PDA

View Full Version : bonnaroo aint no coachella

captain radero
02-12-2007, 09:42 AM
last year the line up looked weak. not much to get me to travel 3/4 of the way across the country. coachella has an outstanding track record and is very well put together every year. i dont see why everyone continues to compare the two. coachella is the best festival i have ever been too. just a matter of opinion. i just wanted to share.

hangthedj112
02-12-2007, 09:47 AM
What is this bonneroo you speak of? Is it anything like Bonnaroo?

vinylmartyr
02-12-2007, 09:48 AM
I really have not seen a lot of comparison this year. I guess mostly cause the Bonnaroo lineup has not been released. Getting the Police is great but they are touring the whole country so its not very special.

M Sparks
02-12-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm sure there's a hippie in Tennessee who feels the exact opposite.

You're absolutely right that they shouldn't be compared, but not because one is better than the other. They are two totally different things in opposite ends of the country. They may overlap a few artists because they are both ecclectic. But any festival that has "Phil Lesh and friends" headline the last night and schedules 3 1/2 hours for it is not competing with Coachella.

I do like the way they schedule things...shutting down the other stages and tents during the headliner, and then opening them back up for overnight shows.

summerkid
02-12-2007, 09:54 AM
see i dont like that part of it. It makes it more difficult to get a decent spot for the headliner i would think

fober
02-12-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm pretty sure these are two different target audiences we're talking about.

And by target audiences I mean smelly hippies.

ghettojournalist
02-12-2007, 10:00 AM
i hate the fact that bonnaroo gets more money and awards than coachella.
coachella is more eclectic; whereas, bonnaroo is really a niche festival that recently started going eclectic.
there's really no comparison.

vinylmartyr
02-12-2007, 10:01 AM
I hate the scheduling at Bonnaroo but I would not mind checking it out one year.

CiderMouseRules
02-12-2007, 10:17 AM
It seems to me that, for the most part, the Bonaroo and Coachella headliners are pretty interchangeable and that the real difference is in the second and third tier acts.

Also, I've been told there's way more drugs at Bonaroo.

summerkid
02-12-2007, 10:25 AM
I dont think Coachella or Bonaroo have ever shared a headliner other than Radiohead? They differ at the top but they share some midtier acts.

ghettojournalist
02-12-2007, 10:33 AM
yeah, imagine tom petty and bonnie raitt headlining coachella.
i would like to see elvis costello, though.

summerkid
02-12-2007, 10:42 AM
yeah, imagine tom petty and bonnie raitt headlining coachella.
i would like to see elvis costello, though.

yeah, I would have like to see Dr. John too, but I can't really picture him at Coachella.

KRINGER
02-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Also, I've been told there's way more drugs at Bonaroo.

Makes sense, sure they'll be no shortage of balloons..

wah wah wah :eek:

captain radero
02-12-2007, 10:52 AM
id probably need the drugs to get through most of those acts. but im ok with elvis costello as well. i would like to see him at coachella.

AEversW
02-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Bonnaroo's scheduling is awful! I'd never go to Bonnaroo. Who would want to rot in a dirty wet farm in the middle of Tennessee with a bunch of high smelly hippies.

shotglass75
02-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Went to both last year. Both are very different. Alot more f*cked up people at Bonnaroo doing some really hard drugs. Heroine, Crack, Special K, Meth. Mostly Coachella people are smoking a J or taking E. I am sure there are alot more drugs going around its just not so open. The layout is different. Coachella feels like a music festival was supposed to be put on at the polo grounds. It's a perfect setting. Bonnaroo seems like they found some open land around some trees and put up some stages. Bonnaroo is a 3 day event, but you can't buy individual day passes. You have to buy the 3 day pass. And once you are in, you really can't leave and come back. You do get to walk around with beer and go to the stages whhich is nice but it also makes for a whole uglier crowd when evryone is wasted in the sun. I am not as into the Jam Band thing but I do like it but there came a point on the first day where I was dying to hear a power chord. My Morning Jacket finally delivered that shot in the ass and if they are going to do another 3 hour set, it'll probably get me to go just for that. All in all, I had a blast at Bonnaroo but it was way different than Coachella.

hangthedj112
02-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Bonnaroo's scheduling is awful! I'd never go to Bonnaroo. Who would want to rot in a dirty wet farm in the middle of Tennessee with a bunch of high smelly hippies.

I would just to see Radiohead play a set like they did!

CiderMouseRules
02-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Elvis Costello would f---ing rock. One of the greatest living singer/songwriters, if you ask me.

Mellow J
02-12-2007, 11:14 AM
This is a load of rubbish, how can you not compare the two?

Bonnaroo carrys on all night, sets start at 11AM and end at about 4AM, some times 7AM with sacha last year. The Campsite never closes so you can come and go as you like, your aloud alcahol in the camp site, water in the venue, the main stage area is big enough to get either a good view and sound from way back or get close enough to see what you want without any meat headed Rage or tool fans getting all moshy and mental.

Also the line up, other than rage and tool from the past two years its been pretty much the same bag, sure you get more bands like phil and the dead or widespread headlining but any of Petty, radiohead or DMB could or have played coachella!

The undercard, who would say no to Primus, Ben Harper, Tom Waits, Rilo Kiley, Jack Johnson or matisyahu at Coachella?

OK its few of more wookies and molly but that just adds a delightly tye dyed colour to proceedings, Wooks and Bisco fans are funny to watch off their tits at 3AM wondering down Shakedown Street looking for Mescalin!

Also there is lots of Laughing gas, which is never a bad thing!

Chill out, yeah?

Peace and Fucking. Believe.

AEversW
02-12-2007, 11:16 AM

yeah but i got lucky and saw radiohead in LA last June. Twas amazing!

grungysabbathemohater
02-12-2007, 11:18 AM
agreed. You get to see headliners play longer sets at Bonnaroo. Last year's Bonnaroo was worth going to not only to see Radiohead play 2 hours, but also to see My Morning Jacket play 3 hours. Did anyone see them play Coachella last year? It was an amazing set, but unfortunately way too short.

captain radero
02-12-2007, 11:22 AM
i personally dont really want to watch ANY band for 3+ hours. then again thats just me but i cannot think of any band i would want to sit though for that long. im ok with 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours.

grungysabbathemohater
02-12-2007, 11:23 AM
This is a load of rubbish, how can you not compare the two?

