PDA

View Full Version : Crookers, Bloody Beetroots, Airborne Toxic Event...

interpolitix
01-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Highest billed performers that I am totally unfamiliar with.

What's their situation?

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 02:11 PM
"blog house" aka hard dance music for crookers and beetroots. i donno the other act but the first two are pretty tight if you're into that thing. it's gonna get wild in the sahara that night.

interpolitix
01-30-2009, 02:13 PM
"blog house" aka hard dance music for crookers and beetroots. i donno the other act but the first two are pretty tight if you're into that thing. it's gonna get wild in the sahara that night.

oh word?!

that sounds awesome.
cheers man!

who8me2k7
01-30-2009, 02:13 PM
crookers and bloody beetroots are pretty good. saturday night the tents gonna be pretty good with crookers/bloody/mstrkrft. lots of electro.
airborne toxic event however is a weak arcade fire. bleh.

scaliwag
01-30-2009, 02:15 PM
crookers and bloody beetroots are from italy. love them

crookers do the infamous remix of kid cudi's "day and night"...also listen to their track "prostitutes"

bloody beetroots, listen to maybe "we are from venus" or "rombo".

airbourne toxic event - "sometime around midnight" is a good single, if you are into that genre

those songs are a good taste of those artists

interpolitix
01-30-2009, 02:15 PM
crookers and bloody beetroots are pretty good. saturday night the tents gonna be pretty good with crookers/bloody/mstrkrft. lots of electro.
airborne toxic event however is a weak arcade fire. bleh.

pass on the mediocre indie rock. thanks for the warning.

Ravingmad
01-30-2009, 02:16 PM
airborne toxic event have a couple of good songs, they could be a good late-afternoon/ early-evening outdoor theater pick that will surprise some people. Sort of like Swell Season did last year

MeowMixer
01-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Also look up Surkin, Para one. Both are similar to the Beetroots. Kind of.

Aurgasm
01-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Highest billed performers that I am totally unfamiliar with.

What's their situation?

www.hypem.com

search and listen to their music there (its a music blog aggregater)

I saw the Beetroots in Italy back in the day and it was awesome... and they've improved a lot since.

blog house is a good description!

interpolitix
01-30-2009, 02:21 PM
i love the fact that there are sick fucking bands/emcee's/dj's that i've never heard that will play and absolutely destroy me.

thanks for the knowledge guys.
may you all have warm and wealthy weekends.

MeowMixer
01-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Thank you!

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 02:24 PM
surkin fucking rules, "white knight II" was my favorite track from last year

seriously i know i say this every year but saturday in the sahara is gonna kill me. surkin, crookers, mstrkrft, bloody beetroots, para one, holy fucccccck

scaliwag
01-30-2009, 02:29 PM

seriously i know i say this every year but saturday in the sahara is gonna kill me. surkin, crookers, mstrkrft, bloody beetroots, para one, holy fucccccck

thats EXACTLY what I'm thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravingmad
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM

especially since he and para are apparently doing a live set instead of a DJ set this time around

Kid B
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lTctlgFCtXE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lTctlgFCtXE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Go buy their debut now.

digitaldragon03
01-30-2009, 02:51 PM

I have no idea why people think Saturday is weak, maybe at the main stage, but the Sahara is going to be melting.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 02:55 PM
I actually hope they don't add anybody to Saturday because at this point I could not give a fuck about any of the headliners and I can be in the Sahara all day

R41N570RM
01-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Saturday Night's alright for PARTYING

NY Excuse
01-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Listen to the songs Sveglia, Il Cattivo,and knobbers by Crookers, see them they are amazing!

Distorted_Jungle
01-30-2009, 03:13 PM
I actually hope they don't add anybody to Saturday because at this point I could not give a fuck about any of the headliners and I can be in the Sahara all day

That is exactly what i was thinking they need to beef up the Sahara on Sunday A LOT!!! Add Chemical Brothers and Basement Jaxx to friday and sunday

patsfan5454
01-30-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm soo very stoked for MSTRKRFT, Crookers & Bloody Beetroots on Saturday, i feel like im getting a second chance, ( last year i missed Modeselektor, Simian Mobile Disco, Chromeo, & half of Justice cuz i saw Roger Waters ) Waters was amazing, but i wanted to experience the 4 hours or so straight dancin in the Sahara, hopefully at least two of them r billed in a row!!

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm soo very stoked for MSTRKRFT, Crookers & Bloody Beetroots on Saturday, i feel like im getting a second chance, ( last year i missed Modeselektor, Simian Mobile Disco, Chromeo, & half of Justice cuz i saw Roger Waters ) Waters was amazing, but i wanted to experience the 4 hours or so straight dancin in the Sahara, hopefully at least two of them r billed in a row!!

8) yeah this is what i'm talking about

signmeup
01-30-2009, 03:35 PM

saturday =sahara day!

im so happy surkin and para one will do a proper set this year, i saw them on the paris terror club tour and they killed it. i missed para one last year and got to watch surkin play to an empty tent, i was dancing, but i felt kind of bad for him

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 03:38 PM
i saw the paris terror club tour in LA, it was the loudest show i've ever been to. my ears were ringing for a couple days after that but it was so tight

SP The Ghost
01-30-2009, 04:24 PM
I can't fucking wait for the Bloody Beetroots.

edbangerkid
01-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Also look up Surkin, Para one. Both are similar to the Beetroots. Kind of.

haha no. surkin and para one sample a lot from old disco horns to make Air sounding electro bloody beetroots and crookers are wonky house. they were great and HARD and the Haunted Mansion

edbangerkid
01-30-2009, 04:35 PM
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38900940

Gyrus
01-30-2009, 04:57 PM
crookers....... wow
hahaha who can forget the classic mix of the chems salmon dance!!!!
wow
We did that for a couple months solid
wow
Just putting a wow after everything
wow

edbangerkid
01-30-2009, 05:00 PM
crookers....... wow
hahaha who can forget the classic mix of the chems salmon dance!!!!
wow
We did that for a couple months solid
wow
Just putting a wow after everything
wow
theyve made plenty of great music too, Love to Edit

oyeloca
01-30-2009, 05:19 PM
yFazcL1ccVk