PDA

View Full Version : Do you think all 3 days are gonna sellout quickly?

Failed State
01-30-2009, 11:07 PM
I know Friday is gonna be the first to sellout, but do you guys think the whole festival is gonna follow suit? I only ask because as of now I'm only going on Sunday, but Im waiting to see if Saturday pans out. In scared a huge act is gonna get added and by that time it will already be sold out and then I'm fucked. Help me!!!

matsuolost
01-30-2009, 11:08 PM
hopefully it doesnt
i plan on getting my tickets there

Failed State
01-30-2009, 11:12 PM
hopefully it doesnt
i plan on getting my tickets there

Yeah that was kinds my plan too. Just once I would like a low stress coachella, ever since 06' it has been a Fucking mess.

Coachella Bound
01-30-2009, 11:12 PM
single day tix will sell out.......!

coldstart
01-30-2009, 11:17 PM
They initially release a small number of single day tickets so that they "sell out" and encourage people to buy three day passes. Then they release some more singles, depending on sales.

hendrixfan143
01-30-2009, 11:17 PM
idk if fri will sellout. Paul iisn't really that hard to see live

Kid B
01-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Have you ever tried to get tickets to one of his shows?

DJ Pop-A-Smurf
01-30-2009, 11:31 PM
single day tix will sell out.......!

Straight up I've tryed many-a-times to just get the day i want its near impossible. The single days will sell out fast. 3 day passes wont not even with who ever else they throw into the lineup near the end. If you really only want single days their are lots of scalpers my friend had to get the last day while we were there last year.

Failed State
01-30-2009, 11:41 PM
Uh I hate scalpers, waste of life. I like maynards take on scalpers.

zikade
01-31-2009, 12:00 AM
Not for three day, no chance. Maybe Fri/Sat single day but you have some time. I'd say you have the entire month of Feb to not worry.

justinwilson1987
01-31-2009, 12:15 AM
Uh I hate scalpers, waste of life. I like maynards take on scalpers.

what is maynards take on scalpars?

deeznutz
01-31-2009, 07:30 AM
There is no way in hell with this line-up that 3 day passes will sell out.

and I can prove it with math:

((greatheadliner+abigfuckyouheadliner+okheadliner) x (ok midtier)) / (great bottom tier^2) = no sell out on three day passes

math is fun

C DUB YA
01-31-2009, 07:32 AM
Friday is the ONLY day that might sell out.

This might be the slowest selling Coachella since 02... add in the lay away plan, and you have some time.

C DUB YA
01-31-2009, 07:35 AM
Straight up I've tryed many-a-times to just get the day i want its near impossible. The single days will sell out fast. 3 day passes wont not even with who ever else they throw into the lineup near the end. If you really only want single days their are lots of scalpers my friend had to get the last day while we were there last year.

It has NEVER been near impossible to get what you want. If you buy them when they go on sale, they are available, every single year since it started.

xogirl
01-31-2009, 07:35 AM
idk if fri will sellout. Paul iisn't really that hard to see live

wow...I guess that's because for Paul's last show in the US, you only had to know where it was being held (a secret location), stand in line for 3 days, and be one of 300-400 lucky fans to get in (and you were in competition with people who flew in from all over the world). Yeah, it's really easy to see Paul...

C DUB YA
01-31-2009, 07:37 AM
I know Friday is gonna be the first to sellout, but do you guys think the whole festival is gonna follow suit? I only ask because as of now I'm only going on Sunday, but Im waiting to see if Saturday pans out. In scared a huge act is gonna get added and by that time it will already be sold out and then I'm fucked. Help me!!!

You have some time.

Alchemy
01-31-2009, 07:37 AM
Umm... Friday is not just a Paul McCartney show. That's also Morrissey, Leonard Cohen, and Franz Ferdinand... It has a very good chance of selling it.

BrickTop24
01-31-2009, 07:50 AM
well i ordered my tickets at 9:30 yesturday so im to go. will it sell out? maybe.

C DUB YA
01-31-2009, 07:53 AM
Umm... Friday is not just a Paul McCartney show. That's also Morrissey, Leonard Cohen, and Franz Ferdinand... It has a very good chance of selling it.

Friday has the best upper bill of the 3 days.

sacleonard
01-31-2009, 08:00 AM
Friday is amazing, and I already fear the conflicts.
C Dub Ya, are you going this year?

tigermilkboy
01-31-2009, 08:05 AM
it will not sell out for all three days-by sell-out we mean all 50,000 plus tickets every day! friday is an hard day to sell out traditionally, so we will see

Memorial_07
01-31-2009, 08:33 AM
You still have plenty of time to buy tickets but your probably gonna want to hurry up

Boourns
01-31-2009, 08:36 AM

$99 plus fees is a fucking bargain. I mean, how much is it to see McCartney? $250? Plus $50+ to see Morrissey, $40 for Franz, and Leonard Cohen NYC tickets range from $65-250.

Ardentbiscuit
01-31-2009, 08:49 AM
I've been reading around the message boards and McCartney fans are fanatical.

If they are fanatical enough to buy 3 day passes when single days passes sell out. That will remain to be seen.

