PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL boo the killers offstage group.

Rockstarboy37
01-30-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm bringing the rotten tomatoes this year. Who's with me?

Vic Viper
01-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Grow up you baby.

Kid B
01-30-2009, 01:55 PM
For fucks sake, don't see them if you don't like them.

CrimesceneCookie
01-30-2009, 01:55 PM
you do that. I'll be at one of the other 4 stages enjoying good bands. like Chemical Brothers.

Ravingmad
01-30-2009, 01:56 PM
When there's four other stages/tents going, why would I waste time booing someone I don't like?

Lt. Dangel
01-30-2009, 01:56 PM
boo.

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Extreme...

Have a listen...a stroll by on yer way to something else...the Killers are great...

Shooters08
01-30-2009, 01:59 PM

This is the dumbest shit ever. Get a life.

scaliwag
01-30-2009, 02:00 PM
you may need to be booed out of your own thread

Rockstarboy37
01-30-2009, 02:00 PM
The Killers are a mentally handicapped man's Modest Mouse

AlecEiffel
01-30-2009, 02:01 PM

How do you figure? Please explain what you mean by that.

Lt. Dangel
01-30-2009, 02:06 PM
How do you figure? Please explain what you mean by that.

I think he means that "The Killers" are for retarded people. But I could be wrong.

Vic Viper
01-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Modest Mouse isn't really that good either...

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 02:15 PM
lol if you boo a single artist at coachella you are mad dumb

it's like going to a restaurant with a huge menu, ordering something you know you don't like, and then complaining when it shows up and you hate it

FireOfDecember
01-30-2009, 02:17 PM

it's like going to a restaurant with a huge menu, ordering something you know you don't like, and then complaining when it shows up and you hate it

Excellent analogy.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 02:17 PM
thanks, I think my analogy game is pretty tight if I may be so bold.

FakePlasticMe
01-30-2009, 02:19 PM

HAHAHAHA.

I'm with you! I won't be booing them but I'll be protesting in my mind! Killers are awful, I still think it's just a ploy until someone better is added.

jessface
01-30-2009, 02:23 PM
BOO that you are so pissed off about it that you are going to waste your time booing them when you could just go check out another performance. So to you sir I say, BOO!!!!

xxorcoxx
01-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Seen em twice they sound like shit live

Lt. Dangel
01-30-2009, 02:25 PM

Actually its more like going to your favorite local one of a kind restaurant and then seeing that they added a Taco Bell Chalupa to the daily specials.

Personally...I would ask the waiter WTF is this? And if she replied, "oh its one of our new specials". I would definitely boo her, and ask "whose stoopid fucking idea was this?"

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Actually its more like going to your favorite local one of a kind restaurant and then seeing that they added a Taco Bell Chalupa to the daily specials.

Personally...I would ask the waiter WTF is this? And if she replied, "oh its one of our new specials". I would definitely boo her, and ask "whose stoopid fucking idea was this?"

Why would you boo the waitress? It's not like she had anything to do with putting the chalupa on the menu. And really, you'd get mad at a place for having something on the menu you didn't like? That's a little ridiculous man.

gaypalmsprings
01-30-2009, 02:28 PM
this slays me

myelectrolife
01-30-2009, 02:29 PM
you do that. I'll be at one of the other 4 stages enjoying good bands. like Chemical Brothers.

ummmm...
Did I miss something? Chemical Brothers are not currently on the lineup.

neverclever
01-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Why would you boo the waitress? It's not like she had anything to do with putting the chalupa on the menu. And really, you'd get mad at a place for having something on the menu you didn't like? That's a little ridiculous man.

maybe if you put some rotten sundried tomatoes in it it'll taste better?

Rockstarboy37
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
First Time I ever heard I've got soul but I'm not a soldier I thought I was just listening to world at large/float on. And even though modest mouse sucks now (their early stuff was good) I still think they're way better than the killers. And I think the killers are just trying to sound like them. Kinda strange how that album came out just two months after modest's mouse's too.

And don't forget the BLATANT Across the Universe rip in that song as well

fuck the killers. Unoriginal talentless hacks

Rockstarboy37
maybe if you put some rotten sundried tomatoes in it it'll taste better?

