beartrash
02-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Thievery Corp = Fail

durivenegas
02-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Imbecil:)

daft$tar
02-04-2009, 09:21 PM
i have a problem listening to them when im not in a boutique hotel lobby/bar in new york city

brokenDREAMS
02-04-2009, 09:30 PM
i'll have no problem listening to them when i'm blazing on a grassy polo field in the california desert.

gibsonorbust
02-04-2009, 09:40 PM
For them to be posted 2nd line (with Winehouse) = FAIL

Coachella 2009 is breakin' my heart

cr8vbeats
02-04-2009, 09:43 PM
fail??? what? thievery is chill and perfect for coachella, im glad their comin back to play again!

BrickTop24
02-04-2009, 09:45 PM
i cant wait to see them. should be much more enjoyable then the killers.

travolta
02-04-2009, 09:54 PM
i cant wait to see them. should be much more enjoyable then the killers.

so we are comparing eveyone to the killers now!?!?

s**t

GroovyMcFunk
02-04-2009, 09:58 PM
I used to listen to Thievery just to fall asleep at night, and I had no intentions of seeing them live...BUT at Vegoose 2007 I was waiting in line to ride the ferris wheel, and they happened to be playing right next to it. The line took about a fucking hour, but thanks to my good friend molly this ferris wheel seemed too good to pass up, so I waited it out and ended up seeing most of Thievery's set...UNBELIEVABLE. They began with just one guy sitting down and playing accoustic guitar, but by the end of the set it was an all out rave with at least ten people on stage and the crowd was going nuts. When I finally got on the ride, I could here Thievery killin' it during their last songs to my left while hearing DAFT PUNK on the stage to my right starting with "hhuuummaannn...rooobbbooooottt...huuummaannnnn...r ooobooootttt...Robot Rock..." Talk about a moment I will never, ever forget!

cfritz75
02-04-2009, 09:59 PM
^ omg I cant wait

Coachellian
02-04-2009, 10:05 PM
theivery = amazing!

jjbaldwi
02-04-2009, 10:07 PM
what is some essential material of this act to check out?

Drknowph
02-04-2009, 10:09 PM
thievery corp is one of the best things on this lineup
I dont understand how its a fail

what is some essential material of this act to check out?

check out any album
but i guess,start with mirror conspiracy

BrickTop24
02-04-2009, 10:31 PM
so we are comparing eveyone to the killers now!?!?

s**t

who's everyone?

travolta
02-04-2009, 10:32 PM
who's everyone?

everyone not sharing a direct time conflict w/ Killers.

ya know, everyone.

Aurgasm
02-04-2009, 10:33 PM
i'll have no problem listening to them when i'm blazing on a grassy polo field in the california desert.

my thoughts exactly

merznerve
02-04-2009, 10:35 PM
i dig them never caught them live though. Definitely am curious to see how their set is

MeowMixer
02-04-2009, 10:35 PM
fdsjiop

But that's just my opinion....

choprite
02-04-2009, 10:40 PM
ive got the cosmic game, its alright, but i heard that their live stuff is pretty different

whats a good live recording of them?

nothingisnothing
02-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Thievery Corp is some good shit from what I've heard. I mean, most of you guys probably dig Girl Talk or some shit. You really don't have that much opinion on anything I think :|

Rockstarboy37
02-04-2009, 11:37 PM
I used to listen to Thievery just to fall asleep at night, and I had no intentions of seeing them live...BUT at Vegoose 2007 I was waiting in line to ride the ferris wheel, and they happened to be playing right next to it. The line took about a fucking hour, but thanks to my good friend molly this ferris wheel seemed too good to pass up, so I waited it out and ended up seeing most of Thievery's set...UNBELIEVABLE. They began with just one guy sitting down and playing accoustic guitar, but by the end of the set it was an all out rave with at least ten people on stage and the crowd was going nuts. When I finally got on the ride, I could here Thievery killin' it during their last songs to my left while hearing DAFT PUNK on the stage to my right starting with "hhuuummaannn...rooobbbooooottt...huuummaannnnn...r ooobooootttt...Robot Rock..." Talk about a moment I will never, ever forget!