Bonnaroo carrys on all night, sets start at 11AM and end at about 4AM, some times 7AM with sacha last year. The Campsite never closes so you can come and go as you like, your aloud alcahol in the camp site, water in the venue, the main stage area is big enough to get either a good view and sound from way back or get close enough to see what you want without any meat headed Rage or tool fans getting all moshy and mental.

Also the line up, other than rage and tool from the past two years its been pretty much the same bag, sure you get more bands like phil and the dead or widespread headlining but any of Petty, radiohead or DMB could or have played coachella!

The undercard, who would say no to Primus, Ben Harper, Tom Waits, Rilo Kiley, Jack Johnson or matisyahu at Coachella?

OK its few of more wookies and molly but that just adds a delightly tye dyed colour to proceedings, Wooks and Bisco fans are funny to watch off their tits at 3AM wondering down Shakedown Street looking for Mescalin!

Also there is lots of Laughing gas, which is never a bad thing!

Chill out, yeah?

Peace and Fucking. Believe.
Agreed again. The vibe of Bonnaroo is more friendly then Coachella. No indie scenesters from Silverlake to deal with at Bonnaroo. Hippies may be dirty, but at least they aren't pretentious.

brassneck
02-12-2007, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=Mellow J;49009]

[QUOTE]

Wookies, Bisco fans, molly... is that what you call the jam band crowd in England? I'm learning something. I usually refer to the Phish crowd as earth muffins and granola bars.

captain radero
02-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Earth muffins - that is amazing....I think im going to have to steal that expression.

fac429
02-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Actually, my ex-girlfriend befriended a group of self-proclaimed hippies that seemed quite pretentious. But the Silverlake crowd would certainly win a Most Pretentious contest with the hippies.

shoegazer76
02-12-2007, 11:32 AM
I've been to Coachella the past 2 years & Bonnaroo the past 3. In my opnion it is the overall atmosphere of the event that makes it a festival. Coachella is an over crowded mess with asshole staff,security, undercover narcs, assholes from L.A. & bad over priced food. This years lineup is a miss mash of Coachellas gone by. No orginality in this years lineup at all. If your going to Coachella and you like to party you'd better bring party favors with you. People are stingy & untrusting out there probly due to all the undercovers. I saw many people being busted in the campground for selling pot. I was lucky to have brought some hash with me in 05 otherwise it would have been a weekend of sobirety. Bonnaroo is a buyers market usually. People are way more friendly at the Roo. The only cool people I've met at Coachella weren't from the U.S.
Bonnaroo is the best festival out there. Yeah you need to be prepared to have a good time take plenty of water food & most importantly water repelent shoes like crocs in case the Tennesee sky lets loose. Ponchos & tarps are great to have too & will insure a happy weekend. The rain brings out the naked peeps too. Sometimes plenty of T & A to check out. The atmosphere at Bonnaroo can't be compared with Coachella! Bonnaroo has many shakedowns where renegade vendors sell unique glassware, collectibles, fossils & artwork. Coachella doesn't. Bonnaroo has had many underground acts that aren't jam bands throughout the years grant it they weren't headliners but they still booked an array of different musical genres to expose people to different kinds of music from bluegrass, jam, indie, classic, country, you name it. Everyone is so quick to point out that Bonnaroo copies from Coachella because of last year with Radiohead. May I remind you that Coachella is 3 days this year & Willie Nelson is performing. Also at Coachella I don't wanna have to be told where I have to camp at especially having paid $40 just to camp. Camping is included with the ticket for Bonnaroo. You need to be prepared for Bonnaroo. Bonnaroo seems to have an overall concern for everyone there. They encourage you to bring sealed bottles of water into the show. They could care less if you pass out at Coachella. Bonaroo is a festival. Coachella has alot to improve upon & to add before I consider it a festival instead of just 3 days of music.

vinylmartyr
02-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Dude why dont you just stay home and do drugs. Cause thats all you seem to care about.

hangthedj112
02-12-2007, 11:53 AM
You know you can sit in the comfort of your own home and do all the drugs you want for way less!

grungysabbathemohater
02-12-2007, 11:56 AM
I've been to Coachella the past 2 years & Bonnaroo the past 3. In my opnion it is the overall atmosphere of the event that makes it a festival. Coachella is an over crowded mess with asshole staff,security, undercover narcs, assholes from L.A. & bad over priced food. This years lineup is a miss mash of Coachellas gone by. No orginality in this years lineup at all. If your going to Coachella and you like to party you'd better bring party favors with you. People are stingy & untrusting out there probly due to all the undercovers. I saw many people being busted in the campground for selling pot. I was lucky to have brought some hash with me in 05 otherwise it would have been a weekend of sobirety. Bonnaroo is a buyers market usually. People are way more friendly at the Roo. The only cool people I've met at Coachella weren't from the U.S.
Bonnaroo is the best festival out there. Yeah you need to be prepared to have a good time take plenty of water food & most importantly water repelent shoes like crocs in case the Tennesee sky lets loose. Ponchos & tarps are great to have too & will insure a happy weekend. The rain brings out the naked peeps too. Sometimes plenty of T & A to check out. The atmosphere at Bonnaroo can't be compared with Coachella! Bonnaroo has many shakedowns where renegade vendors sell unique glassware, collectibles, fossils & artwork. Coachella doesn't. Bonnaroo has had many underground acts that aren't jam bands throughout the years grant it they weren't headliners but they still booked an array of different musical genres to expose people to different kinds of music from bluegrass, jam, indie, classic, country, you name it. Everyone is so quick to point out that Bonnaroo copies from Coachella because of last year with Radiohead. May I remind you that Coachella is 3 days this year & Willie Nelson is performing. Also at Coachella I don't wanna have to be told where I have to camp at especially having paid $40 just to camp. Camping is included with the ticket for Bonnaroo. You need to be prepared for Bonnaroo. Bonnaroo seems to have an overall concern for everyone there. They encourage you to bring sealed bottles of water into the show. They could care less if you pass out at Coachella. Bonaroo is a festival. Coachella has alot to improve upon & to add before I consider it a festival instead of just 3 days of music.

I totally back up everything this person said. Its all true. There is simply more compassion and caring at Bonnaroo, amongst the festival goers and from the promoters (allowing food, water, etc.).

vinylmartyr
02-12-2007, 12:00 PM
assholes from L.A

YOU CAN EAT HOT DEATH. Way to generalize. You sound real openminded

shoegazer76
02-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Dude why dont you just stay home and do drugs. Cause thats all you seem to care about.

