rothbury from Detroit?

Bosco
02-09-2009, 01:43 PM
they're on opposite sides of the state

so im thinking about 4 hours

Bosco
02-09-2009, 01:46 PM
if you were looking to fly to this festival, i think you would wanna look into flying into Grand Rapids or Lansing ( i think they both have airports). Otherwise I would fly into Chicago instead of Detroit.

canexplain
02-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Slurpee, is the festival close to the lake or is a bit away?

I only ask because I used to camp in the area with my family a few years ago at North Muskegon state park. And the best part of camping at this particular state park is that you're literally in walking distance from the camp sites to the dunes/lake michigan. If the Rothbury festival is anything similar, I might just go up there for that exact reason.

its about 30 miles north of muskegon but not on the lake .... they are super eco minded which is a good thing ... they even give you an ashtray for your butts lol .... and listen coachella, they have CLOTH wristbands (so they dont have to use plastic) .... here is a link to some dudes pics from last year (i dont know him) some of the pics are sort of lame and some pretty good but there is a shitload of them ... i didnt see any of the nightime forest being lit up and i understand they have a great fireworks show afterwards ... cr****

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a4hair/sets/72157594155978841

amyzzz
02-09-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm keeping an eye on this one. Maybe J and I can go to this instead of Bonnaroo.

canexplain
02-09-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm keeping an eye on this one. Maybe J and I can go to this instead of Bonnaroo.

amy the roo is going to be stellar and i would go if i could :( but people just rave about this fest ... there is a very very small chance radiohead will be there too :) cr****

rothburyfestival.com for the site

menikmati
02-09-2009, 02:05 PM
You're not going to Bonnaroo amy? I thought thats all you've been planning for the last few months?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-09-2009, 02:06 PM
You're not going to Bonnaroo amy? I thought thats all you've been planning for the last few months?

too bromatic for her...

amyzzz
02-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Jacob absolutely does not want to go.

edit: to Bonnaroo, that is.

menikmati
02-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Are you going to Coachella amy?

amyzzz
02-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Yep. Jacob only wants to go Saturday, but I will be going all 3 days.

menikmati
02-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Well good to hear.

dudezer47
02-09-2009, 02:15 PM
So I would trust those rave Rothbury reviews if so many of them didn't come from bitter Ex-Rooers who feel spurned by AC/Superfly's inclusion of rap and metal acts the past few years. It seems to me, that at least on Inforoo, there have been more than a few AEG plants pushing the fest extremely hard.

HEADSTRUCK
02-09-2009, 02:15 PM

its in july Salah not may

Edit; i see what u meant about roo...nvm

canexplain
02-09-2009, 02:20 PM
So I would trust those rave Rothbury reviews if so many of them didn't come from bitter Ex-Rooers who feel spurned by AC/Superfly's inclusion of rap and metal acts the past few years. It seems to me, that at least on Inforoo, there have been more than a few AEG plants pushing the fest extremely hard.

i only talk to real music lovers as it were imho .... not people from the roo board talking about rothbury although people seem to go to both ..... cr****

canexplain
02-09-2009, 02:20 PM
its in july Salah not may

july 2-6th ....cr****

Young blood
02-09-2009, 02:22 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w302/kbaumgar17/allgoodaerial.jpg
http://blog.mlive.com/chronicle/2008/07/01%20camping.jpg

apostle2
02-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Rothbury IS bonnaroo in a different location with a shittier lineup. Everything is totally copped, look at the camping style and organization and the set times from last year. It literally looks like they took the graphics for Bonnaroo's set times last year, erased the band names, and inserted their line up into the grid.

That said, if the line up is great, I will go. It won't be because they are trying to pick up hippies spurned by Roo, but if it is, I will go.

HEADSTRUCK
02-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Depending on line up I might go to this since I am not going to bonnaroo

pancakespancakes
02-09-2009, 04:35 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w302/kbaumgar17/allgoodaerial.jpg

Well she does look kinda pretty. Hmmm... not as pretty as OSL or Pemberton though, I'm sure.
But that's not exactly what I imagined Michigan looking like.

Rothbury IS bonnaroo in a different location with a shittier lineup. Everything is totally copped, look at the camping style and organization and the set times from last year. It literally looks like they took the graphics for Bonnaroo's set times last year, erased the band names, and inserted their line up into the grid.

That is interesting, I kinda noticed some of that myself... but I'm not sure it's SUCH a bad thing, even if it's a little stupid...

CalmerThanYou
02-09-2009, 04:39 PM
man, the line up looked awesome for last year (cues phish/hippy hate talk)

microcuts
02-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Well she does look kinda pretty. Hmmm... not as pretty as OSL or Pemberton though, I'm sure.
But that's not exactly what I imagined Michigan looking like.

If I might inquire, what exactly did you expect Michigan to look like? It's pretty much forests and lakes. Just as smoggy L.A. isn't representative of California (and honestly nothing would be considering the state's size), I'd hope you didn't think the industrialized ghetto wasteland of downtown Detroit was representative of MI.

canexplain
02-09-2009, 08:49 PM
man, the line up looked awesome for last year (cues phish/hippy hate talk)

calmer, they are promising a bigger and better line up this year too ... it will be a great fest i am thinking ... i told tygerlady today we need to go (and so she would hear it from me before she read it on this damn board :) .cr****

Aurgasm
02-09-2009, 08:54 PM
would rather be in NYC catching radiohead for two nights than staying a second in nowhere Michigan.

pancakespancakes
02-09-2009, 09:18 PM
If I might inquire, what exactly did you expect Michigan to look like? It's pretty much forests and lakes. Just as smoggy L.A. isn't representative of California (and honestly nothing would be considering the state's size), I'd hope you didn't think the industrialized ghetto wasteland of downtown Detroit was representative of MI.

Didn't expect it to be so forested, not to mention the small canyon in the back... I would have imagined more flat farmland with small rolling hills in the vain of stereotypical Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, etc. Not sure why...

canexplain
02-09-2009, 09:25 PM
it cool, i guess they put up a bunch of rainbow hammocks for you to lounge in walking thru the trees (sherwood forest lol) going from stage to stage .... thats different ... cr****

canexplain
02-09-2009, 09:26 PM
would rather be in NYC catching radiohead for two nights than staying a second in nowhere Michigan.

yea and what about camping in nyc ... get a knife in your back for sure .... cr****

amyzzz
02-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Damn, that does look beautiful. It's so green in the Midwest.

sydaud
02-10-2009, 05:00 AM
how far is Rothbury from Detroit?

they're on opposite sides of the state

so im thinking about 4 hours

It's just over a 4 hour drive from Detroit, correct.

