PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Rudd

Givemean8ball
02-05-2009, 11:32 AM
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/58/l_b87ce08913aa4a2c888ed19f0e3b04ce.jpg
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/51/l_7c63e11bea4b4466b7b3c2b0a3efac29.jpg

http://www.fabchannel.com/xavier_rudd_2007_concert

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4PqrvD4wnZ4&hl=it&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4PqrvD4wnZ4&hl=it&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/51veCRLN9hc&hl=it&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/51veCRLN9hc&hl=it&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

c'mon golden voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drewski27
02-06-2009, 12:52 AM
no.

Givemean8ball
02-06-2009, 01:45 AM
no.

get a life

CalmerThanYou
02-06-2009, 12:27 PM
dude is a fucking gimmick. Great, he plays 159 diff instruments, but his shit sucks.

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-06-2009, 12:39 PM
what the fuck, did john butler shit out a replica?

look guy, this is an INDIE festival. not an INCENSE festival.

Drewski27
02-06-2009, 08:00 PM
get a life

get a new user name.

Memorial_07
02-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Prince is the only person alive who is badass enough to play 150+ instruments

Drewski27
02-06-2009, 08:07 PM
AND he has sex appeal.

Memorial_07
02-06-2009, 08:11 PM
He could even rock a beard better than Rudd and he's proven that

http://manzanares.org/images/Misc/iPod/prince%20hits.jpg

there's a better picture of him with a full grown beard

I just can't find it now

Aurgasm
02-07-2009, 11:55 AM
go to bonnaroo

Drknowph
02-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Forget all these haters

XAVIER RUDD
is so awesome

I have all his albums
and like them all

He's the only artist i really want to see
that i havent seen

Drewski27
02-07-2009, 01:26 PM
well then dont come to coachella because he wont be there.

Drknowph
02-07-2009, 01:35 PM
I allready got my tickets
And imma find you, tie you up
put headphones on you
playing xavier rudd the whole time

Then maybe throw in a couple pimp slaps

Givemean8ball
02-08-2009, 12:41 AM

look guy, this is an INDIE festival. not an INCENSE festival.

you are from japan STFU

Drknowph
02-08-2009, 11:51 AM
bump :)

Drewski27
02-08-2009, 07:00 PM
go ahead and tie me up.
its not gonna change the fact that he still sucks.
go drown yourself in a toilet.
kthnxbye.

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-08-2009, 10:08 PM
meah japanese no likey likey.

GroovyMcFunk
02-08-2009, 10:31 PM

What similarities do you see between them other than the fact that they both have Australian accents? I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just curious.

I've seen Xavier Rudd many times and I've always enjoyed it. He came up to us after a show at Wakarusa a few years ago and asked us how we liked it and if we wanted to chill and smoke for a while. Nice guy.

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-08-2009, 11:29 PM
What similarities do you see between them other than the fact that they both have Australian accents? I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just curious.

I've seen Xavier Rudd many times and I've always enjoyed it. He came up to us after a show at Wakarusa a few years ago and asked us how we liked it and if we wanted to chill and smoke for a while. Nice guy.

firstly, they both need a bath. secondly, they both lean towards acoustic guitar, lap steels, and 12-strings with the same off-campus coffee shop driven music, look, fanbase and influences (coughbobmarleycough). they're both "uniquely bland" in their 'hip' presentation of classic guitar stylings that have been done time and time again with far much more conviction and emotion. they both attempt to "creatively" play what are ultimately boring songs by using extra musical gimmicks such as playing their own percussion or simply playing the exact same notes on a guitar of different and/or uncommon shape, size, and string amount.

fuck, i'm boring myself just describing them.

jvh1007
02-09-2009, 12:43 PM
are you so used to listening to your little japanese pop-punk-hipster bands with really abrasive tempos and melodies that you can't appreciate the beauty of a song full of subtle nuances and actual emotion? Go back to smoking your clove cigarettes, listening to your bands that are awesome because nobody has ever heard of (or if they have, its because it is the cool thing to like them), and thinking that you are god's gift to mankind. Oh yeah, playing instruments because they look cool are more a characteristic of the artists you hipsters listen to. Xavier rudd grew up around aborigines (therefore was influenced by tribal music) and is quirky enough to genuinely pull it all off. A song does not need to have tons of chord changes and loud/fast instrumentation to be interesting, idiot.

dorkfish
02-09-2009, 12:46 PM
are you so used to listening to your little japanese pop-punk-hipster bands with really abrasive tempos and melodies that you can't appreciate the beauty of a song full of subtle nuances and actual emotion? Go back to smoking your clove cigarettes, listening to your bands that are awesome because nobody has ever heard of (or if they have, its because it is the cool thing to like them), and thinking that you are god's gift to mankind. Oh yeah, playing instruments because they look cool are more a characteristic of the artists you hipsters listen to. Xavier rudd grew up around aborigines (therefore was influenced by tribal music) and is quirky enough to genuinely pull it all off. A song does not need to have tons of chord changes and loud/fast instrumentation to be interesting, idiot.
judgmental. sad.

dudezer47
02-09-2009, 12:59 PM

Did Michio Kurihara kill your parents with his wicked axe play or something?

