PDA

View Full Version : TICKETMASTER GIFT CARDS

kitt kat
02-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Uhhh...

How come ticketmaster sells gift cards and doesn't give you an option to redeem them?

And yes, I already tested the theory of "Maybe Coachella doesn't accept gift cards! LOL!" with regular concerts and such. No option. Whatsoever.

If you go on their help section, the answer to the FAQ "How Can I Redeem My Gift Card?" is this:

The Ticketmaster Gift Card ("Gift Card") can be used for purchases online at www.ticketmaster.com, via Ticketmaster telephone lines and at participating authorized retail outlets and venue box offices. The Gift Card may not be redeemable at all Ticketmaster retail outlets or venue box offices. Please check your local outlet or venue about their Gift Card redemption policy.

THAT DOESN'T TELL ME HOW TO REDEEM THEM YOU STUPID FUCKS. It tells me WHERE. WHERE is not HOW.

ARGHARGHARG I HATE TICKETMASTER SO MUCH. I guess this means I have to call them in the morning since they didn't accept my email request.

ThomThom
02-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Uhhh...

How come ticketmaster sells gift cards and doesn't give you an option to redeem them?

And yes, I already tested the theory of "Maybe Coachella doesn't accept gift cards! LOL!" with regular concerts and such. No option. Whatsoever.

If you go on their help section, the answer to the FAQ "How Can I Redeem My Gift Card?" is this:

THAT DOESN'T TELL ME HOW TO REDEEM THEM YOU STUPID FUCKS. It tells me WHERE. WHERE is not HOW.

ARGHARGHARG I HATE TICKETMASTER SO MUCH. I guess this means I have to call them in the morning since they didn't accept my email request.

Just go to the Ticketmaster kiosk at the Beverly Center and redeem it. Of course I am assuming that you aren't that far from it... Right?

cooperb1
02-03-2009, 12:37 AM
a check out just befor you give your cc info they have a spot you can click and use your gift card or just go to an outlit

shakermaker113
02-03-2009, 09:13 AM
oh shit. I bought my coachella ticket and totally forgot I had a gift card.

d'oh.

F00FIGHTER20
02-03-2009, 11:28 AM
I used a gift card to buy my ticket online... the option is there....

the "redeem gift card" is above your credit card info that you may have stored.

JustSteve
02-03-2009, 11:49 AM
just like on every other retailers site, you enter it at ckeckout.

kitt kat, you're a winner!

psychic friend
02-03-2009, 11:58 AM
WIN

Courtney
02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
I just went onto the website because I was curious, and with a cursory look I couldn't figure out how to use a giftcard online either. It may be that they are only redeemable by phone or in person.

DRcube
02-03-2009, 12:47 PM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn22/cubemd/sddfdf.jpg

psychic friend
02-03-2009, 12:49 PM
It doesnt appear to be on the shopping cart option.. so if you were trying to order tickets and camping together on one order for example, it's not there. looking into it.

Seems like it is there for non shopping cart orders

thanks

Courtney
02-03-2009, 12:52 PM
That gift card line isn't there in the checkout for me.

Courtney
02-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Wait now it is there. I think maybe they are updating their checkout system right now or something.

psychic friend
02-03-2009, 01:01 PM
yup..

kitt kat
02-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Gah see! I knew I wasn't crazy! I'll check when I go home. The option was never there for me.

frozen pilgrim
02-03-2009, 07:07 PM
yup..

pf, kitt katt, thank you for sorting this out. I'm glad I didn't try to place my order this morning then.
pf you're hella on top of the ticketmaster queries this year. I'm sure it's much appreciated.

frozen pilgrim
02-03-2009, 07:18 PM
new question:
is there no way to buy two 3-day passes and camping at the same time?!
it lets me buy ONE pass plus camping via the coachella shopping cart, or multiple 3-day passes, but then no option for camping.
I've gone all the way through the order a couple times, and there is no way to buy two passes and two camping tickets.

I hate to complain, but this is totally unfair. I don't want to pay ticketmaster TWO transactions worth of charges and have to ring up two separate purchases on my card. is there any way this can be done? it seems insane that you can't buy passes and camping for two people.

Bud Luster
02-03-2009, 07:38 PM
you pay a per ticket fee, so buying them seperately or at the same time shouldnt make a difference.

frozen pilgrim
02-03-2009, 07:39 PM
psychic friend, someone, please help out here.

why can't I buy 3 day passes and camping tickets for two people?

JustSteve
02-03-2009, 07:39 PM
new question:
is there no way to buy two 3-day passes and camping at the same time?!
it lets me buy ONE pass plus camping via the coachella shopping cart, or multiple 3-day passes, but then no option for camping.
I've gone all the way through the order a couple times, and there is no way to buy two passes and two camping tickets.

I hate to complain, but this is totally unfair. I don't want to pay ticketmaster TWO transactions worth of charges and have to ring up two separate purchases on my card. is there any way this can be done? it seems insane that you can't buy passes and camping for two people.

order over the phone maybe?

frozen pilgrim
02-03-2009, 08:05 PM
I don't know if you can use the phone order system for international events

frozen pilgrim
02-03-2009, 08:07 PM
I actually think this is kind of a ridiculous oversight.
I understand obviously if dani can't help until she gets back to work tomorrow or whatever, but if by some freak chance we get an addition and something sells out before I can buy my freaking tickets, I'm going to be mighty unhappy

shakermaker113
02-03-2009, 09:12 PM
that's not going to happen. and this thread is full of people who bought their festival ticket and their camping ticket at once. they keep mentioning something called a shopping cart option. that's what was causing all the fuss in the first place.

/reading.

frozen pilgrim
02-03-2009, 09:12 PM
shaker, fuck you.
I specifically stated the problem, including how the shopping cart fits in. I have a loved one I'm going with, and just like last year I'd like to buy her fucking ticket. but apparently, this year camping's only an option for lonely people, and people who want more than one ticket can't buy camping passes

F00FIGHTER20
02-04-2009, 08:57 AM
I am definitely not complaining... but i just received a $24 credit from ticketmaster.... i purchased my tickets (camping and 3-day) separately.....

anyone else get this refund?

shakermaker113
02-04-2009, 09:10 PM
shaker, fuck you.
I specifically stated the problem, including how the shopping cart fits in. I have a loved one I'm going with, and just like last year I'd like to buy her fucking ticket. but apparently, this year camping's only an option for lonely people, and people who want more than one ticket can't buy camping passes

I didn't mean to be confrontational. and you never mentioned how the shopping cart fits in.

look, it's possible. I'll walk you through it.

1. http://www.coachella.com/tickets
2. buy now link.
3. select 3 day pass and camping options.
4. continue.
5. change the number of 3 day passes to 2.
6. select and continue.
7. change the number of camping passes to 2.
8. select and continue.
9. find tickets.

you're home free from there. see:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k33/shakermaker113/temporder.jpg