And yeah, anyone flying in would want to fly into Grand Rapids. It's about 60 miles south of Rothbury. Lansing is around 120 miles away.

jdaws
02-11-2009, 08:59 AM
that picture makes it look really rolly.. i looked on google and the other images make the area look very very flat like the rest of glacier-smooshed michigan.. kinda disappointed. but i'm so glad that the fest is back on this year, couldn't afford to go last year. i have a cottage now thats 30 minutes south of this place! going to be sick

jdaws
02-11-2009, 09:00 AM
has anybody heard anything about rumored performers/approximate lineup release date? if so please share!

amyzzz
02-20-2009, 08:38 AM
bumpety bump for Ron.

canexplain
02-20-2009, 09:44 AM
bumpety bump for Ron.

tnx amy, its like every other board and site, we are told the announcement will be out today or march or some time grrrrrr .... rumors are good though for who it might be ...i keep coachella posted .... cr****

rage patton
02-20-2009, 09:48 AM
So the anouncement is rumoured for today?

slurpee
02-20-2009, 10:28 AM
You can sign up for instant updates @ http://www.rothburyfestival.com/

I believe they will text message everyone when the lineup comes out.

I really need to get my pictures online for everyone to check out. Problem is they are multiple friends digital cameras still :(

canexplain
02-20-2009, 10:31 AM
You can sign up for instant updates @ http://www.rothburyfestival.com/

I believe they will text message everyone when the lineup comes out.

I really need to get my pictures online for everyone to check out. Problem is they are multiple friends digital cameras still :(

yea tnx slurpee, i think i posted that somewhere ...yea josh, they said today, but the original date was sometime in march so who knows .... but if it is NIN, Janes Addictions, and radiohead (which i doubt) i can wait a couple of more weeks ... cr****

slurpee
02-20-2009, 10:47 AM
I am very interested to see the lineup for rothbury.

I don't think anyone would have ever dreamed last year would have gone so well.

The ONLY thing missing was some quality bands. It was filled with jam bands I had already seen 10+ times. I filled out tons of feedback forums telling them how great the festival was but they were simply missing better bands. Hopefully Rothbury takes my advice ;/

slurpee
02-23-2009, 09:39 AM
http://www.iclips.net/rothbury.php

There is a decent amount of video from shows at Rothbury. The video quality is pretty damn too good.

I suggest checking out the Primus set. It went from 2am - 4 am after the 4th of July fireworks. Probably my favourite set of the weekend.

The STS9 set it ok. If anyone isn't familiar with the band, those videos do a great job to show what they are all about. You can also see the ungodly amount of glow sticks in the audience.

canexplain
02-23-2009, 09:51 AM
http://www.iclips.net/rothbury.php

There is a decent amount of video from shows at Rothbury. The video quality is pretty damn too good.

I suggest checking out the Primus set. It went from 2am - 4 am after the 4th of July fireworks. Probably my favourite set of the weekend.

The STS9 set it ok. If anyone isn't familiar with the band, those videos do a great job to show what they are all about. You can also see the ungodly amount of glow sticks in the audience.

yea people dont bring a couple of glow sticks there, they bring hundreds or even thousands a piece .... i love glow stick wars , about the only kind of wars i like .... cr****

slurpee
02-23-2009, 09:58 AM
yea people dont bring a couple of glow sticks there, they bring hundreds or even thousands a piece .... i love glow stick wars , about the only kind of wars i like .... cr****

"I love glow stick wars, about the only kind of wars I like" Great moto!

I have heard a lot of the jam bands purposefully arrange thousands of glow sticks to be sent out during the sets.

I was standing really close center stage waiting for panic to start the second set. Instantly the music started and I fell to the ground. I couldn't figure out what had happened.....all I could see was colors flying everywhere. Turns out I got hit in the head with a few thousands glow sticks. For about 30 seconds it was raining glow sticks all over me.

jdaws
02-27-2009, 07:01 AM
i want my mo fucking lineup. please rothbury, release yourself unto us

stinkbutt
02-27-2009, 08:51 AM
That's a pretty good setlist from Primus

slurpee
03-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Received a Rothbury email this morning.....

EARLY BIRD TICKET ONSALE

EARLY BIRD TICKET ON-SALE Saturday, March 14 at 12:00 noon EST
GENERAL TICKET ON-SALE - Friday, March 20 at 12:00 noon EST

Good news ROTHBURY friends! ROTHBURY is offering a pre-sale opportunity to purchase discounted EARLY BIRD Weekend Tickets before the 2009 Artist Line-up is announced.

The pre-sale will begin Saturday, March 14th at 12:00 noon eastern time and will continue while supplies last OR until the start of the general on-sale – whichever comes first. The number of EARLY BIRD Weekend Tickets available is limited so if you can’t miss what ROTHBURY 2009 has in store (and we don't think you can), pick up your EARLY BIRD Weekend Ticket on March 14th and save yourself some cash.

The EARLY BIRD Weekend Ticket costs $229.50 (plus ticket fees) and is a general admission ROTHBURY Weekend Ticket. The Weekend Ticket includes a four day festival pass (Thursday through Sunday) and onsite camping/parking. RV Parking requires an additional pass – which will also be available for purchase beginning March 14.

The EARLY BIRD Ticket limit is 4 tickets per order.

Again, EARLY BIRD Pre-sale will begin Saturday, March 14 at 12:00 noon eastern time. Visit www.rothburyfestival.com to purchase tickets.

GOOD LIFE VIP Packages will be available at the general ticket on-sale on Friday, March 20th. Visit www.rothburyfestival.com for GOOD LIFE Package details, and ROTHBURY’s Layaway Program details, coming soon!

twoheadedboy
03-03-2009, 08:25 AM
i cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#358294736

amyzzz
03-03-2009, 09:08 AM
So I guess the lineup doesn't come out until AFTER March 14th? *sigh*

canexplain
03-09-2009, 02:36 PM
one lousy confirmed artist ..... grrrrrrr ... girl talk ... cr****

amyzzz
03-09-2009, 03:20 PM
meh.

microcuts
03-12-2009, 11:18 PM
...and Umphrey's McGee and some local band Steppin In It.

Yeah, I hope those early bird tickets are still around when the lineup announcement is made. Either way, $20 isn't that big of a deal. But this is too risky to make a commitment of any sort the way things stand.

Boourns
03-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Girl Talk has been playing every single festival since 2007.

BlackSwan
03-13-2009, 09:34 AM
I just saw the line up and it looks awesome. They did a great job of putting together a really balanced line up. People will be happy.

Young blood
03-13-2009, 09:37 AM
What is the line-up?

canexplain
03-13-2009, 10:25 AM
What is the line-up?

i am thinking he meant last year ... they have not posted this years line up .... now the rumor is that the line up will be announced sunday night at 1200 or early monday morning ... interesting that is after early bird sales but i guess there are only a handfull of early birds so it doesnt seem like a con i guess .... cr****

BlackSwan
03-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Listen to Ron. Be patient Yb, just a little longer.