Drugs are a part of Rock N Roll get over it!
I don't encourage drug use to anyone!
I smoke reefer & thats not as bad of a drug as alcohol!

vinylmartyr
02-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Ya know what I bet Bonnaroo is a real blast but your really do it a disservice by spouting this B.S.

amyzzz
02-12-2007, 12:03 PM
I met a lot of nice people at Coachella--granted, they were probably the ones who were doing drugs.

vinylmartyr
02-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Drugs are a part of Rock N Roll get over it!

Fool you don't even know me.

shoegazer76
02-12-2007, 12:04 PM
YOU CAN EAT HOT DEATH. Way to generalize. You sound real openminded

I've never met a nice person from L.A. or one that cared to have conversation with anyone that wasn't from there. Can I have some A-1 to pour on that Hot Death!

fober
02-12-2007, 12:05 PM
I've never met a nice person from L.A. that cared to have conversation with anyone that wasn't from there.

That's probably because you lack the awesome.

vinylmartyr
02-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Ya all the people on this board from L.A. that you talk to are scumbags.

CiderMouseRules
02-12-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm sorry, but at the last two Coachellas I never dealt with anything other than swell folks. From security to vendors to attendees, everyone was chill.

summerkid
02-12-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm sorry, but at the last two Coachellas I never dealt with anything other than swell folks. From security to vendors to attendees, everyone was chill.

Agreed, everyone was very friendly and I even made friends with one of the security guards at the mainstage. Cool guy, marine. Funny thing actually he was originally from Atlanta and he was telling me how nice and friendly everyone in socal was even to the point where he said he never wanted to go back to Atlanta again and planned on moving here.

Tylerdurden31
02-12-2007, 12:14 PM
you think you can't find nice people in LA...you should come to manhattan ;)

captain radero
02-12-2007, 12:15 PM
sounds like a typical case of Hollywood vs. Hippie Lettuce....Ive never had a bad time at coachella and have never really had bad conversations with anyone there Hollywood or not.

vinylmartyr
02-12-2007, 12:23 PM
I bet there are no cops at Bonnaroo right? Like the Manchester police don't sit near the venue and pull people over and bust them for drugs. I am from South Carolina originally and every time the Dead played Charlotte or Atlanta the cops would cruise the interstates profiling vehicles. People get busted at Bonnaroo for drugs just like every other fest in the world. So basically your saying I can slam dope right in front of security at Bonnaroo and they would be like "thats cool". In case you did not know it these "Neo Hippies" are just as pretentious as people claim the Silverlake scene is. I used to hangout with people who toured with the Grateful Dead and they were just as big of dicks as you claim people from LA are. Don't get me started on Phish fans. The point is both fest are awesome. I just don't get the hate.

shoegazer76
02-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Fool you don't even know me.

No & I don't think I want to. My comparison between the two events very breifly describes the drug market for both events for those that are curious. I'm not suggesting that one of the festivals is better than the other because of the amount of drugs there. Its true that many people go to these events just to do drugs which I do not. I don't need drugs to enjoy music. Recreational drug use is dangerous & deadly beyond the realm of pot especially when different drugs are done together. I think sobirety is the best way to go for anyone especially if its your first time to any of these festivals. I've been to many festivals, shows & raves sober & I had just of good as a time. So carry on with your badass staight edge self.

shoegazer76
02-12-2007, 12:26 PM
That's probably because you lack the awesome.

Must be!

vinylmartyr
02-12-2007, 12:27 PM
You are fucking clueless.

vinylmartyr
02-12-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm so fucking straight edge.

shoegazer76
02-12-2007, 12:39 PM
I bet there are no cops at Bonnaroo right? Like the Manchester police don't sit near the venue and pull people over and bust them for drugs. I am from South Carolina originally and every time the Dead played Charlotte or Atlanta the cops would cruise the interstates profiling vehicles. People get busted at Bonnaroo for drugs just like every other fest in the world. So basically your saying I can slam dope right in front of security at Bonnaroo and they would be like "thats cool". In case you did not know it these "Neo Hippies" are just as pretentious as people claim the Silverlake scene is. I used to hangout with people who toured with the Grateful Dead and they were just as big of dicks as you claim people from LA are. Don't get me started on Phish fans. The point is both fest are awesome. I just don't get the hate.

I completely agree with you on this. Some Dead Heads & Phish peeps are complete assholes even more so than peeps from L.A. There drug infested scenes ultimately brought trouble & lead to there demise. That's why I suggested people bring there own shit if they need to so they don't have to support the rampant drug dealing that over takes some of these festivals & shows. Manchester Police do crackdown on people and make plenty of drug related arrests. The mounted police take every opportunity to stop with drug dealing. I'm not suggesting Bonnaroo is Amsterdam people need to understand that drugs are illegal even at Bonnaroo.As far as undercovers busting people for selling or buyin pot at Bonnaroo it won't happen. I think its real petty that they were at Coachella. Heroin & pharmeceuitcals kill, Cocaine is stupid, and meth rots out yr teeth. It's the occassional doobie & mushroom for me.

KungFuJoe
02-12-2007, 01:59 PM
I haven't been to Bonnaroo, but would certainly dig longer set times and a later curfew at Coachella. Also, being able to go in and out of the campgrounds during the festival would be a nice convenience. Being encouraged to bring your own water is also very nice. If Coachella implemented these rules, I'd be happy. However that doesn't stop me from going and thinking it's the best festival in the country.

ghettojournalist
02-12-2007, 02:03 PM
on the second day of 2005, security shocked the hell out of me when they allowed us to go to the campsite and bring back bottles of water. i only had to buy that day, so i was a happy boy.

vinylmartyr
02-12-2007, 02:04 PM
And this was at Coachella not Bonnaroo?

SometimesNJ
02-12-2007, 02:05 PM
i think the scheduling is much better at bonnaroo..except for the fact that no one plays during the headliners. but the sets are much longer and there are less conflicts than coachella.

but i do prefer coachella over roo.

SometimesNJ
02-12-2007, 02:06 PM
and the late night sets are amazing at roo. last year's morning jacket set from midnight to 3 am was epic.

coachella ends at midnight?! thats no fun.

fober
02-12-2007, 02:07 PM
You know why I prefer Coachella?

Because I don't have to go to Tennessee.

brycerosen
02-12-2007, 02:08 PM
nothing can be better than coachella

ghettojournalist
02-12-2007, 02:08 PM
same with me fober.
personal dislike.

and yeah it was at coachella.

miseducation
02-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Never been to bonnaroo - but Coachella's a pretty magical land of awesome with beautiful friendly people.

