PDA

View Full Version : M.A.N.D.Y., Gui Boratto, and Supermayer

Brochella
01-30-2009, 03:18 PM
The Sahara is a little weak this year, but I'm happy GV at least got some good techno acts. These guys are all gonna be great!

Lazaro
01-30-2009, 04:34 PM
exactly

buymarshon
01-30-2009, 05:17 PM
yea gui and mandy will be sick... still hoping for dubfire.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-30-2009, 05:19 PM
I approve

Mordecai
01-30-2009, 05:23 PM
I am probably most excited for these 3 at this point. Still waiting on some additions though.

david.sound
01-31-2009, 02:19 PM

dubfire at compression la feb 11th! check it out. www.compressionla.com

WeGoSublime
01-31-2009, 02:28 PM
i agree with this thread

deeznutz
01-31-2009, 02:29 PM
I'll be checking out all three!

Smokenut
01-31-2009, 02:30 PM

gui & mandy yes

dubfire? u mean from SLEEPDISH , i mean deep dish?

no!

he is only good at making music, his live dj sets=zzzzzzz

Donaldj
01-31-2009, 02:37 PM
Ok wow, had never heard of Gui Boratto. I'm excited for him now. The few tracks I have heard off youtube I love.

deeznutz
01-31-2009, 02:43 PM
Gui Boratto was sick in Detroit last year, so I'm super excited for him in the Sahara.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-31-2009, 03:11 PM
GUI BORATTO WANTS YOUR FACE. AND HE WANTS IT TO MELT.

PassiveTheory
01-31-2009, 03:12 PM
**** Passive's Official Stamp of Approval ****

brando4n82
01-31-2009, 03:13 PM
Unfortunately between their essential mix and live youtube vids, im not too excited. ill check them out though still, hopefully they catch me off guard

I'd also be surprised if both Gui Boratto and supermayer will even be in the sahara

AbundantChoice
01-31-2009, 05:36 PM
I thought Supermayer doesn't perform their own stuff live, they only DJ?

betao
01-31-2009, 05:39 PM
Just download Gui's album "chromophobia". This is excellent stuff.

plus he's from Brazil! points in my book.

So what stuff of MANDY and Supermayer should I be checking out? I feel like these 3 acts are saving graces of the sahara tent undercard this year.

Robototron
01-31-2009, 07:19 PM
I'd also be surprised if both Gui Boratto and supermayer will even be in the sahara

Are you retarded? Just because it isn't "face melting" Electro House or whatever the fuck? Those are three of the most popular DJs from one of the most popular labels in Techno in recent years, one of whom is essentially famous not even for his production, but just for his Immer DJ mixes, and all three of whom play to massive crowds at festivals and gigs all over the world. Of course they'll be in the Sahara, where else would they be?

trancehiphop
01-31-2009, 07:43 PM
I highly agree with this thread after listening to gui and supermayer, mandy is sick, saw him live a couple concerts ago, tore shit up!

coldstart
01-31-2009, 07:47 PM
Just download Gui's album "chromophobia". This is excellent stuff.

plus he's from Brazil! points in my book.

So what stuff of MANDY and Supermayer should I be checking out? I feel like these 3 acts are saving graces of the sahara tent undercard this year.

My favorite live M.A.N.D.Y. set:

xadzchO302g

Robototron
01-31-2009, 07:53 PM
My favorite live M.A.N.D.Y. set:

xadzchO302g

lol, it's always funny when you see people looking totally fucked outside the clubs in broad daylight. What a crowd!

Aurgasm
01-31-2009, 11:33 PM
nice

coldstart
02-01-2009, 12:50 AM
lol, it's always funny when you see people looking totally fucked outside the clubs in broad daylight. What a crowd!

Hah, indeed. I love the old guy.

tripcalifornia
02-01-2009, 01:03 AM
I personally, am REALLY excited about seeing Gui's "Beautiful Life" performed live - it's such an uplifting and melodic - very "Coachella", in my opinion

cheers :)

david.sound
02-01-2009, 01:16 AM
I personally, am REALLY excited about seeing Gui's "Beautiful Life" performed live - it's such an uplifting and melodic - very "Coachella", in my opinion

I saw him 2 years ago, he played the vocals really fast like Alvin and the chipmunks.