Lucky you. Great first post.

normalone75
02-05-2009, 05:19 AM
Apparently some have not seen Theivery Corp LIVE...fucking incredible, cant wait...wont be missing you haters!

danteb
02-05-2009, 05:36 AM

agreeeeed

Distorted_Jungle
02-05-2009, 05:52 AM
Damn can't wait for Thievery Corp. these guys always bring it!

CalmerThanYou
02-05-2009, 08:56 AM

Thank you for summing this up, i was way to lazy to type it out, but this was my exact experience.

I was thinking, "who the fuck is this on stage?"

Then WHAM...

Then Daft Punk...

Then LIGHTS OUT INTERGALACTIC SPACE TRAVEL.

Alchemy
02-05-2009, 09:26 AM
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT!?

SFChrissy
02-05-2009, 09:36 AM
I'll be enjoying their set along with my shroomies!!!

Hempey
02-05-2009, 09:36 AM
The more I think about it, Vegoose was a pretty rad time.
Too bad it's gone.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Jksq4w0JoHI/SLH4oMYeyoI/AAAAAAAAFR8/3JK_jgb8U0Y/s800/IMG_5101.JPG

summerkid
02-05-2009, 09:39 AM
i hear they are pretty great live. Seeing them at sunset at coachella seems pretty ideal

Sonicifyouwantit
02-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Vegoose was ok, the little fest that coulda been... it just didnt offer enough performances and should have been one day. 11 bands per day is not enough and the long gaps where stages were dead sucked. It definitely had its moments in 2006 and 2007 the two years I went but it just fizzled. oh well

not sure why anyone is shocked (in a positive/negative way) that theivery is playing. We've had massive attack and portishead, this pretty much fits.

Trick Loves The Kids
02-05-2009, 09:53 AM
god I hope they add a trance headliner to Saturday so I can rave from like 4-10:30 and then watch thievery corp on the grass 8]

childfacsimile
02-05-2009, 11:02 AM
not the new one...it's awful

webfairy
02-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Didn't anyone else on here see Thievery at Coachella 2003? They were amazing!!!!!! They played the outdoor theater and it was total magic. They had about 15 special guests on stage with them playing the wildest mix of world music, a perfect fit for the coachella field. Some people in the crowd were belly dancing, most people were sitting in the grass just in awe of what was happening. They even had beautiful projections from all around the world glowing behind them. I have been to every coachella, but some acts really stand out in your mind. Thievery for me was one of those moments! I can't wait to see them again!

GroovyMcFunk
02-05-2009, 11:32 AM
I was thinking, "who the fuck is this on stage?"

Then WHAM...

Then Daft Punk...

Then LIGHTS OUT INTERGALACTIC SPACE TRAVEL.

Haha, yeah I'm pretty sure that no one had any clue what hit them that night. I became a robot for a number of hours. Occasionally I still slip into a robot voice mid conversation without realizing it. RIP Vegoose!

humanoid
02-05-2009, 01:51 PM

it worked well under similar circumstances last time

humanoid
02-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Didn't anyone else on here see Thievery at Coachella 2003? They were amazing!!!!!! They played the outdoor theater and it was total magic. They had about 15 special guests on stage with them playing the wildest mix of world music, a perfect fit for the coachella field. Some people in the crowd were belly dancing, most people were sitting in the grass just in awe of what was happening. They even had beautiful projections from all around the world glowing behind them. I have been to every coachella, but some acts really stand out in your mind. Thievery for me was one of those moments! I can't wait to see them again!

yes, it was phenomenal....great vibe, my friends and I were highly anticipating their set, and it lived up to our expectations

djandrews25
02-05-2009, 05:54 PM
I anticipate this is going to be my favorite show of 09 coachella.

Shuwstah
02-05-2009, 07:53 PM
If you don't watch thievery, you don't like music. That's just how it is. Don't miss out this great chance, you will be blown away!!

sacleonard
02-05-2009, 09:08 PM
I think that they will put on a great show.
Can't wait to see them!

oftheheartofthesoul
02-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Any recommended listening? I liked the Youtube video on the lineup page but their latest album seems a bit too reggae-lite for me.

beartrash
02-06-2009, 12:08 AM
not sure why anyone is shocked (in a positive/negative way) that theivery is playing. We've had massive attack and portishead, this pretty much fits.

