PDA

View Full Version : BLINK IS BACK AND I SAY THIS WITH REGRET

justwant2kno
02-08-2009, 06:16 PM
So they are back. If they are to play it would be a novelty act. That wont happen eh?

woogie846
02-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Lollapalooza perhaps.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Lolla will get the mainstream yet crap headliners this year...cept Coldplay...

justwant2kno
02-08-2009, 06:35 PM
god everyone is really peeved on coldplay. I think they put on a great show, but i dont think they will play if no one wants em to at least that would be what should happen.

cooperb1
02-08-2009, 06:36 PM
no!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-08-2009, 06:40 PM
god everyone is really peeved on coldplay. I think they put on a great show, but i dont think they will play if no one wants em to at least that would be what should happen.

I like Coldplay!

WilliamTaft
02-08-2009, 07:00 PM
why is it cool to hate Blink 182?

it seems that in the process of being hip, artistic, and anti-mainstream we have to despise any band that:
- has super catchy major key melodies
- easy instrumentation
- doesn't contain deep poetic lyrics
- the highschool popular crowd listens to

WHO CARES? their songs are fun, upbeat, and uplifting for the most part. go ahead, listen to Cheshire Cat or Dude Ranch. it'll make you feel good. maybe even bring back some good memories. when i was in highschool i went through a very long phase of hatred towards them. i loved them in the nineties but once i started digging deeper than the mainstream, i was under the impression that i had to avoid everything that was popular and associated with the "preppies". i learned eventually though, that regardless of mainstream or underground status, good is still good.

i'm glad their back. am i a big fan? certainly not. but i enjoy the shit out of their stuff. they're just a few guys who have a lot of fun while making music that other people can have fun while listening to. who can oppose that?

Drewski27
02-08-2009, 07:03 PM
congratulations!
your thread sucks!!!!

justwant2kno
02-08-2009, 07:07 PM
i am not the kind of person who goes to every thread and talk shit like most of the coachella indie art assholes but i have are real dislike fore blink, but i would go see them. its not all about the are music. i just dont like blinks music. i dont respect it and i think its stupid. every video they had was them running naked and its like they never took it serious.

justwant2kno
02-08-2009, 07:08 PM
then get the fuck out you little cry baby bitch. go die. im sure no one will notice, nor care.

Rockstarboy37
02-08-2009, 07:14 PM
some of the biggest tools in the world are on tv right now for the next few hours. Let's celebrate by changing the fucking channel.

WilliamTaft
02-08-2009, 07:29 PM
i am not the kind of person who goes to every thread and talk shit like most of the coachella indie art assholes but i have are real dislike fore blink, but i would go see them. its not all about the are music. i just dont like blinks music. i dont respect it and i think its stupid. every video they had was them running naked and its like they never took it serious.

that's the whole point. they were normal guys, just like your friends down the block, who had a really really good time playing music the way they felt like playing it.
and they got big during that whole period of bubblegum, innocent pop star worship (remember when they actually talked about whether brittany or christina were virgins?), and you had these pop artists who rehearsed dances and had special effects and treated themselves like the biggest, more important divas on earth, and then Blink was just turning it all into a big joke. i didn't appreciate this before, even when i liked them the first time, but looking back, they were extremely refreshing. not all music has to take itself seriously. i enjoy plenty of music that is held in "high esteem", like Persian classical music, gagaku orchestras, western-European classical, French melodie and chansons, but i also love simple, fun, catchy pop rock and happy stuff that doesn't need to be held up at a high standard.

and anyway, look at the sahara tent. there are people who are not only running naked, like you complained about, but sucking on pacifiers, wearing furry things, flinging lights around, and dancing to 100 songs in a row that are all set around the same beat (thump thump thump thump), simple structure, and simple instrumentation that didn't even have to be played because it was all programmed. but if you mention Blink 182 or anything of that sort, people go crazy and start complaining. but if you mention the dance music played at coachella, maybe one or two people would wine, but that's it. but it's the same case. it's simple music that's based off of simple beat patterns and made so people can have a great time while listening to it. the style annoys my ears, and i don't have much interest in taking part in the rave culture, but i don't complain that it's just big stupid monster. it's just another form of music and performance made by people having a good time.

cacahead01
02-08-2009, 07:31 PM

There have been tons of bands that people don't want playing Coachella that do...I don't think it matters what the people want. :nono

cacahead01
02-08-2009, 07:32 PM

what?

porkappa
02-08-2009, 07:42 PM
fuck blink

they blew then

and will blow again

shotglass75
02-08-2009, 07:45 PM

Obviously you only paid attention to what was on the radio or MTV. Dig deeper and you might find some stuff that was less childish

justwant2kno
02-08-2009, 07:51 PM
your right. Ok I would be ok with them playing I just dont think tis my kind of music and as for the bands similar who play, well i dont see them. But Im only giving an opinion which means nothing.

