PDA

View Full Version : ATMOSPHERE = Emo hop?

McTokenStein
01-30-2009, 02:32 PM
i don't HATE slug but i honestly think he is one emotional MC.

please get over lucy.

i think i get crooked with crookers over these fools

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 02:34 PM
atmopshere is poopycrap. i love hiphop, but not atmosphere.

Jremy
01-30-2009, 02:37 PM
atMEHsphere

MeowMixer
01-30-2009, 02:38 PM

please get over lucy.

Rapper at Warped Tour. Ha.

SuperStar
01-30-2009, 03:22 PM
He's my favorite (hip hop artist) of all time.
- "emotional?" um, yeah. you're emotional too; it's part of being human.
- I would say "introspective" rather than "emo".
- intricate, powerful lyrics... much more depth than most stuff I hear.
- Lucy is a metaphor for the "music game". She's not a real person.

Jremy
01-30-2009, 03:26 PM

You must be really young... or you're just an idiot.

EDIT: You're not an idiot. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion

youguysallsuckfatcock
01-30-2009, 03:28 PM
im about to chop off all of your heads and then take a shit in all of your guys's necks

NoGwenPlease
01-30-2009, 03:28 PM
- "emotional?" um, yeah. you're emotional too; it's part of being human.
- I would say "introspective" rather than "emo".
- intricate, powerful lyrics... much more depth than most stuff I hear.
see kids, when you understand something instead of listening to 2 tracks off of various albums and taking what your friends with bad tastes say about someone, you can actually make a valid point! yay!

I will be seeing Atmosphere this year because their latest album is really solid.. "you can't imagine how much..." wasn't that great of an album so I've skipped seeing them for a few years. Pretty excited to see them again (for the 7th time)

busyD
01-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Lucy is a metaphor for the "music game". She's not a real person.

for someone who hates a game so much he sure plays alot

Robototron
01-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Emo hop is a ridiculously stupid term, but Atmosphere is awful. Saw them at Vegoose 07 and they were unbelievably boring.

DanWiss90
01-30-2009, 03:44 PM

please get over lucy.

yeah i only listen to rappers who are overcompensating gangster wannabe phony tough-guy clowns.

dude get over urself we need a few more rappers who can be honest. its people like you who are the reason rappers only wanna talk about their guns and their dicks.

tencate
01-30-2009, 03:45 PM
i don't love them, but they have some good songs and im excited to see them

brycerosen
01-30-2009, 03:50 PM
u guys r a bunch of haters

atmosphere is the shit, their songs are sick and you can actually understand him when he raps live

nothingisnothing
01-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah basically. Atmosphere is a little emo bitch

Spongehead56
01-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Wow, I didn't know there was a large crowd who didn't like Atmosphere...I think they're wonderful.

AlecEiffel
you know who's better than Atmosphere? Why?

James
atMEHsphere

indeed.

busyD
dude all i'm saying is People under the Stairs pretty much > all else.

period. end of story

SuperStar
01-30-2009, 04:00 PM
for someone who hates a game so much he sure plays alot

"I wanna say Fuck You Lucy, but the problem is I Love You Lucy.
So Ima finish my drink and have another,
while you think about how you used to be my lover."

Get it?

SuperStar
01-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Emo hop is a ridiculously stupid term, but Atmosphere is awful. Saw them at Vegoose 07 and they were unbelievably boring.

I heard from a friend who was at that show that Slug was drunk and the show did suck. Hopefully that will not be the case come April.

Sexecutioner
01-30-2009, 04:14 PM
"i cant imagine..." and "strictly leakage" were fuckin great albums. good upbeat party albums. the new album is kind of a letdown for me. when slug stopped rapping and started trying to sing, thats where he lost me. i saw them at street scene, and for the most part was pretty disappointed. they need to play more upbeat shit and get the crowd jumping. i really enjoyed his set at coachella 06 though.

jmckimmey
01-30-2009, 04:27 PM
i saw him at vegoose, and he put on a damn good show.

Jremy
01-30-2009, 04:27 PM

period. end of story

Yep...
I thought of another one- Atmosqueer
HA

McTokenStein
01-30-2009, 04:29 PM
^^ it took all day, right?

Hopeless Semantic
01-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Wow...your creativity level is quite amazing...

danteb
01-30-2009, 04:32 PM
atmosphere is great, sure he is kinda emo but at least he's talking about something different. Meanwhile lil wayne is dubbed the greatest rapper alive spewing the same type of shit every other "gangsta" is saying. Not trying to compare the two cause they are totally different (because i like both of em) but lil wayne is overrated and atmosphere can definitely spit game with the big boys

alcyone
01-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Atmosphere was hands down the worst show I saw at street scene last year. His music was lame and the people who were there to see him were a bunch of rude, pushy assholes.

OutOfmYminD
01-30-2009, 04:39 PM
I really enjoyed Atmosphere's set in 06. In my opinion Atmosphere is one of the few hip-hop acts that can put on a great live show.

phillthepill
01-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Slug is a lyrical genius and Ant is an amazing beat dj,
Music is about emotions and his lyrics are introspective
SLUG is real MC, fuck off haters

stinkbutt
01-30-2009, 04:43 PM

This may be true but I can tell you that they almost never play this live and the one time I seen them do it Slug yelled "God I fucking hate doing that song" so I think lucy is a real person

brycerosen
01-30-2009, 04:54 PM
atmosphere is tits

SP The Ghost
01-30-2009, 05:08 PM
They're really, really good and the new record is a phenomenal piece of work, in my opinion. It's a quantum leap from what they've done before and I think it totally works. Slug wasn't going to rap like he did on God Loves Ugly forever. I think that he's really progressed as an artist and I'm really excited to see them this year.

one2fast
01-30-2009, 05:30 PM
u guys rly gonna try to bash on slug?
hahaha to tough to show emotion?
u guys r stupid hes a sik mc dont tell me ur favorite is eminem plz dont! dont embarass urself.
showing emotion jus makes him more of a real mc and btw lucy aint rly a girl dumbasses hahahah

busyD
01-30-2009, 06:04 PM
PUTS should headline all three days

Coachella Bound
01-30-2009, 06:49 PM

He droped his first piece of work in 93', 15 years ago!!!!!! So its you whos the idiot.

Im almost 25, and Slugg is easily my favorite mc!!!!!!!!

This may be true but I can tell you that they almost never play this live and the one time I seen them do it Slug yelled "God I fucking hate doing that song" so I think lucy is a real person

Song?????

the name Lucy is droped in several of Sluggs song's, infact Lucy Ford is what you call an entire album.......