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-09-2009, 05:58 PM
lol, i'm not even from japan (never seen south park i take it?). besides, white guys aren't tribal no matter how high you are.

Drewski27
02-10-2009, 10:06 AM
his shit dont belong at coachella. end of discussion. go listen to your bob marley rip off music elsewhere.

Drewski27
02-10-2009, 12:05 PM
GEORGE! you found me. clever little devil you.

Drknowph
02-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Xavier rudd would make the lineup cooler

Drewski27
02-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Xavier rudd would make the lineup cooler

you shutting the fuck up would make this thread cooler

Givemean8ball
02-10-2009, 06:40 PM
they're both "uniquely bland" in their 'hip' presentation of classic guitar stylings that have been done time and time again with far much more conviction and emotion.

Obviously YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

Drknowph
02-10-2009, 06:40 PM
:) :) :) :rotfl

xavier rudd rocks da hiiizzzoouuuussseee

you shutting the fuck up would make this thread cooler

I think the world would be a better place
if you stopped your hating nonsense :)

TickleMeElmo
02-10-2009, 07:38 PM
This thread fucking blows.

Drknowph
02-10-2009, 07:58 PM
your mom blows
har har har

Givemean8ball
02-10-2009, 09:38 PM
xavier rudd and john butler are two AMAZING guitarists,end of the story

Drknowph
02-10-2009, 09:44 PM
John butler trio was so good @ coachella
I discovered them there..
I listen to them here and there

Ive never seen xavier rudd
Have you?
According to his live youtube videos
it looks awesome

rio_mufc29
02-10-2009, 09:48 PM
I live in Australia and ive seen Ruddy and John butler on tour plenty of times and if you have ever listened to either or watched either you would know they are totally fucking different in everyway possible except they both tree hugging hippies and want to save the Earth

rage patton
02-10-2009, 09:52 PM
I saw Xavier Rudd last year at Bumbershoot. The only thing I knew about him was the he played 123741387 instruments. I enjoyed his set. It certainly wasn't anything amazing. But it was fun and entertaining. Nothing I would go out of my way to see again, but I enjoyed it.

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-10-2009, 10:33 PM
This thread fucking blows.

beautifully put.

Drknowph
02-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Ill go on a mission to see xavier rudd
Just because i havent seen him yet

I gotta see everyone i like, live
and i think ive seen about everyone
except him

Shooters08
02-10-2009, 11:25 PM
are you so used to listening to your little japanese pop-punk-hipster bands with really abrasive tempos and melodies that you can't appreciate the beauty of a song full of subtle nuances and actual emotion? Go back to smoking your clove cigarettes, listening to your bands that are awesome because nobody has ever heard of (or if they have, its because it is the cool thing to like them), and thinking that you are god's gift to mankind. Oh yeah, playing instruments because they look cool are more a characteristic of the artists you hipsters listen to.

You just described 90% of this board

humanoid
02-10-2009, 11:41 PM
I'd never heard of this guy before 10 minutes ago, I'm surprised he elicits so much hatred, he seems fairly harmless (but not quite in the Jack Johnson irritating kind of way)...it may not be the greatest thing I've ever heard, but I might check him out if he happened to be playing somewhere that I happened to be

I guess I'm a little of a tree hugging hippie at heart though

He kinda reminds me of this amazing street musician I saw near Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco a few years ago

Givemean8ball
02-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Ive never seen xavier rudd
Have you?
According to his live youtube videos
it looks awesome

check out this whole live show....it's AWESOME
http://www.fabchannel.com/xavier_rudd_2007_concert

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-11-2009, 12:07 AM
You just described 90% of this board

no, he attempted to stereotypically describe me as though this retarded moniker and avatar persona somehow reflects that i'm a japanese-american high school student.

fucking bizarre, i know.

Drewski27
02-11-2009, 12:23 AM
but not quite in the Jack Johnson irritating kind of way

its the same shit as jack johnson only hes australian and more of a tree hugger. shit makes me want to fall asleep. and it is irritating. we already went through the jack johnson fiasco last year. we dont need it again. if you want to listen to some tree hugging hippies that want to save the earth, that can play uber amount of instruments, and attempt to rock a beard that looks nowhere near as sexy as Prince's, than go to the bonnaroo message boards. im sure there are like a hundred other idiots that want to discuss how awesome he is as well. but please, not here on coachella's.

humanoid
02-11-2009, 12:40 AM
its the same shit as jack johnson only hes australian and more of a tree hugger. shit makes me want to fall asleep. and it is irritating. we already went through the jack johnson fiasco last year. we dont need it again. if you want to listen to some tree hugging hippies that want to save the earth, that can play uber amount of instruments, and attempt to rock a beard that looks nowhere near as sexy as Prince's, than go to the bonnaroo message boards. im sure there are like a hundred other idiots that want to discuss how awesome he is as well. but please, not here on coachella's.

really, you're going to react to my statement that way?