I'm not surprised they're playing, I'm surprised at their placement on the poster.

meat curtains
02-06-2009, 12:15 AM
not liking thievery corporation = music fail

drugks Gillespie
02-06-2009, 12:32 AM
What a stupid thread. Clearly you are in the idiotic minority. See you all at Thievery Corporations return to the polo fields. Who the fuck doesn't like good downtempo?

IngenJoolerie
02-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Haha, yeah I'm pretty sure that no one had any clue what hit them that night. I became a robot for a number of hours. Occasionally I still slip into a robot voice mid conversation without realizing it. RIP Vegoose!

you were only a robot for a couple hours!?!?! damn, i was doing the robot in the middle of a rage gnarly-slamfist-mosh the next night ;P

craziest weekend of my life=car stolen on friday night.....thievery and daft on sat.....some crazy shit sunday that didnt make sense. ah, vegas

RIP vegoose

gibsonorbust
02-06-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm not surprised they're playing, I'm surprised at their placement on the poster.

Exactly.

We're not discrediting their music, or their show. Discrediting their placement on Saturday.

redthreat
02-06-2009, 12:31 PM
thievery corp is one of the best things on this lineup
I dont understand how its a fail

thank you. i'm really excited to wind down for a bit to theivery corp.

gooftroop
02-06-2009, 12:38 PM
New album is weak but Thievery puts on a great show, nothing better for some relaxin on the polo fields after an exhausting day. Give them the Massive Attack slot on the main stage, then I will leave before the Killers to see some other good shit!

oftheheartofthesoul
02-06-2009, 07:04 PM
^I think Paul T. said Amy would get this slot. Too lazy to link the article.

Memorial_07
02-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Yeah that's what he said.

Maybe Thievery Corp. during the Killers on the outdoor theatre

GeezrRckr
02-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Whoever said that their last album is too "reggae-lite" nailed it. Thievery *is* excellent live, especially with the sitar (which is just so cool layered on top of that downtempo vibe). The bummer with this tour is that they have all these really bad MCs bringing the reggae lite from the new LP and it's just not working for them. Hopefully, they'll go back to their old shit for Coachella. If they do that, they will most definitely be great.

oftheheartofthesoul
02-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah that's what he said.

Maybe Thievery Corp. during the Killers on the outdoor theatre

I thought outdoor theatre too. They'll probably play between Amy and the Killers since they didn't book anyone at Outdoor Theatre during the headliners last year.

brycerosen
02-10-2009, 11:25 AM
beides cosmic gate what album should I get to really get to know them

M Sparks
02-10-2009, 11:50 AM
this ferris wheel seemed too good to pass up

This seems so weird to me. Seems like you can ride a Ferris Wheel just about anywhere.

On the other hand, Vegoose had HUGE chunks of time dead time in the schedule...maybe they should have had a whole carnival. They could have put it in that huge stadium they weren't using.

M Sparks
02-10-2009, 11:52 AM

The Mirror Conspiracy is pretty good, and hit has the "big hit" on it.

PassiveTheory
02-10-2009, 11:53 AM

* The Richest Man in Babylon
* The Outernationalist
* The Mirror Conspiracy

sacleonard
02-10-2009, 09:34 PM
The Massive Attack slot looks less likely, so how about a sunset set?

satori777
02-10-2009, 09:42 PM

And right after you finish up that marijuana cigarette out on the grassy field...I'll have no problem watching you get carried away in handcuffs and kicked out of the festival for being a retard and doing drugs out in the open.

My brother has been into TC for a really long time, but he's 40 so...

I'm not really in to downtempo anything. Maybe a quiet sunset gig, but sunset isn't that great from Sahara. I think I'll appreciate downtempo a lot more when I'm older, but for now I still like to have my face smashed while I break things. Electronic music to me needs to be agressive and...well...on the Polo Fields I'd rather listen to something I can dance to instead of something I can smoke opium to.

daftmonkey64
02-10-2009, 09:50 PM
And right after you finish up that marijuana cigarette out on the grassy field...I'll have no problem watching you get carried away in handcuffs and kicked out of the festival for being a retard and doing drugs out in the open.