Lucy is a metaphor for alot of things, but mostly about America.

Hes droped 7 full length albums, plus 12 different projects in his Sad Clown Bad Dub Series (including a tape, two records, a live album, a dvd, a Sad Clown for every season last year). Plus his own record label, his own music shop.

The guy has contributed more to hiphop than you can even imagine, ive seen Slugg and Ant more than 10 times in my life and each show was nothing ever short of spectacular.......actually i take that back. I saw Slugg w/ a backing band a few years ago @ the Glasshouse and he was really awfull. But hey, bad nights happen! hes human

SuperStar
01-31-2009, 03:02 PM
He droped his first piece of work in 93', 15 years ago!!!!!! So its you whos the idiot.

Im almost 25, and Slugg is easily my favorite mc!!!!!!!!

Song?????

the name Lucy is droped in several of Sluggs song's, infact Lucy Ford is what you call an entire album.......

Lucy is a metaphor for alot of things, but mostly about America.

Hes droped 7 full length albums, plus 12 different projects in his Sad Clown Bad Dub Series (including a tape, two records, a live album, a dvd, a Sad Clown for every season last year). Plus his own record label, his own music shop.

The guy has contributed more to hiphop than you can even imagine, ive seen Slugg and Ant more than 10 times in my life and each show was nothing ever short of spectacular.......actually i take that back. I saw Slugg w/ a backing band a few years ago @ the Glasshouse and he was really awfull. But hey, bad nights happen! hes human

Rock on dude! I agree on all points... and I think you out-super-fan-ed me. See you in April in (probably) the gobi tent. :)

Oh and I remembered today that he wrote a line in a song to the haters who think he's "emo" or whatever:

"Yo, you heard Slug sing his songs about women?
Like he must be a weak link, I know I can fuck with 'im
For those who wanna ride, come on, climb aboard
I'ma be an asshole for as long as I'm ignored

So either call my bluff, or turn the volume up
And make noise for the women that swallow stuff
And put your hands up if you feel the music,
'Cause all that matters is "The Bass and the Movement" "

SP The Ghost
01-31-2009, 03:08 PM
He won't play the Gobi. He was second to last on the outdoor last time he was here.

SuperStar
01-31-2009, 03:27 PM
Yeah, actually after I wrote that I remembered that the outdoor stage was where I saw him in 06. It kinda sucked, cause it conflicted with the beginning of the (now legendary) daft punk show over in the sahara. Anybody else remember that? My other friends skipped it and were in front for DP, I was lost by myself in the back. :(

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 03:30 PM
PUTS should headline all three days

amen.

atmosphere... i would see if playing at same time as killers. only way i'd see them.
emohop? yes.

jjbaldwi
02-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Atmosphere keeps it real. Very solid act.

phillthepill
02-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Word Mate, It was right when Slug and Brother Ali where playing "pour me another" and i had to roll out to get a good spot for daft punk. That wont be the case this year. SLUG and ANT are real sik hip hop.

SubBass49
02-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Long as he doesn't hafta perform at the height of the hot day...remember the year the records kept warping on the turntable??? That was FUCKED up.

/looking forward to Atmosphere and the rest of the hip-hop that GV decided to bless us with this year.
//Glad they learned from last year's serious hip-hop drought and added some back in.

Gribbz
02-01-2009, 11:38 AM
What the fuck is wrong with Atmosphere?

drewdrewdrew
02-01-2009, 11:42 AM
What the fuck is wrong with Atmosphere?

Thats what Im saying.

CMRNDRGN
02-01-2009, 03:06 PM
atMEHsphere

More like AtMETHsphere.

Shit will fuck yo' face up!

NicoDread
02-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I think Godlovesugly is a solid hip hop album... but Atmosphere live at Vegoose did nothing for me, it was just too boring. So I think I'll skip them this year.

666 Cobra Clutch 666
02-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Nas Is My Kind Of Hip Hop...Imo this guy Whines too much.

SP The Ghost
02-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Long as he doesn't hafta perform at the height of the hot day...remember the year the records kept warping on the turntable??? That was FUCKED up.

/looking forward to Atmosphere and the rest of the hip-hop that GV decided to bless us with this year.
//Glad they learned from last year's serious hip-hop drought and added some back in.

There was more quality last year, in my opinion.

Jremy
02-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Just don't miss Clipse.

danteb
02-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Just don't miss Clipse.

word. clipse rocked the shit at the pitchfork festival, at least from what the footage showed.

Iamjoeswastdlife
02-01-2009, 07:59 PM

Music is subjective. Go ahead and debate taste, but it's pointless. You can't call people idiots just for liking a certain group... Because Clipse fucking sucks far more that Atmosphere.

humanoid
02-01-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm gonna admit, I'm not familiar enough with Atmosphere to have a strong opinion either way...I'm into all kinds of music, and have listened to hip hop since I was a kid....

THe stuff I like most is along the lines of the Roots, Black Star, old Wu Tang, Gravediggaz, Gangstarr, Blackalicious,

so I can have an informed opinion either way, what would you Atmosphere fans recommend I listen to?

I know i can just look it up but I wanted to hear a recommendation from a true fan so I can give them the fairest shot

danteb
02-01-2009, 09:10 PM
in my opinion pretty much anything from "you can't imagine how much fun we're having" fucking rocks it, very energetic (emotional).

although lots of folks seem to love their latest record it's just not my favorite atmosphere disc

SP The Ghost
02-01-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm gonna admit, I'm not familiar enough with Atmosphere to have a strong opinion either way...I'm into all kinds of music, and have listened to hip hop since I was a kid....

THe stuff I like most is along the lines of the Roots, Black Star, old Wu Tang, Gravediggaz, Gangstarr, Blackalicious,

so I can have an informed opinion either way, what would you Atmosphere fans recommend I listen to?

I know i can just look it up but I wanted to hear a recommendation from a true fan so I can give them the fairest shot

Well, my personal favorite record (and I fucking love all of them) is God Loves Ugly. The new record is much more musical, that meaning that they recorded it entirely with live instrumentation. In my opinion, Seven's Travels is the least good record of their catalog. Hope this helps.

Jakedeez
02-02-2009, 12:23 AM
i saw him at vegoose, and he put on a damn good show.

Really? I saw that set too, and it wasnt very good.

SuperStar
02-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Well, my personal favorite record (and I fucking love all of them) is God Loves Ugly. The new record is much more musical, that meaning that they recorded it entirely with live instrumentation. In my opinion, Seven's Travels is the least good record of their catalog. Hope this helps.

