PDA

View Full Version : With Bonnaroo having announced...

drewdrewdrew
02-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Are there any bands that you think will be late announcements for Coachella? I saw Coheed and Mars Volta on the roo lineup in particular that I would love to see at Coachella...

Thoughts?

DanWiss90
02-03-2009, 04:23 PM
both of those bands would be awesome. but my thinking is that their playing at coachella was at all a possibility, they would already be booked. either they cant play coachella or the organizers dont want them to.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Why don't you two go blow it out your ass

CalmerThanYou
02-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Coheed and Schwag + Mars Suckmycock would be sick additions!

drewdrewdrew
02-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Coheed and Schwag + Mars Suckmycock would be sick additions!

There is no pleasing you electro-whores.

Daft punk1!!!1111 (yawn)

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 04:27 PM
I just think your suggestion that because these bands were announced for another festival that somehow makes them more likely to play a festival which has already announced its lineup is without merit.

You didn't have to call us whores. Jesus. We DO have feelings.

drewdrewdrew
02-03-2009, 04:28 PM
I just think your suggestion that because these bands were announced for another festival that somehow makes them more likely to play a festival which has already announced its lineup is without merit.

You didn't have to call us whores. Jesus. We DO have feelings.

Look how many coachella acts have been at bonnaroo in the same year, and visa versa. Id say it at least merits some interest.

And sorry about that, I just had to let the tiger out a little.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 04:31 PM
It doesn't. It's stupid. If anything, them being announced at Bonnaroo should suggest that they're completely UNLIKELY to be playing Coachella, which, btw, already announced its lineup.

Why don't you go read a book or something

drewdrewdrew
02-03-2009, 04:33 PM
It doesn't. It's stupid. If anything, them being announced at Bonnaroo should suggest that they're completely UNLIKELY to be playing Coachella, which, btw, already announced its lineup.

Why don't you go read a book or something

Jesus, you're right, Coachella never adds bands after the initial announcement. What was I thinking?

Id tell you the same but I dont want the twilight sales to go up anymore.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Find me an example of a time where:

1) Coachella announced their lineup
2) Bonnaroo announced their lineup
3) Coachella THEN added an act which was on that year's Bonnaroo lineup.

drewdrewdrew
02-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Find me an example of a time where:

1) Coachella announced their lineup
2) Bonnaroo announced their lineup
3) Coachella THEN added an act which was on that year's Bonnaroo lineup.

Jesus fucking christ. Fine, its infinitely unlikely that any band would ever agree to play bonnaroo then later agree to coachella. It can only happen the other way, no exceptions.

Happy?

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 04:38 PM
I will never be happy until my feet are firmly planted in the smooth Sahara soil.

drewdrewdrew
02-03-2009, 04:41 PM
I will never be happy until my feet are firmly planted in the smooth Sahara soil.

One less tard to navigate around during good artist sets I guess.

akilleeez
02-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Late annoucements include: Bloc Party, Kasabian and K.O.L.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 04:42 PM

Go to hell.

drewdrewdrew
02-03-2009, 04:43 PM

Bloc Party would be cool. The rest can die.

CalmerThanYou
02-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Jesus fucking christ. Fine, its infinitely unlikely that any band would ever agree to play bonnaroo then later agree to coachella. It can only happen the other way, no exceptions.

Happy?

One less tard to navigate around during good artist sets I guess.

DrewDrew...you are a sore loser

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Also an unbelievable pussy.

drewdrewdrew
02-03-2009, 04:44 PM
DrewDrew...you are a sore loser

No, I just dont want to sit here and try to google a band that agreed to roo then coachella.

And even if they havent before, doesnt mean they wouldnt now. Coheed has a free april but shows in march and may...could happen.

CalmerThanYou
02-03-2009, 04:45 PM
but youd rather waste your time arguing something you arent going to win? you lost at Coheed and Schwag, then you utterly failed at a daft punk dis.

now stop whining.

drewdrewdrew
02-03-2009, 04:49 PM
but youd rather waste your time arguing something you arent going to win? you lost at Coheed and Schwag, then you utterly failed at a daft punk dis.

now stop whining.

I am trying to keep the thread going so someone other than two electro zombies post, but so far all I get are you two tools who think computers are instruments. If you dont want them to come, why post here? I dont give a shit if you like them or not.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 04:50 PM
We're the only things keeping your horribly planned thread alive. You should thank us.

Do it. Say "Thank you."

CalmerThanYou
02-03-2009, 04:50 PM
If you want to keep something going, you should have been there in the Bahamas when it mattered most, you selfish piece of shit.

RIP - JETT

drewdrewdrew
02-03-2009, 04:51 PM
We're the only things keeping your horribly planned thread alive. You should thank us.

Do it. Say "Thank you."