Young blood
03-13-2009, 11:01 AM
you saw the lineup....yet don't want to say anything.

Supre jr.

BlackSwan
03-13-2009, 11:08 AM
you saw the lineup....yet don't want to say anything.

Supre jr.

Are you going to cry about it?

Young blood
03-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Yes, look at me, im all wound up over festival line-ups.

BlackSwan
03-13-2009, 11:18 AM
http://images2.ggl.com/images/crybaby.jpg

Young blood
03-13-2009, 11:19 AM
yes, baby pictures, lol.

Young blood
03-13-2009, 11:20 AM
and original. gods work blackswans.

BlackSwan
03-13-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm hungover... minimal effort today.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-14-2009, 07:34 AM
I wonder if the Rothbury line up will translate into a better Mile High line up? Considering how similar both line ups were last year..

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Anonymous on Mar 14th, 2009 at 8:36 pm
Apparently headliners are The Dead, SCI, Bob Dylan and per myspace Jack Johnson and Leonard Cohen are onboard.

whoa...if those are the headies and some of those translate to Mile High I will go for sure...

LooseAtTheZoo
03-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Apparently headliners are The Dead, SCI, Bob Dylan and per myspace Jack Johnson and Leonard Cohen are onboard.

whoa...if those are the headies and some of those translate to Mile High I will go for sure...

SCI? String Cheese Incident?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-14-2009, 07:16 PM
I guess.

shakermaker113
03-15-2009, 02:13 PM

woah. that's pretty solid.

Whiskers
03-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Meh.

Young blood
03-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Its up hippies.

Young blood
03-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Damien gong marley Jr and Nas is about the only thing I would be excited for and STS9 sets.

Whiskers
03-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Ok. So... who's playing?

Young blood
03-15-2009, 10:09 PM
http://www.rothburyfestival.com/

bmack86
03-15-2009, 10:12 PM
I could have fun there but don't see a particular reason that I'd want to make that trip.

Whiskers
03-15-2009, 10:13 PM
There are definately some gems in there. Not bad, but not great either.

The hippies are gonna cream themselves over String Cheese Incident and Phish in the same summer.

shakermaker113
03-15-2009, 10:15 PM
since nobody else bothered to post it, here it is:

THE DEAD • BOB DYLAN AND HIS BAND • THE STRING CHEESE INCIDENT • WILLIE NELSON & FAMILY • THE BLACK CROWES • DAMIAN 'JR. GONG' MARLEY & NAS • STS9 • G. LOVE & SPECIAL SAUCE • GOV'T MULE • BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE • YONDER MOUNTAIN STRING BAND • THE DISCO BISCUITS • LES CLAYPOOL • COLD WAR KIDS • JOHN BUTLER • CHROMEO • ANI DIFRANCO • MATISYAHU • GUSTER • GIRL TALK • FEMI KUTI & THE POSITIVE FORCE • MSTRKRFT • MARTIN SEXTON • FLOGGING MOLLY • RAILROAD EARTH • THE HOLD STEADY • TOOTS & THE MAYTALS • RALPH STANLEY & THE CLINCH MOUNTAIN BOYS • BRETT DENNEN • ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA • GRACE POTTER AND THE NOCTURNALS • SHPONGLE DJ SET • SON VOLT • JACKIE GREENE • LOTUS • SOULIVE • MAN MAN • PETER ROWAN BLUEGRASS BAND W/ TONY RICE • KING SUNNY ADE & HIS AFRICAN BEATS • KID CUDI • STS9 (LIVE PA SET) • THE GLITCH MOB • DAVY KNOWLES AND BACK DOOR SLAM • EOTO • PRETTY LIGHTS • MOSELEY, LAW, SIPE & DROLL • REBELUTION • QUANNUM ALL STARS FT. LYRICS BORN, THE MIGHTY UNDERDOGS, GIFT OF GAB & LIFESAVAS • TOUBAB KREWE • SAM ROBERTS BAND • HILL COUNTRY REVUE • KYLE HOLLINGSWORTH BAND • LIPP SERVICE + ELLIOT LIPP & MEMBERS OF PNUMA • 2020 SOUNDSYSTEM • BREAK SCIENCE FT. ADAM DEITCH • THE HARD LESSONS • THE LOW ANTHEM • UNDERGROUND ORCHESTRA • FUTURE ROCK • THE MACPODZ • STEPPIN' IN IT • GIANT PANDA GUERILLA DUB SQUAD • CHRIS PIERCE • RACHEL GOODRICH • THE RAGBIRDS • FOUR FINGER FIVE

Additional artists to be announced ...

Young blood
03-15-2009, 10:16 PM
I would take this over Hippieroo.

shakermaker113
03-15-2009, 10:16 PM
The hippies are gonna cream themselves over String Cheese Incident and Phish in the same summer.

not to mention the fucking dead.

apostle2
03-15-2009, 10:22 PM
It looks to me like they added Shpongle and Man Man to the Roo 08 lineup, then took away the best parts (MMJ, Sigur Ros, Ghostland)

Whiskers
03-15-2009, 10:24 PM
not to mention the fucking dead.

Phish and String Cheese Incident are both reunions though. The Dead aren't techincally a reunion.

Are you serious? This is WAY more "hippie" than the Bonnaroo 09 line. That and the Bonnaroo 09 line up is awesome.

Young blood
03-15-2009, 10:32 PM
I choose neither but if I had to choose rothbury is where I would be.

It's pitchfork, apw, and monolith for that I will travel for this year.

jdaws
03-15-2009, 10:42 PM
...disappointing

shakermaker113
03-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Phish and String Cheese Incident are both reunions though. The Dead aren't techincally a reunion.

really?

On October 13, 2008, the DEAD performed together for the first time in four years

by most standards these days, that is considered a reunion. though the lack of jerry might forever prevent it being considered a flaw.

Whiskers
03-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Exactly, The Dead performed not only last year, but they are starting a tour very soon. Of couse the hippies love The Dead, but they arent a reuin like Phish and SCI. I was talking about hippies getting excited because two of their favorite bands are reuniting this summer. But yes, they will also be very excited by The Dead.

Sushov23
03-15-2009, 11:16 PM
this lineup is comparable to Bonnaroo for sure, at least for me. Plus they also have adds to announce.

shakermaker113
03-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Exactly, The Dead performed not only last year, but they are starting a tour very soon. Of couse the hippies love The Dead, but they arent a reuin like Phish and SCI. I was talking about hippies getting excited because two of their favorite bands are reuniting this summer. But yes, they will also be very excited by The Dead.