I second that - please listen to god loves ugly a few times... I doubt you'll regret it. My friend gave me a burned copy of that album back in lik '01 or something, and I swear I have not stopped listening to it since then. instant classic, imho.

the new album is sorta slowly growing on me, but it's weird in that it's all electronic beats, and slower tempo, and more "blah" delivery... the older stuff is more raw and hard-hitting, more energetic.

humanoid
02-02-2009, 09:11 AM
cool, thanks... I'm gonna check some of it out a little later today

All Your Base
02-02-2009, 09:14 AM

period. end of story

Yes. You want to see good rap/hip-hop at chella? Don't miss PUTS.

SP The Ghost
02-02-2009, 09:24 AM
I second that - please listen to god loves ugly a few times... I doubt you'll regret it. My friend gave me a burned copy of that album back in lik '01 or something, and I swear I have not stopped listening to it since then. instant classic, imho.

the new album is sorta slowly growing on me, but it's weird in that it's all electronic beats, and slower tempo, and more "blah" delivery... the older stuff is more raw and hard-hitting, more energetic.

I think the new record is a totally logical progression and is my second favorite Atmosphere record. I really like Slug's growth as an artist. He's not a kid anymore. He's a grown man. The music reflects that.

Californicator
02-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Peanut Butter Wolf > Atmosphere

Jon Blazed
02-02-2009, 09:29 AM

I would suggest the most recent album When Life Gives You Lemmons, Paint that shit gold and God Loves Ugly.

Atmosphere - Sunshine
RvY38j7JdCk

sucks I had to bump this stupid ass thread.

SP The Ghost
02-02-2009, 09:37 AM
You Can't Imagine.... had a number of gems as did Seven's Travels but neither are as consistent as God Loves Ugly or the new record, IMO. Although, now that I think about it, You Can't Imagine is a close third for me.

Cydewonder
02-02-2009, 09:48 AM

I like the God Loves Ugly and Lucy Ford albums. For songs try checking out: Complications - Gods bathroom floor - Abusing of the Rib - Body Pillow - Summer Song - Always coming back home to you.

ZackQ
02-02-2009, 09:53 AM
I love Atmosphere. I wouldn't call Atmosphere emo rap, whatever that means. Slug was rapping about love on God Loves Ugly and Lucy Ford. But the rest of his albums only graze it a couple of times.

Overcast is an underground classic. Listen to Scapegoat and 1597. And him and Ant have shown how versatile they can get on their most recent album. Slug always puts on a good show and usually brings a solid up and comer to support him.

redthreat
02-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Atmosphere isn't emo hip hop, it's hip hop with an MC that can actually write something worth listening to. Sometimes, good writers use things like 'emotion' in their writing. Not just a bunch of hapless gloating bullshit.

And you can't compare PBWolf and Atmosphere, that's fucking stupid.

ZackQ
02-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Atmosphere isn't emo hip hop, it's hip hop with an MC that can actually write something worth listening to. Sometimes, good writers use things like 'emotion' in their writing. Not just a bunch of hapless gloating bullshit.

And you can't compare PBWolf and Atmosphere, that's fucking stupid.

QFT. Chicago heads know what's up. Slug has massive range, not all his songs are about women or emotion.

SuperStar
02-02-2009, 10:04 AM
totally... I mean I'm not trying to knock it at all. "Guarantees" gives me goosebumps every time... it's just... it's very *different*, ya know? like if the new album was all you ever heard, you'd have a very skewed perspective.

ZackQ
02-02-2009, 10:06 AM
totally... I mean I'm not trying to knock it at all. "Guarantees" gives me goosebumps every time... it's just... it's very *different*, ya know? like if the new album was all you ever heard, you'd have a very skewed perspective.

The new album is good, they took things in a different direction. Maybe it's because I've been down for a while, but my favorite has always been Overcast. I'm still waiting for Slug to top the debut album. But it looks less and less likely. I still dig their new stuff, just in a different way.

Coachella Bound
02-02-2009, 11:48 AM
The new album is good, they took things in a different direction. Maybe it's because I've been down for a while, but my favorite has always been Overcast. I'm still waiting for Slug to top the debut album. But it looks less and less likely. I still dig their new stuff, just in a different way.

The new album is CRAP!!!

But im only saying this because i have been a huge fan for ever and my favorite cd is still Overcast as well.... My favorite tack is easily "Ode to the Modern Man" though. And my 2nd favorite album is "You Can't Imagine" i was really shocked when that album droped. Slugg and Ant came hard with the beats and the lyrics. Also Sad Clown Bad Dub Two had some serious lyrical gems.

and his new album isnt crap, its just not the Sean and Anthony ive grown to love.

If you want a really good idea of what Atmosphere's all about id do my best to try and cop the re-release of God Loves Ugly. It comes with Sad Clown Bad Dub 4 which is the DVD Documentary of the entire GLU Tour and youll really get a feel for them.

SP The Ghost
02-02-2009, 12:42 PM
The new album is CRAP!!!

But im only saying this because i have been a huge fan for ever and my favorite cd is still Overcast as well.... My favorite tack is easily "Ode to the Modern Man" though. And my 2nd favorite album is "You Can't Imagine" i was really shocked when that album droped. Slugg and Ant came hard with the beats and the lyrics. Also Sad Clown Bad Dub Two had some serious lyrical gems.

and his new album isnt crap, its just not the Sean and Anthony ive grown to love.

If you want a really good idea of what Atmosphere's all about id do my best to try and cop the re-release of God Loves Ugly. It comes with Sad Clown Bad Dub 4 which is the DVD Documentary of the entire GLU Tour and youll really get a feel for them.

It's not crap. It's a much more musically mature record, which apparently violated your expectations. I'm sure they're not sorry.

SuperStar
02-02-2009, 01:15 PM

period. end of story

So, like what PUTS album should I inculcate myself with?

busyD
02-02-2009, 01:21 PM
The Next Step
OST <-----
Question in the form of an Answer<----- <--- My Faves
Or Stay Tuned<----
Fun DMC

seriously they are all very very good. two people with an intense love for hip hop
and what hip hop should be. very feel good music.

A few songs to scopes to get a feel:

Plunken em
San Fransisco Knights
Montego Bay
Keepin' it live
Acid Raindrops

fuck it just listen to it all

Coachella Bound
02-02-2009, 01:23 PM
It's not crap. It's a much more musically mature record, which apparently violated your expectations. I'm sure they're not sorry.

hahaha i guess your one of those individuals who can't seem to read all the way through anything......

i retracted my satement...its just not my favorite album. It didnt rape me, i don't feel violated.

redthreat
02-02-2009, 01:37 PM
1. Atmosphere's old stuff owns all hip hop ever made. Overcast and the Lucy Ford EP's & LP are so solidly produced and written, and are so groundbreaking, that you can't deny they are probably the best hip hop albums of all time. If you don't know who Spawn is, shut your fucking mouth because you don't know Atmosphere.