I like the way you think

Lt. Dangel

Id boo the waitress because she knows how ridiculous it is, but still goes along with it, because she doesnt want to get fired.

IMO theres a lot of people who work at the restaurant that think a Taco Bell Chalupa is weak. But the owner made a deal with Taco Bell and they cant say shit about it. I say booooo to those people, including the waitress for being spineless.

beavington
01-30-2009, 02:32 PM
last year glastonbury chatter was making a big deal about Jay Z and now Coachella is making a big deal about the Killers, had it been reversed everyone would be happy.

Its funny what a bunch of fucking whiners people are. Get over it, youre only upsetting yourself. The Killers will collect your tomatoes and trash them on their way to the bank to cash the check. Who is really assed out? You my friend.

AlecEiffel
01-30-2009, 02:33 PM
First Time I ever heard I've got soul but I'm not a soldier I thought I was just listening to world at large/float on. And even though modest mouse sucks now (their early stuff was good) I still think they're way better than the killers. And I think the killers are just trying to sound like them.

In the first half of that killers song they rip off across the universe too.

fuck the killers.

So because you didn't pay attention and misheard something the Killers are retarded? I don't see the comparison at all, especially when there are other, blatantly obvious things that the Killers are influenced by.

AlecEiffel
01-30-2009, 02:34 PM
last year glastonbury chatter was making a big deal about Jay Z and now Coachella is making a big deal about the Killers, had it been reversed everyone would be happy.

Trust me, these clowns would be complaining if it was Jay Z.

rskapcat
01-30-2009, 02:35 PM
I will be too busy enjoying all the acts I like to expend any energy on insulting acts I dislike. $269 + TicketRaper fees seems like a bit too much to pay to waste any time booing someone, imo.

amdux
01-30-2009, 02:36 PM
what kind of intestinal-hating doofus goes to taco bell?

beavington
01-30-2009, 02:37 PM

its delish

AlecEiffel
01-30-2009, 02:37 PM

I bet Artie Lange does.

Lt. Dangel
01-30-2009, 02:38 PM

out of context.

thom cobain
01-30-2009, 02:38 PM
killers suck, so i will not be at their show to boo them. i'd rather see theivery corporation. too many stages and good music to be hating on other peoples good time. people like the killers. let them like the killers.

don't worry, they won't headline. they do i'll eat my hat.

AlecEiffel
01-30-2009, 02:40 PM
don't worry, they won't headline. they do i'll eat my hat.

Better grab the salt.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 02:44 PM
saturday is so funny compared to last year

Kraftwerk -> Thievery Corporation
Portishead -> Amy Winehouse
Prince -> The Killers

lollllllll

Rockstarboy37
01-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Hey Alec Eiffel
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/skunkkitten/LOLCAT.jpg

You listen to shitty music.

braundiggity
01-30-2009, 02:47 PM
So because you didn't pay attention and misheard something the Killers are retarded? I don't see the comparison at all, especially when there are other, blatantly obvious things that the Killers are influenced by.

like Bruce, with the When You Were Young / Born To Run riff. Except I like the killers, and I don't mind the rip off. It's a sign of respect, to me.

Rockstarboy37
01-30-2009, 02:48 PM
yeah when someone rips off springsteen you know they're bad

AlecEiffel
01-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Hey Alec Eiffel

You listen to shitty music.

Oh yeah? What do I listen to?

thom cobain
01-30-2009, 02:49 PM
the pixies. but they're good.

Rockstarboy37
01-30-2009, 02:51 PM
I see live music that doesn't make me want to blow chunks. That's what I listen to.

AlecEiffel
01-30-2009, 02:51 PM
I see live music that doesn't make me want to blow chunks. That's what I listen to.

No one asked what you listen to.

Rockstarboy37
01-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Touche. haha

bmack86
01-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Id boo the waitress because she knows how ridiculous it is, but still goes along with it, because she doesnt want to get fired.

