View Full Version : Almost stepped in puke last year

xxorcoxx
02-03-2009, 08:43 AM
just watch where you step especially if your barefoot

myelectrolife
02-03-2009, 08:53 AM
gross...
I didnt have that experience.
I did however almost step on a joint last year. Dont worry I properly disposed of it.
puff puff

Memorial_07
02-03-2009, 08:54 AM
I always wonder how people can be barefoot considering they have to walk to and from the parking lot each day if they're not camping.

sure the grass feels nice but not walking on hard dirt and rocks

beckylyn
02-03-2009, 09:18 AM
I always wonder how people can be barefoot considering they have to walk to and from the parking lot each day if they're not camping.

sure the grass feels nice but not walking on hard dirt and rocks

i generally don't wear shoes during the day at coachella, but i wear them walking from the parking lot and at night. you never know what's on the ground when its dark ... cigarette butts, broken glass, yucky stuff.

donkey sex
02-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Rainbow sandals for me. Not gay.

OnlyNonStranger
02-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Rainbow sandals for me. Not gay.

Neither is your avatar.

Mockingbird73
02-03-2009, 10:18 AM
In 2001, I made a very poor choice in footwear, so I HAD to go barefoot. While the grass was nice, I stepped in something very very nasty in a crowd in the dark. Completely unidentifiable. Could have been puke, could have been a burrito...could have been a horked up burrito.

Good thing I was trashed enough to just sort of forget about it

I will not go barefoot anymore. Nor will I wear sandals.

gooftroop
02-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Wear comfortable but easily removable footwear. I almost always walk around with my shoes on, but when I find a good spot I often take them off for some excellent relief.

If you have a backpack too that helps cause you can just throw your shoes in there as needed.

And you know, stepping in nasty shit is gross but there's no place I'd rather have nasty shit be on than my feet. Just wipe them off on the grass and rinse them off with some water. That's why we have such thick soles, they're meant to walk on just about anything.

The grass at Coachella just feels so damn good!

locachica73
02-03-2009, 01:32 PM
The first day I did the "sensible shoe" and ended up with blisters. After that I went flip flops the rest of the time and never had an issue... well except for almost losing one in a crowd at some point but other then that my feet were nice and cool and happy.

chiapet
02-03-2009, 03:00 PM
I bring trainers for night (or if it's a packed tent and don't want to have toes trampled) but mostly wear flip flops or go barefoot. I've never stepped in puke. :P and honestly, if that's the worst thing your feet ever come into contact with...

boarderwoozel3
02-03-2009, 04:25 PM
I've noticed that the Sahara and the surrounding area is particularly vulnerable to icky ground stuff.

chiapet
02-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Oh, that explains it, I wouldn't go barefoot around the Sahara (more for getting stepped on than puke feet).

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-03-2009, 05:15 PM
wear something you dont mind losing or getting ruined

Memorial_07
02-03-2009, 05:41 PM
i generally don't wear shoes during the day at coachella, but i wear them walking from the parking lot and at night. you never know what's on the ground when its dark ... cigarette butts, broken glass, yucky stuff.

what do you do with your shoes though?

Stork
02-03-2009, 05:54 PM
my first coachella day ever was friday in 07 and when my buddy and I were walking around 2pm we see a guy on his knees puking his guts out but fully suited for the heat. we asked him if he was alright but he said 'I got it' while continuing to projectile vomit. about 30 minutes later we came walking back and my friend stepped in all that puke barefoot.

I also was actually thrown up on by a fat guy during the 08 saturday night at the campground drum thing.

Memorial_07
02-03-2009, 05:58 PM
puke makes me puke

A new resolution

*Avoid it as much as possible

sonnyboy11
02-03-2009, 06:30 PM
I was at a Dead concert back in the late 80s. Before the show, a kid a about 10 ft in front of me heaved the technicolor yawn. It had a nice brownish hue with a chunk-like consistency to it.

The kid was pretty embarrassed about it. He tried covering it up with a paper plate but wasn't sure what else to do about it. He was sitting there contemplating the event and turned away briefly. A granola girl in a tye-dye dress and ankle strap sandals came dancing along right towards the still warm yak concoction. Me and my buddy went to say something, but we were too late. She did a hard pirouette right with her foot landing under the plate. Her expression has stayed with me to this day.

/Doc Marten's for me at concerts

fergie
02-05-2009, 04:55 AM
Safety tip: wear shoes, don't go barefoot because people vomit or spit & you don't want to carry around that guys' dna on you. Yaaaakkk!

beckylyn
02-05-2009, 07:14 AM
what do you do with your shoes though?

toss 'em in my backpack, hold 'em in my hands, whatever ... i always wear flip flops at coachella so they aren't heavy or awkward to carry around ... i'm thinking about getting a locker this year ... a locker would be a good place to store a blanket to sit on after sundown and shoes i'm not wearing during the day =)

prettyenoughforyou
02-05-2009, 12:13 PM
last year we saw some dude hurl under one of the picnic tables. we have decided he must of been on shrooms or something because he puked and came up with a huge smile on his face. anywho we stood near trying to warn every person who went to sit there not to but after awhile we had to relinquish because it just wasn't our problem at that point.

moral of the story: look under the table before sitting down.

on a side note, it was quite curtious of him not to puke ON the table...

enjoythesilence
02-05-2009, 04:34 PM
only brought flip flops with me last year but basically went barefoot from thursday night till monday morning w/no problems. (yay for camping!). my feet were disgusting when i got home but i hate wearing shoes in general so it was worth it. planning on the same thing for this year, fingers crossed for another incident-free experience. although based on this, i'll probably be a bit more careful where i'm walking...

Gyrus
02-05-2009, 05:18 PM
it's not that bad, man up
specially' if it's fresh..... mmmm warm goo..... *squish squish through the toes*
I know I made a few piles a couple years ago, haven't been able to go near aftershock since

CalmerThanYou
02-05-2009, 07:13 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/lostjedi21/AIDZ.jpg

Suffacated
02-06-2009, 01:42 AM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/lostjedi21/AIDZ.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t52/Suffacated/POLO/exorcist-puke.gifhttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t52/Suffacated/POLO/mainpukehumperssse4.gif

Alligator Bogaloo
03-08-2009, 10:40 PM
I bought some really nice timberland hiking shoes for this year. Thick tread, cushy insole, steel toe. Ain't no aidz needle gonna get me...