As a matter of fact, the only time I've ever had an asshole alert moment was Madonna's ridiculous sardine can of a crowd last year. And those were from people who don't usually go to Coachella.

I think it's just targeted at different people, there's a lot of stuff to like at both for music fans and drug users of all kinds.

Coachella's much better electronic line-up makes it ten times as E friendly - whereas the whole 24-hour vibe probably works out better for the kids who can't stop tripping.

Hell, Daft Punk was probably the single best time to take E ever. I saw people cry tears of joy.

Conclusion: It depends on what websites you read, where you were born and what drugs you do. When I see the lineup announced ever year, I get butterflies from all the awesome people I never thought I'd get a chance to see - this year is no different.

I look at Bonnaroo and acknowledge a few bands but never enough to get me to travel to the much closer fest (I'm from Miami.) I'm sure there's a hippie in Seattle thinking the exact opposite and that OK.

P.S. - The Tool fans were actually quite nice. A little out of place but really peaceful for the most part.

SometimesNJ
02-12-2007, 02:27 PM
i agree with you guys completely. i definitely prefer coachella.

i just think coachella's scheduling is too similar to something like warped tour; too many bands have half hour sets.

Mabdul Doobakus
02-12-2007, 03:08 PM
I go to festivals for the music, not for the compassion and caring...and I prefer Coachella's brand of eclecticism (is that a word?) to Bonnaroo's. But I could see why people might disagree with me on either of those issues. I'm also not much into drugs. And I actually prefer the shorter sets because I don't really want to watch a band try to stretch its material to fill a longer time slot. Coachella and I are a good fit.

Also, miseducation, I'm from Miami too. Let's be friends.

captain radero
02-12-2007, 03:29 PM
i agree. im not really into the drug thing myself nor would i go to either festival for that reason. im into it for the music. and like i said earlier even if a band didnt have to stretch their matierial to play for three hours i really dont want to watch any band for that long. i actually do not mind the conflicts between set times at coachella it just means if a band is bad i can split to see something decent at the same time and not have to wait.

Boourns
02-12-2007, 04:08 PM
I do like the way they schedule things...shutting down the other stages and tents during the headliner, and then opening them back up for overnight shows.

No, that's shitty because then you're forced to see shit headliners like Phil Lesh and friends. At least all the Tool whiners had the option of seeing Art Brut or gay disco novelty band number 74.

roscoemule
02-12-2007, 06:19 PM
coachella>bonnarroo>acl>lolla

truly, i would take Coachella (cushy grass, palm trees, mountains, sunsets, kick-ass art installations, incredible music) over Bonnarroo (humidity, mud, mosquitos, more mud, incredible music) anytime.

boarderwoozel3
02-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Humidity and mosquitos are quite shitty...

chacamicaca
02-12-2007, 10:06 PM
No, that's shitty because then you're forced to see shit headliners like Phil Lesh and friends. At least all the Tool whiners had the option of seeing Art Brut or gay disco novelty band number 74.

You're not forced to see anything at Bonnaroo. It's obvious you've never been because if you had you'd know that there is sooooo much going on other than music during the headliners; only a dullard could find nothing else to do. There are sideshows everywhere you look, art exhibits galore, ROBOCHRIST stuff (not just in one sectioned-off area like Coachella, but strewn throughout and randomly going off all night), interactive sonic-garden musical-instrument type playgrounds, parade floats with jazz bands on them cruising the grounds, a micro-brew festival with the brewers personally giving info on the beverages, a 24 hour movie theater with a standard size theater screen, etc., etc. Afterward, bands play until 6 in the morning. I keep hearing people talk about smelly hippies, but there were all kinds of people there. There was a broader range of people at Bonnaroo than Coachella, really. Moms, dads, young folk, old folk, bed-head college hipsters, punks, freaks, dead-heads, smelly hippies...there was no ONE dominant crowd. And there wasn't a DISTURBING amount of open drug use...pot was in the air, but I saw nothing worse than the tripsters you see drugging out in the Coachella dance tent. The only difference in that regard was being able to openly take a few tokes during Radiohead's 2 1/2 hour show while sitting in the lawn chair they let me bring in (while drinking a beer in the open, not some fenced-off pen). I love Coachella by the way, but Bonnaroo was much more relaxed.

captain radero
02-13-2007, 06:56 AM
coachella>bonnarroo>acl>lolla

truly, i would take Coachella (cushy grass, palm trees, mountains, sunsets, kick-ass art installations, incredible music) over Bonnarroo (humidity, mud, mosquitos, more mud, incredible music) anytime.

im with ya...

KrissyGirl1680
02-13-2007, 07:24 AM
I think everyone should put their preferences aside and admit, at the end of the day, that both festivals kick some major ass. I have love for both.

grungysabbathemohater
02-13-2007, 01:58 PM
I think everyone should put their preferences aside and admit, at the end of the day, that both festivals kick some major ass. I have love for both.

agreed. they are pretty equal this year.

summerkid
02-13-2007, 02:02 PM
You're not forced to see anything at Bonnaroo. ,

right. you can take a nap during the headliner and watch whoevers playing at 3 am

fac429
02-13-2007, 02:15 PM
parade floats with jazz bands on them cruising the grounds...

Bonnaroo certainly seems efficient... this would allow me to hate two things at the same...

captain radero
02-13-2007, 04:53 PM
seems like a "best of coachella" line up. (speaking of course of the supposed line up that everyone is making a big deal about)

instinct
02-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Alot more f*cked up people at Bonnaroo doing some really hard drugs. Heroine, Crack, Special K, Meth.

I wouldn't really out Ketamine in the same group as Heroin, Crack and Meth.

bohrdoms
02-13-2007, 05:05 PM
I came very close to going to the first boner but my friends "ditched me" (it was my idea damnit). anyway - the camping at bonaroo is far superior. unless i'm wrong , you can easily go back and forth from tent to stage to tent. it's a much more laid back vibe where you can break in the middle of the day for some grilling. I camped the first night of my first coachella only to wake in a puddle of sweat and crash in my friends hotel for the rest of the weekend.

so respect to bonnaroo and the friendly hippies. And TONS of respect to anyone that camps at coachella, don't know how you do it.

i prefer bands that make me feel cool over weird pills that do so, so i'd go with coachella any year (i also think the ladies are a lot less hairy at coachella).

ps. i'm probably wrong but i think bonnaroo attendees spend a lot less time dissing half the bands and their fans in attendance... their more concerned with judging you on your nug.
pps. I would piss meself if they could get MMW at a coachella.

