PDA

View Full Version : Headliners Paid?

closer03
02-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Do the headliners get paid? Like Bjork, Rage, and RHCP? Or is it just to get attention for their albums or whatever?

ThunderInTheSky
02-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Thats about the dumbest question since who has a copy of the seating chart

SkinnyBalink
02-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Do you work for free? I know I don't sit at my desk all day just for the glory and recognition of being an office bitch.

closer03
02-12-2007, 12:48 PM
thanks! eh...

MadMatt
02-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Perhaps the question is a little naive, but I was reading somewhere that the Chili Peppers offered to play Glastonbury for free ... and were turned down! :lool

So maybe it isn't totally out of the questions that they Chili Peppers are playing for free, or at least at a very discounted rate for a headliner.

Maybe the Glastonbury thing was just a rumor, but it's funny to think about nonetheless.

Adam2uBer
02-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Do the headliners get paid? Like Bjork, Rage, and RHCP? Or is it just to get attention for their albums or whatever?
I'm pretty sure they have...

But I do know that Depeche Mode did it for free last year.

vinylmartyr
02-12-2007, 11:23 PM
They are paid in confiscated Booze and Drugs from the Coachella camping area and venue.

instinct
02-13-2007, 12:57 AM
vinylmartyr.. your post count makes me a little ill.

vinylmartyr
02-13-2007, 01:01 AM
sorry

~fab81~
02-13-2007, 01:02 AM
glastonbury turned down free chili peppers??? i seriously cant imagine that happening...

xxfxx

vinylmartyr
02-13-2007, 01:04 AM
ya 50 cent headlined that once right

philbur
02-13-2007, 01:08 AM
glastonbury turned down free chili peppers??? i seriously cant imagine that happening...

xxfxx

i can... i'm not to sure how well RCHP's would go down at glasto.... i heard that rumor before but i think eavis just has set ideas on who he wants playing.... i can't see him as the biggest slap bass fan.....

philbur
02-13-2007, 01:10 AM
ya 50 cent headlined that once right

what glastonbury!! no chance the kid's a pleb... he played reading a few years back but got bottled off... it was a glorious moment... have a look on youtube.... he stayed on for exactly the amount of time he needed to to get paid and then went on his way....

~fab81~
02-13-2007, 01:14 AM
dizzy rascal got booed offstage when i saw the chili's in paris. i felt really sorry for him. comes to something when a rapper starts playing guns n roses records to try and please the crowd...

50 @ glasto. that would have been interesting. would they have put him on before or after rolf harris?

xxfxx

Good Days Last
02-13-2007, 01:53 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_bajFQzCH5Y&mode=related&search=

50 bottled.

And in all fairness, the dude played through it all.

~fab81~
02-13-2007, 01:56 AM
youda thought people would have just hung out somewhere else rather than show up just to chuck a load of bottles at 50 cent....

xxfxx

philbur
02-13-2007, 02:59 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_bajFQzCH5Y&mode=related&search=

50 bottled.

And in all fairness, the dude played through it all.

yea as i said though only so he could get paid.... he had to be on stage 15mins otherwise he wouldn't of so as soon as he had been he went on home....

that was the only year i missed reading in the last 6 and yeah i would of gone and watched something else but still it would of been fun to see it....

granted good charlotte ain't the best band in the world [i would say bottom 3] but i got to say they handled getting bottled way better than anyone else.... he first shouted at the crowed.... "you guys are way better than Leeds [the northern version of the event] they couldn't even hit the stage!!".... then he got everyone in the crowd to grab a bottle and throw it all at once.... it looked amazing.... you could barely see the sky....

~fab81~
02-13-2007, 03:14 AM
i would have loved to have seen that good charlotte bottling!

(wouldnt have loved being in the crowd - bottles hurt!)

xxfxx

Elazarus
02-13-2007, 06:09 AM
Oh the Good charlotte bottling, that was funny as fuck! There was a guy in the crowd holding up a 'Good Charlotte Sucks' or something poster for about 5/10 mins, before one of the girl's there watching them walked upto him stole the poster off him, chucked it on the ground and started to jump up and down on it, after that she told him to fuck off! Classic, didn't stop anyone from booing even louder or throwing more bottles. I love it, can't wait to do it for MCR at Download fest this year! I'm gonna also try something new this year... Biscuiting, they fly like a bitch!

vinylmartyr
02-13-2007, 06:13 AM
_bajFQzCH5Y&mode
Good Days you Madres fan. Learn how to use the youtube button.

foto_synthesis
02-13-2007, 07:42 AM
vinylmartyr.. your post count makes me a little ill.

Are you sure you don't mean downright nauseated?! Holy crap? How many hours a day can someone spend on this forum? If there's an award for Coachella dedication. . . :thu