I'm probably dwelling on this too much, but I fail to see how phish are a reunion and the dead are not. so the dead played a show last year and are starting a tour. phish played a show last weekend. phish are starting a tour. what is your standard for reunion?

Sushov23
03-15-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm probably dwelling on this too much, but I fail to see how phish are a reunion and the dead are not. so the dead played a show last year and are starting a tour. phish played a show last weekend. phish are starting a tour. what is your standard for reunion?

whiskers is too old, and he is a Canadian. So yeah, fail on both parts. J/K, but really The Dead is also a reunion. also String cheese incident retired in 2007 at bonnaroo, what the fuck happened to an extended break up guys?

Whiskers
03-15-2009, 11:58 PM

If I recall correctly, The Dead never broke up. They went on a "break" but they never anounced a break up. So this isn't even a reunion tour. Its just their first tour in 4 years.

Phish on the other hand anounced they were breaking up. Every year since the break up there were rumours of a reunion. Now, they are on their reunion tour. After this tour is done, Phish will no longer be a "reunion." That is, unless they break up again after this tour.

String Cheese Incident are a whole nother story. Shortest "break up" ever. Like Sushy said, they "retired" at Bonnaroo 07. I think there were rumours about SCI "reuniting" for Rothbury last year, and I guess they got em this year. So technically, SCI is a reunion because they anounced they were retiring. It was short, but it still counts. I wonder if this show is a one-off... or if they are touring though.

stinkbutt
03-15-2009, 11:59 PM
lucky bastards got Man Man

stinkbutt
03-16-2009, 01:47 AM
This SCI breakup was even shorter than you guys are saying. They actually played quite a few shows after bonnaroo in 07. I think October was the last one.

Stupid hippies can't even do a proper reunion

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-16-2009, 05:20 AM

fo real? I mean, this line up is more hippie then roo. Nothing on the Rothbury line up does anything for me.

JSam67
03-16-2009, 05:43 AM
fo real? I mean, this line up is more hippie then roo. Nothing on the Rothbury line up does anything for me.

No kidding, that's not even close to comparing to the Roo lineup.

betao
03-16-2009, 05:51 AM
jealous of shpongle dj set

but no thanks for the rest of it.

pancakespancakes
03-16-2009, 05:53 AM
Wow. This really isn't a bad lineup at all. I might be considering going to this if it's the only other chance I get to see BSS. It's pretty jam-heavy but considering that it's a really great lineup. We'll see I guess...

scoop49er
03-16-2009, 06:19 AM
good lineup for rothbury: good variety... not amazing, but pretty good.. :)

who i would see:
THE DEAD • BOB DYLAN AND HIS BAND • WILLIE NELSON & FAMILY • THE BLACK CROWES • DAMIAN 'JR. GONG' MARLEY & NAS • STS9 • G. LOVE & SPECIAL SAUCE • GOV'T MULE • THE DISCO BISCUITS • LES CLAYPOOL • COLD WAR KIDS • JOHN BUTLER • CHROMEO • ANI DIFRANCO • MATISYAHU • GUSTER • GIRL TALK • MSTRKRFT • FLOGGING MOLLY • THE HOLD STEADY • TOOTS & THE MAYTALS • SHPONGLE DJ SET • SON VOLT • QUANNUM ALL STARS FT. LYRICS BORN, THE MIGHTY UNDERDOGS, GIFT OF GAB & LIFESAVAS • TOUBAB KREWE •

sbessiso
03-16-2009, 06:21 AM
It's the same fucking bands over and over and over and over again. How many times do you need to see G. Love, Les Claypool, Matisyahu, etc. etc.??

Boourns
03-16-2009, 06:24 AM
Hahaha, seriously. Well, we have our festival whores, too. Especially in Europe. The Shits of Leon are headlining Oxegen two years in a row.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-16-2009, 06:25 AM
It's the same fucking bands over and over and over and over again. How many times do you need to see G. Love, Les Claypool, Matisyahu, etc. etc.??

Rothbury pwned by Salah.

JSam67
03-16-2009, 06:28 AM
It's hard to stay awake just reading this lineup.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-16-2009, 06:43 AM
lulz. that sums it up pretty well.

amyzzz
03-16-2009, 07:48 AM
shpongle dj set, leonard cohen.... The rest is very underwhelming.

canexplain
03-16-2009, 07:59 AM
damn, i am underwelmed also .... was hoping for at least one more big name .... might come in the adds but i doubt it ... yea yb and tch, this might be close to the mile high fest ... since it is just up the block, guess i might stick local (yea and monolith of course) .... fuck except for maybe bss, i will see a lot of those mid bands at wakarusa and home ..... cr****

slurpee
03-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Line up isn't too bad. I was planning on attending either way. I went last year and it was awesome regardless of the music. Plus it is only a 3.5 drive from my place. Plus it is a great way to celebrate 4th of July.

I HOPE The Dead play on 4th of July. Would be way cool.

Line up is missing on electronic music. Only thing that stands out at me is MSTRKRFT.

When the Rothbury line up was first released last year, Justice was on it. But was then quickly removed :(

canexplain
03-16-2009, 09:07 AM
slurpee, i would be there in a heartbeat if i lived that close .... it will be a really great fest i think but for me, that fest would run about 1500 bucks .... i would have done it for an add of neil young or radiohead but :( cr****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-16-2009, 09:15 AM
I would've gone to this for Radiohead for sure.

canexplain
03-16-2009, 09:22 AM
I would've gone to this for Radiohead for sure.

tch, i am thinking the roth lineup will prob be somewhat of a mirror for the mile high fest ..... with that lineup, i would stay local and hit that one up for sure ..... MHF just doesnt have a lot of soul as it were so far anyway.... keep our money in state i guess .... cr****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-16-2009, 09:27 AM
when do we get the line up for MHF? I found this from Mark Brown.

http://www.iwantmyrocky.com/2009/03/12/hot-tickets-for-march-13/

The Mile High Music Festival final lineup is still a semi-secret, but if you get in a panic, don’t harp. Some seeds planted earlier will soon bloom. If you phish for clues you’ll be disappointed…

so widespread panic but no phish. I don't understand the middle clue.

canexplain
03-16-2009, 09:35 AM
reader post:

Maybe I’m reading into this too much but this is how I interpret:

panic = Widespread (obviously)
don’t harp = Ben Harper & Relentless7
plant = Robert Plant?