Oh yeah and lots of the McCartney fans think the Coachella board regulars are mean to newbies.

Memorial_07
01-31-2009, 08:51 AM
I've been reading around the message boards and McCartney fans are pretty are pretty fanatical.

If they are fantatical enough to buy 3 day passes when single days passes sell out. That will remain to be seen.

Oh yeah and lots of the McCartney fans think the Coachella board regulars are mean to newbies.

If they're fanatical enough about music in general they'll go for three days and enjoy themselves.

But I'm sure McCartney fans get that impression because the regulars have been fed up with new members continually complaining about how much the lineup sucks when it doesn't.

Whoo!!!
3,000 posts!
:)

crombrenner
01-31-2009, 09:07 AM
3 Day passes won't sell out until early April. A big name or two (KOL and Chems) will be added to Saturday which will push it over the top. Headliners sell tickets and this years are great but they are not "must see" acts (except Paul Mc) like Rage, Prince, Tool etc.... Regardless, they will sell enough tix to make a huge profit and everybody will be happy.

Foucault
01-31-2009, 09:17 AM
3 Day passes won't sell out until early April. A big name or two (KOL and Chems) will be added to Saturday which will push it over the top. Headliners sell tickets and this years are great but they are not "must see" acts (except Paul Mc) like Rage, Prince, Tool etc.... Regardless, they will sell enough tix to make a huge profit and everybody will be happy.

I don't know precisely what the economics are for Coachella, but LiveNation loses about 5% - 10% on tickets for each show -- then makes its profit on t-shirts, booze, etc. I'm guessing that Coachella is similar, or at least it was last year with Prince and without a 3-day sellout.

obzen
01-31-2009, 09:34 AM
Overall,compared to last year,this year will sell more and faster-whether three day passes sell out-remains to be seen,it all depends on whether GV adds the right one
to the Saturday bill-either way,i wouldnt start to panic until the beginning of March...

no worries here though,i already bought my three-day pass,thats the best way to this avoid stress

microcuts
01-31-2009, 10:21 AM

Friday is the most amazing line up and I'm probably the biggest Cure fan on here.

NY Excuse
01-31-2009, 10:29 AM
Friday will sell out soon, Sunday could for sure sell out to with a lineup like yeah yeah yeahs into mby into the cure, the only day I think will not sell out for a while is Saturday, that is until they add another big band and then it will sell out quickly...Just my prediction, if you know you want to go just find the money now your going to have to pay it eventually and you might as well get it before it sells out.

Amneeziac
01-31-2009, 10:29 AM
Not as fast as the past few years, just because of the economy. Initial lineup is just as enticing.

xogirl
01-31-2009, 10:44 AM

Yep, Friday has an amazing line-up. It will definitely sell out, just don't know when.

ravennome
01-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Okay so I get the "layaway from the goodness of GV's heart" concept. But then I read that there is no refund, so once you put tix on layaway, you're in and committed to buy. Now this wouldn't bother me so much but in years past acts have been added because days weren't selling out. So now if you buy on layaway, they have your money. With the time line for payment, it behooves you to purchase now rather than later, even if this line up isn't your cup of tea entirely. So who wins, you? or GV?

In this economy if you can't buck up enough self control to squirrel away the coin for tix under yer bed your gonna be shit outta luck in life. However saving up yourself means you still have your money and if the lineup doesn't fit yer needs then you can go else where with it.

All lay away does is encourage bad behavior on GV's part. It drives a psychological idea that because people can do layaway that things are going to sell out faster even though many people are less than enthused by the current line up and it also insures that GV will make bank because you"re in for an inch in for a mile. All while not giving GV much incentive to sweeten the pot with new and better acts.

I know this may sound a little dark and heavy handed, but at the end of the day this is a business. As much as we may think its about the music, if money isn't being made then there is no music. I'm all for free festivals, but that just ain't gonna happen.

So I say if you're not on same page with the line then hold off on purchase till you are. Let your money speak for you.

I myself don't plan to purchase until next month or March. And if one day sells out, oh well I'd be doing 3day passes anyway. At least I'll know I was voting my heart, and right now I need a better selection of acts, and a real headliner for Saturday night. Last year shaped up to be awesome, and I just want the same this year, if that takes lackluster tickets sales then so be it.

bluemamba
01-31-2009, 02:47 PM
This festival wont sell out. Dont worry.

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 03:04 PM
saturday wont sell out w/o solid additions

bluemamba
01-31-2009, 03:06 PM
last year didnt sell out.

You guys really think this year will sell out??

NY Excuse
02-01-2009, 12:58 PM
single days did sell out last year, pretty fast too.

hobomilitia
02-01-2009, 01:09 PM
paul mccartney and the cure have some hardcore fans...i think it will sell out, but not until late march or april

mozfan27
02-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Friday will sell out pretty quick, Think about it.

Paul can sell out anything

Morrissey always sells out in Los Angeles, including the Hollywood Bowl which is 17,000 people.

Franz Ferdinand can sell out some pretty sizable venues as well, They sold out the Greek Theater a couple of years ago for two days I think

Leonard Cohen will definitely attract a lot people..

got my three day pass, regardless the other two nights dont seem to have the power to sell out.