Natelevmofuggaz
02-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Tool and The Police are definately tempting though.

CiderMouseRules
02-13-2007, 07:04 PM
You know, I kind of like the strict Coachella camping rules. I get enough sleep to enjoy the whole fest.

beerbyatch
02-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Been to Coach 3x and Broo 1x so far (yes it wa Radiohead that got me to Tennessee in the summer just as it was them and Pixies to get me to Coach 1st time)...

I will go to both as long as I have the vaca/$/frequent flier miles to do so. Different scenes to be sure, but fun in their own ways and different weather/crowd/camping situations. Camped first year of Coach and it SUCKED-though I'm sure it is better (ie more showers) now! VIP camping at Broo with all the ins/outs that entails just rules!

Coach I think of as keeping me on the 'what's up and coming' list in general, and Bro, more as the folks I'd want to see but easier all at once sorta deal.

People watchiing (a HUGE draw) is different but still fun for both fests. One more pierced, one more tye-died and certainly Broo has better beer (broowers festival)!!!

shotglass75
02-13-2007, 08:10 PM
nothing can be better than coachella

go to bonnaroo and find out

captain radero
02-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Tool and The Police are definately tempting though.

SEEN TOOL AT COACHELLA LAST YEAR AND I WASNT IMPRESSED WITH THE POLICE PERFORMANCE AT THE GRAMMYS. WILCO AND CLUTCH WOULD BE MORE OF A REASON TO GO.

fatbastard
02-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Went to both last year. Both are very different. Alot more f*cked up people at Bonnaroo doing some really hard drugs. Heroine, Crack, Special K, Meth. Mostly Coachella people are smoking a J or taking E. I am sure there are alot more drugs going around its just not so open. The layout is different. Coachella feels like a music festival was supposed to be put on at the polo grounds. It's a perfect setting. Bonnaroo seems like they found some open land around some trees and put up some stages. Bonnaroo is a 3 day event, but you can't buy individual day passes. You have to buy the 3 day pass. And once you are in, you really can't leave and come back. You do get to walk around with beer and go to the stages whhich is nice but it also makes for a whole uglier crowd when evryone is wasted in the sun. I am not as into the Jam Band thing but I do like it but there came a point on the first day where I was dying to hear a power chord. My Morning Jacket finally delivered that shot in the ass and if they are going to do another 3 hour set, it'll probably get me to go just for that. All in all, I had a blast at Bonnaroo but it was way different than Coachella.

This seems like honest commentary on both events. I'm walking away feeling more informed. Two different events that offer something specific to their region.

SometimesNJ
02-14-2007, 10:38 AM
I came very close to going to the first boner but my friends "ditched me" (it was my idea damnit). anyway - the camping at bonaroo is far superior. unless i'm wrong , you can easily go back and forth from tent to stage to tent. it's a much more laid back vibe where you can break in the middle of the day for some grilling. I camped the first night of my first coachella only to wake in a puddle of sweat and crash in my friends hotel for the rest of the weekend.

so respect to bonnaroo and the friendly hippies. And TONS of respect to anyone that camps at coachella, don't know how you do it.

i prefer bands that make me feel cool over weird pills that do so, so i'd go with coachella any year (i also think the ladies are a lot less hairy at coachella).

ps. i'm probably wrong but i think bonnaroo attendees spend a lot less time dissing half the bands and their fans in attendance... their more concerned with judging you on your nug.
pps. I would piss meself if they could get MMW at a coachella.

i totally agree with your post script...much more friendly at bonnaroo

SFChrissy
02-14-2007, 10:51 AM
I think I would pass out from the intense stench of pachouli oil...yuk

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-14-2007, 11:39 AM
even though I have never been to Bonnaroo..If this is true I don't see anything wrong with that..I have been to a few festivals in my time (this being my 7th Coachella) and the best thing about them is being different from each other..otherwise what is the fun? Yes, from what I understand Bonnaroo is more "hippie" and coachella is more "hipster with a treo" but hey variety is the spice of life!

usafhockey
02-14-2007, 12:17 PM

hahahhaha!!! When I went in '04, we were exhausted from driving all night (sober) and almost hit a cop car that was at the mouth of the venue. The cop came over to yell at us and when we apologized, he rolled his eyes and told us to "go smoke your drugs" and waved us in. I'm just sayin.....
I know you are gonna flame me for this and say that I'm a dirty hippie, or some other childish name, but the fact is that I loved sitting down to MMJ or Damien Rice and getting smoked out by complete strangers AND returning the favor. Our neighbors fed us great food (since it was our first year and we were WAY unprepared) and we built a caring minicommunity for the 4 days we were there. Everyone I know that has gone to the 'Roo feels the same way.
I was planning on going to Coachella until the Bonnaroo lineup was announced yesterday. It's closer, more affordable, and a guaranteed good time. It seems that you spend most of your time (as I have perused this site for the last 3 weeks) dogging everyone who has a different opinion than you and praying tickets will sell out, so that you can rub it in people's faces. If you are the kind of person that represents Coachella, I choose the dirty hippies. Their hearts are cleaner without the hate.

horse the show
02-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Let me start by saying that Coachella is the greatest weekend event that the year has to offer. It's somewhat akin to the feeling you got going to Disneyland for the first time in your life, but unlike Disneyland, Coachella never gets old. Bonnaroo, on the other hand, is like going to get your wisdom teeth out. You are super excited for all the drugs, but the novelty of the drugs wears off quickly and you find yourself in pain suffering through three days in a shitty town in Tennesse. The only reason Bonnaroo still exists is becauase people are so fucked up, they don't realize how horrible it is. Don't get me wrong, they have amazing bands and live acts, but the location makes a festival, and Manchester, TN is no Empire Polo Field. In fact, it looks somewhat like No Man's Land, but filled with dirty hippies and grateful dead shirts. I went to both last year, and Bonnaroo is nowhere near as good as coachella. But, this is all opinion and im sure 40 people will tell me how stupid i am, but let me ask you this, Tenessee or California? You decide.

