PDA

View Full Version : more hiphop 09

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 11:46 AM
seriously

don't get me wrong, people under the stairs, public enemy...

but clipse? lupe? what? where's my coachella hiphip? kool keith, busdriver, black star, little brother... i'm sad about it. not a lot of good hiphop comes where i'm at so i was countin on you!

ps. atmosphere doesn't count.

people under the stairs is gonna be great though

frisbeee
01-30-2009, 11:51 AM
atmosphere. people under the stairs. penut butter wolf. public enemy.

I ll take it. More would be nice though.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 11:53 AM
people under the stairs are tight.

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 11:54 AM
atmosphere, not my cup. pbw only djs, but he'll make up for mike relm. roni size reprasent and clipse SUCK ASS.

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 11:54 AM
PUTS are the main attraction friday as far as im concerned

frisbeee
01-30-2009, 11:55 AM
shit, how can you not like atmosphere?

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 11:56 AM
because i dont like his style, both in flows and lyrics. he bores me... i think he's like the jj of 'underground' hiphop. just me though, im not gonna hate on him. better than... roni and clipse and lupe... yuck... no talent

imamoonmonster
01-30-2009, 11:58 AM
how CAN you not like atmosphere? haha. but yea i definitely agree.. cannibal ox would have been fucking sweet.. haha.

frisbeee
01-30-2009, 11:59 AM
serious. how did lupe get billed so high? I was pretty bummed out to see that

morelifefucker
01-30-2009, 12:00 PM
get up, a git git down, late 911 joke in yo town......

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 12:02 PM
seriously though I've just given up on Coachella as a rap festival. but yeah PUTS will be super tight, pe will be dope, and clipse might be ok i guess

Odin 8
01-30-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm a fan of K'Naan. Caught his act in SF at Outside Lands. He's really good live, very engaging with the audience and performs well.

greghead
01-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Atmosphere is a group, the MC goes by Slug and the DJ goes by Ant.

But I feel what you're saying about the lack of good hip hop. Rahzel and Patton should be interesting. Public Enemy is kind of a letdown, they were terrible both times I have seen them, but I'm hoping that 3rd time will be the charm

greghead
01-30-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm a fan of K'Naan. Caught his act in SF at Outside Lands. He's really good live, very engaging with the audience and performs well.

Seconded. I was into K'Naan before I saw him at OSL, but that set sealed the deal for me. He's way tight.

All Your Base
01-30-2009, 12:09 PM
PUTS is the single biggest surprise of my research so far. This sounds like original hip-hop of the early-to-mid 90s which is when I think it was at it's height. I'm REALLY lovin this so far.

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 12:11 PM
i saw k'naan w/ stephen marley in 07 and he was good enough to see this year. i'm still let down on the hiphop. if you're into hiphop you should know why.

RageAgainst
01-30-2009, 12:18 PM
for sure PUTS,publc enemy was a let down at rock the bells god i hate flav,atmosphere will be sick murs might be there that would be cool,i will check out lupe for sure and PB wolf

Aumgn
01-30-2009, 12:24 PM
PB Wolf- hells yea.

Glad to have some Stones Throw up in this bitch

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 12:26 PM

But I feel what you're saying about the lack of good hip hop. Rahzel and Patton should be interesting. Public Enemy is kind of a letdown, they were terrible both times I have seen them, but I'm hoping that 3rd time will be the charm

hahaha dude, i know it's technically a 'group' but i was speaking specifically of slug. he turns me off. but now that you mention it, 'ant' is a boring producer. overall, atmosphere doesn't do it for me at all. i do agree that PE probably won't put on a super show, but it will be cool to see them. rahzel and patton will be interesting, but not a great hiphop show that i would hope for. PUTS will be the shit. in 07 busdriver blew me away and was the best show of the festival in my opinion and i saw arcade fire, the coup, gogol, black keys, rage and the roots.

but look at that hiphop from 07: the roots, busdriver, the coup, spank rock. el-p
08: aes rock, immortal technique, spank rock, murs
and previously: black star, jurassic 5, del, krs one, dilated peoples, mos def, and let's not forget the aes rock, mr lif, murs, rjd2, el-p altogether shit... you see what i'm saying? where is THAT shit this year?

once again, i am very happy for PUTS.

gooftroop
01-30-2009, 12:35 PM
atmosphere, not my cup. pbw only djs, but he'll make up for mike relm. roni size reprasent and clipse SUCK ASS.