2. PUTS are an amazing group, true. But again, nothing will compare to SF Knights and their early stuff, preferably The Next Step. So good. OST was good too.

I'm sorry guys, but hip hop is way past it's prime. I feel like hip hop artists are only put on the roster nowadays out of pity.

Just look at Buck 65. He's the only one that is really breaking the mold nowadays and he isn't even doing hip hop anymore.

Sixtoo was pretty killer doing his drum set a few years back too...

But hip hop always sucks live (sorry, it's true) because the sound isn't meant for a big crowd and what are you going to do besides sway back and forth to a rapper and wave your hands. It's called dancing, kids should try it sometime.

Don't agree with me?? Who saw the Cool Kids last year?? In a club they're great. On a huge stage they were fucking awful. An Awful awful mess.

Gribbz
02-02-2009, 01:39 PM
1. Atmosphere's old stuff owns all hip hop ever made. Overcast and the Lucy Ford EP's & LP are so solidly produced and written, and are so groundbreaking, that you can't deny they are probably the best hip hop albums of all time. If you don't know who Spawn is, shut your fucking mouth because you don't know Atmosphere.

2. PUTS are an amazing group, true. But again, nothing will compare to SF Knights and their early stuff, preferably The Next Step. So good. OST was good too.

I'm sorry guys, but hip hop is way past it's prime. I feel like hip hop artists are only put on the roster nowadays out of pity.

Just look at Buck 65. He's the only one that is really breaking the mold nowadays and he isn't even doing hip hop anymore.

But hip hop always sucks live (sorry, it's true) because the sound isn't meant for a big crowd and what are you going to do besides sway back and forth to a rapper and wave your hands. It's called dancing, kids should try it sometime.

Don't agree with me?? Who saw the Cool Kids last year?? In a club they're great. On a huge stage they were fucking awful. An Awful awful mess.

Jurassic 5 put on a great live show.

SP The Ghost
02-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Brother Ali is incredible live. And, The Cool Kids were a really, really good time.

busyD
tribe at rock the bells/gorge was soo fucking epic

SP The Ghost
hahaha i guess your one of those individuals who can't seem to read all the way through anything......

i retracted my satement...its just not my favorite album. It didnt rape me, i don't feel violated.

I'm message board ADD. Or mildly retarded. Probably the latter.

ZackQ
02-02-2009, 03:39 PM

Buck 65 is dope. You're on point with some of this.

There's still killer hip hop being dropped though. Some of the out of the box shit is really tight. Dan le sac vs. Scroobius Pip, for example. But yeah, small club = better venue for hip hop. The tent late at night can get good for hip hop. Murs killed it last year. It's all about controlling the crowd.

Deviate_420
02-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Slug is going to kill it. You is the best song of the year and When Life Hands You Lemons the best hip hop album since The Chronic 2001

instinct
02-02-2009, 11:02 PM
you know who's better than Atmosphere? Why?

Outkast.. I don't hate Atmosphere.. one of my good friends is one of the biggest Atmosphere fans around.

I think Outkast has better lyrics.. one their older albums at least

"Return of the gangsta thanks ta'
them niggas that thank [think] you soft
and say y'all be gospel rappin'
but they be steady clappin' when you talk about
bitches & switches & hoes & clothes & weed
let's talk about time travelin' rhyme javelin
somethin' mind unravelin' get down"

"ow Suzy Skrew had a partna named Sasha (Sasha), Thumper (Thumper)
I remember her number like the summer
when her and Suzy yeah they threw a slumber - - party
but you can not call it that cause it was slummer
Well it was more like spend the night
Three in the morning yawnin dancin under street lights
We chillin like a villain and a ***** feelin right
in the middle of the ghetto on the curb, but in spite
all of the bullshit we on our back starin at the stars above
(aww man) Talkin bout what we gonna be when we grow up
I said what you wanna be, she said, "Alive" (hmm)
It made me think for a minute, then looked in her eyes
I coulda died, time went on, I got grown
Rhyme got strong, mind got blown, I came back home
to find lil Sasha was gone
Her mamma said she with a ***** that be treatin her wrong
I kept on singin my song and hopin at a show
that I would one day see her standin in the front row
But two weeks later she got found in the back of a school
With a needle in her arm, baby two months due, Sasha Thumper"

I'm sorry.. I don't know why i tried to turn this into an Outkast thread.

ZackQ
02-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Uh yeah, Outkast is better than Atmosphere. Outkast is well, Outkast. But what they do is very different than what Slug does. It never occurred to me to compare the two.

Memorial_07
02-03-2009, 09:16 AM
because they are both hip-hop

now Immortal Technique and Atmosphere should be compared.

ZackQ
02-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Yeah, or Atmosphere and Aesop Rock, or Atmosphere and Sage Francis. Those would be some good discussions.

Memorial_07
02-03-2009, 09:24 AM
I'm all for Sage.

How about Talib Kweli?

Jon Blazed
02-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Now walk it out...

ZackQ
02-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Talib Kweli is the shit. Mos made one good album and he is sick anytime he collaborates.

Rhymefest anyone?

ToddThaGod
02-03-2009, 09:32 AM

hip hop does not suck live. u just need to get closer up to the stage to feel it more.... if you think hip hop sucks live you have not been to a hip hop show brother...

SbE9dyghbUE

xBB6NAqnpJ4

^ by the way you need to catch the solo in that...its sick

ZackQ
02-03-2009, 09:34 AM
People never mention the Roots and how amazing they are when they bash live hip hop. Then they come with the "well they're different because they have a live band" argument. Hip hop can be amazing live. It depends on talent and the crowd.

Memorial_07
02-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Talib, Sage, Chuck D and ?questlove: Impromptu jam session.

And the roots were one of the top 10 acts I saw all weekend in '07. they blew me away

ZackQ
02-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Talib, Sage, Chuck D and ?questlove: Impromptu jam session.

And the roots were one of the top 10 acts I saw all weekend in '07. they blew me away

Holy shit, that cover of March of War with Tuba Gooding Jr. was incredible.

Coachella Bound
02-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Actually fuck!

Im torn, cause i was so hyped on this thread i made the satement that Slugg is my favorite mc......but Sage, i mean its SAGE FUCK*NG FRANCIS!!!!!!!

