PDA

View Full Version : Worst Act?

shoopdedoop
01-31-2009, 12:19 PM
For me it's gotta be Paolo Nutini. Seriously that "Shoes" song was one of the worst "semi-hits" ever. ever.

nothingisnothing
01-31-2009, 01:30 PM
Sebastian Tellier. Seriously, what the fuck.

rage patton
01-31-2009, 01:31 PM
No one on this line up, I know thus far, is as bad as Scars on Broadway and Uffie.

ravennome
01-31-2009, 01:32 PM
mmm churros...

What do you have against Mr. Tellier, the Killers are far more meh billing than him.

Jman4321
01-31-2009, 01:33 PM
I don't think the Brian Jonestown Massacre is very good at all.

Birthdaybutts
01-31-2009, 01:39 PM

seriously?

benhur
01-31-2009, 01:46 PM
I don't think the Brian Jonestown Massacre is very good at all.

i would rather watch anton yelling fuck at the crowd than watch the killers

JoshTheBoyd
01-31-2009, 01:50 PM
james morrison, paolo nutini are both pretty whack

but scars on broadway and slightly stoopid were worse

SP The Ghost
01-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Paolo Nutini is pretty alright.

BrickTop24
01-31-2009, 03:11 PM
Conor Oberst and The Mystic Valley Band. im gonna do everything within my power to avoid them.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-31-2009, 03:56 PM
TRAV$DJ-AM

GAHH

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Conor Oberst and The Mystic Valley Band. im gonna do everything within my power to avoid them.

i smell a "i don't like them because others do" hater...

1. amy shithouse
2. the killers
3. lupe fiasco
4. deer and the headlights
5. genghis tron
6. clipse

and i really don't like the cure at all, but they're not a 'worst' band for anyone but me. they are 'talented' i just don't enjoy their music.

pandaroo
01-31-2009, 04:39 PM
TRAV$DJ-AM

GAHH

what he said

LooseAtTheZoo
01-31-2009, 04:41 PM

1. amy shithouse
2. the killers
3. lupe fiasco
5. genghis tron
6. clipse

and i really don't like the cure at all, but they're not a 'worst' band for anyone but me. they are 'talented' i just don't enjoy their music.

Dear and the Headlights are pretty good. And even if you don't like them, how can you nitpick about the band listed last for their day?

Gribbz
01-31-2009, 04:45 PM
I like The Brian Jonestown Massacre.

James
01-31-2009, 04:48 PM

1. amy shithouse
2. the killers
3. lupe fiasco
5. genghis tron
6. clipse

lol ironic post

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 04:58 PM
is it?

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 04:59 PM
gogogogogogogogogogo gadget crap

Amneeziac
01-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Dear and the Headlights are pretty good. And even if you don't like them, how can you nitpick about the band listed last for their day?

Uffie.

James
01-31-2009, 05:02 PM
is it?
if you're saying that a 5-grammy winning artist is the worst performer at coachella this year, yes it is

Rockstarboy37
01-31-2009, 05:05 PM
Can't stress this enough. The killers

and second in line is definitely: TRAV$DJ-AM

Knapptime
01-31-2009, 05:05 PM

I hated him too. Until my girlfriend made me go to the concert cause she loved Bright Eyes when she was young and stupid. It was actually a pretty damn good show.

Amneeziac
01-31-2009, 05:08 PM
I hated him too. Until my girlfriend made me go to the concert cause she loved Bright Eyes when she was young and stupid. It was actually a pretty damn good show.

Did Dashboard Confessional open?

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 05:18 PM
if you're saying that a 5-grammy winning artist is the worst performer at coachella this year, yes it is

you're the reason the industry will die, thank god. grammies go to whoever is the best for THE MONEY. winehouse gets grammys so that she can have high-production value in her albums and get lots of attention in the media because of her self-destructive habits. that's what sells albums the way the industry has to sell to survive (i.e. 300,00 or more per release). grammys mean SHIT. do me a favor and go the thread titled "youtube the lineup" and watch the live video of her. she is, without a doubt, the worst act of coachella 09 and possibly of all grammy winners. who is dumb enough to believe a grammy means anything regarding talent? jesus...