Have you seen Clipse before? When I saw them they killed it. Maybe you're just not a fan...I love their albums though.

evilmushroompie
01-30-2009, 12:39 PM
PB Wolf- hells yea.

Glad to have some Stones Throw up in this bitch

Yeah, yeah! I'm content with the hip-hop since this is coachella.

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 12:43 PM

Yeah, yeah! I'm content with the hip-hop since this is coachella.

then you aren't going for hiphop at all

212margarita
01-30-2009, 12:44 PM
No one has even mentioned Themselves...they are awesome, and really good live.

EVillSD
01-30-2009, 12:46 PM
i went to the beastie gala event show and there was the worst dj that i've heard mumbling jiberish crap about how "uh, i kinda like itune, not really" (who gives afuck shut the fuck up and play something!)

i was like who the fuck is the dumbass?

dude that's not just some dumbass, it's peanut butter wolf!

(he blew.)

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 12:47 PM

true and agreed to

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 12:50 PM

actually a very good point, missed them. they're gonna be awesome. i guess they and people under the stairs equates to something... BUT I WANT MORE OP TIER! hahaha

Foucault
01-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Actually, I think that there is too much hip hop.

James
01-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Clipse is the most exciting hiphop group on the bill IMO. I've heard their live show is great.

DRKLVR
01-30-2009, 12:59 PM
does ayone know why flying lotus won't be playing? he was rumored!

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Clipse is the most exciting hiphop group on the bill IMO. I've heard their live show is great.

i will slap you with a steak

busyD
people under the stairs was a huge surprise for me. my fav missed them in october now it's time for my redemption!!

killsunshine
Actually, I think that there is too much hip hop.

you would, enjoy the cure and killers

SP The Ghost
01-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Aesop Rock was fucking wack last year. Seriously the worst show I've ever seen.

busyD
01-30-2009, 01:04 PM
lol i know how you feel ^^^

SP The Ghost
01-30-2009, 01:04 PM
But yeah, I was hoping for some more hip hop. Blu would've been sick or really anyone that's on the Paid Dues lineup.

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 01:05 PM

really? damn. i saw him with black moth super rainbow in tempe and he was THE SHIT. but hey, maybe he's a smaller venue kind of guy.

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 01:05 PM
But yeah, I was hoping for some more hip hop. Blu would've been sick or really anyone that's on the Paid Dues lineup.

the legends

SP The Ghost
01-30-2009, 01:06 PM
really? damn. i saw him with black moth super rainbow in tempe and he was THE SHIT. but hey, maybe he's a smaller venue kind of guy.

He was fucking awful and his hype man was the wackest motherfucker I've ever seen. I was totally underwhelmed. And then Sharon Jones just ripped my face off and threw it at me.

SP The Ghost
01-30-2009, 01:06 PM
the legends

So ill when MURS brought them out last year.

James
01-30-2009, 01:07 PM

I only caught him for a couple tracks but thought he was pretty entertaining. Definitely nowhere near the worst hiphop show I've ever seen. That honor goes to Kanye in 2006

SP The Ghost
01-30-2009, 01:08 PM
I only caught him for a couple tracks but thought he was pretty entertaining. Definitely nowhere near the worst hiphop show I've ever seen. That honor goes to Kanye in 2006

I was really stoned, so I could've been in the wrong state but he played a lot of newer stuff and I was hoping for more labor days-era stuff. Kanye was pretty terrible though, it has to be said.

pdhow
01-30-2009, 01:08 PM
seriously though I've just given up on Coachella as a rap festival. but yeah PUTS will be super tight, pe will be dope, and clipse might be ok i guess

definitely agree with the sentiment about coachella not being a rap festival and PUTS and PE, not to sure about clipse their music is alright. how it translates live, we'll see.