Easily one of the greatest lyricist ever, thats right EVER!!!!!!!

ZackQ
02-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Actually fuck!

Im torn, cause i was so hyped on this thread i made the satement that Slugg is my favorite mc......but Sage, i mean its SAGE FUCK*NG FRANCIS!!!!!!!

Easily one of the greatest lyricist ever, thats right EVER!!!!!!!

Dewd I know. It's so hard to pick between those two. Early Aesop Rock would be a good comparison too.

Slug wins it for me, because I got into him waaaaaaaay long ago, and he reperesents the midwest and what it's all about better than any other. Growing up in Chicago, I loved Slug.

SuperStar
02-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Dewd I know. It's so hard to pick between those two. Early Aesop Rock would be a good comparison too.

Slug wins it for me, because I got into him waaaaaaaay long ago, and he reperesents the midwest and what it's all about better than any other. Growing up in Chicago, I loved Slug.

Thirded... Sage Francis is the shit.

Same as you, I was into Atmos for way longer, just recently got turned on to Sage.

I must have watched/listened to Makeshift Patriot on youtube about 50 times in the week when I discovered it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdzFhBtxW0A

Coachella Bound
02-04-2009, 09:41 AM

I found out about Sage a little later on though as well. But just like hearing Overcast! for the first time, i think it was "Sick of Waging War (the Known Unsoldier). Just blown away.....

And early Aesop was the shit. It peaked for me though @ Labor Days. Float was brilliant, and Appleseed and Earthworms were pretty damn decent for how underground they were.

After Labor, i don't know what happened. My theory is El-P got to much control of everything.

PLURallovermyface
02-04-2009, 09:51 AM
i'd rather have Immortal Technique...

redthreat
02-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Thirded... Sage Francis is the shit.

Same as you, I was into Atmos for way longer, just recently got turned on to Sage.

I must have watched/listened to Makeshift Patriot on youtube about 50 times in the week when I discovered it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdzFhBtxW0A

Man, i remember going to Shows that Sage, Atmos, Buck, Aesop, El-P, Alias, etc... all threw together, back when "Definitive Jux" was simply "DEF JUX". Back when Mr. Dibbs was still rolling with Atmosphere. Back when they couldn't fill a bar, much less ever be considered for a festival. I loved hip hop.

But Hip hop has changed. In my opinion, after 9/11 the direction of the country and the the focus of people changed forever. People stopped caring about the streets so much as they did foreign policy. Our world opened up in a digital format, connecting people in a manner that has been unmatched throughout the history of man. There was a giant change in the focus of people, and along with that, came an evolution in music through piracy and influence.

Wax died. Hip hop went through the roof with bullshit R&B and Thuggery nonsense. Bottles in the club replaced gang-rap and MTV & the record companies consolodated genres into a few wack formats that are still beign repeated to this day. Shit changed. Hip hop was what it was back in the day, but it will never be the same. Everyone is grasping at straws here trying to relive hip hop moments from highschool, but it will never materialize. Sorry.

SuperStar
02-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Shit changed. Hip hop was what it was back in the day, but it will never be the same. Everyone is grasping at straws here trying to relive hip hop moments from highschool, but it will never materialize. Sorry.

Oh, how morose!

But the only word I have issue with is, "everyone".... Speak for yourself man. It probably should have read, "I am grasping at straws here trying to relive hip hop moments from high school, but it will never materialize. Also, if you guys think you are enjoying the current generation/phase of hip hop, you're wrong to do so, and I'm going to try to bring you down into my depression with me."

ZackQ
02-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Man, i remember going to Shows that Sage, Atmos, Buck, Aesop, El-P, Alias, etc... all threw together, back when "Definitive Jux" was simply "DEF JUX". Back when Mr. Dibbs was still rolling with Atmosphere. Back when they couldn't fill a bar, much less ever be considered for a festival. I loved hip hop.

Remember when Slug would bring Eyedea with him? And they would free style like nuts. Those were the days....

redthreat
02-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Remember when Slug would bring Eyedea with him? And they would free style like nuts. Those were the days....

I do! Those were definitely the days.

where's Eyedea now?

redthreat
02-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Oh, how morose!

But the only word I have issue with is, "everyone".... Speak for yourself man. It probably should have read, "I am grasping at straws here trying to relive hip hop moments from high school, but it will never materialize. Also, if you guys think you are enjoying the current generation/phase of hip hop, you're wrong to do so, and I'm going to try to bring you down into my depression with me."

whatever man, keep trying to convince yourself that hip hop is even half as alive as it was 5 years ago. there's an empty closet where you can hang out with blues and disco while you're at it.

ZackQ
02-04-2009, 05:26 PM

where's Eyedea now?

Eydea fell off man. His studio albums got whack.

Coachella Bound
02-04-2009, 05:55 PM
i'd rather have Immortal Technique...

So hiphop/music is supposed to make you feel a certin way, well i think i finaly figured out why Immortal doesn't appeal to me....... I don't like the way his music/lyrics make me feel. Of course its inteligent and his word play is phenominal, but its depressing and it makes me not like the world.

where's Eyedea now?

Oh, and you asked about Eyedea did ya.......

www.myspace.com/facecandy

www.myspace.com/carboncarousel

and Eyedea & Abiliteis are still constantly working on new material. You can catch them @ this years Paid Dues fest on March 28 @ the NOS Events Center in San Bernardino.........

cr8vbeats
02-04-2009, 11:50 PM
!?!?!?!?!?

ZackQ
02-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Oh, and you asked about Eyedea did ya.......

www.myspace.com/facecandy

www.myspace.com/carboncarousel

and Eyedea & Abiliteis are still constantly working on new material. You can catch them @ this years Paid Dues fest on March 28 @ the NOS Events Center in San Bernardino.........

How's the new stuff? The last new Eyedea material I heard was kinda whack. He's obviously got skill, just watch his battle against Shellz I think the dude's name was. It's on YouTube.

djandrews25
02-05-2009, 09:21 AM
As a person who hates today's rap, i have to say atmosphere is a breath of fresh air. He brings back why rap first came into the limelight. Poetry and a beat that is actually musical. I am not young. and once again i hate rap.

Coachella Bound
02-05-2009, 11:43 AM
How's the new stuff? The last new Eyedea material I heard was kinda whack. He's obviously got skill, just watch his battle against Shellz I think the dude's name was. It's on YouTube.

Agreed, the Self Titled E&A album was way below First Born and Oliver Hart, and chances are things won't ever reach that level again.

Mike (Eyedea) is more focused on his other projects and seems to be driven on becoming a successful frontman rather than an MC.