Shame he didn't play Mr. Decay when I saw him, that song is beautiful.

To people who like good music, this is old, but if you haven't heard it yet, I'd like to share it with ya'll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj-9lBd5E_4

Robototron
02-01-2009, 08:44 AM

It's not really a live set, though, is it? I mean, he might play it, but in a DJ set if anything he'll just be playing a few songs off the new album.

sabphatty
02-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Totally agree with this thread. I'm looking more forward to Gui Boratto, Supermayer, and MANDY than any of the other electronic acts. More techno additions would be awesome.

Electro is good if done right (I'm looking quite forward to Para One/Surkin), but some of it is garbage. I don't understand the appeal of say, The Bloody Beetroots.

Junior Boys should be nice too - I don't know what their live shows are like, but their Body Language 6 mix is pretty decent

SickWithIt
02-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Marshall I hear holds it down so im interested to see what his set is like

malcolmjamalawesome
02-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Are you retarded? Just because it isn't "face melting" Electro House or whatever the fuck? Those are three of the most popular DJs from one of the most popular labels in Techno in recent years, one of whom is essentially famous not even for his production, but just for his Immer DJ mixes, and all three of whom play to massive crowds at festivals and gigs all over the world. Of course they'll be in the Sahara, where else would they be?

Don't be a dickhead.

Bud Luster
02-16-2009, 06:34 PM
EDM acts are not strictly relegated to the Sahara, so they could play anywhere really. Examples:

Kruder and Dorfmeister, Z trip played in a smaller tent in 01

Chems, Oakenfold (and other shitty trance headliners) have played on the Main stage.

Roni Size & Reprazent, Underworld have played the outdoor theater

Lemon D and Dillinja, DJ Krush, Planet of the Drums crew, Mike Realm, Rinse and Flux, Bad Co UK, The Orb, Cut Chemist, Dan the Automator, have played in the Gobi and Mojave.

It's not unreasonable to think that any of the acts previosly mentioned in this thread will not be in the Sahara.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-16-2009, 06:37 PM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8213/rkcolorey7.jpg

AND YOU CAN COUNT .. ON ME ... WAITING FOR YOU IN THE PARKING LOT

boarderwoozel3
02-16-2009, 06:40 PM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8213/rkcolorey7.jpg

AND YOU CAN COUNT .. ON ME ... WAITING FOR YOU IN THE PARKING LOT

I lol'ed.

Mordecai
02-16-2009, 06:43 PM
MJA is on fire today.

Robototron
02-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Don't be a dickhead.

Not my fault so many people here like to basically talk out of their asses.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-16-2009, 07:36 PM
You're pretty full of yourself, "Roboto Tron", especially considering:

EDM acts are not strictly relegated to the Sahara, so they could play anywhere really. Examples:

Chems, Oakenfold (and other shitty trance headliners) have played on the Main stage.

Lemon D and Dillinja, DJ Krush, Planet of the Drums crew, Mike Realm, Rinse and Flux, Bad Co UK, The Orb, Cut Chemist, Dan the Automator, have played in the Gobi and Mojave.

It's not unreasonable to think that any of the acts previosly mentioned in this thread will not be in the Sahara.

Robototron
02-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Give or take one or two of those, the only ones who don't play the Sahara are either big draws outside of EDM (Chemical Brothers, Oakenfold, etc.) or Electronic artists that don't make dance music (The Orb, K&D, and others are too chill, some of those named are Hip-Hop DJs, etc). So STFU.

It's pretty obvious that GV would never put some of the biggest names in Techno anywhere but the Sahara.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-17-2009, 10:20 AM

they're euros they always look like that. my problem with that clip is the same I have with a live underworld set I have...too many damn whistles! god I wish I could rip those annoying ass whistles out of there mouths so I could hear the music.

No whistles in the sahara please.

betao
02-17-2009, 10:30 AM

Those were back in the early years of coachella though, back when coachella had a TON of various EDM acts each year. Some quality stuff, too.

Gui, Supermayer, and MANDY will be in the sahara.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Those were back in the early years of coachella though, back when coachella had a TON of various EDM acts each year. Some quality stuff, too.

Gui, Supermayer, and MANDY will be in the sahara.

yeah I'd say it's safe to say they are sahara acts.