captain radero
02-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Let me start by saying that Coachella is the greatest weekend event that the year has to offer. It's somewhat akin to the feeling you got going to Disneyland for the first time in your life, but unlike Disneyland, Coachella never gets old. Bonnaroo, on the other hand, is like going to get your wisdom teeth out. You are super excited for all the drugs, but the novelty of the drugs wears off quickly and you find yourself in pain suffering through three days in a shitty town in Tennesse. The only reason Bonnaroo still exists is becauase people are so fucked up, they don't realize how horrible it is. Don't get me wrong, they have amazing bands and live acts, but the location makes a festival, and Manchester, TN is no Empire Polo Field. In fact, it looks somewhat like No Man's Land, but filled with dirty hippies and grateful dead shirts. I went to both last year, and Bonnaroo is nowhere near as good as coachella. But, this is all opinion and im sure 40 people will tell me how stupid i am, but let me ask you this, Tenessee or California? You decide.

i agree whole heartedly.

crazzz2007
02-14-2007, 03:56 PM
i agree whole heartedly.

have you been to Bonnaroo? if not, shut the fuck up.

woogie846
02-14-2007, 04:07 PM
I've never met a nice person from L.A. or one that cared to have conversation with anyone that wasn't from there. Can I have some A-1 to pour on that Hot Death!

I believe the term you're looking for is '?'

grungysabbathemohater
02-14-2007, 05:06 PM
I agree with you that Coachella has a beautiful setting (the Polo Grounds); probably the best of any outdoor concert I have ever been to.
But as far as the whole Tennessee vs. California thing in your last line:
western and middle TN are alright, but obviously not as nice as California. However, Eastern TN is the shit! The Appalachian Mtns. in east TN are equally beautiful to California imo. If anything, I would say its alot more beautiful in eastern TN then in the blah desert surrounding Coachella (although Joshua Tree National Park is nice). Its a shame they don't have Bonnaroo in the beautiful (and cooler climate of the) mountains of east TN.

SometimesNJ
02-14-2007, 05:30 PM
have you been to Bonnaroo? if not, shut the fuck up.

only people that have attended both festivals can comment

crazzz2007
02-14-2007, 06:27 PM

that's exactly my point. i've never been to bonnaroo. have been to coachella multiple times.

captain radero
02-14-2007, 06:36 PM

nope have not been to Bonnaroo (dont really care too). i have on the other hand been to every coachella. im not into the whole hippy fest. The bands this year are all coachella left overs (with the exception of the Police and the jam bands). im not down with other mens women and im certainly not down with another festivals left overs.

NeverMyopic
02-14-2007, 07:08 PM

No vinyl there are no cop (not a mispelling), he's watching that drunk guy Otis in the jail cell again.

By the way haters, I now live in Lexington, KY. Really don't like it, very much miss SoCal; and have to admit the people are nice. But NOTHING compares to L.A., it fu**ing rocks, and I love Silver Lake. A lot of cool people, including one of my best friends. You just have to have an open mind and search the right people out. There's assholes everywhere.

NAcademy93
02-14-2007, 09:52 PM
"I am not as into the Jam Band thing but I do like it but there came a point on the first day where I was dying to hear a power chord"

Then why would you go? duh

chacamicaca
02-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Let me start by saying that Coachella is the greatest weekend event that the year has to offer. It's somewhat akin to the feeling you got going to Disneyland for the first time in your life, but unlike Disneyland, Coachella never gets old. Bonnaroo, on the other hand, is like going to get your wisdom teeth out. You are super excited for all the drugs, but the novelty of the drugs wears off quickly and you find yourself in pain suffering through three days in a shitty town in Tennesse. The only reason Bonnaroo still exists is becauase people are so fucked up, they don't realize how horrible it is. Don't get me wrong, they have amazing bands and live acts, but the location makes a festival, and Manchester, TN is no Empire Polo Field. In fact, it looks somewhat like No Man's Land, but filled with dirty hippies and grateful dead shirts.

This, to me, is totally bizarre. Like having your wisdom teeth pulled? Please. As I stated in my previous post, I've been to both fests, and here are the differences: You are right in that Coachella has an almost Disneyland like quality in it's atmosphere, but it is also like Disneyland in it's need to control the minutiae of it's guests' actions. I get the feeling that the crowd isn't really trusted by security (probably no fault of Goldenvoice), as I saw people's bags being searched near the soundboard of the main stage last year (I swear it seemed random) yet nothing was found. Cops were rudely, and I mean RUDELY, traipsing through the crowd during the day near the outdoor stage, not just once or twice, but every 30 min., all day. It wasn't only annoying, it was offensive. Probably doesn't sound like much, but it was noticeable enough that the crowd around me kept saying WTF!? I had nothing to hide, either. Also, there is no in&out with the camping, AND you can't bring alcohol to camp. Don't get me wrong, though, Coachella has advantages over Bonnaroo: Coachella is more intense musically because of the contrast of its bands (Bauhaus to Coldplay to Fantomas in one night) and the ratio of female to male acts is more even than any festival ever gets. Somehow the music flows perfectly from beginning to end, building in intensity to the explosion of the (usually) hard edged day-two Headliner, as if you've been living inside an awesome mixtape for two days. Coachella has the intensity over Bonnaroo. Now, Bonnaroo has many advantages over Coachella, not the least being the MAJOR amount of trust toward its guests. And, the smelly hippie thing I keep hearing is sooooo off mark. Most of the people there are with the 21st century, and while there are some hippie/gypsy weirdos abound, it is not the majority of the audience. Actually, there is more diversity of crowd than at Coachella. The grounds at Bonnaroo are awesome because it is hilly and each tent-stage is at the bottom of a slope. You can see perfectly from the back. It's much larger and the stages are further apart so there is no sound bleed. And, it is so magical between midnight and six a.m. (the MMJ set was the rock band version of the Daft Punk set). Not to mention, seeing each band is like watching the arena tour version of their show as they get to play as long as they like. I love both fests, but Bonnaroo beats Coachella since I feel very strongly about being treated with trust when I spend all year working to save the money to do a thing like this. Good night.

summerkid
02-14-2007, 10:46 PM
I love both fests, but Bonnaroo beats Coachella since I feel very strongly about being treated with trust when I spend all year working to save the money to do a thing like this. Good night.

I would think that the Police (not the band) have to do with the agreement with the surrounding area/polo fields to hold a festival on their property. I dont think Goldenvoice is going hmmm I really dont trust our fanbase so let's sick the cops on their asses

chacamicaca
02-14-2007, 11:41 PM
I get the feeling that the crowd isn't really trusted by security (probably no fault of Goldenvoice)...