Harper would make a lot of sense this summer.

guess time will tell ..... damn the roth sort of bummed me out ... i was expecting more i guess ... i dont think any fest so far this year has just flat out blown me away ....i know , waaa waaaa .... cr****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-16-2009, 09:44 AM
pretty much no festival world wide has that killer get. Except Coachella with Paul McCartney :D

but seriously none of the US music festivals are really standing out, outside of Roo and Coachella. the last major us festivals to announce their line ups are Outsidelands, APW and MHF. We all pretty much know what Lolla is going to look like.

canexplain
03-16-2009, 09:46 AM
pretty much no festival world wide has that killer get. Except Coachella with Paul McCartney :D

but seriously none of the US music festivals are really standing out, outside of Roo and Coachella. the last major us festivals to announce their line ups are Outsidelands, APW and MHF. We all pretty much know what Lolla is going to look like.

yea i guess it is some the ecomomy or whatever .... at least they didnt cancel like lagardo sp ..... tch, do you know of a MHMF msg board? if not, i think we should at least start a pro boards site ... cr****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-16-2009, 09:49 AM
well there is always a chance they could cancel. I worry about Coachella being canceled almost every day.

BlackSwan
03-16-2009, 09:49 AM
2020 Soundsystem is awesome.

sbessiso
03-16-2009, 09:50 AM
I must be tripping. I know there's no way Marco is fucking talking about Radiohead in the Rothbury thread.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-16-2009, 09:52 AM
I must be tripping. I know there's no way Marco is fucking talking about Radiohead in the Rothbury thread.

Radiohead is radiohead like radiohead the radiohead best radiohead band radiohead ever radiohead. It could be worst radiohead. I could radiohead be talking about mars volta radiohead.

BlackSwan
03-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Line up is missing on electronic music. Only thing that stands out at me is MSTRKRFT.

MSTRKRFT is horrible. These are all electronic acts to some degree...

STS9 • THE DISCO BISCUITS • CHROMEO • GIRL TALK • SHPONGLE DJ SET • LOTUS • THE GLITCH MOB • EOTO • PRETTY LIGHTS • LIPP SERVICE (ELIOT LIPP + MEMBERS OF PNUMA) • 2020 SOUNDSYSTEM • FUTURE ROCK

canexplain
03-16-2009, 09:54 AM
i will prob get flamed for this .... but give them say 10 years, and radiohead could be the pink floyd of the current generation ... i think they are that good and that innovative ... cr****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-16-2009, 09:56 AM
i will prob get flamed for this .... but give them say 10 years, and radiohead could be the pink floyd or beatles of the current generation ... i think they are that good and that innovative ... cr****

fixed :D

BlackSwan
03-16-2009, 09:57 AM
2020 Soundsystem live at Sonar05....

Y0quOsgZZ0g

sbessiso
03-16-2009, 10:00 AM
fixed :D

Radiohead are not The Beatles. That isn't an insult to RH. No one has been, is, or ever will be another Beatles. C'mon man, you know that

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Radiohead RadioheadRadioheadRadioheadRadioheadRadioheadRadio headRadioheadRadioheadRadioheadRadioheadRadioheadR adioheadRadiohead

fixed.

sbessiso
03-16-2009, 10:02 AM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00722/RSNF30BIZAA_280_722358a.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-16-2009, 10:03 AM
he is sad because he missed Radiohead in mexico too.

slurpee
03-16-2009, 12:17 PM
MSTRKRFT is horrible. These are all electronic acts to some degree...

STS9 • THE DISCO BISCUITS • CHROMEO • GIRL TALK • SHPONGLE DJ SET • LOTUS • THE GLITCH MOB • EOTO • PRETTY LIGHTS • LIPP SERVICE (ELIOT LIPP + MEMBERS OF PNUMA) • 2020 SOUNDSYSTEM • FUTURE ROCK

STS9 , disco biscuits, and Lotus I consider hippy jam bands. Not electronic. But that is my personal thing...

Chromeo and Girl Talk is more hiphop than electronic?

I saw 2020 Soundsystem on Saturday night and they sucked. I was really hoping for a cool show. I brought some friends and they were totally disappointed too. It was like a jam band wana be of LCD Soundsystem, with no vocals.

These other artists...I will have to check out at Rothbury. Thank you :)

miSTEVEious
03-16-2009, 12:52 PM
man that lineup is SICK, but then again maybe i'm a bit more hippy dippy than the average coachella indie wanker

shakermaker113
03-16-2009, 01:25 PM
If I recall correctly, The Dead never broke up. They went on a "break" but they never anounced a break up. So this isn't even a reunion tour. Its just their first tour in 4 years.

oh. I recognize that distinction. but by current industry standards if a band hasn't played in more than a few years they tend to call it a reunion. I hate it, but have come to accept it.

LooseAtTheZoo
03-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Meh.

deeznutz
03-16-2009, 06:21 PM
I can't stand 2020 soundsystem for their name alone. It's like they thought to themselves, hmmm that new group lcd soundsystem is getting some hype for their first couple singles, lets steal that name idea. We just need to use soundsystem and then a word that people usually associate with sight not sound.

prettydirtything
03-16-2009, 07:16 PM
goddamn hippies

weeklymix
03-16-2009, 08:23 PM
this lineup would not entertain me... kind of sad :(

Sushov23
03-25-2009, 12:03 AM
BUMP.

canexplain
04-06-2009, 07:08 AM
rumor is neil young at rothbury and maybe even phish .... just sayin .. cr****

amyzzz
04-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Wait, are you going to Rothbury, Ron?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-09-2009, 06:36 AM
hey now! Neil Young? Phish? The Flaming Lips? Sounds like Rothbury is going to be epic...

http://rothburyfest.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=music&action=display&thread=2402

LooseAtTheZoo
04-09-2009, 11:36 AM
hey now! Neil Young? Phish? The Flaming Lips? Sounds like Rothbury is going to be epic...

http://rothburyfest.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=music&action=display&thread=2402

Where are the Neil Young and Phish rumors?

This festival is looking better now, though.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-02-2009, 07:56 PM
:bump

so this can be moved to the festival sub forum :)

LooseAtTheZoo
05-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Good idea TCHY.

I might end up going to Rothbury this year. It's not out of the question

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-02-2009, 07:59 PM
That setting is amazing for sure...I just wish I liked the line up more...still loads better then Mile High (with the exception of Tool of course).

Naproxen
05-05-2009, 11:58 AM
I am seriously considering Rothbury this year, just the description of the "Sherwood Forest" makes get all happy. I can see this being another long weekend of dancing and what-have-yous

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-23-2009, 06:23 PM
from the Rothbury Twitter

http://twitter.com/rothbury

we will announce rest of bands some point next week. Grid to follow soon thereafter
12:27 PM May 21st from UberTwitter in reply to mberde
maybe we will get some amazing adds and I will have more of a reason to go to this...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-27-2009, 06:53 AM
so much for the "big" additions.

http://twitter.com/rothbury

Umphrey's McGee, keller williams, the white buffalo, parlor mob, reed thomas lawrence, wendy darling, big gigantic, lynx and janover added

samnco
05-27-2009, 07:01 AM
i know right..... I am going to Roth and i was a little let down... It's still going to be a fucking blast though.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-27-2009, 10:57 AM
I was thinking about going to this but I was going to wait for th final line up....now that we have it, I'm for sure not even going to attempt it. the setting along can't save this festival.

slurpee
06-01-2009, 10:55 AM
I might be going to Rothbury too.