I kind of see the same thing happening w/ Atmosphere. Less touring w/ DJs and more so with live bands. Which is something ive never been shy of expressing my hatred for. Its just not the same, i mean it's cool here and there but no one can replace Ant and NO ONE WILL EVER BE A BETTER TOURING DJ THAN MR DIBBS!!!!! NO ONE!!!!

ZackQ
02-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Mr. Dibbs was the shit. Those shows back in the day were so tight.

Like I said earlier, I accepted that Slug would never rival what he did on Overcast a while ago. But I am anxious to see what direction it all goes in. I'm never let down by what he does.

busyD
02-05-2009, 01:54 PM
As a person who hates today's rap, i have to say atmosphere is a breath of fresh air. He brings back why rap first came into the limelight. Poetry and a beat that is actually musical. I am not young. and once again i hate rap.

you should mos def check out people under the stairs. they're like a hurricane of fresh air

ZackQ
02-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah, PUTS is super chill. Good stuff.

bingo_caller
02-06-2009, 05:33 AM
hip hop does not suck live. u just need to get closer up to the stage to feel it more.... if you think hip hop sucks live you have not been to a hip hop show brother...

SbE9dyghbUE

xBB6NAqnpJ4

^ by the way you need to catch the solo in that...its sick

Those shows look siccc!

ZackQ
02-06-2009, 02:13 PM
The Roots were really good in '07...on the main stage....under disgusting heat. There's something to be said for that.

PotVsKtl
02-06-2009, 02:14 PM
If either Slug or Sage Francis are anywhere near your favorite rappers, you probably ought to listen to more hip hop before discussing it publically.

busyD
02-06-2009, 03:39 PM
If either Slug or Sage Francis are anywhere near your favorite rappers, you probably ought to listen to more hip hop before discussing it publically.

QFT

ZackQ
02-06-2009, 03:43 PM
I don't think we're saying Slug or Sage Francis is on the same level as Biggie, Jay Z, Tupac, Ice Cube etc. The point is that they do something different, and can be appreciated on their own merits.

Coachella Bound
02-06-2009, 05:55 PM

Youd shutupa your face if you knew what was good for you!

Sage Francis is a lyrical fuck*ng genius. Two college degrees, a Scribble Jam Championship, he destroyed the poetry and spoken word circut.

Him and Slug both have their own record labels, talk about shit I can relate to, and are constantly proving haters wrong with thier DIY mentality.

Plus they have around 30 different albums between the two of them.

Id really love to hear who your favorite rapper is????

Sushov23
02-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Youd shutupa your face if you knew what was good for you!

Sage Francis is a lyrical fuck*ng genius. Two college degrees, a Scribble Jam Championship, he destroyed the poetry and spoken word circut.

Him and Slug both have their own record labels, talk about shit I can relate to, and are constantly proving haters wrong with thier DIY mentality.

Plus they have around 30 different albums between the two of them.

Id really love to hear who your favorite rapper is????

pot has it right, sage is great no doubt. BUT, fav. rapper????? NAH. Tell me what rappers/hip-hop acts you like? have listened to on a regular basis?

pdhow
02-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Pot - whatever else.....

Why can't Sage or Slug be his favorite rapper????

Isn't favorite anything subjective to the person who's speaking?

Why don't you try a little different tact next time and mention that maybe there are other rappers out there that maybe he might like a little more if he listened to them instead of trying to challenge his knowledge of rap music.

Punks try to act all high and mighty cause they think they know something. Truth is you are entitled to your own opinion, its just too bad you come off like an ass because of some petty shit like others' tastes. Why do you even give a fuck, you lowlife.

Californicator
02-06-2009, 09:15 PM
SAGE is my favorite rapper. The Non-Prophets cd is the illest shit ever.

SAGE FTW > Slug.

ZackQ
02-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Sage and Slug rap about very personal things. It stands to reason that there are many people who personally relate to what they rap about, and thus would consider them their favorites.

....in terms of sheer, objective rapping skill, I don't think anyone here said Sage or Slug was the best ever.

PC-2 Violence
02-06-2009, 10:31 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c46/NoAh2323/707210831_l.jpg

Jremy
02-07-2009, 03:27 AM
^ am i supposed to think you're a cool guy? because i don't ^
pretty douchy actually.

Xenocide
02-07-2009, 03:37 AM
please add Immortal Technique to the lineup...

Coachella Bound
02-07-2009, 01:47 PM
pot has it right, sage is great no doubt. BUT, fav. rapper????? NAH. Tell me what rappers/hip-hop acts you like? have listened to on a regular basis?

So i had a long, typed out, elaborate, in your face answer, and it loged me out before i could submit it......

So now you you get my half ass answer. Ive listened to a lot of hiphop and i stick with my statement.

These arnt in any particular order, but its stuff ive enjoyed over the years

Beastie Boys
Pharcyde
Atmosphere
Blackalicious
Visionaries
Dilated Peoples
Tribe Called Quest
Mos Def
Talib
Hieroglyphics {Souls of Mischief, Del)
Aesop Rock
Living Legends {3MG, G&E, CMA, Mystik Journeymen)
Gangstar
De La
the Roots
Sage Francis
Adverse
Eyedea
Brother Ali
El P
Nas
anticon. (Sole, Dose One, Jel, Alias)

theres more, but yeah, like I said Sage and Slugg! Word.....

EDIT : Sage Francis - Personal Journals....

Go buy the cd, w/ the booklet inside. Sit down and listen to the album while reading it, maybee do it a few times till your truely understand what hes going through.

Then tell me that shit doesnt give you the chills.

Also Non-Prophet's HOPE is a true homage to the hiphop of old.

and i can't say enough about Atmosphere's Overcast! "We sworm with the bees and diseases, and even if your DJ was Jesus, you could never fuck with these kids."

ZackQ
02-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Atmosphere's Overcast is real hip hop. It's a rare album where the artists passion and love for his craft shows through on every track.

cyclops
02-08-2009, 11:10 AM
I saw Atmosphere and Heiro in the same weekend and both shows were major fails at life......

Del was a drunk running around like a monkey and pissing everyone else off.

Slug is a whiny bitch, his songs are good but he is far from being the god he and everyone else perceives him as....

PC-2 Violence
02-08-2009, 11:14 AM
pretty douchy actually.

It is symbolism.

