PDA

View Full Version : how long was it after the line-up was annonced last year...

deeznutz
02-05-2009, 08:14 AM
...that they added aphex twin and goldfrapp? I know Prince was even farther out, but just trying to get a slight idea of when the adds usually come. I know it's not perfect science, but just trying to get an idea. I thought it was only a few weeks, but I can barely remember what I did this past weekend, so who knows I could be totally off.

paganman7
02-05-2009, 08:22 AM
The lineup can be modified at any time between now and the day of the festival, including additions and removed acts (sorry Madness). There's just no way to know; every year is different.

Tylerdurden31
02-05-2009, 08:25 AM
you can't really go by that

In 06 they added Massive Attack within a few weeks of the announcement, Daft Punk soon after, Madonna a month before, Kanye a few days before and Beck was a complete surprise

deeznutz
02-05-2009, 08:33 AM
I guess they'll keep me coming back to the board everyday till coachella then. :)

I NEED MY LIFE BACK!

lol

Memorial_07
02-05-2009, 08:39 AM
it was March 13th

so about a month and a half later

obzen
02-05-2009, 09:12 AM
so far the bill is pretty good-not exactly great,yet-if GV doenst make any significant adds this time around though,i will be personally disappointed with Paul and the folks at AEG Live for being complacent.

beavington
02-05-2009, 10:13 AM
since your question was never actually answered, Aphex Twin and Goldfrapp were added Mar 11. Prince was added 4/09

it was all on the archived news section.

coldstart
02-05-2009, 10:25 AM
I guess they'll keep me coming back to the board everyday till coachella then. :)

I NEED MY LIFE BACK!

lol

Just follow the "coachellaupdate" twitter account. Changes will be posted there as soon as they happen.

http://www.twitter.com/coachellaupdate