Maybe I can find some cheap tickets on Craig's List once tickets are sent out.

Naproxen
06-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Rothbury or Electric Daisy Carnival for me, I can't afford both :-( I still have a few days to decide my fate though.
Edit:

ROTHBURY BOUND!!!!!!!!!

samnco
06-04-2009, 08:49 AM
latest update on the pending bktcy sale...fyi:

http://oceanaheraldjournal.com/news.php?story_id=33551

Posted: 6-3-2009
Double JJ sale loan awaits federal OK

By John Cavanagh

Herald-Journal Writer

Sale of the Double JJ Resort in Rothbury to Progressive Resorts LLC remains pending as a loan to Progressive needs federal approval before moving forward.

According to Double JJ Controller David Hinze, BankFirst, which is providing the loan to Progressive, is under federal regulatory control and approval for the loan has to come through Washington D.C.

“Apparently, paperwork was given to them (federal government) Monday. I think they’re supposed to hear back this week from the feds,” Hinze said. “So we’re delayed.”

Progressive also has an agreement with third party Vermantha to purchase the Thoroughbred Golf Course, and money for the golf course is included in the loan package, Hinze said.

Progressive Vice President Richard Coleman also said the sale remained pending and wanted to thank people for their patience.

“We continue to work towards the desired resolution, but have been delayed,” Coleman wrote in an e-mail. “I am not aware that the deal with Progressive Resorts is dead.”

Coleman also wrote that he was not at liberty to discuss the issue further.

Double JJ and its related companies filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in July 2008 after two banks began foreclosure proceedings right after the ROTHBURY music festival. BankFirst foreclosed on $18.7 million it was owed in principal, interest and penalties, stemming from a mortgage it made for the Gold Rush water park. Shelby State Bank foreclosed on a $2.1 million loan it originally granted in 2002.

In April, a federal bankruptcy judge approved a court trustee’s plan to sell essentially all the Double JJ Resort and assets to Progressive Resort LLC for $9.75 million. The sale did not include the golf course, which went to Vermantha LLC at a local foreclosure sale for $1.3 million.

Hinze said his biggest concern currently is to get the resort open so the 250-300 employees can go back to work.

“We’re running out of summer here,” Hinze said. “We’re holding and waiting.”

In the meantime, Hinze said what little staff is at the Double JJ is gearing up for the second ROTHBURY music festival set to begin July 2.

samnco
06-09-2009, 06:27 AM
21 days and im on my way!!!!

Naproxen
06-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Yesssss!!! I am glad I made my decision to do this instead of EDC, Sherwood Forest. I'll be lost in it.

slurpee
06-10-2009, 10:58 AM
I wish the lineup was better.

Although....cant beat The Dead.

samnco
06-10-2009, 11:38 AM
AH! its going to be great!

slurpee
06-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Bonnaroo, Phish, then Rothbury.

What a long strange trip it will be be.

samnco
06-10-2009, 11:47 AM
ha or how about an exciting adventure?

slurpee
06-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Hopefully the fireworks are better this year.

You would think a festival over 4th of July would have a kick ass fireworks show.

samnco
06-10-2009, 12:12 PM
did you go last year? were they not very good

slurpee
06-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Yes, I was there last year.

Fire works were OK...only about 10 - 15 minute show.

I was expecting a good 30 minute show with a crazy ending....

Although...don't let the fireworks fool you. The festival is top notch. I wasn't expecting much last year, but I was completely blown away. Even was awesome and very similar to Bonnaroo.

samnco
06-10-2009, 12:23 PM
And you are going this year also?
Im way stoked. I hear they have some crazy shit in store for us. I cannot wait. You are from Chicago? So much closer than I am. Im in Denver and am driving to Branson Missouri on the 30th of june and then up to Michigan from there.

samnco
06-12-2009, 11:29 AM
18 days and my adventure begins. SO EXCITED!

slurpee
06-16-2009, 01:17 PM
The kids at Bonnaroo had a lot of questions about Rothbury. Seems A LOT more people will be attending this year.

Anyone have a cheap Rothbury ticket they want to sell? :)

samnco
06-16-2009, 01:51 PM
I would look to infobury.com for that, or craigslist or something :) I bought mine they day they went on sale :)

slurpee
06-16-2009, 02:14 PM
I have been watching Chicago craigs list, but not many Rothbury tickets for sale.

I am looking for something in the price range of "well below face value" :)

samnco
06-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Yo , you going to this shit?? one week left!

slurpee
06-29-2009, 11:28 AM
All of my friends are going up on Thursday. I am only purchasing a Saturday/Sunday ticket.

Since 4th of July is on a Saturday, everyone has off from work on Friday. I am going to sell ice cream in my ice cream truck all day Friday (yes, I am an ice cream man). Once I am done selling ice cream. I am going to drive throughout the night to Rothbury. Arrive before 8:00 am and wait for them to let us in.

jdaws
06-29-2009, 02:39 PM
bring me some ice cream plz

slurpee
06-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Last night I purchased 2 Sat/Sunday tickets for $160 cash each. Online it was about $175 with surcharges/taxes. So not a bad deal...

My buddy just found 2 weekend tickets for $200 each. That is a much better deal.

Aurgasm
06-30-2009, 01:04 PM
wouldnt pay a cent for this festival.

slurpee
06-30-2009, 01:10 PM
wouldnt pay a cent for this festival.

Oh please, will you be my friend??

You are soooo cool.

canexplain
06-30-2009, 01:37 PM
i didnt go thru the other posts cuz i am being lazy ... roth is being broadcast online this weekend just sayin .... cr****

LooseAtTheZoo
06-30-2009, 02:35 PM
i didnt go thru the other posts cuz i am being lazy ... roth is being broadcast online this weekend just sayin .... cr****

Where? Hopefully not ATT, because I still can't access their Coachella and Roo videos without getting an error message.

miSTEVEious
06-30-2009, 03:00 PM
I heard rothbury is taking a BATH and has only sold ~10,000 ticket so far...no rothbury in 2011...

ED GEIN
06-30-2009, 04:23 PM
I heard rothbury is taking a BATH and has only sold ~10,000 ticket so far...no rothbury in 2011...

i find that hard to believe.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-30-2009, 04:23 PM
fuck!!! too bad....I was willing to go just on the setting alone....maybe if the line up was better I would've made sure I went....

