PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Metal?

Sublimestylee7
02-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Hey guys,

This will be my 3rd Coachella , Can't wait, but dismayed a bit by Bonnaroo's Lineup.

Where is the metal?

What we have:

Mastodon
Genghis Tron (just found out about them) great
Patton Rahzel (maybe hard)
Tubonegro (hard I suppose)

Is there anything else I am missing that could be harder rock, metal, prog?

Please add Mars Volta,

Maybe some others:
Hella
Acid Mother's Temple
Godspeed (reunion)
Buckethead
Dragonforce
Dub Trio
Any other Mike Patton project
Fucking Champs
Isis,
Pelican
Opeth
Puscifier
The sword

Non metal:
Broken Social Scene
The Aliens (Beta Band)
Cornelius
Free Moral Agents
Hot Chip
Caribou
Soulwax
Black Moth Super Rainbow
Octopus Project
Viva Voce

mvanwinkle
02-04-2009, 01:04 PM
fucked up. i wouldnt call that metal but if you are looking for harder stuff this would do it.

natelan
02-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Hey guys,

This will be my 3rd Coachella , Can't wait, but dismayed a bit by Bonnaroo's Lineup.

Where is the metal?

What we have:

Mastodon

Please add Mars Volta,

Maybe some others:
Hella
Acid Mother's Temple
Godspeed (reunion)
Buckethead
Dragonforce
Dub Trio
Fucking Champs
Isis,
Pelican
Opeth
Puscifier
The sword

Non metal:
Broken Social Scene
The Aliens (Beta Band)
Cornelius
Free Moral Agents
Hot Chip
Caribou
Soulwax
Black Moth Super Rainbow
Octopus Project
Viva Voce

EWW. GV, PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POSTER'S REQUEST...

PLEASE STRIVE TO KEEP COACHELLA AS "METAL-FREE" AS POSSIBLE.

THANK YOU,

KungFuJay
02-04-2009, 01:11 PM
1) Coachella is not a metal fest. If you want more metal bands, go somewhere else. Like here:

http://www.scion.com/rock/

2) They throw metal-conscious indie fans a bone by booking Mastodon, so be thankful and not an ingrate.

3) Don't book Mars Volta. They are quite possibly the worst live band I have ever witnessed. Maybe HEALTH. It's close.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-04-2009, 01:15 PM
hot chip has done coachella two years in a row, give em a break

humanoid
02-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Hey guys,

Where is the metal?

What we have:

Mastodon

Please add Mars Volta,

Maybe some others:
Hella
Acid Mother's Temple
Godspeed (reunion)
Buckethead
Dragonforce
Dub Trio
Fucking Champs
Isis,
Pelican
Opeth
Puscifier
The sword

Non metal:
Broken Social Scene
The Aliens (Beta Band)
Cornelius
Free Moral Agents
Hot Chip
Caribou
Soulwax
Black Moth Super Rainbow
Octopus Project
Viva Voce

So I'm confused...are you inquiring about Coachella or Bonnaroo?

Mordecai
02-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey guys,

Where is the metal?

What we have:

Mastodon

Please add Mars Volta,

Maybe some others:
Hella
Acid Mother's Temple
Godspeed (reunion)
Buckethead
Dragonforce
Dub Trio
Fucking Champs
Isis,
Pelican
Opeth
Puscifier
The sword

Non metal:
Broken Social Scene
The Aliens (Beta Band)
Cornelius
Free Moral Agents
Hot Chip
Caribou
Soulwax
Black Moth Super Rainbow
Octopus Project
Viva Voce

Ya, like what the hell man? Why didn't GV book Dragonforce? Their sound is just so diverse ....

MIleK5CRcjo

drewdrewdrew
02-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Talk shit on Dragonforce somewhere else, viking metal lives on.

Memorial_07
02-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Mastodon is probably the only real metal band. Then and Genghis Tron

Gribbz
02-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Maybe I misread... but did you imply that Patton & Rahzel will be hardcore music? I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt..

Memorial_07
02-04-2009, 01:43 PM
I read the same thing you did, Dale

Sublimestylee7
02-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Patton and Rahzel: I have no idea what it could be. But, looking at Patton's other stuff, Maybe harder

Come on people, you can have some harder stuff and not all metal. And they don't have to be headliners. (RATM, NIN, TOOL, Etc.) Just a couple bands with some EDGE that does not put you to sleep would be great.

I just don't want to spend all my time at Sahara.

