PDA

View Full Version : Pulp reunion for 2010!

Boourns
02-08-2009, 07:42 AM
ZOMG JARVIS PERFORMING PULP SONGS AGAIN!

http://tv.sky.com/jarvis-cocker-songbook

I sadly have not seen this thing, but here are the songs that were performed:
Shakespeare Rock
Joyriders
Babies
Sorted For Es & Wizz
(a bit of) Common People
Something Changed
From A to I

Yes, Jarvis Cocker is performing Pulp songs now. Make it happen, goldenvoice. If they do reunite, Coachella is our only hope of an American reunion gig.

acarballidol
02-08-2009, 07:43 AM
PLEASE !!!!!

WizardIsAboutToDie
02-08-2009, 08:00 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BqqYJUWxMdA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BqqYJUWxMdA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This needs to happen.

shakermaker113
02-08-2009, 08:06 AM
better get the 2011 and 2012 threads ready too.

sonofhal
02-08-2009, 08:06 AM
I recorded the TV show last night. I'll watch it later and let you know how it was.

Boourns
02-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Sweet, thanks.

Alchemy
02-08-2009, 09:35 AM
I would freaking love to see Pulp. I also wouldn't mind seeing Jarvis play Pulp songs, but a Pulp reunion would be even more grand.

While GV is at it, throw in Blur and a Suede reunion too.

Britpopchella for 2010!

el chango
02-08-2009, 09:46 AM
I recorded the TV show last night. I'll watch it later and let you know how it was.

It'd be ultra cool if you share at least the audio...

Memorial_07
02-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Morrissey performs Smiths songs live and he always turns down reunions

Why will Jarvis and Pulp be any different?

hegemon
02-08-2009, 09:56 AM

Britpopchella for 2010!

I support this one.

Blur is the new MBV next year though.

sonofhal
02-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Morrissey performs Smiths songs live and he always turns down reunions

Why will Jarvis and Pulp be any different?

They still actually get on?

Boourns
02-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Yeah, the members of Pulp still get along and they've all played with him on his solo tour at some point. It's not like anyone sued Jarvis and took the house he bought for his mother.

jazzz
02-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Fuck I want this to happen and please give us a new record!

tigermilkboy
02-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Pulp has had many members over the many years Pulp existed, Pulp could reform but it would be with a very different line-up barring Jarvis. I think many of others just did not want to be doing Pulp full-time ie. committed to a recording/touring schedule. I don't think money will matter and if they want to get together anywhere it will be for something special in Sheffield, England before Coachella.

donkey sex
02-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Liked their last album. Weeds, trees, nature. Would be a good fit.

matsuolost
02-08-2009, 02:10 PM
i was counting on it being the surprise for this year but next year would be awesome. havent they said that it only takes a van full of money or sumshit?

WizardIsAboutToDie
02-08-2009, 02:12 PM
I would freaking love to see Pulp. I also wouldn't mind seeing Jarvis play Pulp songs, but a Pulp reunion would be even more grand.

Britpopchella for 2010!

Don't forget Stone Roses.

jazzz
02-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Pulp has had many members over the many years Pulp existed, Pulp could reform but it would be with a very different line-up barring Jarvis. I think many of others just did not want to be doing Pulp full-time ie. committed to a recording/touring schedule. I don't think money will matter and if they want to get together anywhere it will be for something special in Sheffield, England before Coachella.

well Simon Hinkler is back living in the UK so bring it on!

shakermaker113
02-08-2009, 08:46 PM
i was counting on it being the surprise for this year but next year would be awesome. havent they said that it only takes a van full of money or sumshit?

no. they said nobody has driven up to them with a van full of money yet. that's all.

I don't konw how I feel about seeing jarvis perform pulp songs. I'd much rather have it billed as pulp. though the lineup dude has a point -- at what point does it become an authentic reunion? I'd be quite happy with the band as it was when they went on hiatus.

lol, let's have all the members from 1981.

Boourns
02-13-2009, 08:18 AM
zm4J9YeD4y4

Alchemy
02-13-2009, 08:23 AM
You know I'm not that big a fan of We Love Life.

I'd like a 90s-era Pulp to play all three days of Coachella next year. His 'n' Hers in its entirety on Friday. Different Class on Saturday. This Is Hardcore on Sunday.

Boourns
02-13-2009, 08:25 AM
We Love Life > His & Hers, easily

shakermaker113
02-13-2009, 08:35 AM
pulpchella.

Alchemy
02-13-2009, 08:39 AM
We Love Life > His & Hers, easily

Whaaaaat? His 'n' Hers is an instant classic. Seeing Pulp without Lipgloss, Babies, and Do You Remember the First Time? is madness. No matter how good Weeds is. Not to mention every other song on His 'n' Hers is a triumph in music; for example, Joyriders, Acrylic Afternoons, Have You Seen Her Lately... I might as well list every song on the album.

Boourns
02-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Babies and Joyriders and Do You Remember the First Time, etc can be the encores.

Sunrise, Wickerman, The Birds in Your Garden, Bad Cover Version, Weeds...all perfection.

Alchemy
02-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Clearly Pulp will just need to headline Friday and play both of these albums in their entirety.

Boourns
02-13-2009, 09:14 AM
Seriously.

HandBanana
02-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Pulps late period stuff I think breaks down like a rad saturday night out...

His N Hers - 8pm Sat Evening. A few drinks. Getting things wound up.

Different Class - Midnight. Height of the party. E and coke. More drinks.

This Is Hardcore - After the after party. E has run it's course. Rigor mortis and floppy limbs. More coke, but just to keep going. Paranoia sets in. Who am I? What the fuck?

We Love Life - Sunday late morning. Breakfast. More beer to equalize and cushion the fall. Maybe stumble around. Go record shopping. Reflect.

brando4n82
02-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Hooray for less conflicts!

Boourns
02-13-2009, 09:25 AM

This Is Hardcore - After the after party. E has run it's course. Rigor mortis and floppy limbs. More coke, but just to keep going. Paranoia sets in. Who am I? What the fuck?

We Love Life - Sunday late morning. Breakfast. More beer to equalize and cushion the fall. Maybe stumble around. Go record shopping. Reflect.

Perfect.

panchobot
02-13-2009, 09:32 AM
I just want to see I Spy live.

Boourns
02-13-2009, 09:05 PM
ZOMG JARVIS PERFORMING PULP SONGS AGAIN!

http://tv.sky.com/jarvis-cocker-songbook

I sadly have not seen this thing, but here are the songs that were performed:
Shakespeare Rock
Joyriders
Babies
Sorted For Es & Wizz
(a bit of) Common People
Something Changed
From A to I

Yes, Jarvis Cocker is performing Pulp songs now. Make it happen, goldenvoice. If they do reunite, Coachella is our only hope of an American reunion gig.

If you join http://thebox.bz/ you can download the whole video! 47 minutes long.

shakermaker113
02-13-2009, 10:06 PM

hmm. you can extend that to their whole career.

It- 8 pm Fri evening, going out without your girl and showing off to your mates.

Freaks- 10 am Sat hung over

Separations- 2 pm Sat find out your girl is cheating on you

then again nobody cares about anything before his n hers.

PulpNextYear
04-24-2009, 08:12 PM
...Pulp...Pulp...Pulp...Pulp...Pulp...Pulp...Pulp. ..Pulp...Pulp...Pulp...Pulp...Pulp...Pulp!