PDA

View Full Version : Any advise for drivers ?

sunmusique
02-03-2009, 09:58 PM
I and couple of other people are planning our drive from Chicago to Palm Springs.
Since it's quite a trip and I've got no experience on that kind entertainment =P is there something I should especially keep in mind? Maybe some specific places to step by? Or something to worry about? I know what will keep the trip chilling, but I don't want to have any unfortunate events on my way.

=)

SFChrissy
02-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Traffic on the 10 east sux!!!

flowbee
02-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Get your kicks...on Route...66

http://www.unicef.ie/userfiles/Image/route_66_map.jpg

qqrKxBhKdFM

redthreat
02-04-2009, 02:46 PM
bring a lot of herbals

beckylyn
02-04-2009, 04:23 PM
my parents used to drive the fam from nebraska to upstate new york every summer (that's about the same distance you are going). my advice is probably obvious, but here it is: mostly i would say that having a second driver that you can trade off with is key. stop to rest and stretch your legs whenever someone has to go to the bathroom. don't try to go too far in one day ... you can get tired and be in an accident because your reflexes are not at their peak. and, most importantly, take your car in for an oil change and ask the place to look at your tire pressure and check all your fluids a couple days before you leave. if they will check your belts and other basic items that wear out that would be great too. you want your car in tip-top shake for a road trip that long. another great idea is to buy a AAA membership ... seems like a worthless waste of money, but if you're stuck in the middle of no where because your car broke down or you ran out of gas, AAA will rescue you. have a safe trip =)

gaypalmsprings
02-04-2009, 04:24 PM
stop at the rest stops for some action

natelan
02-04-2009, 04:28 PM
I and couple of other people are planning our drive from Chicago to Palm Springs.
Since it's quite a trip and I've got no experience on that kind entertainment =P is there something I should especially keep in mind? Maybe some specific places to step by? Or something to worry about? I know what will keep the trip chilling, but I don't want to have any unfortunate events on my way.

=)

Yeah, best tip of them all...

California Highway Patrol is an organized crime syndicate full of heavily armed mobsters. Avoid them at all cost.

emtgreg
02-04-2009, 04:28 PM
keep the top up, when in bat country!

WilliamTaft
02-04-2009, 05:15 PM
after or before the fest, you'll be close to LA and you'll be very tempted to visit.
DON'T.
most crowded, dirty, ugly, smoggy, smelly, boring city on earth. it's only fun if you're there specificly for a concert or if you have mad $$$$$$.
and you'll spend 2 hours driving from one point just 15 miles to another because of traffic.

another tip: don't stop in vegas either.

another tip: IF you do feel the need to go to LA, then you absolutely MUST MUST MUST go to Roscoe's Chicken n' Waffles. there's a few. the best are in Hollywood, and the one on La Brea dr (it's in the ghetto...) because you will never ever ever again taste waffles that great. they melt in your mouth.

westcoastpirate
02-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Mesa Verde, CO
Denver
Durango, CO-Pinstripe Brewery
Grand Canyon
Flagstaff

Courtney
02-04-2009, 07:22 PM
One piece of advice:

TAKE ME WITH YOU!! Roadtrips are the best.

WilliamTaft
02-04-2009, 07:44 PM
you could also stop by the salton sea. it's in the desert maybe a couple hours away from indio. very cool place. lots of abandoned hotels and gas stations and stuff. if anyone in your group of friends is into photography, the salton sea is a photographer's wet dream.

emtgreg
02-04-2009, 08:57 PM
WilliamTaft speaks truth..

I do suggest that you bring something to hide the smell, and bring something strong.

WilliamTaft
02-04-2009, 10:18 PM
yeah, like a fish.