It represents Coachella, Slug, and that your both douchefags all in one photograph.

stinkbutt
02-08-2009, 12:48 PM
I'd rather have a Deep Puddle Dynamics reunion

ZackQ
02-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Whatever happened to Spawn? The other MC on Overcast?

stinkbutt
02-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Nothing he still shows his face once and awhile at shows but not much I think he is working at Jimmy John's now

Coachella Bound
02-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Whatever happened to Spawn? The other MC on Overcast?

After Overcast! things just went in a different direction, whether it was Slugg and Ant shutting him out, or Spawn just not feeling the motivation to head in the direction Atmosphere was going, it ended. Slugg has been quoted saying that "because of their stubborn rapper mentalties, there was no compromise."

PC-2 Violence
02-13-2009, 02:27 AM
pretty douchy actually.

sean?

ZackQ
02-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Man, I'd never gotten really into People Under the Staris before this week. Really really good.

chemicalbrother
02-13-2009, 01:50 PM
would you call 2pac emo hop?
im not comparing the two, i am just asking if someone is rapping about real life things...does that make it emo hop?
would you rather they rap about things like doritos and nachos like lil' wayne?

redthreat
02-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Man, I'd never gotten really into People Under the Staris before this week. Really really good.

damn man, u weren't listening to 'the next step' 8 years ago? u should feel robbed.

how many of you have heard slugs track 'edie brickell' done by dj vadim?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtI46I9R1m0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtI46I9R1m0)

yeah. check THAT shit out and tell me slug isn't the shit.

oh, and a little bonus 4 u. (weird vid, good song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4VMh0Jtw7s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4VMh0Jtw7s)

busyD
02-14-2009, 12:05 AM
i would love to see digable planets at coach again. 06 was dooope

ZackQ
02-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Another classic for the Slug haters to chew on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA7USqZ52Mc

Even though he's only on one verse, sick track.

stinkbutt
02-14-2009, 11:18 AM
would you call 2pac emo hop?
im not comparing the two, i am just asking if someone is rapping about real life things...does that make it emo hop?
would you rather they rap about things like doritos and nachos like lil' wayne?

doritos and nachos are real life things

seandlr
02-14-2009, 12:23 PM
i found this thread tooooo late! fuck all of you guys!

"no over time, no pay, no holiday, months beheind everything but the lottery....
my wife is mad at makin magic outta can goods. my tax bracket status got her question'n my manhood"

slug is a rapper for people who go through this kinda shit. not "trust fund kids" slug is a true hip hop artist and has never lost it. to see how true he his to this hip hop life go see the paint it gold youtube video's.

atmosphere for life

busyD
02-14-2009, 08:56 PM
atmosphere for life

lawl

westcoastpirate
02-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Hip hop peaked from 94-98

Mr Lif>Slug

Murs for President>When Life Gives You Lemons

Midnight Marauders>every other hip hop album

Fire away...I'm out.

HGcoachella
02-15-2009, 12:42 PM
i like em.

HGcoachella
02-15-2009, 12:42 PM
when life gives you lemons.. paint that shit gold is prettyyyy good

busyD
02-15-2009, 02:11 PM
LOL murs is ALMOST wack. borderline. and midnight marauders isn't better than low end theory or BRL or love movement. but non the less, i'd just say tribe (almost) > all else

SubBass49
02-15-2009, 04:55 PM
MURS has become pretty wack...need I remind anyone of the gawdawful "Dreadlocks" track? Yeah...thought so...

westcoastpirate
02-15-2009, 05:07 PM
LOL murs is ALMOST wack. borderline. and midnight marauders isn't better than low end theory or BRL or love movement. but non the less, i'd just say tribe (almost) > all else

Low End Theory was cutting edge, but they perfected that style on Midnight Marauders, and the production on MM is 1000% better than LET.

seandlr
02-15-2009, 05:55 PM
What!? Murs for president is better than when life gives you lemons?
That statement is so ridiculous it makes me laugh. I can imagine you being some cheesey gangster guy whose into the peace trend

busyD
02-15-2009, 06:17 PM
That statement is so ridiculous it makes me laugh. I can imagine you being some cheesey gangster guy whose into the peace trend

if you only think this because you believe LGYL is sweet, stfu. almost everyone is better than murs. his track w/busy P is hilarious too

westcoastpirate
02-15-2009, 06:42 PM

I imagine you as a (white) kid from the suburbs of Fargo, ND who creams his pants anytime Rhymesayers puts out a new record.

westcoastpirate
02-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Oh and that pic of Slug just makes it look like you're a big fan of ICP

ZackQ
02-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Murs puts on a great live show. So does Atmosphere. Murs lives in LA. I'm sure he'll either be on stage or in the crowd for Slug's set.

ZackQ
02-15-2009, 08:29 PM
I imagine you as a (white) kid from the suburbs of Fargo, ND who creams his pants anytime Rhymesayers puts out a new record.

Suburbs of Fargo, ND? Where does the city start?

westcoastpirate
02-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Suburbs of Fargo, ND? Where does the city start?

Suburbs of Fargo, ND is a metaphor similar to Lucy for the rap game/life

Coachella Bound
02-16-2009, 02:44 AM
M.aking U.nderground R.aw S.hit fell off after 3:16 the 9th eddition, actually i wont say he fell off but shit just was not the same for me. All though don't you dare sleep on his early works, Good Music, F'REAL, MURS Rules the World, his works w/ 3MG (Gypsy's Luck, Penguins, Live in Tokyo) and his early material on the Legends LP's.

Slug is the shit so stfu. Ive all ready explained that one......and to say Mr. Lif is better is well, a FUCKING STUPID STATEMENT! He's got what 5 albums against Slugs 15.....

"It's my castle, white trash ho, and if i want to, i'll put it in your a**hole."

SLUGGO -

PotVsKtl
02-16-2009, 02:55 AM
50% of your "rappers I like" list is white emcees. In an industry 95% black. Maybe you just love light-skinned dudes.

westcoastpirate
02-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Just because you put out more albums does not make you better. If you think that you're fucking stupid.

ZackQ
02-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Comparing rappers like Slug and Murs to other artists is tough, becasue they're so versatile and switch up styles so often.

SubBass49
02-16-2009, 09:43 AM
People...cant we just come to agreement that FELT is better than any of Slug or MURS shit that they do on their own?

http://www.launderground.com/images/Music/RhymeSayers/Felt-Tribute-to-Christina-Ricci.jpg

http://www.launderground.com/images/Music/RhymeSayers/Felt-2-Tribute-to-Lisa-Bonet.jpg

Coachella Bound
02-16-2009, 12:22 PM
50% of your "rappers I like" list is white emcees. In an industry 95% black. Maybe you just love light-skinned dudes.

Whos list???

Just because you put out more albums does not make you better. If you think that you're fucking stupid.

