PDA

View Full Version : Year of the Cure (and other glam/brit/punk style bands)

scaliwag
01-30-2009, 12:38 PM
A common trend in style of music is developing. Love it

year of glam/brit/punk style rock. To name a few:

The cure
The killers
GlasVegas
franz ferdinand
X
Vivian Girls
The horrors
White Lies
yeah yeah yeahs (questionable)

Proadict
01-30-2009, 01:04 PM
and thats great! :D

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 01:08 PM
i hate the cure. what a terrible choice for a sunday headliner... YUCK. i think them being on sunday is worse than the killers being allowed to headline. WHO LIKES SHIT LIKE THIS?! so fake, and boring... so bummed. also, how does the cure get sunday and paul get friday? i donno man, if it werent for mbv, throbbing gristle and people under the stairs id probably not go.

fac429
01-30-2009, 01:57 PM
i hate the cure. what a terrible choice for a sunday headliner... YUCK. i think them being on sunday is worse than the killers being allowed to headline. WHO LIKES SHIT LIKE THIS?! so fake, and boring... so bummed. also, how does the cure get sunday and paul get friday? i donno man, if it werent for mbv, throbbing gristle and people under the stairs id probably not go.

wah wah wah

superfiction
01-30-2009, 02:00 PM

seriously. sunday is the best day. and if youre so sad and upset about it you would probably fit in with the rest of us watching the cure anyway. I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED MBV>>>>>THE CURE = FUCKING WINNNN

scaliwag
01-30-2009, 02:02 PM
and thats great! :D

I agree that it's great!

BrickTop24
01-30-2009, 02:03 PM
i think the cure is the best headliner out of all three. best way to end the festival. dont know why people are complaining about them.

fac429
01-30-2009, 02:06 PM
i think the cure is the best headliner out of all three. best way to end the festival. dont know why people are complaining about them.

Because the haters are hipster trash w/ bad beards

Lt. Dangel
01-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Leaving a three day festival to go back to work and the real world is depressing enough. I agree, Cure = the absolute worst headliner for Sunday.

BrickTop24
01-30-2009, 02:09 PM
Because the haters are hipster trash w/ bad beards

lol you're probibly right.

fac429
01-30-2009, 02:16 PM
"Halfster"- Not sure if he will watch the Cure:

http://www.synthstuff.com/mt/archives/beard_research.jpg

johnnystar
01-30-2009, 02:21 PM

how old r like 20 u still young so u dont know shit about music

crazzz2007
01-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Year of the Cure????

IT'S 2009 FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN YEAR OF THE CURE!!!! THIS SHIT IS RIDICULOUS!!!! AND !!!!!!!!!!! AND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrickTop24
01-30-2009, 02:27 PM
id rather see The Cure then The Killers or McCartney

crazzz2007
01-30-2009, 02:49 PM
id also rather see the cure than the killers, if you put a gun to my head.

but that doesn't mean much, b/c i don't want to see either one.

microcuts
01-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Leaving a three day festival to go back to work and the real world is depressing enough. I agree, Cure = the absolute worst headliner for Sunday.

Well I'm sorry you weren't there in 2004 when they did the same exact thing.

They closed out the festival at approximately 12:30 a.m. with the thumping bass line in A Forest. And it was magical.

hobomilitia
01-30-2009, 02:59 PM
vivian girls do not belong on that list.
or yeah yeah yeahs.

Jman4321
01-30-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm hipster trash and I support the Cure being there 100 %. Alas, I don't have a beard though.

buddy
01-30-2009, 03:01 PM
"Halfster"- Not sure if he will watch the Cure:

http://www.synthstuff.com/mt/archives/beard_research.jpg

thats funny. id pay to see goth/indie hipster fights. but id see the cure again. i saw them in 04 and they had tech issues. but id give them another shot. disintegration is the shit.

scaliwag
01-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Year of the Cure????

IT'S 2009 FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN YEAR OF THE CURE!!!! THIS SHIT IS RIDICULOUS!!!! AND !!!!!!!!!!! AND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just meant this style of music seems to be dominating the lineup

scaliwag
01-30-2009, 03:12 PM
vivian girls do not belong on that list.
or yeah yeah yeahs.

i agree about the yeah yeah yeahs...but vivian girls, i disagree