JSam67
02-08-2009, 07:54 PM

You're basing this on what, Marco?

2007? (Daft Punk, Muse, Pearl Jam)
2008? (Radiohead, RATM, NIN)

familyguy420
02-08-2009, 08:17 PM
they just said they were back together on the Grammys

pocket
02-08-2009, 08:18 PM
why is it cool to hate Blink 182?

it seems that in the process of being hip, artistic, and anti-mainstream we have to despise any band that:
- has super catchy major key melodies
- easy instrumentation
- doesn't contain deep poetic lyrics
- the highschool popular crowd listens to

WHO CARES? their songs are fun, upbeat, and uplifting for the most part. go ahead, listen to Cheshire Cat or Dude Ranch. it'll make you feel good. maybe even bring back some good memories. when i was in highschool i went through a very long phase of hatred towards them. i loved them in the nineties but once i started digging deeper than the mainstream, i was under the impression that i had to avoid everything that was popular and associated with the "preppies". i learned eventually though, that regardless of mainstream or underground status, good is still good.

i'm glad their back. am i a big fan? certainly not. but i enjoy the shit out of their stuff. they're just a few guys who have a lot of fun while making music that other people can have fun while listening to. who can oppose that?

heroine makes me feel good. and i enjoy the shit out of that stuff. who can oppose that?

blink 182 shitty live, always shitty live, will continue to be shitty live. end of story.

lostsoul86
02-08-2009, 10:59 PM
lurkers always start the best threads lol

unknowndrummer66
02-08-2009, 11:10 PM
There have been tons of bands that people don't want playing Coachella that do...I don't think it matters what the people want. :nono

lolololol

finally one of the board members realized that GV doesnt give a shit about you people

Coachella Bound
02-08-2009, 11:17 PM
and anyway, look at the sahara tent. there are people who are not only running naked, like you complained about, but sucking on pacifiers, wearing furry things, flinging lights around, and dancing to 100 songs in a row that are all set around the same beat (thump thump thump thump)

hahahahahaha!
god i absolutly love these little observations........

and Dude Ranch was great for its time, along w/ Enema of the State. But lets not beat around the bush here.....they are one of the worst bands live of all time....

Sexecutioner
02-08-2009, 11:18 PM
i like cheshire cat and dude ranch. after that they got lame.

moomoo
02-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Head of State is seriously the fucking worst movie I've ever seen.

paganman7
02-09-2009, 05:42 AM
Blink 182 is worse than drinking an ass smoothy.

Fuck them.

PierogiHead
02-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Here's what gets me about blink 182 being "back" and "reuniting." One story I read said they're rumored to open for Green Day this summer. Green Day hasn't put out an album since '04, which is right when blink broke up and I think even had their last album.

What's really the difference then between Green Day coming out with new material and blink 182 reuniting? Its the same mainstream pop punk sound but just different wording in terms of how both bands are resurfacing. This is probably the best example of how phrases like "breaking up," "hiatus" and "reuniting" have cheapened over the past years.

nationocean
02-09-2009, 07:54 AM
kroq

davrone
02-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Seriously, did anyone ask for this unholy reunion? My bet is they'll be at the shitty ass Weenie Roast or Acoustic X-Mas.

phantomphlyer560
02-09-2009, 08:52 AM

i cant see blink play lolla, but i can see green day playing lolla.

shotglass75
02-09-2009, 09:53 AM
I can see Blink opening for Green Day at Lolla

phantomphlyer560
02-09-2009, 10:59 AM
I can see Blink opening for Green Day at Lolla

gayapalooza. except i like blink 182.

guyatwork37
02-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Blink is awesome! Hell's yes! They will be there on the 18th!!!

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25837