Memorial_07
02-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Patton's other stuff may be but Rahzel is far from it

PassiveTheory
02-04-2009, 01:50 PM
At Ozzfest, where it belongs.

redthreat
02-04-2009, 01:54 PM
This thread blows.

donkey sex
02-04-2009, 02:00 PM
VH1 Classic. Seems like it's on all day. Priest, Guns, Skid Marks...all of em.

obzen
02-04-2009, 02:09 PM
in relevance to Coachella,i dunno where the (m)etal is at-with the exception of Mastodon.

i do know however that Meshuggah absolutely killed last night at the House of Blues-utterly devastating!!

AND they played Bleed in its entirety-
it was 7+ minutes of vertigo-inducing triplets--fucking mindblowing Metal!!

sweet artie
02-04-2009, 02:10 PM
1) Coachella is not a metal fest. If you want more metal bands, go somewhere else. Like here:

2) They throw metal-conscious indie fans a bone by booking Mastodon, so be thankful and not an ingrate.

3) Don't book Mars Volta. They are quite possibly the worst live band I have ever witnessed. Maybe HEALTH. It's close.

I totally agree with the Mars Volta comment.
They are HORRIBLE. I loved At The Drive In but Volta... Ewwww.
Self indulgent wanna be Santana jazz fusion jam rock w/ out of tune howling on top.
They have disappointed me on 3 seperate occasions.
I don't understand their appeal.
Put At The Drive In back together dag nabbit!

Sublimestylee7
02-04-2009, 02:10 PM
so there are not any other harder bands I may have not heard of?

Thanks for all of your helpful posts.

sweet artie
02-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Hey guys,

Where is the metal?

What we have:

Mastodon

Please add Mars Volta,

Maybe some others:
Hella
Acid Mother's Temple
Godspeed (reunion)
Buckethead
Dragonforce
Dub Trio
Fucking Champs
Isis,
Pelican
Opeth
Puscifier
The sword

Non metal:
Broken Social Scene
The Aliens (Beta Band)
Cornelius
Free Moral Agents
Hot Chip
Caribou
Soulwax
Black Moth Super Rainbow
Octopus Project
Viva Voce

Although the following bands aren't "Metal" I wouldn't mind a Kyuss reunion... Fu Manchu... The Melvins... Murder City Devils... or The Sword

obzen
02-04-2009, 02:23 PM
i gotta disagree with the hate against The Mars Volta here on this thread-theyre immensely talented-they just make really good studio LPs-so its only natural for people to let the expectations for the live set to sky-rocket

lets be realistic though,only about 75-8o% can be transcended live-the rest is progressive-improv

granted,live,they are products of the punk-rock frame of mind(i.e. Nirvana,Deftones)which means the live shows can be a little sloppy sometimes ,they ooze passion and i respect them from their At the Drive-In days-theyve thrived,which is more than you could say for the Sparta squad

no one sounds quite like them-though at times,they may emulate Iggy Pop,MC5,Led Zepplin,Santana etc.

PanasonicYouth
02-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Moar Dillinger Escape Plan plz.

KungFuJay
02-04-2009, 02:27 PM
i gotta disagree with the hate against The Mars Volta here on this thread-theyre immensely talented-they just make really good studio LPs-so its only natural for people to let the expectations for the live set to sky-rocket

lets be realistic though,only about 75-8o% can be transcended live-the rest is progressive-improv

granted,live,they are products of the punk-rock frame of mind(i.e. Nirvana,Deftones)which means the live shows can be a little sloppy sometimes ,i respect them from their At the Drive-In days-theyve thrived,which is more than you could say for the Sparta squad

no sounds quite like them-though at times,they may emulate Iggy Pop,MC5,Led Zepplin,Santana etc.

Sorry, not a fan of the studio stuff either, so my expectations weren't high in the least. But I saw their set at Sasquatch last year and I couldn't get over how awful it was. Diff'rent strokes I guess....

obzen
02-04-2009, 02:33 PM
upon seeing Meshuggah last night,i had a conversation about DEP-while i give them points for creativity,their efforts at being off-kilter sound too contrived
unlike say Meshuggah

but i have heard good things another band called Car Bomb,ill give them a listen hear ina minute

on another note-i saw this band open up for Meshuggah called The Faceless-pretty impressive-some passages reminded me of Death(RIP Chuck)

but yeah,Dilinger Escape Plan-meh.

Sublimestylee7
02-04-2009, 02:34 PM
It is funny, because amongst the Volta fans (As I definitely am one) Sasquatch was supposed to be one of their better shows recently. They are a taste not befitting of most pallets. It is funny how many people are decisively against volta. You love them or you hate them.

