PDA

View Full Version : No Doubt at Coachella?

GroovyMcFunk
02-08-2009, 04:25 PM
No Doubt has announced a tour for spring/summer 2009! Despite Gwen Stephani's regretful recent musical attempts (I hope I never have to hear that banana song again. ever.), No Doubt is a great band, and Tragic Kingdom is still an epic album. I saw them way back in '97. It was my first concert. Weezer opened. I was 11. I was with my dad. Drunk college girls spilled beer on me the whole time. I loved every second of it. If they can conjure up half of the energy that they had then, they will put on a damn good show.

Anyone else fortunate enough to see them back in the day? I will never forget the moment that Gwen stopped singing in the middle of the song to command the audience to "fucking jump" and watching my dad dutifully obeying for the rest of the show...haha

oceansc420
02-08-2009, 04:27 PM
fuck off and die.

BrettShipes
02-08-2009, 04:49 PM
I saw them back in the day and it was great. I was also unfortunate enough to see the sorry site that was the Rock Steady tour. Ew. That album sucked.

rage patton
02-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Tour dates?

GroovyMcFunk
02-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Tour dates?

They will be announcing the full schedule soon. Right now they only have one date listed: May 3rd, The Bamboozle Festival, NJ

http://www.nodoubt.com/news/default.aspx?nid=20198

BrettShipes
02-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Hate to be a downer... but...

The 2009 No Doubt Summer Tour will be produced by Live Nation

So I don't see a Coachella performance happening.

clumsy342
02-08-2009, 05:24 PM
I still don't know the Live Nation/Goldenvoice connection..
Acts with Live Nation don't play Coachella?
please explain..

Aside from that, I wouldn't be surprised at all if No Doubt was added as a co-headliner for Saturday... I mean, It can't be worse than just having the Killers.

....... at times, I hate myself.

BrettShipes
02-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Well, sure it's possible for them to do Coachella, but seeing as how they're already planning something with Live Nation, they may or may not have a deal with them (hence, why they specifically noted "live nation" on the website). And if that is the case, then they definitely won't be doing Coachella.

Just an observation, I could be wrong.

**JwOx**
02-08-2009, 09:59 PM
fuck off and die.

geez man... why so much hate... chill out, everyone can voice their opinion

menikmati
02-08-2009, 10:04 PM
what a great fucking idea!