IMO theres a lot of people who work at the restaurant that think a Taco Bell Chalupa is weak. But the owner made a deal with Taco Bell and they cant say shit about it. I say booooo to those people, including the waitress for being spineless.

That's fucking stupid. So because someone works somewhere they are automatically expected to become the monitors of changes in their restaurant? They're supposed to take a stand if they personally don't like a choice? Since I don't like onions, would it behoove me to tell people to stay away from any dish with onions? It's spineless to do your job?

Retard.

Rockstarboy37
01-30-2009, 02:56 PM
I love how everybody is arguing over the analogy.

dethroned
01-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Grow up.

MeowMixer
01-30-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm in.

DHARMA2112
01-30-2009, 03:06 PM
The official go fuck your own face.

greenredblack
01-30-2009, 03:06 PM
I love how everybody is arguing over the analogy.

Hey, i bet when you say you "love" it, it's done contemptuously, so fuck you.

i'm gonna throw it out there: anyone who boos live music anywhere under any circumstances is a jackasshole. i can hate things and also have a modicum of respect for them. (and their fans). given that music is largely an entirely subjective art/entertainment-form, your booing is suggesting an authority over the music itself, and really all music. and i'm pretty sure you have none to speak of (because, well, no one does). so fuck you twice!

Rockstarboy37
01-30-2009, 03:09 PM
ah you're so sweet

I bet you like to fuck dirty male prostitutes in your free time asshole

Stickjohn
01-30-2009, 03:11 PM
I KNOW! Let's go boo ALL the bands we don't like. We can argue about conflicts over who we hate more and positively can't live without booing.

greenredblack
01-30-2009, 03:24 PM
ah you're so sweet

I bet you like to fuck dirty male prostitutes in your free time asshole

you don't think i'm sweet, you're being ironic.

and let's open this second sentence up a little (not unlike the imaginary male whore's aney [i'm colloquialising anus!]): this speculation you made was obviously done so with a negative connotation intended, but is there anything intrinsically negative about being gay? i don't see anything wrong with homosexuality. about prostitution? when legislated and carried out responsibly, it's as legitimate as any other business (say, live music promotion). and being dirty? that's arguable, i don't know what you meant. i'm starting to think your hate for the killers is less about their musical integrity/talent, and more about your hate for a band that is from nevada (legal prostitution) with a lead singer who has effeminate tendencies. away to your hate-box, buddy.

oh yeah and i don't have to point this out, but your name is rockstarboy. how fucking gay is that?

andromedarkly
01-30-2009, 03:33 PM
oh yeah and i don't have to point this out, but your name is rockstarboy. how fucking gay is that?

LMAO!!!

justinaqui
01-30-2009, 03:37 PM
If you're going to carry rotten tomatoes around the desert all day you're pretty dedicated. I applaud your commitment to expressing your discontent. Godspeed.

Smokenut
01-30-2009, 03:38 PM

U BETTER USE THOSE TAMOTOS

on aoki & dj am

THE KILLERS ARE BETTER THAN RADIO HEAD, KINGS OF LEON ETC....

fuck those who dont like the Killers

ITS SOME NEXT LEVEL SHIT, GROW UP OR GO HOME! BABIES

Rockstarboy37
01-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I just feel sorry for you because you listen to the killers. all of you.

Astrid
01-30-2009, 04:03 PM
wow. youre a genius. please, by all means pay $300 to waste your time being a vindictive little douchefucker.

the whole point of a festival is to have a wide variety of music ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

im sure youre measly little booing is really going to effect all the people who are watching the killers having a great time. good job, fight the system!

Lt. Dangel
01-30-2009, 04:35 PM
That's fucking stupid. So because someone works somewhere they are automatically expected to become the monitors of changes in their restaurant? They're supposed to take a stand if they personally don't like a choice? Since I don't like onions, would it behoove me to tell people to stay away from any dish with onions? It's spineless to do your job?

Retard.

Youre taking my quote out of context and outside of my analogy re: Coachella (restaurant) and the Record Label/Killers' people (Taco Bell), The Killers (Chalupa).

If you think its a bad analogy, thats one thing. But to say its retarded doesnt really make sense, unless youre saying the analogy itself is retarded.