They are one of the few bands I can see multiple times and be surprised at their range and setlists.

Socal is their home, and I have seen them down here over 10 times. I am just ready for another

Dillenger Escape or the Melvins would also be greaT

obzen
02-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Sorry, not a fan of the studio stuff either, so my expectations weren't high in the least. But I saw their set at Sasquatch last year and I couldn't get over how awful it was. Diff'rent strokes I guess....

yeah,couldve been an off-night

i dont even know how The Mars Volta got thrown into the Metal convo-

then again,this thread might cover alot of ground-even (m)etal.

KungFuJay
02-04-2009, 02:41 PM
yeah,couldve been an off-night

i dont even know how The Mars Volta got thrown into the Metal convo-

then again,this thread might cover alot of ground-even (m)etal.

Could've been a great night for them. I think I just hate them.

I think OP mentioned them - I certainly never meant to imply that they were metal. I love a lot of metal (mostly classic metal), but I don't think that it really has a place at Coachella. My most recent perfect day of metal was the "Metal Masters" tour stop in Dallas last August: Judas Priest, Heaven & Hell, Motorhead and Testament. Basically 6+ hours of awesome metal with minimal interruption and the finest people watching you can imagine.

obzen
02-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Could've been a great night for them. I think I just hate them.

I think OP mentioned them - I certainly never meant to imply that they were metal. I love a lot of metal (mostly classic metal), but I don't think that it really has a place at Coachella. My most recent perfect day of metal was the "Metal Masters" tour stop in Dallas last August: Judas Priest, Heaven & Hell, Motorhead and Testament. Basically 6+ hours of awesome metal with minimal interruption and the finest people watching you can imagine.

rock on.

KungFuJay
02-04-2009, 02:47 PM
rock on.

Indeed. Speaking of Sasquatch last year, I had a blast (maybe my favorite 2008 fest) and I don't regret going at all, but I did miss both Iron Maiden Texas tour dates to go. That always saddens me to think about.

obzen
02-04-2009, 03:01 PM
sacrafice-its a bitch,
Dec. 07 i sacracficed,Tool over Bjork-but i got over it,saw her in 06 anyways.

run to the hills,run for your life

phantomphlyer560
02-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Hey guys,

Dragonforce

get the fuck outta here.

Sublimestylee7
02-04-2009, 03:38 PM
^ You are one of those girls that will hear a hundred complements , but there is one spot of criticism, you start to cry

Or watch Bill o'Reily and scream at dissent

way to read what you want

natelan
02-04-2009, 03:53 PM

granted,live,they are products of the punk-rock frame of mind(i.e. Nirvana,Deftones)which means the live shows can be a little sloppy sometimes ,they ooze passion and i respect them from their At the Drive-In days-theyve thrived,which is more than you could say for the Sparta squad

no sounds quite like them-though at times,they may emulate Iggy Pop,MC5,Led Zepplin,Santana etc.

I must say... I despise hard music (see my signature below), but my brother took me to front row for Mars Volta, and it was an absolute awesome show.

Blew my mind- good. It was like watching the band Rush, but slightly more modernized.

obzen
02-04-2009, 04:00 PM
I must say... I despise hard music (see my signature below), but my brother took me to front row for Mars Volta, and it was an absolute awesome show.

Blew my mind- good. It was like watching the band Rush, but slightly more modernized.

then i guess im blessed with having such an eclectic taste in music

from Aphex Twin to Meshuggah
from The Smiths to Coltrane

<-------------i love it!!!

Memorial_07
02-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Meshuggah would be fucking badass for Coachella

normalone75
02-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Hey Guys, where is the spoken word?
JEEZ.

Memorial_07
02-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Rollins is the spoken word

obzen
02-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Rollins cracks me up-Jeneane Garafolo would be cool to.

obzen
02-05-2009, 10:14 AM
:bump

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2009, 10:40 AM
My Bloody Valentine is more metal then all the death metal in Scandinavia.

DRcube
02-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Hey guys,

Dragonforce

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Illusionist_bucket/stfu_noob.jpg

heyeric
02-05-2009, 10:45 AM
If you want Metal, just continue going to your local radios shows. Thank you.

obzen
02-05-2009, 01:39 PM
^

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Illusionist_bucket/stfu_noob.jpg
:)

Shooters08
02-05-2009, 02:45 PM
It's called Ozzfest, not Coachella. But I see how the two names can get confusing.

roboticwaltz
02-05-2009, 03:14 PM
in relevance to Coachella,i dunno where the (m)etal is at-with the exception of Mastodon.

i do know however that Meshuggah absolutely killed last night at the House of Blues-utterly devastating!!