An mc's ability to continue to push out material is a huge reason to consider them better. Sure some one can spend years putting together an album, longer to write songs/sharper production, etc....

So when someone (Mr Lif) puts out about 3 albums and 2 eps in 7 years, compared to Sluggo dropping 7 full lengths and close to 20 ep's (one for every season just last year), Dynospectrum, Deep Puddle Dynamics, FELT, Sad Clown Bad Dubs.........all in the last 11 years.

Ummm yeah id say hes got a bit more "CREDIBILITY"

People...cant we just come to agreement that FELT is better than any of Slug or MURS shit that they do on their own?

http://www.launderground.com/images/Music/RhymeSayers/Felt-Tribute-to-Christina-Ricci.jpg

http://www.launderground.com/images/Music/RhymeSayers/Felt-2-Tribute-to-Lisa-Bonet.jpg

FELT, the original was classic! FELT 2, not so much....... Niether was better than either Slugg or MURS' best solo shit to date.

redthreat
02-16-2009, 04:30 PM

zomg don't u EVER.

murs is not wack at all. his 1st albums were all freestyles and they roasted walkmen all dayyyyyy long

TallGuyCM
02-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Atmosphere is terrible. Literally the last act you'll find me at the entire weekend.

SubBass49
02-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Atmosphere is terrible. Literally the last act you'll find me at the entire weekend.

Yes! One less person! I hope many more people do the same as you.

westcoastpirate
02-16-2009, 06:52 PM
I think I found the inspiration for all Atmosphere albums:
http://www.slv-video.com/images/movies/glory%20daze.jpg

busyD
02-16-2009, 07:04 PM

dude, we should meet up. anywhere besides his stage. we'll roast a fatty

ZackQ
02-17-2009, 07:59 AM

Where's somebody with the Big Lebowski "that's like your opnion man" pic?

SP The Ghost
02-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Felt 2 slays the original. Just saying.

Jremy
02-17-2009, 09:32 PM
sean?

not sean...
Love the symbolism

seandlr
03-22-2009, 06:33 PM
slug is god

seandlr
03-22-2009, 06:35 PM
slug is my favorite mc of all time
but i dont think he falls into the category of great
on the other hand
i can put money on it that brother ali will be considedred one of the best and greatest

Devin the Dude
03-22-2009, 08:27 PM
atmosphere is now [ant's amazing DJ skills] -minus- [any talent that slug used to have]. hopefully ali comes out onstage and trashes his stupid mexican ass in another battle.

END.

sleepybrew
03-22-2009, 09:31 PM
if you havent seen atmosphere, check them out. slug has a presence matched by few other mcs/frontmen out there right now. however, having seen them 5 times at small clubs, with mr. dibbs, ant, a live band, at festivals, etc. they are much much better in a small, smoke filled room with an interested audience vs. a festival with tons of people roaming about. something about slugs lyrics are meant for a more intimate environment, it just doesnt translate into a huge field setting as well as i hoped

seandlr
03-22-2009, 11:16 PM
slug? mexican? what the

bumpngrind
03-23-2009, 11:34 AM
lame

digitaltitfuck
03-24-2009, 12:19 PM
if you have heard all of atmosphere's albums and you feel like he sucks... fine, no one can tell you who to like. but if you haven't and you've said that you don't like him (it sounds like the majority of people saying unimportant things in this thread) do your homework, download some albums and check him out. if you still don't like him cause of his "emo" style fine. stick to your usual hip-hop-bling-bling-mac-bitches-all-up-in-the-club shit.

for the record hip hop has gone down the drain. underground hip hop and old school hip hop is all the good hip hop we have left. and atmosphere is a huge part of underground hip hop.

the only good rapper thats a bit mainstream is lupe fiasco.

so fuck your kanye

fuck your lil wayne

and fuck your t.i.

leave atmosphere alone. impsyched to see him

PotVsKtl
03-24-2009, 12:25 PM
stick to your usual hip-hop-bling-bling-mac-bitches-all-up-in-the-club shit.

for the record hip hop has gone down the drain.the only good rapper thats a bit mainstream is lupe fiasco.

so fuck your kanye

fuck your lil wayne

and fuck your t.i.

For the record you don't know shit about hip hop. Do your homework, download some albums, and stop being the sort of ignorant lawn mowing grass clipping composting fuck that thinks Slug is the "best emcee alive."

djandrews25
03-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Hiphop has gone to shit. Of course there is some good stuff being put out, however i have to agree that the vast majority of popular rap/hiphop artists put out complete shit these days.

Coachella Bound
03-24-2009, 01:11 PM
For the record you don't know shit about hip hop. Do your homework, download some albums, and stop being the sort of ignorant lawn mowing grass clipping composting fuck that thinks Slug is the "best emcee alive."

So who is Pot? Who's your number one.....? Alive and still spittin......

WhyTheLongFace
03-24-2009, 01:16 PM
if you have heard all of atmosphere's albums and you feel like he sucks... fine, no one can tell you who to like. but if you haven't and you've said that you don't like him (it sounds like the majority of people saying unimportant things in this thread) do your homework, download some albums and check him out. if you still don't like him cause of his "emo" style fine. stick to your usual hip-hop-bling-bling-mac-bitches-all-up-in-the-club shit.

for the record hip hop has gone down the drain. underground hip hop and old school hip hop is all the good hip hop we have left. and atmosphere is a huge part of underground hip hop.

the only good rapper thats a bit mainstream is lupe fiasco.

so fuck your kanye

fuck your lil wayne

and fuck your t.i.

Jump off a bridge backpacker
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LCHV2I_Xog0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LCHV2I_Xog0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ZackQ
03-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Charles Hamilton is ill, I just saw him at South by Southwest. He's gonna blow up huge.

WhyTheLongFace
03-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Charles Hamilton is ill, I just saw him at South by Southwest. He's gonna blow up huge.

You're a comedian. CH will not blow he is the epitome of lame. His whole sonic the hedgehog, pink button up undershirt is lame. Sonic is his Scientology. And he has no talent. At least Tom Cruise made Top Gun.

ZackQ
03-25-2009, 12:39 PM
You're a comedian. CH will not blow he is the epitome of lame. His whole sonic the hedgehog, pink button up undershirt is lame. Sonic is his Scientology. And he has no talent. At least Tom Cruise made Top Gun.

Time will tell, time will tell.....

SDsoldier7
05-24-2009, 07:18 AM
slug didnt make this video, so yeah, just check the song. although it is a creative montage.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tt-wa7eKsyw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tt-wa7eKsyw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>