Knapptime
01-31-2009, 05:20 PM

Jenny Lewis actually. She's bloody awesome:

1H5yOfRG-RE

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 05:21 PM

hahahahaahahhaa

you're dumb. i agree. i used to hate when my gf didnt like them, but they're alright. i'm wide awake it's morning is a solid album, mike mogis is a hell of a producer and this new oberst thing would be a solid live show. he has actually gotten very good at guitar and his backing band is tight. haters one and all. dashboard? come on...

oberst is far from the worst on the lineup. only a total assumption hater would say that.

Cdubby
01-31-2009, 05:24 PM
so i never head of paolo nutini till this thread, i looked up "new shoes" and thought to myself this song is very familiar for some reason...then i remembered it was played on the muzak when i worked at the credit union for like 3 months straight in 06 or whenever. awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

nothingisnothing
01-31-2009, 05:53 PM
seriously?

I'm sorry but I just can't stand him. I think my hatred is furthered mostly because 1.) American Apparel sells his CD exclusively and 2.) GV decided to kick off Flying Lotus when someone like Sebastian is playing instead

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 05:56 PM
^ legit

C DUB YA
01-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Billy Talent.

No contest.

scaliwag
01-31-2009, 07:10 PM
Steve Aoki

Rockstarboy37
01-31-2009, 07:12 PM
i'm adding ting tings to my list. Horrible Horrible group

C DUB YA
01-31-2009, 07:14 PM

there are at least 20 acts on the bill far worse than the Ting Tings.

Rockstarboy37
01-31-2009, 07:15 PM
I don't care. I have a vendetta against them for drilling their shitty song into my brain at work every day for months on end.

thedevious
01-31-2009, 07:16 PM

Nuts crazy.

He's going to own hearts.

High on my must see list.

James
01-31-2009, 07:16 PM
you're the reason the industry will die, thank god. grammies go to whoever is the best for THE MONEY. winehouse gets grammys so that she can have high-production value in her albums and get lots of attention in the media because of her self-destructive habits. that's what sells albums the way the industry has to sell to survive (i.e. 300,00 or more per release). grammys mean SHIT. do me a favor and go the thread titled "youtube the lineup" and watch the live video of her. she is, without a doubt, the worst act of coachella 09 and possibly of all grammy winners. who is dumb enough to believe a grammy means anything regarding talent? jesus...

uhhuh...

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 07:19 PM
uhhuh...

very intelligent response. have fun at the winehouse show. douche.

C DUB YA
01-31-2009, 07:27 PM
Dear Killsunshine - you of all the douchebags, shouldn't be calling anybody douche.

Go get some musical taste.

and for the record, grammy means talent, esp. when people like Stevie Wonder, T Bone Burnett, Daniel Lanois, or even fucking Yo Yo Ma win them - fucknut. Winehouse's record was a good one, it winning the grammy was a fair choice. If you don't like her or the music, that's fine, but your sweeping statments about grammys and no talent are dumb.

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 07:31 PM
Dear Killsunshine - you of all the douchebags, shouldn't be calling anybody douche.

Bye now.

you know what you're right. you win. good job.

thedevious
01-31-2009, 07:31 PM

1. amy shithouse
2. the killers
3. lupe fiasco
5. genghis tron
6. clipse

While I disagree on some, I see nothing wrong with this list.

And a grammy don't mean a goddamn thing.

C DUB YA
01-31-2009, 07:32 PM
you know what you're right. you win. good job.

until you start spouting something intelligent - I will continue to do so... again, I urge you to get back to your Panic at the Disco records.

MeowMixer
01-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Paul McCartney.

C DUB YA
01-31-2009, 07:34 PM
I smell Troll

AAM!!!
01-31-2009, 07:35 PM
Perry!!! his set last year was so bad!

Ulcer
01-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Easy, Bob Mould. Hands down, the worst act this year.

Unless he is going to play Land Speed Record on loop for 30 minutes - there is no need to watch this rehash.

Ulcer
01-31-2009, 07:41 PM

and for the record, grammy means talent, esp. when people like Stevie Wonder, T Bone Burnett, Daniel Lanois, or even fucking Yo Yo Ma win them - fucknut. Winehouse's record was a good one, it winning the grammy was a fair choice. If you don't like her or the music, that's fine, but your sweeping statments about grammys and no talent are dumb.