DUDE I KNOW IT WAS SO FUCKING SICK!!!!

Anyway, I'd love to see some heavier stuff on the line-up. Not Dragonforce though, they remind me of Iron Maiden on a coke binge, and that is just terrible in the worst kind of way.

Isis or Pelican would be pretty sick. I'd even like more straightforward stuff like the Sword (Black Sabbath ver 2.0) or some proggy shit like These Arms Are Snakes.

Rockstarboy37
02-05-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm all for the sword followed by acid mothers temple back to back.

esy191
02-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Ozzfest = shitty death metal

Coachella, why not try out some great metal/heavy bands with indie-cred (or at least respect) such as:

• Andrew WK
• Fantômas
• Melvins
• Mindless Self Indulgence
• Primus
• Dillinger Escape Plan
• Sleepytime Gorilla Museum (Oh god, they would be perfect at Coachella)

Someone should start a thread pleading GV for Sleepytime Gorilla Museum.

That would mind fuck every little indie pussy on the polo fields and give us all nightmares for weeks (in a good way of course).

NightGoat
02-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Hey guys,

Where is the metal?

What we have:

Mastodon

Please add Mars Volta,

Maybe some others:
Hella
Acid Mother's Temple
Godspeed (reunion)
Buckethead
Dragonforce
Dub Trio
Fucking Champs
Isis,
Pelican
Opeth
Puscifier
The sword

Non metal:
Broken Social Scene
The Aliens (Beta Band)
Cornelius
Free Moral Agents
Hot Chip
Caribou
Soulwax
Black Moth Super Rainbow
Octopus Project
Viva Voce

Although I wouldn't call most of what you said metal, and a few of those bands aren't heavy, I do agree with a bunch of bands you listed. Acid Mothers Temple is amazing. They're the best psychedelic rock out there, hands down. I've seen 'em live like, 6 times and they destroy.

I definitely agree that we need more metal and a little more experimental music. However, I don't agree with the idea of Dragonforce. They suck...a lot.

If Coachella was going to get some heavier shit on the lineup (not just metal), I'd want them to get

Boris
Lightning Bolt
Wolves in the Throne Room
SunnO)))
Pig Destroyer
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Melvins
Melt Banana (think J-Pop, grindcore, and Tom Morello smashed together)
and Fantomas again

Last time I checked, it was called the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, not the Coachella Valley Music and Arts (except for metal) Festival

esy191
02-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Good call with Lightning Bolt.

That would be pure unadulterated Mojave madness.

rage patton
02-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Genghis Tron are fucking awesome. I don't know what they are doing at Coachella, but I can't wait to see them.

fucked up. i wouldnt call that metal but if you are looking for harder stuff this would do it.

Listen to this guy! Go check out Fucked Up. They certainly aren't metal, but play hardcore punk in the same vein as Blag Flag, Fugazi and Minor Thread. Check em out.

Dude, I saw The Mars Volta at Sasquatch last year. As a huge Mars Volta fan I must say... it sucked. That performance was awful. If that was your introduction to them I feel sorry for you. I have seen them twice before that and they were AMAZING. That was just an off night for them. But seriously, don't judge them of their Sasquatch that. That shit sucked.

obzen
02-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Ozzfest = shitty death metal

Coachella, why not try out some great metal/heavy bands with indie-cred (or at least respect) such as:

• Andrew WK
• Fantômas
• Melvins
• Mindless Self Indulgence
• Primus
• Dillinger Escape Plan
• Sleepytime Gorilla Museum (Oh god, they would be perfect at Coachella)

Someone should start a thread pleading GV for Sleepytime Gorilla Museum.

That would mind fuck every little indie pussy on the polo fields and give us all nightmares for weeks (in a good way of course).

Ozzfest is NOT AND WILL NEVER BE Death Metal
(its just Metal plain and simple,bands like slipknot dont count-Death Metal takes real talent and ability)

Death Metal pioneers,Death-would smoke dilinger escape plan
-they should get off Meshuggahs jock with that off-kilter noise,its sounds too contrived

but then again this is coming from someone who name checks andrew wk:nono

obzen
02-05-2009, 08:38 PM
ps-ozzfest is meh.

roboticwaltz
02-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Oh God, anything but MSI. I'd take shit stain Dragonforce over MSI. But Andrew WK or Dillinger would definitely be the most face-melting thing to ever hit Coachella.