Aurgasm
06-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Oh please, will you be my friend??

You are soooo cool.

Sure we can be friends. We just wont be meeting up at Rothbury.

8^)

slurpee
06-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Sure we can be friends. We just wont be meeting up at Rothbury.

8^)

So friend...

What are your 4th of July plans which will be better than going to a music festival with an indoor/outdoor water park?

canexplain
06-30-2009, 04:58 PM

i read 30k but if they do like coachella and others do, that could be 10k a day ... i know i have about 20 friends going there ..... cr****

btw, i think fuse is doing some i will check for sure... there is also this and this might be what i read .... enjoy ....ron****

For those not able to make the fest this year.

The Couch Tour

Festival Season is upon us in full force - Come celebrate the best music of the summer with iClips! We're traveling all across America to bring you non-stop footage of your favorite festivals and artists, so that you can watch it all from the comfort of your own home, office, or wherever you may be. So fire up the grill, settle into your couch, escape from the every-day, grab a seat by the pool, and check out the live broadcasts from this summer's greatest events!

All of the LIVE broadcasts below will be FREE! Stay tuned for further announcements, as we still have a few more events to announce!

July 3rd - 5th
Rothbury Festival

July 18th - 19th
Mile High Music Festival

July 31st - August 2nd
All Points West

August 7th - 9th
Lollapalooza

October 2nd - 4th
Austin City Limits Music Festival

slurpee
06-30-2009, 05:12 PM
I think a lot of people are going to drive to Rothbury on Saturday for the 2 day tickets.

The venue for the festival is awesome. One of the coolest places I have ever gone to an event.

canexplain
06-30-2009, 06:49 PM
I think a lot of people are going to drive to Rothbury on Saturday for the 2 day tickets.

The venue for the festival is awesome. One of the coolest places I have ever gone to an event.

thats what i have read and seen online ... my co worker has this week off for a family reunion so there is no way i can get up there :( .... so canx will be on his couch watching roth so its all good ... cr****

canexplain
07-01-2009, 07:27 AM
looks like rumbum.com is broadcasting roth 12 hours a day starting tomorrow .... cr****

slurpee
07-02-2009, 05:50 PM
My friends were some of the first into the fesival grounds this morning.

They report hippies for as far as the eye can see.....

I leave EARLY Saturday morning.

Looks to be colder this year.....the warmest it will be all weekend is 77 :(

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-06-2009, 05:44 AM
Rothbury 2009 a success!!

http://www.freep.com/article/20090706/ENT04/907060354/1039

Any worries about a sophomore slump seemed to be misplaced for the eclectic Rothbury music festival, a four-day stew of tunes, camping and outdoors partying held on the Double JJ Ranch in the tiny town of Rothbury, about 30 miles north of Muskegon.
Advertisement

The event featured a diverse mix more than 70 acts, with a heavy emphasis on rootsy performers like Bob Dylan, the Dead, Willie Nelson and the String Cheese Incident, but dipping into music across the spectrum, from hip-hopper Nas to electronic artist Girl Talk. Fans and artists alike gave the fest swimming reviews, citing the pleasant weather, the crowd's laid-back vibe and the beauty of the grounds, particularly Sherwood Forest, a woodsy enclave where festival-goers could go to relax -- or soak up an ethereal evening light display.

Exact crowd counts were not available Sunday evening, but organizers said more than 35,000 people attended, slightly besting 2008.

The State Police reported 72 festival-related arrests through Sunday morning, the bulk involving drug sales. That was an increase from last year, but First Lt. David Roesler of the Michigan State Police attributed the jump to enforcement lessons learned, along with a greater emphasis on cracking down on sales.

Through late Sunday afternoon there was no major trouble with the crowds, which he described as "not unruly" and "well-behaved from that perspective."

jdaws
07-06-2009, 12:16 PM
hope it did well enough to come back again next year

slurpee
07-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Got home a few hours ago.....drove from Rothbury lot to Chicago in 3 hours.

Of course Rothbury ruled.......anyone who doubted it....well you simply missed out on one hell of a party.

Now that the hippy bands have all been booked......maybe now we can get some more interesting artists to play......radiohead???

Notable acts of the weekend: Shpongle DJ Set and EOTO.

I had never heard of EOTO. It was really fucking cool. Live band playing dubstep and other interesting music. The drummer is AWESOME, it must be REALLY hard to keep up a dubby beat like that....he was getting it real hard. Live female vocalist came out for a few tracks....not sure about her name? They played from 2:30 am till 5 am at the "outside rave area". Place was PACKED with people getting down until everyone was kicked out.

PS.....After playing a 4 hour set....The Dead played an encore during the 4th of July fireworks @ midnight :)

Young blood
07-06-2009, 01:49 PM
I had never heard of EOTO. It was really fucking cool. Live band playing dubstep and other interesting music. The drummer is AWESOME, it must be REALLY hard to keep up a dubby beat like that....he was getting it real hard. Live female vocalist came out for a few tracks....not sure about her name? They played from 2:30 am till 5 am at the "outside rave area". Place was PACKED with people getting down until everyone was kicked out.

You have heard of EOTO but you just didnt know it. = dudes from string cheese incident

samnco
07-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Got back at like 5 am... it was so fucking amazing.. words cannot describe it!

amyzzz
07-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Got back at like 5 am... it was so fucking amazing.. words cannot describe it!
Do you have any pictures you can post and put captions with them?

samnco
07-07-2009, 09:45 AM
I can at some point. Like i said i literally got in, showered and went to work.. I can tell you my fav part tho. We were rolling and roaming around right before the dead and we lost our neighbors.. SO my friend and i went into the crowd, as far front as we could get and i look to my left and see this HUGE guy.. I asked him if I could get on his shoulders to look for my lost friends, dude totally let me.. I was WAY above everyone as he was turning me around slowly to try and find them... then the dead came out, everyone went nuts screaming and i was on top of the world.. it was AMAZING!

I dont have a cord to plug in my camera but at some point i will go get them on a disc and put them on the comp so ya'll can take a look... it was awesome!

slurpee
07-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Hopefully I can get some pictures from friends soon...I didn't have my camera.

....EOTO at the outdoor rave area - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoX4MHZoRTg

Dubstep till 5 am :)

amyzzz
07-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Still waiting for pictures, guys. Come on.

samnco
07-15-2009, 07:05 AM
yeah i still have yet to upload any pics online.. and when i do.. i didnt take many..

amyzzz
07-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Yeesh, you're worse than I am! ;)

samnco
07-15-2009, 12:55 PM
yeah there are some of me that others posted on FB but they arent of anything interesting.. i know how people around here hate pictures of people who are not interesting.. but eventually i will have to get some cool ones. String Cheese was the most insane shit i have ever seen in my life.. if you youtube string cheese rothbury you will see what i mean.. biggest fucking ball i have ever seen... but more info will come when i get around to it :)

faxman75
07-15-2009, 01:00 PM
We don't care samnco. We will take any pictures in this thread. Post them all if you like, we won't complain!

amyzzz
07-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Srsly, none of the meanies post in this thread anyway.