Thank you for making everyone who reads this hate shitty electro more. Does that work?

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah, drewdrewdrew, remember when I said I wanted to work things out and I would give it as much time as it took and you were all "No, baby, I love you but I just need some time to figure out who I really am on my own"?

You didn't want to keep it fucking going then, did you???

Monklish
02-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Drewdrewdrew... what's your first name?

drewdrewdrew
02-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah, drewdrewdrew, remember when I said I wanted to work things out and I would give it as much time as it took and you were all "No, baby, I love you but I just need some time to figure out who I really am on my own"?

You didn't want to keep it fucking going then, did you???

No, because I was trying to tell you that I was fucking your cousin.

DruggyFestivalGuy
02-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah, fuck these electro heads, dude!

I am ALL FOR Coheed man! Bring the Prog Rock!

drewdrewdrew
02-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah, fuck these electro heads, dude!

I am ALL FOR Coheed man! Bring the Prog Rock!

Thank you, now prepare to get flamed by these two.

CalmerThanYou
02-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Thanks for playing Drew!

DruggyFestivalGuy
02-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Just kidding, drewdrewdrew, your thread fucking SUCKS!

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Just kidding, drewdrewdrew, your thread fucking SUCKS!

I completely support this post.

drewdrewdrew
02-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks for playing Drew!

No, thank you.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 04:57 PM
No, thank you.

I knew he'd say "thank you".

drewdrewdrew
02-03-2009, 04:58 PM
I knew he'd say "thank you".

Some kind of fortune teller.

CalmerThanYou
02-03-2009, 04:59 PM
http://blog.wired.com/music/coachella/coachella_friday_16_Crowd_for_Aphex_Twin.jpghttp://blog.wired.com/music/coachella/coachella_friday_16_Crowd_for_Aphex_Twin.jpghttp://blog.wired.com/music/coachella/coachella_friday_16_Crowd_for_Aphex_Twin.jpghttp://blog.wired.com/music/coachella/coachella_friday_16_Crowd_for_Aphex_Twin.jpghttp://blog.wired.com/music/coachella/coachella_friday_16_Crowd_for_Aphex_Twin.jpghttp://blog.wired.com/music/coachella/coachella_friday_16_Crowd_for_Aphex_Twin.jpghttp://blog.wired.com/music/coachella/coachella_friday_16_Crowd_for_Aphex_Twin.jpghttp://blog.wired.com/music/coachella/coachella_friday_16_Crowd_for_Aphex_Twin.jpghttp://blog.wired.com/music/coachella/coachella_friday_16_Crowd_for_Aphex_Twin.jpghttp://blog.wired.com/music/coachella/coachella_friday_16_Crowd_for_Aphex_Twin.jpghttp://blog.wired.com/music/coachella/coachella_friday_16_Crowd_for_Aphex_Twin.jpghttp://blog.wired.com/music/coachella/coachella_friday_16_Crowd_for_Aphex_Twin.jpg

drewdrewdrew
02-03-2009, 05:01 PM
OOOOOHHHHHH LIGHTS

Get a lightbrite

pocket
02-03-2009, 05:03 PM
yeah bro. real sick.

djandrews25
02-03-2009, 05:21 PM
I like pie.

PassiveTheory
02-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Are there any bands that you think will be late announcements for Coachella? I saw Coheed and Mars Volta on the roo lineup in particular that I would love to see at Coachella...

Thoughts?

They can keep those fucking cancers.

clumsy342
02-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Drewdrewdrew... what's your first name?

I think its Steven.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 05:29 PM
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3100/drdrewyb6.png

youcutyourhair
02-03-2009, 05:34 PM
http://blog.wired.com/music/coachella/coachella_friday_16_Crowd_for_Aphex_Twin.jpg

Thank you!

LoveBoatCaptain
02-03-2009, 05:36 PM
why couldn't Coachella get that great of a lineup???

PassiveTheory
02-03-2009, 05:37 PM
why couldn't Coachella get that great of a lineup???

Why don't you shut the fuck up?

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Coheed and Cambria? Fuck them. They "boss timed" a long time ago.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Mars Volta boss timed it about two albums ago.

PassiveTheory
02-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Coheed and Cambria boss timed it the minute their shitty music barged it's way into my life via a series of equally shitty commercials on Fuse.

faxman75
02-03-2009, 05:41 PM
I saw them (Mars Volta) screaming at Sasquatch last year. Yeah, not good.

PassiveTheory
02-03-2009, 05:42 PM
I mean they fucking sound like a high-pitched Fall Out Boy set to Wolfmother-riffage. Who the fuck would want to listen to that?

faxman75
02-03-2009, 05:43 PM
To each their own I guess. I know i'll be avoiding it.

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Mars Volta's only enjoyable album was their debut. After that they totally lost it.