cosign

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 07:44 PM

o, nice addition. good point also. you know what, you're right. i remember when throbbing gristle got a grammy. and t bone burnett, he's a legend! definetly better than howlin wolf, furry lewis and sonny boy williamson (II if you're picky, which I know you're not). how many grammys does tom waits have again? the music business is a racket, if you don't know that you're making a fool of yourself. good acts get through, but this is 2009 buddy, and there are things such as 'ghostwriting' and 'pitchcorrection' to factor into the POLITICAL process of the mainstream (i.e. eligible for a grammy) music business and if you think winehouse didnt use at least one, you're undereducated on the subject to say the least. she sucks live. her music is uninspired tripe. there are a MILLION better singers who can WRITE in america alone, and they didnt make it because they arent skinny, big breasted, eccentrics with drug/ sex/ image/ alcohol issues that get media attention. she is the worst act at coachella this year and i wont argue another word of this with someone as ignorant as you or the other person who tried to say grammys matter. musical taste varies from person to person, but if you see her you will regret it. you can LOVE that album to death, but she won't be able to deliver on stage. she will let you down, i promise.

Alex582
01-31-2009, 07:45 PM
Mastodon for sure. who thought they would be good?

hancho09
01-31-2009, 08:02 PM
I wanna know where all this killers hate came from. Nobody seems to have taken the route with them that I have: Forget their second and third albums ever happened. They were picked in '04 for a reason and they definitely belong at coachella, just not as a headliner. I'm claiming anger over their recent releases and their coachella spotting for the heavy negatives.

Aurgasm
01-31-2009, 08:06 PM
calexico

Gribbz
01-31-2009, 08:07 PM
I wanna know where all this killers hate came from. Nobody seems to have taken the route with them that I have: Forget their second and third albums ever happened. They were picked in '04 for a reason and they definitely belong at coachella, just not as a headliner. I'm claiming anger over their recent releases and their coachella spotting for the heavy negatives.

They shouldn't be headlining saturday. That's it.

Aurgasm
01-31-2009, 08:12 PM
They shouldn't be headlining saturday. That's it.

exactly

weezy f baby
01-31-2009, 08:16 PM

you're an idiot.

weezy f baby
01-31-2009, 08:21 PM
o, nice addition. good point also. you know what, you're right. i remember when throbbing gristle got a grammy. and t bone burnett, he's a legend! definetly better than howlin wolf, furry lewis and sonny boy williamson (II if you're picky, which I know you're not). how many grammys does tom waits have again? the music business is a racket, if you don't know that you're making a fool of yourself. good acts get through, but this is 2009 buddy, and there are things such as 'ghostwriting' and 'pitchcorrection' to factor into the POLITICAL process of the mainstream (i.e. eligible for a grammy) music business and if you think winehouse didnt use at least one, you're undereducated on the subject to say the least. she sucks live. her music is uninspired tripe. there are a MILLION better singers who can WRITE in america alone, and they didnt make it because they arent skinny, big breasted, eccentrics with drug/ sex/ image/ alcohol issues that get media attention. she is the worst act at coachella this year and i wont argue another word of this with someone as ignorant as you or the other person who tried to say grammys matter. musical taste varies from person to person, but if you see her you will regret it. you can LOVE that album to death, but she won't be able to deliver on stage. she will let you down, i promise.

That's a gross sweeping generalization of the record industry. Amy winehouse was good last time she was at coachella and she comes with controversy. it's a no brainer decision. she will definitely draw a HUGE crowd at her time slot simply because of who she is.

Rockstarboy37
01-31-2009, 08:38 PM

Grammy's are bullshit.

You know who wins grammys? Nickelback, Pink and Avril Lavigne win grammys. They practically give them out to people on the street. They mean nothing.

The Grammys are complete and utter crap.

Rockstarboy37
01-31-2009, 08:41 PM
you're an idiot.

Cause I don't like the Ting Tings? And who the hell are you?

I suppose you are a fan of theirs

Right and I'm the idiot.

oftheheartofthesoul
01-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Three-way tie between Throbbing Gristle, TRAV$DJ-AM and Ariel Pink's Shitty Frightening Excuse for Music.

C DUB YA
01-31-2009, 10:13 PM
Throbbing Gristle are highly influential, and are banned from mention in this thread.

C DUB YA
01-31-2009, 10:15 PM
Grammy's are bullshit.

You know who wins grammys? Nickelback, Pink and Avril Lavigne win grammys. They practically give them out to people on the street. They mean nothing.

The Grammys are complete and utter crap.

You know who else...

Elvis Costello, Marvin Gaye, U2, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn...

this wasn't about the Grammys as an award but someone's attempt to claim Amy Winehouse shitty just because she got a grammy... and thus grammys go to shit artists.