TommyboyUNM
07-15-2009, 02:45 PM
yeah there are some of me that others posted on FB but they arent of anything interesting.. i know how people around here hate pictures of people who are not interesting.. but eventually i will have to get some cool ones. String Cheese was the most insane shit i have ever seen in my life.. if you youtube string cheese rothbury you will see what i mean.. biggest fucking ball i have ever seen... but more info will come when i get around to it :)

We don't care samnco. We will take any pictures in this thread. Post them all if you like, we won't complain!

Srsly, none of the meanies post in this thread anyway.

Bullshit, samnco. Your pictures better be interesting or don't even bother. I'll make sure the meanies come in here and let you know what they think of your uninteresting pics.

amyzzz
07-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Damn you, Tommy. :nono

samnco
07-17-2009, 08:48 AM
the only ones i have are ones that someone else posted on fb.. i cant get into it now but PROMISE i will get them sooo soon. Im gonna see if the girls will email their pics to me today so lets just cross our fingers mmk !

RotationSlimWang
07-17-2009, 09:05 AM
Get your jugs out and be quieter about it.

slurpee
07-17-2009, 11:38 AM
At my buddines house. Grabbed Bonnaroo and Rothbury pictures. Here is 1 of the Sherwood Forst to hold you over...

http://i30.tinypic.com/2vxk5ud.jpg

slurpee
07-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Rothbury had hot Burlesque chicks putting on daily shows.

http://i28.tinypic.com/2hydisk.jpg

samnco
07-17-2009, 11:46 AM
ahh! i want to go back! Didnt you just love the forest?

amyzzz
07-17-2009, 11:49 AM
It has potential, but it's a bit dark to see all that's possibly going on. My NY friend hyped this fest up to the stratusphere last year, and I'm juat waiting for them to book good acts (more than one good act anyway).

slurpee
07-17-2009, 11:56 AM
More later...maybe...

Main Stage

http://i27.tinypic.com/29w1usw.jpg

samnco
07-17-2009, 11:57 AM
you didnt like the lineup at all.. I thought it was amazing, first time seeing cheese.. most ridiculous shit i have ever seen!!! it was amazing!!

amyzzz
07-17-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm not a jam music fan. I wanted to see the Shpongle Dj set....and that's about it.

samnco
07-17-2009, 12:02 PM
yeah i missed that.. sucked for me. But i caught a lot.. i do like jam music though , i like to chill but i am a fan of most all music.. just the atmosphere and positive people in the setting of rothbury was magical. I had the best time there!

amyzzz
07-17-2009, 12:04 PM
I probably won't be going next year either, unless they change the dates. Same time of year as the Honu Eclipse Festival.

samnco
07-17-2009, 12:12 PM
i just looked that up. It looks very interesting , i wonder who will be there.

canexplain
07-17-2009, 12:59 PM
hey amy have you ever met dylan, he and his friends are on their way to my place ... cr****

amyzzz
07-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Have I met Dylan....*sigh*

liquidsnake28
07-17-2009, 01:26 PM
So I have some friends that went to Rothbury and brought back the goods.

Rothbury has more and better drugs than bonnaroo - Fact.

canexplain
07-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Have I met Dylan....*sigh*

well is that a good or a bad sigh? doesnt matter at this point ... we have been picking our place up all week because we are redoing the house and it is a wreck .... so we will just drink and smoke and it will all go away , wake up and go see tool, and wsp .... cr****

amyzzz
07-17-2009, 01:34 PM
There was quite a bit of bunk molly at Bonnaroo.

liquidsnake28
07-17-2009, 01:37 PM
There was quite a bit of bunk molly at Bonnaroo.

Indeed. This was definitely the worst year for drugs at roo that I've experienced. It makes sense though, less jambands = less good drugs.

canexplain
07-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Indeed. This was definitely the worst year for drugs at roo that I've experienced. It makes sense though, less jambands = less good drugs.

wakarusa was off the hook for drugs ..... cr****

amyzzz
07-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Damn you jam people. I want the drugs but not the bands. :nono

faxman75
07-17-2009, 01:44 PM

Fail. The biggest jam band going played two long ass sets headlining the weekend. No excuses.

canexplain
07-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Damn you jam people. I want the drugs but not the bands. :nono

naw naw naw naw naw :) but we love you anyway cr****

liquidsnake28
07-17-2009, 01:52 PM
wakarusa was off the hook for drugs ..... cr****

Don't even get me started on All Good.

Fail. The biggest jam band going played two long ass sets headlining the weekend. No excuses.

Quantity > quality for those stupid fucking hippies. Fortunately for me, the people that did have good drugs were very generous to me that weekend. The K during NIN was the best.

Random guy: "This is fucking insane! Trent is killing it! What are you on?"

Me: "Candy-flipping"

Him: "Want some K?"

Me: "Oh hell yes"

He accidentally pours way too much in my hand

Him: "Oops"

Me: "It's ok, I'll do it all."

Him: "What ?!?! That's definitely not safe. Dude, I DARE you to do that much K!"

Me: "Gladly, much obliged."

That was such a fun weekend.

slurpee
07-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Sherwood Forest during the day....

http://i27.tinypic.com/fntoqd.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/29olwgo.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/243rr69.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/2db49c6.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/2rp7gic.jpg

slurpee
07-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Sherwood Forest at night....

http://i25.tinypic.com/anjvbd.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/33c8283.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/16acom0.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/2qs8c5s.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/200z8eq.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/dpxtvl.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/2dw687r.jpg

slurpee
07-24-2009, 04:42 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/2mr9la8.jpg

samnco
07-27-2009, 10:57 AM
damn i have yet to even get any pictures from anyone!!

amyzzz
07-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Yay more pictures!

Mr. Dylanja
07-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Hi Amy, I'm Dylan, have we met?

amyzzz
07-27-2009, 01:05 PM
You must have me confused with some other Amy that Ron knows. *shrug*

canexplain
07-27-2009, 02:45 PM
damn i have yet to even get any pictures from anyone!!

have you looked on the roth board ? i havent maybe i will check ... cr****

canexplain
07-27-2009, 02:54 PM
here is a link to a few pics ... cr*****

http://rothburyfest.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=2995&page=2

wow here are some good ones

http://marqueemag.com/rothbury-2009-in-pictures/2009/07/13/

this is the best though, check out this link !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://revolutionaryviews.com/rothbury/rf2.html