I'm also excited to see Themselves. though I was really holding my breath for a Deep Puddle Dynamics show. With Slug, Ant, and Doseone there, all we need is Sole and Alias. also love immortal technique's live show and wish I could see it again at coachella but whatever, i'm pleased.

SP The Ghost
01-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Oh, and both Slug and Ant are fucking sick.

WhyTheLongFace
01-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Its coachella dont expect much hip hop anymore. but good to see atmosphere havent seen them since the 1st paid dues. And I missed the clipse at ucr last year

BrickTop24
01-30-2009, 02:07 PM
i think they stepped it up with the hip hop this year compared to last year.

but i do agree that Atmosphere's lastest album was dissapointing.

youguysallsuckfatcock
01-30-2009, 02:25 PM

dont think you are special cause you can correct people on saying atmosphere is a group and not a rapper... casue your not... now leave

DanWiss90
01-30-2009, 02:33 PM
hey u guys should check out "the Knux" they are on for sunday in the really small writing. Id never heard of them until today but I started listening and i ended up buying one of their albums. They are already a must see for me.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-30-2009, 02:34 PM
does ayone know why flying lotus won't be playing? he was rumored!

awwww fuck :(

tencate
01-30-2009, 02:36 PM
definitely would like to see more

James
01-30-2009, 04:10 PM
they should get Weezy to headline on Saturday :D

killsunshine
01-30-2009, 04:28 PM
definitely agree with the sentiment about coachella not being a rap festival and PUTS and PE, not to sure about clipse their music is alright. how it translates live, we'll see.

I'm also excited to see Themselves. though I was really holding my breath for a Deep Puddle Dynamics show. With Slug, Ant, and Doseone there, all we need is Sole and Alias. also love immortal technique's live show and wish I could see it again at coachella but whatever, i'm pleased.

hell yea bring on sole. illogic too.

and the knux...
ktsYftAzqKQ
could be a good show, but dont have me runnin out and gettin excited.

and you people saying coachella isn't a good place for hiphop. really? they have had GREAT acts every year including BLACK STAR which is basically as sick as it gets. i mean, what more can you ask for? anybody who is eclectic, as i am and i am sure many others agree, coachella usually brings the dope as far as hihop goes. PUTS does it for me this year, but i was hopin for some de la soul, outkast, busdriver, madlib or mf doom (who has a new album soon). JUST SAYIN. i also wish gnarls was gonna be there..

greghead
01-30-2009, 04:33 PM
the knux are tight, I'm down with their production. Lyrics can be a bit shaky, but their tracks blow me away

thom cobain
01-30-2009, 04:33 PM
the god damn mother fuckin ROOTS! always the best. no one in hip hop is better.

one2fast
01-30-2009, 04:36 PM
just go to paid dues the lineup is sik!

am stoked to see the grouch

one2fast
01-30-2009, 04:37 PM
they should get Weezy to headline on Saturday :D

good god i hope ur joking plz tell me ur joking hahaha

James
01-30-2009, 04:42 PM
of course I'm joking :P

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for an Outkast add

Gnaughty Pippen
01-30-2009, 04:44 PM
i saw wale at the key club last nite... (thanks for the warren g guest spot/sick!!!)

kid cudi slipped up and loved them hos glistening sweaty sunset style

jjbaldwi
01-30-2009, 04:46 PM
The new N.A.S.A. due out in Feb. is gonna be tight.
I am actually happy with the hip-hop this year...
Atmosphere, PBW, Rahzel & Patton, PE... Lupe is okay.
Could be way worse

one2fast
01-30-2009, 04:48 PM
of course I'm joking :P

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for an Outkast add

outkast is kool especially for being mainstream they progress in a good way.the roots r sik too but i wuld like to seem sum more ppl.
n1nth cloud is soo sik tho shuld def check him out
and rly check out brokens instrumental cd so legit

busyD
01-30-2009, 05:09 PM
am stoked to see the grouch

yeah yeah tac-town rep