And yes it is spineless to do your job, when doing so means you are compromising your beliefs. Actually going along with something even if it compromises your beliefs is the definition of spineless. Im just saying, the Killers are bullshit, everybody knows it, even Coachella Organizers. If another headliner replaces them, then the restaurant workers arent spineless. If they stand, like Jack Johnson did last year, they ARE spineless.

CitizenJ
01-30-2009, 04:54 PM
ugh, you anti-mainstream music pricks can really shove it up your own ass, we don't care to hear how cool you are because all you listen to are bands like The Hold Steady, The Knife, and Animal Collective. There is room for the killers and your "cool music".

The Landmo
01-30-2009, 04:56 PM
there are more trolls here than /b/

RageAgainst
01-30-2009, 05:02 PM

what the eff man chicken chalupas are sooooooooo good!

sydaud
01-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Personally, I will be so far away from the Killers when they're doing whatever they plan on doing that they couldn't hear me boo anyway.

Coachella Bound
01-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Killers own your soul!

Memorial_07
01-30-2009, 05:12 PM
I honestly can't think of any band I'd ever throw shit at but you know what, at least they can get up there despite they'll be playing to a hostile crowd and play as hard as they can and I'll give them credit for just getting up there. Jack Johnson did the same thing but I only give him a sliver of credit

Lt. Dangel
01-30-2009, 05:12 PM
So if Jack Johnson wasnt a gimmick, he'll definitely be doing more festivals this year and in the future, right?

I dont remember crticizing mainstream music. Actually I cant think of a headliner who hasnt been mainstream at Coachella. Im just saying, if you cant do any better than the Killers or Jack Johnson as a headliner youre one of three things...

1. Lazy as fuck and/or a terrible booking negotiator.

2. A fucking corporate sell out.

3. cutting too deep into your profits to bring somebody worthwhile all 3 nights.

4. have really bad taste. (which we know isnt true because of the many good undercard atists)

Memorial_07
01-30-2009, 05:45 PM
I won't argue with that. If you can't do better than any of those two then there is obviously a problem

lediable76
01-30-2009, 05:51 PM

miserable ass haters!! Would you rather have prince? Or madonna? This lineup is so good this year!!! Stop yer bitching!!

Memorial_07
01-30-2009, 06:05 PM
miserable ass haters!! Would you rather have prince? Or madonna?

what do you mean by that?

magenta
01-30-2009, 08:57 PM
thanks, I think my analogy game is pretty tight if I may be so bold.

you may

jockeyfullofbourbon
01-30-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm skipping Saturday altogether as it's got a crap lineup, especially the Killers. No booing, no throwing of produce. Just saving a hundred bucks. Sounds good to me. It just reads like the bargain bin day of the three.

jockeyfullofbourbon
01-30-2009, 10:12 PM
miserable ass haters!! Would you rather have prince? Or madonna? This lineup is so good this year!!! Stop yer bitching!!

When the Killers are as good as Prince, talent wise, then you might have a point.

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 10:50 AM
i'm in. and yes, i'd much rather have prince.

DJ Pop-A-Smurf
01-31-2009, 11:15 AM
fuck the killers. and no on the prince i sat thru prince for the first 15 min maybe and sat there in complete silence watching like 20 black people on stage jumping back n forth singing "hollleluya!" and "O-e-O-e-O!" and i left to get rested n ready for sunday aka funday at coachella. Not hating just REALLY wasnt for me. I wont be booing the killers cause ill be in the sahara tent dancing my face of untill it melts. I dont mind this as much as everyone else is trippin. They are a big act i get it draw in a lot of younger emo kids all in good faith, cool w/e. not gunna let it effect my coachella theres always couple if not more bands ( usually just bandss lol all DJ's have been kind to me so far over the years ) that i couldnt stand to hear let alone stand in a pit with thousands of fans of theirs. More Dancing room for us.

