PDA

View Full Version : We need some additions soon

Failed State
02-08-2009, 10:16 AM
I have a friend who works in sales for ticketmaster and she said that coachella sales are way down. 7% from last year and 12% from 2007. Given we are in the midst of an economic downturn, but there is no buzz this year, the boards activty is way down from last year. I know it's not going to happen but we don't want a Langerado happening. A few key additions would help the poor ticket sales.

suprefan
02-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Coachella wont cancel, and adds are coming.

this video should help

mgEdFXJ-huw

Memorial_07
02-08-2009, 10:22 AM
The board acitivity is way down from last year?

Bullshit

oasis4life2002
02-08-2009, 10:25 AM
I think the Headliners are pretty much set in stone. So the additions will prly be for the Sahara.

Memorial_07
02-08-2009, 10:28 AM
And hopefully it'll be someone big

Foucault
02-08-2009, 10:42 AM
The board acitivity is way down from last year?

Bullshit

Clearly it would require some statistical analysis to support or contradict this, but sense is that board activity IS way down from previous years.

Memorial_07
02-08-2009, 10:44 AM
How could it be?

So many people were signing up left and right this year just to put in their two cents about how much the lineup sucks and they'd make threads like "OMG! ______ is playing!"

Last year people joined just to complain about JJ

Failed State
02-08-2009, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=Memorial_07;1013724]How could it be?

So many people were signing up left and right this year just to put in their two cents about how much the lineup sucks and they'd make threads like "OMG! ______ is playing!"

Last year people joined just to complain about JJ[/

I agree the pre-lineup was electric, this place for better or for worse was crazy. But post lineup it died, this place is crickets. But luckly for us a message board dosent dictate the success of a festival, it's ticket sales. And they are doing very poorly

sonofhal
02-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Did your friend get laid off from Capitol Records?

Memorial_07
02-08-2009, 10:54 AM

I agree the pre-lineup was electric, this place for better or for worse was crazy. But post lineup it died, this place is crickets. But luckly for us a message board dosent dictate the success of a festival, it's ticket sales. And they are doing very poorly

And they probably only look at statistics post-lineup

but oh well

luckyface
02-08-2009, 11:14 AM
TM probably doesn't count layaway sales from the Coachella site, so I am sure that is a factor.

Failed State
02-08-2009, 12:21 PM
These are all probally true, I'm just trying to keep everyone In The loop.

tigermilkboy
02-08-2009, 01:45 PM
TM probably doesn't count layaway sales from the Coachella site, so I am sure that is a factor.

Layaway is great but I can't see it making a huge difference in attendence. Either way you have to have $300 committed to the purchase. If you haven't got $3 then layaway makes no difference to you.
I think more people will committ to 1-day tickets this year. But I would reasonably expect attendence to be down this year, it is something that is industry wide right now! I would certainly go for 3-8% fall in attendence. GV cannot discuss numbers or percentages because such news is a statement on income and can affect the company shareprice. That is why GV and Paul Tollett will only make vague statements like 'ticket sales are good'.

luckyface
02-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Layaway is great but I can't see it making a huge difference in attendence. Either way you have to have $300 committed to the purchase. If you haven't got $3 then layaway makes no difference to you.
I think more people will committ to 1-day tickets this year. But I would reasonably expect attendence to be down this year, it is something that is industry wide right now! I would certainly go for 3-8% fall in attendence. GV cannot discuss numbers or percentages because such news is a statement on income and can affect the company shareprice. That is why GV and Paul Tollett will only make vague statements like 'ticket sales are good'.

When 25% of Stagecoach sales are from layaway, I would imagine that at least some people are going to use the same thing with Coachella.

sonnyboy11
02-08-2009, 02:33 PM
FWIW, this is the first year I have bought a 3 day pass. I felt that strongly about the line-up. Also, I have been very impressed with how well Coachella is produced. Other than being hot as fuck, I give GV a lot of credit for how well they present this event. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than any other outdoor festival I have been to- and I have been to many. And Roger Waters' performance last year was one of the single greatest events I have ever witnessed. Coachella has earned my $$.

ZackQ
02-08-2009, 02:42 PM

Man, this place pre line up was miserable. Maybe there was a higher volume of posts. But it was all bullshit and insanity. People with fake names telling lies and messing with everyone, and then people like me and others who were just killing time to cope with the wait.

I'm liking the board much better now, especially the line up section where people are actually talking about music and the show, instead of the hierarchy of this board.

earlgrey
02-08-2009, 03:22 PM
http://www.124bpms.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/the_chemical_brothers_promo011.jpg

Still hoping for them to come!

Grant
02-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Just wait 'til late March.

oasis4life2002
02-08-2009, 04:52 PM
I was thinking early March.. But either way I have my 3 day pass. I think anybody who has ever attended Coachelka knows how great the festival is. Everybodys situation is different though. Some may not have the money that they had last year. If the poster doesn't wow them like everybody who has bought tickets already then there not gonna attend. But maybe has GV has something up there sleeve but if there isn't anymore adds I'll be cool with it. I would love to see Prodigy and Devotchka added though

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-08-2009, 05:04 PM
everyone relax...Pavement is coming...and your Sahara headliners...

flowbee
02-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Pavement better not be the "big addition"

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-08-2009, 05:38 PM

why? not a fan?

Blinken
02-08-2009, 06:40 PM
pavement and Sahara adds do nothing for me.

KungFuJay
02-08-2009, 07:03 PM

You can go fuck yourself right out of here.

zikade
02-08-2009, 07:57 PM

A lot of people who think Bonarroo has the better lineup would change their tune if Pavement were added.

Blinken
02-08-2009, 08:02 PM
A lot of people who think Bonarroo has the better lineup would change their tune if Pavement were added.