I am the face.

chacamicaca
02-14-2007, 11:47 PM
In other words, summerkid, I already said that in my blurb.

usafhockey
02-15-2007, 04:04 AM
nope have not been to Bonnaroo (dont really care too). i have on the other hand been to every coachella. im not into the whole hippy fest. The bands this year are all coachella left overs (with the exception of the Police and the jam bands). im not down with other mens women and im certainly not down with another festivals left overs.

you do realize that both festivals start booking at the same time right? and a lot of this rumored lineup has been speculated for quite some time. this comment is insinuating that bonnaroo staffers waited until the coachella lineup and then called half of their bands and begged them to book so they could be 'as cool as' Coachella. that is ridiculous. maybe the reason that both festivals have such great lineups is simply bc they are both great festivals.

vinylmartyr
02-15-2007, 04:16 AM
If you are the kind of person that represents Coachella, I choose the dirty hippies. Their hearts are cleaner without the hate.

I hope you get lice.

usafhockey
02-15-2007, 05:37 AM
I hope you get lice.

thank you for reinforcing my opinion of you. have a great day. :lips

vinylmartyr
02-15-2007, 05:40 AM
tev

Trailmix
02-15-2007, 08:09 AM
While Bonnaroo has changed their format to have less jam bands there are other reasons why I prefer to attend Coachella over Bonnaroo. #1 weather, sunny California vs. muddy wet Tennesse. #2 I hate hippies. #3 I like to stay in hotels and not camp which is not really an option at Bonnaroo. #4 way more dance music at Coachella. #5 The history of great reunions at Coachella. I have never been to Bonnaroo but I must say that in my opinion Coachella is very well organized. I have also found most of the peole who attend Coachella to be very friendly.

dylanfan
02-15-2007, 08:27 AM
I have tickets to both

shoegazer76
02-15-2007, 09:06 AM
While Bonnaroo has changed their format to have less jam bands there are other reasons why I prefer to attend Coachella over Bonnaroo. #1 weather, sunny California vs. muddy wet Tennesse. #2 I hate hippies. #3 I like to stay in hotels and not camp which is not really an option at Bonnaroo. #4 way more dance music at Coachella. #5 The history of great reunions at Coachella. I have never been to Bonnaroo but I must say that in my opinion Coachella is very well organized. I have also found most of the peole who attend Coachella to be very friendly.

If you've never been how then can you make honest statements like this. There is plenty of electronic music at Bonnaroo. Grant it not as much as Coachella but there is. Anyone who digs the oldschool arcade tent can dig out on D.J.'s all weekend long. Tennessee is not always a muddy rainy mess 04 was a swelter. When it rains it the sun comes right out afterwards and dries everything out within a couple hours. Yes the humidity sucks but at least you have the option to get drinks from yr cooler or someone on shakedown rather than paying insane prices inside. Coachella is too organized whoever insures the event has Goldenvoice on lockdown! You can get hotels at Bonnaroo as well but its just not as fun as camping there and being close with all the excitement. Your not jammed packed like a bunch of sardines while camping at Bonnaroo either which makes camping much more tolerable & enjoyable. Yes Coahcella is in Sunny California but Tennesee is very rich in music history being a hub for all kinds of music & were many major tours love to stop through. The mis understanding that this is a hippie event is so absurd. Last year there was a definate lack of hippies compared to years before. If your gonna judge without having gone there before then have at it. Your statements are based on pure ignorance though.

Matty22Fatty
02-15-2007, 09:21 AM
This, to me, is totally bizarre. Like having your wisdom teeth pulled? Please. As I stated in my previous post, I've been to both fests, and here are the differences: You are right in that Coachella has an almost Disneyland like quality in it's atmosphere, but it is also like Disneyland in it's need to control the minutiae of it's guests' actions. I get the feeling that the crowd isn't really trusted by security (probably no fault of Goldenvoice), as I saw people's bags being searched near the soundboard of the main stage last year (I swear it seemed random) yet nothing was found. Cops were rudely, and I mean RUDELY, traipsing through the crowd during the day near the outdoor stage, not just once or twice, but every 30 min., all day. It wasn't only annoying, it was offensive. Probably doesn't sound like much, but it was noticeable enough that the crowd around me kept saying WTF!? I had nothing to hide, either. Also, there is no in&out with the camping, AND you can't bring alcohol to camp. Don't get me wrong, though, Coachella has advantages over Bonnaroo: Coachella is more intense musically because of the contrast of its bands (Bauhaus to Coldplay to Fantomas in one night) and the ratio of female to male acts is more even than any festival ever gets. Somehow the music flows perfectly from beginning to end, building in intensity to the explosion of the (usually) hard edged day-two Headliner, as if you've been living inside an awesome mixtape for two days. Coachella has the intensity over Bonnaroo. Now, Bonnaroo has many advantages over Coachella, not the least being the MAJOR amount of trust toward its guests. And, the smelly hippie thing I keep hearing is sooooo off mark. Most of the people there are with the 21st century, and while there are some hippie/gypsy weirdos abound, it is not the majority of the audience. Actually, there is more diversity of crowd than at Coachella. The grounds at Bonnaroo are awesome because it is hilly and each tent-stage is at the bottom of a slope. You can see perfectly from the back. It's much larger and the stages are further apart so there is no sound bleed. And, it is so magical between midnight and six a.m. (the MMJ set was the rock band version of the Daft Punk set). Not to mention, seeing each band is like watching the arena tour version of their show as they get to play as long as they like. I love both fests, but Bonnaroo beats Coachella since I feel very strongly about being treated with trust when I spend all year working to save the money to do a thing like this. Good night.

Dude!!! I swear if you look at this long enough, a picture starts to appear. I think its a dragon, but I've never been very good at these things.

This is called a "new paragraph". You can start one too with a simple press of the "Enter" button on your keyboard.

shoegazer76
02-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Damn it Man now you've got me staring at this shit tryin to find the dragon! I suck at those find the object images too. Proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling is for squares anyway.

vinylmartyr
02-15-2007, 09:31 AM
I hungout with security near the V.I.P. entrance last year and had drinks right beside them. They were not drinking but we were yuking it up together. Later that night I gave one of the main stage security 3 beers and he let me on stage for Massive Attack and the band had REQUESTED that no one be onstage (no agents , no celbs, no nobody) plus he gave me a Tool all access pass. You need to learn some people skills.

vinylmartyr
02-15-2007, 09:32 AM
That was not intended for you shoegazer.

vinylmartyr
02-15-2007, 09:34 AM
http://myspace-996.vo.llnwd.net/00704/69/90/704290996_l.jpg

Heres the set list for Massive Attack I got from on stage.

shoegazer76
02-15-2007, 09:41 AM
I'd be more than happy to share whatever I had to share with whomever if they were kind people & wouldn't expect or demand anything in return. That's cool they hooked you up. Its a rareity though from what I saw and experienced there. Anyone who knows me personally know I am a generous person. What did you honestly think about the Masive attack set? I wasn't thouroughly impressed but I didn't hate it. I'm glad I witnessed them reunite which probly won't ever happen again.

vinylmartyr
02-15-2007, 09:44 AM
I liked it a lot. I also saw them at the Hollywood Bowl which I thought was a little better than the Coachella set.

shoegazer76
02-15-2007, 09:50 AM
I guess it pays to live out in Cali. Ya'll definately get some stellar shows out there.