My brother has been into TC for a really long time, but he's 40 so...

I'm not really in to downtempo anything. Maybe a quiet sunset gig, but sunset isn't that great from Sahara. I think I'll appreciate downtempo a lot more when I'm older, but for now I still like to have my face smashed while I break things. EDM to me needs to be agressive and...well...I'd rather listen to something I can dance to instead of something I can smoke opium to.

dude. you have no clue what the shit you're talking about. their albums are great i think but dont do their performance any justice.

so much energy from that show man, i mean do your thing but..fuck, such a good show.

satori777
02-10-2009, 09:55 PM
dude. you have no clue what the shit you're talking about. their albums are great i think but dont do their performance any justice.

so much energy from that show man, i mean do your thing but..fuck, such a good show.

I've been hearing them through my brother for some time now and well...not to impressed.

BTW I was giving my opinion...notice that in my post I stated how I felt about them. I didn't make a statement as if it were true. I didn't say, "The Killers<Jack Johnson." That would be a true statement.

So, my friend, unbunch your panties and move on. Just because you like 'em doesn't mean I have to.

misterpickles
02-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Thievery Corp = Fail

you = fail

daftmonkey64
02-10-2009, 11:37 PM
I've been hearing them through my brother for some time now and well...not to impressed.

BTW I was giving my opinion...notice that in my post I stated how I felt about them. I didn't make a statement as if it were true. I didn't say, "The Killers<Jack Johnson." That would be a true statement.

So, my friend, unbunch your panties and move on. Just because you like 'em doesn't mean I have to.

well i wasn't trying to say you were wrong, i could give a shit if you like em or not. I was just saying their live show has alot more energy than on albums. but wutev, if you wanna go watch amy winehouse..thats cool.

satori777
02-11-2009, 12:27 AM
well i wasn't trying to say you were wrong, i could give a shit if you like em or not. I was just saying their live show has alot more energy than on albums. but wutev, if you wanna go watch amy winehouse..thats cool.

Winehouse here I come!!!

It's so funny that after you assume I was speaking to fact and then attack me and say I don't know what I'm talking about...because you were doing just that, telling me I was wrong...that now I'm some asshole who'll be jacking off to Winehouse while the only conceivable option is either that or TC.

maybe I'll be getting myself a yummy frozen lemonaide during this time...hmmm...ever think of that?

Jman4321
02-11-2009, 02:45 AM
maybe I'll be getting myself a yummy frozen lemonaide during this time...hmmm...ever think of that?

I never thought about that myself. Saturday's outlook has become much brighter for me now!

BeBeM26
02-11-2009, 12:29 PM
the perfect solution is see them if you like them, if you don't then don't

daftmonkey64
02-11-2009, 02:59 PM
lemonade. cool man. enjoy.

BKsaysAction!
02-11-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm thinking they'll be the big surprise this year.

satori777
02-13-2009, 09:03 AM
lemonade. cool man. enjoy.

Oh I will...

frozen lemonaide and churros>Thievery Corp

daftmonkey64
02-13-2009, 09:22 AM
haha

betao
02-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Hearing "Warning Shots" performed live is one of the coolest, craziest things you can ever experience.

Do NOT miss these guys!

hellscrape
02-13-2009, 10:51 AM
this shit is gonna be fucking sweet. haters need not attend.

adeline3
02-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Vegoose was my first festival! I was super bummed it went belly-up. Looking back, yeah there were big gaps and not that many people, but they had solid scheduling so that i didn't miss anyone i wanted to see.

2006: ON THE SAME STAGE. Cat Power, then Fiona Apple, then The Raconteurs.

I was THISCLOSE.
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v48/202/111/1054530436/n1054530436_30031682_3268.jpg

no zoom. fucking photog in the way though. pshhh.

Freaksince'68
02-13-2009, 11:43 AM

So right! Don't miss this.

daftmonkey64
02-13-2009, 11:50 AM
i really cant understand how thievery is getting hated on so much. while this throbbing gristle noise is like the second coming to these message board fucks. stoops

redthreat
02-13-2009, 11:59 AM
i really cant understand how thievery is getting hated on so much. while this throbbing gristle noise is like the second coming to these message board fucks. stoops

throbbing gristle is for total toolbags. just wait for the hordes of assholes that show up just for them.