Iamjoeswastdlife
01-31-2009, 10:24 PM
Everyone has different tastes... Obviously SOME people are going to see these acts, otherwise GV wouldn't have signed them. I personally won't see any of em (Winehouse especially), but lay off the poor, poor people who do.

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 11:14 PM
^ thank you. you're the man.

u2 sucks.

jjbaldwi
01-31-2009, 11:17 PM
U2 does suck nowadays. Influential for sure, but way too fucking pretentious and bombastic.
Worst act----> I'll let you know soon

Aurgasm
01-31-2009, 11:20 PM
Mastodon for sure. who thought they would be good?

they're not terrible...

mangomelon
02-01-2009, 05:09 AM
I will second McCartney - He is no longer a member of the Beatles, or Wings for that matter! Now he sings some seriously annoying poppy crap now. There was heavy tv promotion for his album about a year ago, and everytime it came on, I wanted to puncture my eardrums. He might sing *some* old stuff, but that could include "Say Say Say"

Also ... with all this talk about Winehouse - how about a wager on whether she will actually show up? She is in the "hospital" (because how ironic would it be if they actually admitted it was "rehab") as often as not. So, I would say there is only about a 50/50 chance!

C DUB YA
02-01-2009, 06:19 AM
^ thank you. you're the man.

u2 sucks.

lol... you keep proving to me you know absolutely NOTHING about music.

one2fast
02-01-2009, 09:04 AM

some ppl are to kool for the killers i guess
but it sure as hell beats their hopes of having the basment jaxx? haha wtf seriously the basment jaxx?

i wuld say beirut i just think hes not that great rly boring after i checked him out and for being billed so high i was disappointed,but i'll give him another listen to maybe im wrong

clumsy342
02-01-2009, 09:44 AM

My ex/friend is actually friends with these guys. Word has it they are playing the Main stage. Probably be the first act on the Main for the weekend.

D.M.B.4Coachella
02-01-2009, 09:53 AM
The Verve wasn't so great last year, the leader singer was wasted and sang like shit. I'm sure they're good . . . sober.

PassiveTheory
02-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Genghis Tron, for sure. What the fuck.

zenidogx
02-01-2009, 10:52 AM
the answer we were looking for was: Girl Talk.

see you next year when we play this game again.

Rockstarboy37
02-01-2009, 10:53 AM
U2 never was good.

oftheheartofthesoul
02-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Throbbing Gristle are highly influential, and are banned from mention in this thread.

Throbbing Gristle sound like ten kidney stone patients trying to scream in pain over the clank of construction equipment just outside the windows, but other than that they are not bad.

C DUB YA
02-02-2009, 09:30 AM
U2 never was good.

You must now start over from the beginning. Cuz you know nothing.

TBrown33
02-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Throbbing Gristle sound like ten kidney stone patients trying to scream in pain over the clank of construction equipment just outside the windows, but other than that they are not bad.

Holy shit, I'm not the only one. I felt like I was taking crazy pills.

normalone75
02-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Seen the Clipse twice....theyre a filler, as well as leonard cohen...YIK!
I cant stand leonard cohen...what is his purpose? can anyone explain?

C DUB YA
02-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Seriously I hope you are joking. Cohen is a legend and an amazing songwriter performer.

If you're not joking then not go right ahead and fuck off... end it now - you'll never be any good to anyone.

But never fear - all is not lost on you... Britney Spears is getting ready to tour as well... your prayers have been answered.

sydaud
02-02-2009, 10:27 AM
U2 never was good.

....theyre a filler, as well as leonard cohen...YIK!
I cant stand leonard cohen...what is his purpose? can anyone explain?

C'mon now....you two are just trying to provoke. Silly talk....

Gribbz
02-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Seriously I hope you are joking. Cohen is a legend and an amazing songwriter performer.

If you're not joking then not go right ahead and fuck off... end it now - you'll never be any good to anyone.

But never fear - all is not lost on you... Britney Spears is getting ready to tour as well... your prayers have been answered.
I just checked out some of his songs. Interesting sound. Not what I expected at all.

Stork
02-02-2009, 10:42 AM
I doubt the reason for flying lotus not being on the poster right now is because of Sebastian Tellier.