PARTY PARTY PARTY, WERE GONNA HAVE PARTYYYY!!!

BrettShipes
02-05-2009, 08:49 PM
The greatest metal of all time was here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrash_of_the_Titans

If you weren't there, you totally missed out.

obzen
02-05-2009, 09:23 PM
The greatest metal of all time was here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrash_of_the_Titans

If you weren't there, you totally missed out.

Chuck(Death)is the sickest singer/lead guitarist-i love his solos on Leprosy!!

but Symbolic and especially The Sound of Perserverance and Human are fucking classic.

Dave Gravy
02-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Coachella needs some High on Fire up in there!

Memorial_07
02-06-2009, 07:42 AM
High On Fire, Isis, EyeHateGod etc.

good sludge/stoner metal for the festival.

And of course Meshuggah and Deftones

obzen
02-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Meshuggah and Deftones

i like the way you think!:)

redthreat
02-06-2009, 12:03 PM
who r u people?

NightGoat
02-06-2009, 12:21 PM
High On Fire, Isis, EyeHateGod etc.

good sludge/stoner metal for the festival.

And of course Meshuggah and Deftones

If you happen to live in LA EHG is playing at the Murderfest festival @ th Knitting Factory. It's more than likely going to be pretty amazing.

DaKINe
02-06-2009, 12:29 PM
The only thing metal at coach is the art..let's keep it that way :thu

obzen
02-06-2009, 12:33 PM
:rolleyes

NightGoat
02-06-2009, 01:11 PM
There should be both more metal and experimental music. Mastodon, Throbbing Gristle & Genghis Tron are all signs of this happening in later years.

nothingisnothing
02-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Cornelius was my favorite of my Coachella weekend in 2007. One of my favorite concert experiences ever actually...

Acid Mothers Temple would be AMAZING at Coachella. I can't think of anything more perfect. But I doubt it would ever happen. Just like Boris and Boredoms or any good Japanese band being put on the bill

Has there been any Japanese music at Coachella besides Cornelius?

NightGoat
02-06-2009, 03:59 PM
AMT is going to be doing a show @ the Echo on April 3rd so if you live in LA make a point to see them live. I've seen them every year since '05 and they've been amazing each time. Boris is pretty good live too. I haven't seen Boredoms live but I'm sure it'd be really cool.

Sublimestylee7
02-07-2009, 05:52 AM
Sleepytime gorilla music would be the show...
DEP.
Boris,

I should have named this thread, "where is the hard core?" Too many people freak out over genres.

Rap/rock Is Life
02-07-2009, 06:12 AM
SLIPKNOT

Memorial_07
02-07-2009, 07:56 AM
he's back...........

unknowndrummer66
02-07-2009, 12:26 PM
its funny when people on these forums actually think goldenvoice cares or even listens to what you guys post

LOLOL

malcolmjamalawesome
02-08-2009, 11:06 AM

Shutup forever.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-08-2009, 11:07 AM
SLIPKNOT

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ZOMG!!!

Rap/rock Is Life, you are my favorite alias ever. I am SO happy you're back.

obzen
02-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Shutup forever.

"Shutup forever."

Yes,i jock that-I feel your angAAH,it gives you focus,makes you strongaAH!!

ROStifarian
02-09-2009, 08:15 AM

I would kill to go there. Sadly there's no way to get a ticket anymore.

As far as coachella friendly metal acts, please, add Boris.

obzen
02-09-2009, 08:25 AM
1) Coachella is not a metal fest.

Coachellas debut in 99 featured Tool and Rage Against the Machine as headliners-thee prime world-beating contemporary Metal acts

normalone75
02-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Coachellas debut in 99 featured Tool and Rage Against the Machine as headliners-thee prime world-beating contemporary Metal acts

Tool is Progressive Rock bud, contrary to popular belief we like for the meat heads, head bangers and moshers to stay away during their performances.