I'm not going to get into an internet pissing match over something I hardly care about

I said he was decent, and I would maybe check him out if he happened to be somewhere that I happened to be...that's it...

you clearly blew this way out of proportion

but I guess I'll leave the festival I've been going to since 1999 because a musician didn't elicit the appropriate amount of anger and irritation according to your standards

PS....what's wrong with wanting to save the earth?? you toss it around like it's an insult

Drewski27
02-11-2009, 01:29 AM
all im saying is that we dont need more shit to clutter up the polo grounds

Psicosis
02-11-2009, 02:14 AM

Err, John Butler does not have an Australian accent. It's a bit of a running joke over here that an American is speaking out against Australian politician.

I saw Xavier Rudd late last year at a festival, he can play many instruments and has a few good songs but the performance and content tend to sway towards the boring side.

Givemean8ball
02-11-2009, 02:44 AM
its the same shit as jack johnson only hes australian and more of a tree hugger.

This is the proof that 1)you are an idiot 2)you don't know what the fuck are you talkin about 3) you have never listen to xavier rudd

humanoid
02-11-2009, 08:09 AM
all im saying is that we dont need more shit to clutter up the polo grounds

For the record, nowhere did I once say I wanted him at Coachella...just said I didn't find him to be irritating

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-11-2009, 10:00 AM
what drewski is trying to say is that Xavier Rudd is far better suited for bonnaroo than an indie festival such as coachella which just so happened to be the same damn point i attempted to make somewhere on page one of this now ridiculously awesome thread.

humanoid
02-11-2009, 10:13 AM
thanks, I get it...I've been to Coachella a couple times

Drewski27
02-11-2009, 10:13 AM
For the record, nowhere did I once say I wanted him at Coachella...just said I didn't find him to be irritating

thats cool. i on the other hand do tho IMO. my belief on artists like xavier rudd is that they are a dime a dozen. irritating? maybe a slight bit. only because, well, its been done before and its nothing new, nor exciting. awesomo said it best . . . .best suited for bonnaroo.

humanoid
02-11-2009, 10:19 AM
well, thankfully for you, you don't have to worry about it too much, he's not going to be at Coachella

I agree, seems like he'd go over well at Bonnaroo

PotVsKtl
02-11-2009, 10:28 AM
I'd never heard of this guy before 10 minutes ago, I'm surprised he elicits so much hatred

Nobody hates the cheeseball artists this guy keeps starting threads about, they hate the guy that keeps starting threads about cheeseball artists.

Drewski27
02-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Nobody hates the cheeseball artists this guy keeps starting threads about, they hate the guy that keeps starting threads about cheeseball artists.

truth.

humanoid
02-11-2009, 10:47 AM
well I can get behind a cause like that

ozmusic
02-12-2009, 01:17 AM
he is one of the best live performers i have ever saw nd his tallent you cant lern. his music talks real sence nd if there were more people like this guy mayb we wouldn be in so much shit like we are in now world! male and females over here in australia love him to death! his cool az. you dont like ruddy you prob. wouldnt like aussie people his layed back az like us. nothing better then having a drinking session with the boys in the shed with xavier rudd going while im in my thongs coz its freakin 48*c

Psicosis
02-12-2009, 01:31 AM
FFS, it's and. not nd.

Drewski27
02-12-2009, 06:45 AM
he is one of the best live performers i have ever saw nd his tallent you cant lern. his music talks real sence nd if there were more people like this guy mayb we wouldn be in so much shit like we are in now world! male and females over here in australia love him to death! his cool az. you dont like ruddy you prob. wouldnt like aussie people his layed back az like us. nothing better then having a drinking session with the boys in the shed with xavier rudd going while im in my thongs coz its freakin 48*c

what the fuck?

Drewski27
02-12-2009, 06:46 AM
lets move on . . . . do you think that hillary swank is hott? DISCUSS!

im on the "no" side.

Givemean8ball
02-12-2009, 08:27 AM

stfu asshole

Givemean8ball
02-12-2009, 08:27 AM
truth.

is that you are a fuckin idiot

humanoid
02-12-2009, 10:01 AM
lets move on . . . . do you think that hillary swank is hott? DISCUSS!

im on the "no" side.

I'd have to agree

Drewski27
02-12-2009, 07:33 PM
this thread gives me an idea for another thread!

but that doesn't change the fact that xavier rudd wont be there. and that nobody cares.