Rockstarboy37
01-31-2009, 11:35 AM
http://www.zilefile.com/files/212_xra65/emo%20-%20its%20like%20goth,%20but%20for%20pussies.jpg

oasis4life2002
01-31-2009, 11:54 AM
I'll boo The Killers from the beer gardens

Hawkings
01-31-2009, 12:15 PM
saturday is so funny compared to last year

Kraftwerk -> Thievery Corporation
Portishead -> Amy Winehouse
Prince -> The Killers

lollllllll

ouch that does sum up the top of the bill this year. Thievery is pretty sweet thou, i've seen em' before

Rockstarboy37
01-31-2009, 12:24 PM
Ah fuck it, I'm just gonna get a nap in before the after party.

Why waste perfectly good rotten tomatoes on the killers. It's not worth it.

Plus I like tomatoes too much to do something like throw them at the killers. I would just feel too bad for the tomatoes.

david.sound
01-31-2009, 02:12 PM

Yeah fuck the Killers. LOL. White Lies are better.

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm skipping Saturday altogether as it's got a crap lineup, especially the Killers. No booing, no throwing of produce. Just saving a hundred bucks. Sounds good to me. It just reads like the bargain bin day of the three.

amen

moomoo
01-31-2009, 02:23 PM

I fucking love Chalupas and it's people like me that keep it on the menu yougoddamncockflingingshitbucketpussypunchingpiece ofclitmungusshitbasketdicktastingquadruplepieceoff lamingcuntcatshit.

M Sparks
01-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Pathetic.

Iamjoeswastdlife
01-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Save the tomatoes for Amy Winehouse. Please.

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 03:12 PM
Save the tomatoes for Amy Winehouse. Please.

we should throw drugs at her

bluemamba
01-31-2009, 03:13 PM
I hate the fact that the Killers are such arrogant bastards and demand nothing lower than a headlining spot.

murmur741
01-31-2009, 03:16 PM
A waste of your time at a great festival. Seriously, that's fucking lame, get over it.

M Sparks
01-31-2009, 08:19 PM

Actually, THAT would be funny. Toss little vials onstage.

Gribbz
01-31-2009, 08:20 PM
That would be a waste of drugs...

M Sparks
01-31-2009, 08:25 PM
I hate the fact that the Killers are such arrogant bastards and demand nothing lower than a headlining spot.

I doubt that this is true. If they had only been able to play Friday or Sunday, they would have been billed second. And I won't be surprised if they get knocked down a slot.

People aren't pissed because The Killers are headlining, they're pissed that there isn't anyone else on Saturday who really should be above them. Or at least, that's what they SHOULD be pissed about.

I actually like The Killers, but they are a lousy live act. I expected someone bigger to be above them, but oh well. It's nothing worth whining about. Jack Johnson was way more insulting.

Gribbz
01-31-2009, 08:35 PM
I don't mind the killers being at coachella. Just not headlining.

weezy f baby
01-31-2009, 09:06 PM
i dont mind the killers being at coachella cuz i don't give a fuck about wasting time hating on things i don't like. i'll be in the sahara tent when they play.

Iamjoeswastdlife
01-31-2009, 09:33 PM

I'd be more than happy to have your drugs thrown at me :)

sonnyboy11
01-31-2009, 09:35 PM
I really like the Killers and look forward to seeing them. Heck, I'd probably check them out at a one off performance during their regular tour. I don't understand the hate for them. They have good songs.

That said, I can easily see Coachella adding someone else. But even if they don't I'll be good. I just hope you haters stay to true to your word and split for another stage before the Killers come on so I won't have to fight so hard for a decent view.

woogie846
01-31-2009, 09:38 PM
I'll be at Mastodon.

sonnyboy11
01-31-2009, 09:45 PM
I'll be at Mastodon.

That had better not happen... (the conflict, I mean- you do whatever you want)

hegemon
02-05-2009, 02:36 AM

sbessiso
02-05-2009, 05:19 PM
My cheering will destroy any and all booing. Bring it on fuckers

Rockstarboy37
02-05-2009, 05:20 PM
party at the do lab bring the keg

normalone75
02-05-2009, 05:24 PM

Save em for Leonard Cohen, hes much more worthy.

thom cobain
02-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Save em for Leonard Cohen, hes much more worthy.

you're an idiot.