Mellow J
02-15-2007, 10:57 AM

Other than Tool, which bands are you refering to as Coachella left overs?

Most of the bands have actually played before, the only new one i can see that have played coachella before bonnaroo is the white stripes?

Also why are you trying to make this a competition between the two?

In England we have about 4-5 festivals every summer and loads of bands cross over between each, and we're much smaller than you!

captain radero
02-15-2007, 12:13 PM
im not at all trying to make it a competion between the two festivals. i simply asked why everyone else was comparing the two. there are quite a few bands that have been coachella acts that are playing bonnaroo other than tool (ie. wilco, flaming lips, ben harper, spoon, wolfmother, spearhead, just to name a few). i simply stated that their last year line up didnt look near as strong as coachella's past. remember now this thread was started before the announcement of this years bonnaroo.

CurableOkie
02-15-2007, 12:35 PM
It'll be interesting going to Bonnaroo this year and seeing Tool again. Tool @ Coachella last year was fantastic, but seeing as how their set at Bonnaroo will be twice as long, I think their show at Coachella may get ranked underneath this performance.

For example, Radiohead's set list @ Bonnaroo nearly blows their Coachella set of '04 out of the water. Of course there were new songs and all, but I'm talking about the mix of classic Radiohead songs that were played.

I think when it comes down to it, I'd rather see a band I really like play longer, than two bands I really like play for a short period of time. Could you imagine if Daft Punk played for another hour? Longer set times makes those awesome performances that much better. I'll see how it goes out in Tennesee.

stills5446
02-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Ya, I havent heard of bannaroo until i read this thread. The set list doesn't look all that bad. The only thing is im from orange county, but I just checked airline prices and its only around $150 for round trip. I might have to give this festival a try.

Mellow J
02-15-2007, 02:28 PM
im not at all trying to make it a competion between the two festivals. i simply asked why everyone else was comparing the two. there are quite a few bands that have been coachella acts that are playing bonnaroo other than tool (ie. wilco, flaming lips, ben harper, spoon, wolfmother, spearhead, just to name a few). i simply stated that their last year line up didnt look near as strong as coachella's past. remember now this thread was started before the announcement of this years bonnaroo.

Wilco, Ben Harper and spearhead have all played bonnaroo at least once sometimes twice before since the first year.

Bonnaroo is about something different to coachella, they are going for different crowds.

fatbastard
02-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Other than the hostility, this is a great thread.

crazzz2007
02-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Could you imagine if Daft Punk played for another hour? Longer set times makes those awesome performances that much better. I'll see how it goes out in Tennesee.

i'm not sure daft punk could have maintained that same level of awesomeness for another hour. they gave it everything they had, pulled out all the stops.

captain radero
02-15-2007, 06:14 PM
i agree. i think daft punk exhausted all of there "awsome" in that set. that was an amazing experience. my best friend who is not at all into dance music was blown away and to this day still talks about that set. we left daft punk exhausted it was the perfect set length.

Trailmix
02-16-2007, 12:10 PM
If you've never been how then can you make honest statements like this. There is plenty of electronic music at Bonnaroo. Grant it not as much as Coachella but there is. Anyone who digs the oldschool arcade tent can dig out on D.J.'s all weekend long. Tennessee is not always a muddy rainy mess 04 was a swelter. When it rains it the sun comes right out afterwards and dries everything out within a couple hours. Yes the humidity sucks but at least you have the option to get drinks from yr cooler or someone on shakedown rather than paying insane prices inside. Coachella is too organized whoever insures the event has Goldenvoice on lockdown! You can get hotels at Bonnaroo as well but its just not as fun as camping there and being close with all the excitement. Your not jammed packed like a bunch of sardines while camping at Bonnaroo either which makes camping much more tolerable & enjoyable. Yes Coahcella is in Sunny California but Tennesee is very rich in music history being a hub for all kinds of music & were many major tours love to stop through. The mis understanding that this is a hippie event is so absurd. Last year there was a definate lack of hippies compared to years before. If your gonna judge without having gone there before then have at it. Your statements are based on pure ignorance though.

I do have some reference point here knowing people who have gone to Bonnaro and also having seen one of the documentaries on Bonnaro which was full of jam bands in fact I believe one of the quotes from the movie was we have all kinds of jam bands, blues jam bands, bluegrass jam bands, jam jam bands etc... Despite the arguements to the contrary last year was a significant change in the types of bands to play Bonnaro and there is no way near as much dance music at Bonnaro as there is at Coachella. I am also not denying that Tennesee has a rich music history but what the hell does that have to do with attending Bonnaro?

CurableOkie
02-16-2007, 12:19 PM
i agree. i think daft punk exhausted all of there "awsome" in that set. that was an amazing experience. my best friend who is not at all into dance music was blown away and to this day still talks about that set. we left daft punk exhausted it was the perfect set length.

True. I keep forgetting that performance was perfect in every sense. Plus, why'd you quote & misspell awesome?

captain radero
02-16-2007, 04:44 PM
True. I keep forgetting that performance was perfect in every sense. Plus, why'd you quote & misspell awesome?

just to see how many awesome questions i would be asked about misspelling it and quoting the word when it did not need to be at all.

matsuolost
02-16-2007, 04:49 PM
daft punk was breathtaking amazing

captain radero
02-17-2007, 11:42 AM
yes they were...

Somewhat Damaged
02-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Getting to see Radiohead play for 2 and a half hours is great, no doubt, but at Coachella '04, I went from the Pixies to Stereolab to Radiohead to Kraftwerk over the last few hours of day 1. What festival can beat that?

gaypalmsprings
05-05-2009, 02:48 PM
boneroo