"hardcore" bands alway manage to bring "hardcore assholes"

examples: nin, tool, ratm, etc...

miraj
02-14-2009, 08:37 AM
throbbing gristle is for total toolbags. just wait for the hordes of assholes that show up just for them.

"hardcore" bands alway manage to bring "hardcore assholes"

examples: nin, tool, ratm, etc...

You know, I like Tool and NiN but I swear to god I am to the point of boycotting their shows because I cannot deal with the crowd they draw.

hippiechick
02-17-2009, 03:28 AM
So right! Don't miss this.

Hey Freak - Thanks for defending these DC homeboys. I am going to see them in Balto next week at Rams Head. These global guys and gals give a show that is filled with ever expanding feelings of euphoria -- and that is sans psychodelics.

TallGuyCM
02-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Good to see 99% of everyone disagrees with the moron who started this thread...looking forward to TC's set Saturday night in a big way.

psychoc&ndy
02-18-2009, 12:40 AM
so excited to see them. whats not to like about their sound? not understanding the hate. people need to check out their first album

aB9010
02-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Thievery Corp = Fail

You = Ignorance

Ustupidfuc
02-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Beartrash = Fail
Ustupidfuc!

beartrash
02-18-2009, 02:49 PM
You = Ignorance

I don't like a band so that makes me ignorant? You suck just as hard as Thievery Corp. I hope you die in Vegas before Coachella.

TallGuyCM
02-18-2009, 03:01 PM
I don't like a band so that makes me ignorant? You suck just as hard as Thievery Corp. I hope you die in Vegas before Coachella.

Ah, poor little beartrash. It's ok. I'd be pissed too if I created a thread and got ass flamed by everyone who read it!:sorry

shotglass75
02-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Seeing them this weekend and I'm going in blind. Don't really know anything about them.

beartrash
02-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Ah, poor little beartrash. It's ok. I'd be pissed too if I created a thread and got ass flamed by everyone who read it!:sorry
I'm not pissed at all I just thought the ignorance comment was, well, ignorant.

bonerfromgrowingpains
02-18-2009, 03:27 PM
TC is like the steely dan of electronic music...if you cant get down with that...eat a dick

TallGuyCM
02-18-2009, 03:30 PM
TC is like the steely dan of electronic music...if you cant get down with that...eat a dick

YES! I vote Steely Dan for Saturday night add. Could be the most unpopular add EVER, but it'd be epic.

There's a band with musical talent like no other. Not joking, they're fucking amazing. Check out their album "Countdown to Ecstasy" if you think I'm crazy.

imrad
02-18-2009, 04:00 PM
i never really got into them till i happened to see them after wilco at lolla 06. now theyre one of my favorites. they have really amazing energy at their live shows i am beyond excited to see them, especially in such a beautiful setting

bonerfromgrowingpains
02-18-2009, 04:03 PM
YES! I vote Steely Dan for Saturday night add. Could be the most unpopular add EVER, but it'd be epic.

There's a band with musical talent like no other. Not joking, they're fucking amazing. Check out their album "Countdown to Ecstasy" if you think I'm crazy.

i second this...SD for coachella no doubt. if anyone has ever seen them live then they already know...

DJ_60_GIG
02-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Thievery Corp is beyond the haters. hate is a waste of time. more room to dance, I like to say.

these guys are amazing musicans. whether it be a DJ set at a small club, vegoose (which was beyond good) or a full on band set opening for the lips at hollywood bowl.

I have long been a fan of these guys but recently re-downloaded their discog and have never been more of a fan. I am not going on Saturday, but these guys make want to re-think my decision.

this is my first post, so I apologize in advance for the (not) working link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spAkhOE2IVo

aB9010
02-18-2009, 10:02 PM

If you don't like this band, why the fuck do you have to post this stupid thread then?. Just keep it to yourself, nobody wants to know what bands you like/dislike.... Appreciate the great music of thievery corporation.

oceansc420
02-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Thievery Corporation just get better and better every time I listen to them. Will definitely be one of the highlights of my weekend.