PDA

View Full Version : wtf is with a $22 processing fee?

slanderson89
02-04-2009, 09:46 PM
i say shenanigans

Rockstarboy37
02-04-2009, 09:52 PM
It's bullshit.

slanderson89
02-04-2009, 10:05 PM
i think they are just trying to fuck us in the ass as much as possible cause they know we want to go. why can't they just include that in the initial cost and not get us pissed off?

slanderson89
02-04-2009, 10:06 PM
its like i realize that people are probably more likely to buy it once they have already started the process, but all its doing is getting all its loyal followers angry.

jimmycrackcorn
02-04-2009, 10:10 PM
-shrugs-
paid it...
:poo

eskamo951
02-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Ticketmaster does that. Just like how it costs $2.50 to print your own tickets..even though you use your own ink and paper and it conveniences ticketmaster more than it conveniences me.

dorkfish
02-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Ticketmaster doesn't get any of actual cost of the ticket, so they make up for it all on fees based on a swinging percentage of the ticket cost based on whatever venue it's playing at and based on other random factors. The bare minimum cheapest alternative (Brown Paper tickets) would have still charged about a $12 service fee, so the Ticketmaster markup isn't as dramatic as everyone makes it out to be.

Foppie
02-05-2009, 11:28 AM
It goes towards funds for killing Africans.

Rockstarboy37
02-05-2009, 11:47 AM
ticketmaster blows

OnlyNonStranger
02-05-2009, 11:59 AM
It goes towards funds for killing Africans.

Winner.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Ticketmaster are offiicially rapists

my friend bought a ticket to see Meshuggah at the house of blues

the ticket had a face value of $18. After the service charges it came out to $32

that is highway robbery

elChurro
02-05-2009, 02:04 PM
it's ticketbastards way of saying "bend over and take it". then they print out a .50 cent ticket and mail it.

JorgeC
02-05-2009, 03:34 PM

the ticket had a face value of $18. After the service charges it came out to $32

that is highway robbery

Your friend should have bought it at the box office. Would've been like $23...i'm lucky though, i'm usually able to buy HOB tickets ahead of time because i'm near one. Even if she isn't near one, no way Meshuggah was going to sell out that place, could've waited day of.

neverclever
02-05-2009, 03:37 PM
ticketmastersucks!org

apparently there is talks of a merger with LiveNation ???

in LATIMES (http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-tickemaster5-2009feb05,0,1222255.story).

Foppie
02-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Interesting article in the new Rolling Stone about Live Nation Ticket Fees:

"Live Nation declared service fees make up 17% of its gross income"
They go on to claim that they often lose money at the door due to paying artist and that they don't see any of the face value ticket money.

Stereogum posted a story about Springsteen's anger towards Ticketmaster too:

http://stereogum.com/archives/ticketmaster-has-always-sucked-but-for-some-reason-people-are_050721.html

None of these pieces mention ticketweb or Brown Paper Tickets, both of which offer a great service without gouging!

Carnie100
02-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Ticketmaster doesn't get any of actual cost of the ticket, so they make up for it all on fees based on a swinging percentage of the ticket cost based on whatever venue it's playing at and based on other random factors. The bare minimum cheapest alternative (Brown Paper tickets) would have still charged about a $12 service fee, so the Ticketmaster markup isn't as dramatic as everyone makes it out to be.

Communist.

brando4n82
02-05-2009, 05:49 PM

that is highway robbery

tell your friend to go drive from where ever he lives all the way down to HoB and buy his ticket. Hes paying convenience fees remember.

I hate ticketmaster too, but I'm not about to drive down to Hollywood or LA, or INDIO to buy my tickets..

chairmenmeow47
02-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Ticketmaster does that. Just like how it costs $2.50 to print your own tickets..even though you use your own ink and paper and it conveniences ticketmaster more than it conveniences me.

i hate these types of fees, just like the "delivery" fee luckyman uses if you choose to print at home:

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/671666-2/print-at-home+delivery+fee.JPG

if they'd just call it the ass raping fee, i'd be fine. but when you try to create these bullshit reasons for the fees, it pisses me off.

depechemodekraftwerk
02-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Its what you call PIMPING.

Now wheres the money at Bitch before oyu get PIMPED SMACKED

BillyCrystal
02-08-2009, 03:34 PM
with the Ticketmaster/Live Nation merger (which the SEC will probably allow to go through without a hitch), service fees for simple internet transactions will remain just as ridiculous as they already are. the only way to combat this would be a large-scale boycott, which would put the pressure on venues and promoters to use other outlets, but this just won't happen because people would rather pay and bitch (as i am now doing) than boycott and not get tickets.

devon
02-08-2009, 08:00 PM
i think they are just trying to fuck us in the ass as much as possible cause they know we want to go. why can't they just include that in the initial cost and not get us pissed off?

blame ticketmaster...they have a monopoly so they can charge whatever the fuck they want. its not coachellas fault

PLURallovermyface
02-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Your friend should have bought it at the box office. Would've been like $23...i'm lucky though, i'm usually able to buy HOB tickets ahead of time because i'm near one. Even if she isn't near one, no way Meshuggah was going to sell out that place, could've waited day of.

well, they sold it out two nights in a row in Hollywood when they were playing with Ministry and Hemlock opened...

JorgeC
02-09-2009, 08:52 AM
well, they sold it out two nights in a row in Hollywood when they were playing with Ministry and Hemlock opened...

ummm, yeah, except that they didn't sell it out. That was a Ministry headline show, not Meshuggah. Also helped that it was on a weekend.

beavington
02-09-2009, 10:31 AM

as long as the word convenience can be thrown around that will be ticketmasters reasoning.

instantvintage
02-09-2009, 05:46 PM

almost double isn't dramatic?

Coachella Bound
02-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Anyone know what the price is (total w/ fees) for just camping through ticketbasterd?

How much it would be for two camping tix?

R41N570RM
02-09-2009, 06:18 PM
inconvenience charges