I've seen lotus at Low End Theory in LA a couple times and saw Tellier at the american apparel factory.
both put on a good show

normalone75
02-02-2009, 10:53 AM

Youre right, I would go see her, but I would rather you turn me on to something good from Cohen, its like spoken rattling word to me...Send me some links....All i can remember is that song from Natural Born Killers, Rather monotone and depressing murmurs.

Hannahrain
02-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Is it "Normal One" or is it "Norm Alone"?

C DUB YA
02-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Youre right, I would go see her, but I would rather you turn me on to something good from Cohen, its like spoken rattling word to me...Send me some links....All i can remember is that song from Natural Born Killers, Rather monotone and depressing murmurs.

Hallelujah is one of the greatest songs ever - thus end the lesson.

IlliniQ
02-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Of acts I am already well familiar with (about 60% of lineup)...my votes go for

The Killers
Amanda Palmer - just a novelty act
and first prize to The Junior Boys everything they do just puts me to sleep other than track FM from last album.

Contrarian Note - Amy Winehouse may be a trainwreck, but she is neither an industry sellout (her lyrics come about as personally connected as they can get), nor anywhere close to the least talented artist in the '09 lineup. There are dozens I'd list before her.

normalone75
02-02-2009, 12:30 PM
I will second McCartney - He is no longer a member of the Beatles, or Wings for that matter! Now he sings some seriously annoying poppy crap now. There was heavy tv promotion for his album about a year ago, and everytime it came on, I wanted to puncture my eardrums. He might sing *some* old stuff, but that could include "Say Say Say"

Also ... with all this talk about Winehouse - how about a wager on whether she will actually show up? She is in the "hospital" (because how ironic would it be if they actually admitted it was "rehab") as often as not. So, I would say there is only about a 50/50 chance!

They robbed Peter-(all the rest) to pay Paul, hence budgetchella!

normalone75
02-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Is it "Normal One" or is it "Norm Alone"?

However you like Hannahrain!

Have fun at coachella!

TheBoneyKingofNowhere
02-02-2009, 01:00 PM
billy talent..

C DUB YA
02-02-2009, 01:03 PM
billy talent..

that is the correct answer.

TheBoneyKingofNowhere
02-02-2009, 01:05 PM
obviously hahaha i dont see how anyone could miss that, luckily theyll play early in the day

TheBoneyKingofNowhere
02-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Hallelujah is one of the greatest songs ever - thus end the lesson.

only if jeff buckleys performing it haha

C DUB YA
02-02-2009, 01:37 PM
only if jeff buckleys performing it haha

I'm not completely gonna disagree with that.

Buckley did some amazing stuff with an already amazing song... but it was definitely amazing to begin with.

Rockstarboy37
02-02-2009, 01:54 PM
You must now start over from the beginning. Cuz you know nothing.

If I started from the beginning id just realize how much they suck again.

I'v heard a lot of their cds. They aren't that great.

C DUB YA
02-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Well going back to the beginning didn't keep you from a retarded conclusion. So yeah don't bother, in the future though you might wanna clean out your ears and layoff the stupid pills when you try and listen to music.

And is that a chili pepper shout out as your avatar... ?

jvh1007
02-02-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't think anyone can blindly hate on paolo nutini. Actually listen to his album and not just "new shoes" and you will find that it is a very respectable album. It is a beautiful album that colorfully depicts the emotions associated with growing up in the scottish countryside (he is only 20 or so). Those of you who are writing off paolo nutini are probably put off by the fact that he has a catchy song that was occasionally played on the radio...although the lyrics seem silly to some, they surely represent some sort of emotion that is often overlooked in music these days. If you can't possibly listen to a song that is occasionally on the radio, then you likely listen to music because you think it represents a cool style. This makes you no better than people who enjoy listening to grammy artists because it too represents a style. Paolo Nutini's music, if you listen to it, has substance unlike so many of today's hipster bands (many of which will be at coachella). I will certainly be at his show

jjbaldwi
02-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Themselves

Fiarmedico
02-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Throbbing Gristle is bizarre. I like music, all kinds, but I dont dig their stuff. Girltalk isnt anything. What if a different DJ came up and just played other peoples music? Thats what Girltalk does.

MonsoonSeason
02-02-2009, 04:48 PM
I know I'm going to get flamed for saying this, I just know it

I have never liked anything mike patton has done.

Gribbz
02-02-2009, 04:49 PM

General Patton vs. The Xecutioners is awesome.