Thanks

obzen
02-09-2009, 11:11 AM
homie ive been a Tool fan since 92,theyre all about the school of Metal
this is a band thats influenced by the likes of King Crimson and Meshuggah

Adam himself has refered to the band as 'Metal'-and its his band,dude started Tool

even if you look at the publications,theyre tagged Metal

plus,Hard rock bands dont utilize the good ol Double Bass Drum 'bud'-
now STP-thats Hardrock

and technically they are Prog-but that tag is more for bands like Yes and Jethro Tull,and King Crimson in my personal opinion

Tool are Transcendental Metal

Xenocide
02-09-2009, 11:15 AM
dir en grey

otep

gojira

opeth

KMFDM

carokube
02-09-2009, 11:17 AM
i agree that tool is metal. i mean for christ sake guns n roses used to be the end all of metal and crap. tool is just 90s metal.

obzen
02-09-2009, 11:20 AM
i agree that tool is metal. i mean for christ sake guns n roses used to be the end all of metal and crap. tool is just 90s metal.

thank you-although i think Lateralus helped them shake that 90's metal tag

Xenocide
02-09-2009, 11:24 AM
you don't have to be fast to be heavy...

obzen
02-09-2009, 11:32 AM
you don't have to be fast to be heavy...

ive heard this line before smoewhere

while it holds water-whats your point?

tigermilkboy
02-09-2009, 06:06 PM
I think I found the metal for you it is here!
http://www.nme.com/news/slipknot/42653

Coachella Bound
02-09-2009, 06:19 PM
its funny when people on these forums actually think goldenvoice cares or even listens to what you guys post

LOLOL

its funny when the media on all levels looks to this board for any kind of insite.....

and you better believe Golden Voice ganders through these boards more often than not.

icroak
04-08-2009, 07:06 PM
I never realized people attending coachella could be so closed minded as to not want any metal. I'm excited about mastadon myself.

didimydoe3
04-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Valient Thorr would be fun.

anonimouse
04-08-2009, 09:51 PM
wow thanks for the genghis tron tip! i hadnt heard them, listening now, me likey!

in regards to the OP's list, i think pelican is the only one on that list i could picture at coachella. dragonforce?! you got to be fucking kidding. anyway i think metal is such a broad category these days. i'd be more likely to say wheres the heavy music rather than wheres the metal. heavy music does have its place at coachella and has since the beginning.

i'd like to see graf orlock play coachella once just to see the look on peoples faces when they realize the band is setting up in the middle of the tent

obzen
04-08-2009, 09:51 PM
I never realized people attending coachella could be so closed minded as to not want any metal. I'm excited about mastadon myself.
Mastodon.:)

zeg0ggles
04-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Mastodon is a fantastic group that will dominate Coachella.

There are other metal bands similar that would work in the Coachella context. Considering the audience at Coachella (not metal heads for the most part...) the bookers need to get artists that wouldn't be too abrasive for people who are used to listening to Beirut. I've liked the ideas of a Kyuss reunion, High on Fire, and The Melvins. But as well, other bands from the Atlanta metal scene, like Baroness and Kylesa would be fantastic additions, as they are extremely arty, and don't prescribe to an average metal genre. Neurosis would be spectacular as well.

P.S. If you don't like the metal, don't go to the shows, and accept that not everybody whose attending this festival has identical tastes as you. This festival covers a lot of genres of music, so complaining about one of them doesn't really make sense.

obzen
04-09-2009, 08:09 AM
^doing too much.
look mein,you got 6 posts-unless youre an alias id cut the authoritartian bullshit...

anonimouse
04-09-2009, 02:29 PM
^doing too much.
look mein,you got 6 posts-unless youre an alias id cut the authoritartian bullshit...

if you are referring to zeg0ggles's post, i've read it about three times now and im still trying to find the "authoritartian" bullshit. i think he made some valid points

anyway comparing the size of ones interweb penis seems a bit 2003ish to me

zajaa
04-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Tool is Progressive Rock bud, contrary to popular belief we like for the meat heads, head bangers and moshers to stay away during their performances.

Thanks

if only they did...

yeah no but they are metal undoubtedly

weezy f baby
04-09-2009, 04:46 PM
seriously. Tool has plenty of meathead fans.

obzen
04-09-2009, 05:02 PM
seriously-people who are fixed on not accepting metal are determined to remain ignorant and therefore generalize its fans as 'meatheads'-its a pointless argument but most of these peeps who are ignorant are not willing to act out on their qualms in person,theyre a bunch of passive-aggressive pussies who hate passion because the closest the ignorant ones get to the experience is as a listener...

the fact of the matter is-metal has been a part of Coachella since day one-get over it,lets push things forward...

Shonky
04-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Electric Wizard? some decent doom metal that would make a nice add?

weezy f baby
04-10-2009, 05:47 PM
THE METAL!

http://www.dublins98.ie/assets/upload_img/Tenacious.jpg