No.

ShyGuy75
02-08-2009, 08:07 PM

i would be 1000x's more excited if you told me your mom was coming

pocket
02-08-2009, 08:21 PM

negatory

sacleonard
02-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I have a friend who works in sales for ticketmaster and she said that coachella sales are way down. 7% from last year and 12% from 2007. Given we are in the midst of an economic downturn, but there is no buzz this year, the boards activty is way down from last year. I know it's not going to happen but we don't want a Langerado happening. A few key additions would help the poor ticket sales.

Assuming that these numbers are accurate, this isn't all that bad. In case no one noticed, there is a major recession, and consumer spending is way, way down. Retailers are closing, and people are losing jobs, so 7-12% is actually beating the trend.

Nothing will cancel, additions will happen, and lay-away tickets will get counted. Everything will work out just fine. Patience, young Jedi.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-09-2009, 05:00 AM
i would be 1000x's more excited if you told me your mom was coming

she held the line up, then said no sadly....

Boourns
02-09-2009, 05:13 AM
Pulp reunion will be added to Saturday.

punkgirl
02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Seriously, any word on when the additions for the Sahara tent are coming? I am cool if they don't add another headliner (I mean, we are super spoiled - can't expect it every single year.) However, I am noticing that my friday is completely full and my saturday and sunday are a bit light on the electronic acts. Just wondering . . . PF? * wink *

Todfilm
02-09-2009, 12:43 PM
I actually like it when it's not sold out. I remember on the day Radiohead played or when Rage played, it was so packed it was hard to get from one tent to the next.

James
02-09-2009, 01:30 PM
less tickets sold = less crowded, more enjoyable Polo Fields. This year will go down as a great time, regardless of all the negativity around here.

natelan
02-09-2009, 03:02 PM

On who's authority do you have it that Pavement is being added?

I already have my tickets and hotel, so I'm going no matter what, but Pavement would definitely add to the enjoyability.

Thanks TeamCoachellaHellYeah.

natelan
02-09-2009, 03:04 PM
less tickets sold = less crowded, more enjoyable Polo Fields. This year will go down as a great time, regardless of all the negativity around here.

I have been around since the event was pretty young... I've seen nearly empty polo fields, and I've seen the polo fields at their sadistic worst...

The emptier, the better (for enjoyment reasons alone... obviously not good for the financials...).

guyatwork37
02-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Blink 182 to be added Saturday. You heard it on these boards first!

menikmati
02-09-2009, 03:35 PM
shut up

guyatwork37
02-09-2009, 03:37 PM
shut up

This coming from a Nirvana fan. Talk about overrated...

menikmati
02-09-2009, 03:41 PM
The fact that you can't come up with any other comeback other than that proves you're just a fucking retard with poor taste. Yeah man, Blink 182 rock and deserve all the praise you wanna give em....songs about jerking off in college and licking cow's anuses...sooo not overrated.

guyatwork37
02-09-2009, 03:44 PM
The fact that you can't come up with any other comeback other than that proves you're just a fucking retard with poor taste. Yeah man, Blink 182 rock and deserve all the praise you wanna give em....songs about jerking off in college and licking cow's anuses...sooo not overrated.

What comeback do you want me to come up with? This is a music forum ass. So I commented on your OBVIOUSLY skewed/poor taste in music affected by the mainstream. Come back and talk when you aren't just a puppet of the corporation chief.

menikmati
02-09-2009, 03:46 PM
What comeback do you want me to come up with? This is a music forum ass. So I commented on your OBVIOUSLY skewed/poor taste in music affected by the mainstream. Come back and talk when you aren't just a puppet of the corporation chief.

You've just described yourself perfectly. Congratulations.

guyatwork37
02-09-2009, 03:50 PM
You've just described yourself perfectly. Congratulations.

You just don't get it do you? Why don't you go listen to your Green Day album and then put on your Prince cd. You new guys don't understand music anymore.

menikmati
02-09-2009, 03:55 PM
You just don't get it do you?
Wut?

Why don't you go listen to your Green Day album
I have green day albums that I listen to?

and then put on your Kraftwek cd.
They relate to this discussion how?

You new guys don't understand music anymore.
Que?

You seem very confused and obviously have very poor taste in music. I can suspend your account for a while if that'll help...

boarderwoozel3
02-09-2009, 03:57 PM
My, my, my. There's a lot of high-horsery going on around here.

And yes, I'm still patiently waiting for the Sahara additions PF said were coming.

guyatwork37
02-09-2009, 04:06 PM
My, my, my. There's a lot of high-horsery going on around here.

And yes, I'm still patiently waiting for the Sahara additions PF said were coming.

Seriously, the due above is getting crazy. The Sahara additions would be sweet. Too many rumors and naysayers around here lately.

boarderwoozel3
02-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Are always rumors and haters aplenty, it's the internet.

guyatwork37
02-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Are always rumors and haters aplenty, it's the internet.

Tell me about it. This forum has been negative like crazy today. Yet I bet the folks here would be tame in person. The internet is to fearful people as beer is to Dutchmen.

boarderwoozel3
02-09-2009, 04:15 PM
The keyboard has been known to embolden some.

James
02-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Too many rumors around here lately.

I could have sworn you started a thread about Blink 182 at Coachella. correct me if I'm wrong.

guyatwork37
02-09-2009, 04:24 PM
I could have sworn you started a thread about Blink 182 at Coachella. correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct. I started a thread about them reuniting at Coachella. They are reunited and will be playing on the 18th. Your hate only feeds me.

James
02-09-2009, 04:25 PM
You are correct. I started a thread about them reuniting at Coachella. They are reunited and will be playing on the 18th. Your hate only feeds me.

I'm not hating. Merely pointing out minor hypocritical slips on the internet.