MonsoonSeason
02-02-2009, 04:50 PM
see and that's what's confounding! he works with a lot of artists that I like, but FNM, mr. bungle, fantomas... I have no joy for it

IfeelINFINITE
02-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Worst act- The Killers.
Why? Because they ask the question: "Are we human or are we dancers?"
really???? how is this even a hit?

Gribbz
02-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Worst act- The Killers.
Why? Because they ask the question: "Are we human or are we dancers?"
really???? how is this even a hit?

It's actually singular. "DANCER."

I wish I didn't know that.

NightGoat
02-02-2009, 04:59 PM
see and that's what's confounding! he works with a lot of artists that I like, but FNM, mr. bungle, fantomas... I have no joy for it

I'm of the opinion that there is at least one Patton project suited for just about every musical taste. I will admit that some of his projects can be pretty dodgy quality-wise though.

Rockstarboy37
02-02-2009, 05:01 PM
i'm just sick of these guitar player/singer types.

It's all the same crap. Everybody can play guitar and sing. I've heard it a million times.

It's good for the mellow crowd, but to me thats just filler. Unless they can do something legitimately talented on their instruments I'm not very impressed.

And I can't stand Antony & the johnsons. Painful to the ears.

Weatherman
02-02-2009, 05:31 PM
What if a different DJ came up and just played other peoples music?

Um...

agentapplejuice
02-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Billy talent easily.
HOWEVER, no one.. and i mean NO ONE. will be as bad as scars on broadway last year.. it almost wasn't worth a good spot at islands to sit through the last bit of their set..

no, i take it back. it definitely wasn't worth it

Aurgasm
02-02-2009, 06:29 PM
hercules and love affair...

wtf were those people on when they made that album

Aurgasm
02-02-2009, 06:34 PM

too each their own...

but i do think you're crazy

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-02-2009, 07:57 PM
there are at least 20 acts on the bill far worse than the Ting Tings.

i don't know any of their oher suffm, but "shut up and let me go" (or whatever it is) makes me want to jump off a bridge

It doesn't help tha every dj on the planet remixed it this summer and included it in a mixtape so I was subjected to it everytime i wanted some dancey time

NightGoat
02-02-2009, 08:05 PM
i'm just sick of these guitar player/singer types.

I totally agree with this. The only singer/songwriter type guy I'll be seeing is Leonard Cohen. The acoustic guitar one man band thing needs to be infused with something a little more edgy. If they got Steven Brodsky or Six Organs of Admittance I think that'd do the trick.

flowbee
02-02-2009, 09:01 PM
I don't think anyone can blindly hate on paolo nutini. Actually listen to his album and not just "new shoes" and you will find that it is a very respectable album. It is a beautiful album that colorfully depicts the emotions associated with growing up in the scottish countryside (he is only 20 or so). Those of you who are writing off paolo nutini are probably put off by the fact that he has a catchy song that was occasionally played on the radio...although the lyrics seem silly to some, they surely represent some sort of emotion that is often overlooked in music these days. If you can't possibly listen to a song that is occasionally on the radio, then you likely listen to music because you think it represents a cool style. This makes you no better than people who enjoy listening to grammy artists because it too represents a style. Paolo Nutini's music, if you listen to it, has substance unlike so many of today's hipster bands (many of which will be at coachella). I will certainly be at his show

Agreed. Nutini billed as the "worst act" is bullshit. He will be one of the bright spots of the festival.

Personally, I haven't heard anything good from Drop the Lime yet. I mean WTF is this? Someone prove me otherwise.

3m19kF6zqe0

nationocean
02-02-2009, 09:23 PM
everyone needs to stop being insecure about their music tastes and bullying other people about their opinions. don't worry, all your music sucks and who cares who likes the killers or whoever. it's an endless circle jerk of "your opinion is stupid"...

we get it.. now go back to whatever crap you like listening to and leave other people alone.

p.s. - the killers suck and you are stupid for listening to them.

gmoneyak
02-02-2009, 10:26 PM
So far Cage The Elephant and Billy Talent are tied for Worst Act on my list.

cooperb1
02-02-2009, 11:16 PM
gogogogogogogogogogo gadget crap
:poo

icyshake
02-03-2009, 07:21 AM
Steve Aoki
Steve Aoki was pretty much the worst act I saw live last year... i walked out in the middle of his drugged up f***ing nonsense... Honestly what are people like him and uffie (from 2008) doing at coachella??