Fuck, it makes me sad cause At the Drive In was so fucking good.

Blinken
02-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Mars Volta boss timed it about two albums ago.

Glad to see your dropping the "It's" much better. :thu

Even though I disagree and am excited for Mars volta at the Roo.

Memorial_07
02-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Defintley down for Mars Volta added to Saturday

deeznutz
02-03-2009, 05:48 PM
It's too bad bonnaroo got David Byrne instead of Coachella. He's much more a coachella act imo and his current live show is absolutely amazing.

Coachella could one up them and make a talking heads reunion happen though, i wish.

*yes i know that's not going to happen...

sonnyboy11
02-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Defintley down for Mars Volta added to Saturday

Me too. Haters can go suck it. The only down part of this is they play their 'short' set at these festivals much like when the open for larger acts. I hate that. I have seen them headline several times, including shows at the Wiltern and at the Greek Theater. MUCH better for them to headline since their jamming needs time to groove. A two hour set at least is what they need. But I'll take whatever I can get.

sonnyboy11
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
It's too bad bonnaroo got David Byrne instead of Coachella. He's much more a coachella act imo and his current live show is absolutely amazing.

Coachella could one up them and make a talking heads reunion happen though, i wish.

*yes i know that's not going to happen...

I gave that a thought too. It would be damn nice to see Talking Heads. They are in the top 3 of bands I would like to see reunite (I still listen to the brilliant Remain In Light). I haven't been much for Dave's solo stuff but of course if he plays, I am there.

Memorial_07
02-03-2009, 07:03 PM
As long as they cut their jams short if they play Coachella then they should get a pretty good amount of time to play original songs

gooftroop
02-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Mars Volta's only enjoyable album was their debut. After that they totally lost it.

Fuck, it makes me sad cause At the Drive In was so fucking good.

Agree X 1000 ATDI used to be one of my favorite bands. Mars Volta really excited me with their first album (never liked Sparta) but then after that I just couldn't get into it anymore. I missed the tightness of ATDI too much, to me their music felt even more free than all this nonsense Mars Volta puts on display at times.

BUT I would love to see the Mars Volta still because I never have. That is sweet they are playing Bonnaroo because they will give them at least an hour and a half probably. I would bet they'd need a long set. And I bet it would rock and I would enjoy it. I just don't like their new albums.

Props to Bonnaroo on their lineup, this festival has come a long way since The Dead and Widespread eras but still maintained their roots. The Boss, Phish, Beasties and NIN look pretty damn good as headliners right now.

drewdrewdrew
02-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Agree X 1000 ATDI used to be one of my favorite bands. Mars Volta really excited me with their first album (never liked Sparta) but then after that I just couldn't get into it anymore. I missed the tightness of ATDI too much, to me their music felt even more free than all this nonsense Mars Volta puts on display at times.

BUT I would love to see the Mars Volta still because I never have. That is sweet they are playing Bonnaroo because they will give them at least an hour and a half probably. I would bet they'd need a long set. And I bet it would rock and I would enjoy it. I just don't like their new albums.

Props to Bonnaroo on their lineup, this festival has come a long way since The Dead and Widespread eras but still maintained their roots. The Boss, Phish, Beasties and NIN look pretty damn good as headliners right now.

Beasties and Phish yeah, I never liked NIN

SecretPrescription
02-03-2009, 11:26 PM
i would lovvvvve mars volta to be added on saturday.

outdoor theater, drown out the killers, those pussies

Xenocide
02-04-2009, 08:31 AM
it IS funny how many of the acts we were BEGGING for here (David Byrne, Beastie Boys, NIN, Bruce Springsteen, Neko Case, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Yeasayer, Animal Collective, etc) that Roo got instead...

Robert Earl Keen was pretty good at the first Stagecoach, i'd catch that... hmm, Down will be awesome!

& they got Santogold, Animal Collective, St Vincent & MGMT from last year's Coachella...

& we got Surkin/Para One and Electric Touch as repeats. Just sayin'...

redthreat
02-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Bloc Party would be cool. The rest can die.

NO. NO FUCKIGN BLOC PARTY.

how many god damn times to i have to see their set? WTF.

until they come out with another album that is even 1/2 as good as Silent Alarm I don't want to see those fucking brits anywhere but in a god damned STUDIO DAMNIT!!! WEGO#*$%@#UIBHSV!!~!!!!

drewdrewdrew
02-04-2009, 12:09 PM
NO. NO FUCKIGN BLOC PARTY.

how many god damn times to i have to see their set? WTF.

until they come out with another album that is even 1/2 as good as Silent Alarm I don't want to see those fucking brits anywhere but in a god damned STUDIO DAMNIT!!! WEGO#*$%@#UIBHSV!!~!!!!

I would be happy with bloc party purely to see the drummer.